Should Topix require you to register to post?

Created by Madison on Jul 28, 2008

188 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Ne Ga

United States

#68 Jul 30, 2008
Meat puppet wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't fear the Reaper!
I never fear the reaper. I'm packing. The courts say I can, so any reaper that comes near me or mine again just may get a big surprise.

“Love Is a Rose”

Level 1

Since: Sep 07

United States

#69 Jul 31, 2008
the 48th ronin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Rose...I didn't consider your post a suck up, I was glad to read it. I was at the time tired and didn't take time to respond to you but concentrated on what I was trying to convey about registration/ freedom of speech/ and personal rather than imposed decisions.. sorry if I offended you.
oh and S Barnes... hello to you too...LOL
I have been consumed by trucking issues and of course my libertarian opinions on the farce we are being presented as an election along with Peak Oil and homesteading issues... sigh there just ain't enough hours in the day.
An old friend nearly died due to incompetent medical care and I lost a month staying at his home with him, that has resulted ( thank you God) in a complete recovery so I am beginning to have a few hours left over after completing my driving shifts etc.
Both of you take care, I plan on being a little more present here.... But then you know what planning is... At least the trade show season has slowed down so I am doing more computer server moves and new store deliveries...These are less demanding of my time (sigh with relief). Now if I can get the last 5 payments made on this truck I will be debt free at last!
Awwww gee, you had to go and make me feel all guilty didn't you? <Kidding>.

Hey, I really meant it. You have been missed, 48th. You've certainly been busy I see. Hey everyone. This is an example of someone who has a life! Over here.

Seriously, I'm sorry you were stressed over your friend but I'm happy that he recovered and all is well. I hope Mary is well also. Thanks for the newsy reply and you take care and see you around the threads. Drop by Troll Rehab sometime--you always had the best coffee and goodies. I'll try to behave but I can't make any promises about the others. 50,000 posts and going strong there. LOL!

“Love Is a Rose”

Level 1

United States

#70 Jul 31, 2008
wobble wrote:
<quoted text>
You get the "judge it" things to huh? I swear I could say that the sky is blue and would immediatly get judged as clueless, and mean. Maybe we're doing something right! ; )
Oh sure wobble. Everyone gets them. If you happen to be on the "wrong" side of the debate you will get tons of negative Judge It thingies. Some people just see a name and instantly start clicking on those silly icons. We know they don't mean anything, but I also know we all notice them. LOL!

If I see you again I'll try to give you a good one, that is if you say something I like. LOL!
Meat puppet

Long Beach, CA

#71 Jul 31, 2008
Ne Ga wrote:
<quoted text>I never fear the reaper. I'm packing. The courts say I can, so any reaper that comes near me or mine again just may get a big surprise.
Watch them metal detectors!
S Barnes

Grand Terrace, CA

#72 Jul 31, 2008
the 48th ronin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Rose...I didn't consider your post a suck up, I was glad to read it. I was at the time tired and didn't take time to respond to you but concentrated on what I was trying to convey about registration/ freedom of speech/ and personal rather than imposed decisions.. sorry if I offended you.
oh and S Barnes... hello to you too...LOL
I have been consumed by trucking issues and of course my libertarian opinions on the farce we are being presented as an election along with Peak Oil and homesteading issues... sigh there just ain't enough hours in the day.
An old friend nearly died due to incompetent medical care and I lost a month staying at his home with him, that has resulted ( thank you God) in a complete recovery so I am beginning to have a few hours left over after completing my driving shifts etc.
Both of you take care, I plan on being a little more present here.... But then you know what planning is... At least the trade show season has slowed down so I am doing more computer server moves and new store deliveries...These are less demanding of my time (sigh with relief). Now if I can get the last 5 payments made on this truck I will be debt free at last!
48th Ronin, you should check out the PA2 prayer thread as it is usually at the top of the stack of the immigration reform forums and they say prayers for other acutely and seriously hurt persons on that thread. Though much of it is dedicated to PA2's husband, there is enough love for other sick and severely injured posters/friends! Take care and we will be posting later, dude! lol
Bonnie

Twin Falls, ID

#74 Jul 31, 2008
Wild Irish Rose2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Bonnie. You can be right. I'd rather be honest.
You know you do not question my honesty. You've already told me that. And no jack jack take backs. Bonnie

“Love Is a Rose”

Level 1

United States

#75 Jul 31, 2008
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>You know you do not question my honesty. You've already told me that. And no jack jack take backs. Bonnie
Who's jack?
Bonnie

Twin Falls, ID

#76 Jul 31, 2008
Wild Irish Rose2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's jack?
Ok....... Well then...Uhhh.. Haven't you meet the Captain. Captain Wolfman Jack?...Opps... On second thought you two have met. Ah forget it I guess. later.
eagle did in GA girl56

United States

#77 Jul 31, 2008
Wild Irish Rose2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's jack?
He owns MeHoff oil and lube around the corner from here.

“Love Is a Rose”

Level 1

United States

#78 Jul 31, 2008
eagle did in GA girl56 wrote:
<quoted text>He owns MeHoff oil and lube around the corner from here.
That's what I thought.
shakes the klown

Long Beach, CA

#79 Jul 31, 2008
eagle did in GA girl56 wrote:
<quoted text>He owns MeHoff oil and lube around the corner from here.
Jack Daniels, at the Hole UR Inn?
what

Somerset, KY

#80 Aug 1, 2008
Welcome to the Internet and world opinion. Thick skin must be worn at all times beyond this point.

“ON THE PROWL”

Level 1

Since: Jul 08

Deltona, FL

#81 Dec 27, 2008
Bump..

Eagle

“Love Is a Rose”

Level 1

United States

#83 Dec 27, 2008
Posted July 29
Page 2

It might be a good idea which I suggested on the Topix Forum btw, but I doubt Topix will ever do it.

