Roswell, GA

#137551 Aug 22, 2013
johnny belinda wrote:
<quoted text>
"KEEP SEARCHIN'{We'll Follow The Sun}
http://youtu.be/wR2ddp99dtk
Del Shannon
{{STEREO}} SirBasilpics
Hey you!! Just dropping in to say Hi. Back to bed soon. Woke up with my leg hurting so I thought I'd just take a second. Turned out to be a hair line fracture of the tibia and I walked around a lot today so it's talking to me. The entire summer has been a wash out. Haven't been able to do anything that I had planned to do around the homestead, but I'll get it done sooner or later. Came down to pick up some bear spray to keep the bears out of my trash. They are very active this year with all this rain. Plenty of food and water. The deer seem to be taking over too. I enjoy the deer but the bears can get in trouble if they keep coming around humans too much so I use the bear spray to try and keep them deeper in the woods. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. The little stinkers!! Haven't seen the coyotes lately but once in awhile I hear them at night. Did you know they will breed with domestic dogs and if you kill one the next litter is just that much bigger. Read that last year and was astounded. That's why you can never get rid of them no matter how many you kill or trap. Nature is sure amazing isn't it. Anyway, better go take an Advil and try to shut this leg up so I can get some more sleep. You have a wonderful day and many blessings to you and yours. Fletcher says "Woof". That's "Hey Dude" in dog talk. LOL!!!
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#137552 Aug 23, 2013
P. S. Yes, Fletcher and I actually have someone that picks up our trash for us. It's been a real blessing especially with this stupid leg. I had to call Mr. and Mrs Cantrell one morning and make sure the boys didn't miss me. Told them I was under a "bear attack". Mr. Cantrell just laughed and said "okay". We have several small companies that pick up there on the mountain. It sure saves time and they're brave to do it, with those mountain roads I live on. Otherwise I'd have to take it to one of the convenince centers that the county has. Sometimes they're already full so you just have to take the trash home again and it costs $1 a bag. The only thing you have to remember is keep the trash in the basement till pick up day or your constantanly under some "critter" attack. God Bless the ones that serve us in that way. They'll never know how much I appreciate them. They're a real blessing to us.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#137553 Aug 23, 2013
We have Dish TV, too. Some have Direct TV. Years ago when we bought our place, Dish was the only one up there. They recently upgraded my box and actually gave me free HBO. I'm not complaining. Guess it was because we had used them for so long. That was nice. Ellijay Telephone Company supplies us with phones and even internet service . I tried having it for a while but got so many stupid calls I gave up and just went back to my cell phone only. Hopefully one day I'll be able to reconnect. Suprisenly I get few dropped calls with AT&T. So see, we aren't such hicks up there. We have eveything anyone else does if we choose to have it. I just really don't have time for a computer. Probably wouldn't use it much anyway. Too, much other stuff to keep me busy.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#137554 Aug 23, 2013
Just one more thing about some of our law enforcement heroes up there. During one of the many floods we have had recently one of the Chiefs of Police was trying to rescue some citizens. I was listeninkg to my scanner to all the calls for help. When the Chief responded in a pick up truck the water was already over the road. He got out of his truck and was going to try and walk in but a tree fell across an electric line and he was electrocuted. We were blessed he didn't die. Some idiot was, one they were trying to save, called them "fools" on a new report, because they couldn't make it to them till the water started receding and then only with boats. Some just never appreciate what they have until they lose it. Our fire and resue was right out there, too, risking their lives for us along with our county law enforcement. It was bad enough that some houses were washed off their foundations. I say thank God for each and every one of them. Some said they would not rebuild. I would. I say just take notice of what they do in La., and build up on stilts next time if you love where you live. Sometimes you just have to make adjustments for things you love.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#137555 Aug 23, 2013
I was just watching the news and was reminded of another hero in this state. A simple bookkeeper talkikng down a troubled young man that entered one of our schools firing an AK-47. A simple bookkeper. Imagine that. A good family thought they were doing the right thing by tryig to help a stranger and this is what happened by letting him stay in their home. Thank God none of them were hurt and no children or staff. I hope law enforcement does honor this young woman in a way that she deserves and all the parents at the school understand their children are alive due to her bravery. Walking into a school these days to go to work is not for the faint of heart. Honor those that do it and pray for their safety. You may just be prayihng for someone that very well may save your child's life in one way or another. I don't remember her name but I say, "God Bless you and all those like you"!!

“Take a deep breath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#137556 Aug 23, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
We have Dish TV, too. Some have Direct TV. Years ago when we bought our place, Dish was the only one up there. They recently upgraded my box and actually gave me free HBO. I'm not complaining. Guess it was because we had used them for so long. That was nice. Ellijay Telephone Company supplies us with phones and even internet service . I tried having it for a while but got so many stupid calls I gave up and just went back to my cell phone only. Hopefully one day I'll be able to reconnect. Suprisenly I get few dropped calls with AT&T. So see, we aren't such hicks up there. We have eveything anyone else does if we choose to have it. I just really don't have time for a computer. Probably wouldn't use it much anyway. Too, much other stuff to keep me busy.
I live in the boonies where there is no TV reception over the airwaves. There is a cable TV company here but they charge $40 per month for basic cable and they only have 12 channels. I had direct T.V. for about 11 years. They charged $80 per month and there was a lot of crap channels but they seemed to care more about getting new customers than they cared about loyal customers. A neighbor opened an account with Direct TV and they gave her a HD DVR receiver and two free months for opening an account. I contacted the company and asked if I could get a HD DVR receiver and they told me it would cost me $200. When I asked why they were giving them away for free to my neighbor, they told me that it was for new customers only. I explained that when I was a new customer, there was no such thing as HD TV and so they should set me up with one since I was a loyal customer for such a long time. They refused so I quit paying the bill and bought a ROKU at Wal Mart for $68. It runs off the internet and it has a HDMI cable that goes to the TV. There are hundreds of free channels and for $8. per month you can purchase premium channels with thousands of movies and television shows to choose from. For what it cost me for one month of Direct TV, I got a whole year subscription to Amazon, Netflix and HULU. Direct TV is a big rip off! Everyone should get a ROKU and send that companies employees to the unemployment line.

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Bamenda, Cameroon

#137557 Aug 23, 2013
you dont know me
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#137558 Aug 23, 2013
One more thing to remember about the young man and the school shooting. Some will jump in blaming the family for not gettting him the help he needed. I had an older sister very much like him. She died several years ago. The family can commit these family members till hell freezes over, get the counceling, try everything. Yet, in the end it is up to the patient to take the meds the way they should and sometimes the meds just stop working. My familiy dealt with it for over 20 years. It's not easy and can at times be frighenting. So before some of you start saying the family should have done something, that's not always true.
G Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#137559 Aug 23, 2013
Now for a lighter side. Was just watching our local Fox News. I knew there was a reason for Jack Daniels Single Barrel being my drink of choice. I don't drink much or often, but they are expanding in Tn and will be hiring almost 100 Americans. GO JD!!! ROTF!!!
G Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#137560 Aug 23, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in the boonies where there is no TV reception over the airwaves. There is a cable TV company here but they charge $40 per month for basic cable and they only have 12 channels. I had direct T.V. for about 11 years. They charged $80 per month and there was a lot of crap channels but they seemed to care more about getting new customers than they cared about loyal customers. A neighbor opened an account with Direct TV and they gave her a HD DVR receiver and two free months for opening an account. I contacted the company and asked if I could get a HD DVR receiver and they told me it would cost me $200. When I asked why they were giving them away for free to my neighbor, they told me that it was for new customers only. I explained that when I was a new customer, there was no such thing as HD TV and so they should set me up with one since I was a loyal customer for such a long time. They refused so I quit paying the bill and bought a ROKU at Wal Mart for $68. It runs off the internet and it has a HDMI cable that goes to the TV. There are hundreds of free channels and for $8. per month you can purchase premium channels with thousands of movies and television shows to choose from. For what it cost me for one month of Direct TV, I got a whole year subscription to Amazon, Netflix and HULU. Direct TV is a big rip off! Everyone should get a ROKU and send that companies employees to the unemployment line.
Sorry for your trouble. I can't afford one of those fancy TVs like you have so HD-tv means nothing to me anyway. LOL!!! Couldn't care less.
G Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#137561 Aug 23, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
And, don't be so quick to send anyone to the unemployment lines. Those that work for companies just install the equipment, they don't set prices, jerk.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#137562 Aug 23, 2013
Sorry, should have been Ga Girl 56. I'm not known for my typing. LOL!
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#137563 Aug 23, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you talk about something important like losing the Voting Rights Act. Many worked for decades and gave their lives for us to accomplish such a milestone in our history. Watch Dr. King's "I have a dream speech". He says "all Americans". In my opinion this opened the door for women in the work place in this country too. So what's your opinion on this.

“Take a deep breath”

Level 8

Let it out

#137564 Aug 23, 2013
G Girl 56 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry for your trouble. I can't afford one of those fancy TVs like you have so HD-tv means nothing to me anyway. LOL!!! Couldn't care less.
Of course you can't afford a fancy TV. You waste all of your money paying the satellite company $80 per month to watch reruns. You can buy a really nice HD TV and a ROKU for what you spend in one year buying a satellite signal.

“Take a deep breath”

Level 8

Let it out

#137565 Aug 23, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you talk about something important like losing the Voting Rights Act. Many worked for decades and gave their lives for us to accomplish such a milestone in our history. Watch Dr. King's "I have a dream speech". He says "all Americans". In my opinion this opened the door for women in the work place in this country too. So what's your opinion on this.
I believe that the supreme court's decision was a big mistake. Those states that had to get approval from the feds before making changes to their voting rules have a long history of disenfranchising minority voters. Without federal oversight those states will implement draconian measures sure to disenfranchise women and minorities from the vote.

“Take a deep breath”

Level 8

Let it out

#137566 Aug 23, 2013
G Girl 56 wrote:
<quoted text>And, don't be so quick to send anyone to the unemployment lines. Those that work for companies just install the equipment, they don't set prices, jerk.
Actually, the majority of those workers are paid very little and have little or no job security. The world is moving towards streaming video over high speed internet. They aught to think about their futures and begin a small business of their own installing and providing tech support for streaming video devices, computer support and other IT services of the future.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#137567 Aug 23, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the majority of those workers are paid very little and have little or no job security. The world is moving towards streaming video over high speed internet. They aught to think about their futures and begin a small business of their own installing and providing tech support for streaming video devices, computer support and other IT services of the future.
Whatever!!!
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#137568 Aug 23, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't seem to think about the fact it takes money and lots of it for a business start-up. Most don't have this kind of capital so until streaming is the end all be all let's let them keep their jobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump close to naming retired Marine general to... 45 min Le Jimbo 35
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 45 min Truth is might 14,935
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 hr Philosophic 13,211
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? 6 hr Mary Jane 91
News US Muslims watch Trump victory with 'fear and c... 7 hr davy 11
News Santorum and the Messy Truth of Immigration 8 hr Skittlez9991 2
News FAIR's big play: Onetime fringe group hopes to ... 8 hr Vulva2976 26
More from around the web