They count on as many people coming to this website as they possibly can get. They can't afford to limit the use of this site to just those who register. Registering has no real advantages anyway; it's just a gimmick created by Topix to get more people involved through the use of Profiles, avatars, becoming Editors and so forth. They allow everyone and anyone to post here because their one and only goal is profits. The more posters the more clicks on the advertising links and the more money they make. Pretty simple. Topix doesn't care about the community of posters here or the people. It should be pretty obvious by now.

“Go Buckeyes!”

Location hidden

#84 Dec 27, 2008
Maybe they can change it to where only
those who are registered can start a
thread or a poll.

That would help a lot.
Enough is enough

Tallahassee, FL

#85 Dec 27, 2008
This is the most stupid poll I've seen!

Rose is right... Topix does not give a flying f*ck about us, just the money from the clicks.

As for being a member, you members are at a greater risk of being hacked. On another site a couple of years ago I was hacked into through their site by an employee, so beware of the info you keep on your email account. I guarantee Topix is using your info you supply unlawfully.

“Go Buckeyes!”

Location hidden

#87 Dec 27, 2008
The Twins wrote:
I find it unbelievable that Rose and Shayla always thought it was funny when their buddy BOC, Tyrone, NE Reds Momma, etc. etc. etc. was starting polls about Madison, who by the way started this poll. But now that it's come around to their turns they're crying like babies. Tough!
At least 15 former bloggers have left the immigration reform thread to to stalking and harrassment, but very few people cared or came to their aid. Instead they egged on the stalker's vile polls and posts.
Rose don't bother with one of your long-winded blathers as they say I'm gone! You're so pro-illegal it isn't funny. And your side-kick Shayla is a sorry excuse for a blogger. She too never says anything positive about illegal alien bloggers. Play your games "girls" as you neither one ladies.
I wasn't going to answer this, but you have
pissed me off.

I have said things about the things that
were said to Madison. I even tried to get
her to quit responding to that person
so you have no clue what you are talking
about you freaking loser hiding behind a
proxy....yeah your creditability sucks!

Shove it up your azz fool!

“Go Buckeyes!”

Location hidden

#88 Dec 27, 2008
The Twins wrote:
I find it unbelievable that Rose and Shayla always thought it was funny when their buddy BOC, Tyrone, NE Reds Momma, etc. etc. etc. was starting polls about Madison, who by the way started this poll. But now that it's come around to their turns they're crying like babies. Tough!
At least 15 former bloggers have left the immigration reform thread to to stalking and harrassment, but very few people cared or came to their aid. Instead they egged on the stalker's vile polls and posts.
Rose don't bother with one of your long-winded blathers as they say I'm gone! You're so pro-illegal it isn't funny. And your side-kick Shayla is a sorry excuse for a blogger. She too never says anything positive about illegal alien bloggers. Play your games "girls" as you neither one ladies.
You're too much of a chicken chit to
post under your own name and isp.

Looks like the only one playing a game
is you, cry azz!

“Love Is a Rose”

Level 1

United States

#89 Dec 27, 2008
The Twins wrote:
I never laughed or made fun of any threads created about Madison so stop accusing me of something I never did you fool.

As for the rest of your blather I have no idea what "15 former bloggers" you're talking about. It's not my job to come to ANYONE'S defense ever; and why should I come to anyone's defense or support them anyway if they have done nothing to defend me? Most people here are not my friends so you are way out of line in your whiny little spiel.

You can call me "pro-illegal" all you like; it matters not to me. If my opinions cause you or anyone else to label me "pro-illegal" what the he11 do I care? I've expressed my opinions and that's all. You nor anyone else has to like them.

Of course you would tell me not to reply--people like you neither like the TRUTH nor do you want to hear it. Pathetic.

BTW I mentioned to Madison on a separate thread long before she started this Poll about Topix members being registered. She thanked me, said it was a good idea and then created this Poll. Know what and who you're talking about before you just start spewing your rabid foam all over the place.

You wouldn't know a "lady" if your life depended upon it. No one was "whining" btw. This thread was suggested as a place to talk about the issue of Topix requiring membership. In my opinion it makes no difference given the use of Anonymous Proxies and fake IP addys.

And who the he11 are you anyway? No one that I know or recognize. I rest my case.

“Love Is a Rose”

Level 1

United States

#90 Dec 27, 2008
Shayla G wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't going to answer this, but you have
pissed me off.
I have said things about the things that
were said to Madison. I even tried to get
her to quit responding to that person
so you have no clue what you are talking
about you freaking loser hiding behind a
proxy....yeah your creditability sucks!
Shove it up your azz fool!
Exactly Shayla. We both tried to tell Madison not to reply to the trolls who were hassling her or creating polls/threads about her.

These people expect us to come to the aid and defense of everyone who gets a nasty thread created about them. But they are the ones who couldn't give a chit if it's about one of us and they even join in posting to them I noticed.

I'm sick of all this crap. No one should have vile, vulgar and nasty polls/threads created about them. It doesn't matter who it is. All any of us can do is report them and try and ignore the people who create them. But that's up to each person to do for themselves. No one is obligated to defend anyone else. They do it if they choose to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GOP stokes Ebola fears against immigrants 10 min Guess Who 706
The junk collector has failed us... 31 min USMail XXXII 14
O'Reilly Asks Why Deported Illegal Aliens Who R... 37 min dirtbag1958 3
...Illegal Aliens Registered to Vote in NC 1 hr tomato 15
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr X Crypsis X 136,666
9 first-time Latino candidates run for Congress 2 hr tomato 2
Anti-police fliers found near site of Santa Cru... (Jun '10) 2 hr John Colby 114

Immigration Reform People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE