Immigrants to be exhumed in hopes of identifying

Full story: SFGate 15
Starting in May, a group will exhume the remains of dozens of illegal immigrants laid to rest at Falfurrias Cemetery in South Texas in hopes of identifying them. Full Story
Jim

Omaha, NE

#1 Mar 24, 2013
OMG!
ronnie

Kaysville, UT

#2 Mar 24, 2013
What a waste of tax-payers dollars. The MEXICANS THAT ARE IDENTIFIED, should make their Family's pay for the identifications. We are being exploited by Mexicans and they are taking too much of our time and money. Once they are ID'd they'll probably sue the U.S. for their death's. We have got to put and end too this exploitation. It's destroying our Cities and States.Those people were taking their chances and their parent's allowed them to die in the desert. Not Americans... Another huge waste of time and resources....
this fall on government

United States

#3 Mar 24, 2013
Y not let da govenment agents do this, all they do s ride arond wasting gas w/ americans hard earned dollars let them take on this job/mission. an so what if they were "mexicans", what do u texans think most of u all r. remember this area once belonged 2??? Bingo. so if they r buried here hey ur at home brother/sisters. Plus, y r we just findin out they were buried and here? I would have attended as christian brotherly love!

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#4 Mar 25, 2013
Who is paying for this?
so not us hope

United States

#5 Mar 25, 2013
Not be ugly but whoever did da burying should be resposible! "digging up" they should know exactly where the buried them. and whoever dug, well start digging again!
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#6 Mar 25, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
Who is paying for this?
I assume that is a rhetorical question.
justice

Bellevue, WA

#8 Mar 25, 2013
ronnie wrote:
What a waste of tax-payers dollars. The MEXICANS THAT ARE IDENTIFIED, should make their Family's pay for the identifications. We are being exploited by Mexicans and they are taking too much of our time and money. Once they are ID'd they'll probably sue the U.S. for their death's. We have got to put and end too this exploitation. It's destroying our Cities and States.Those people were taking their chances and their parent's allowed them to die in the desert. Not Americans... Another huge waste of time and resources....
sorry to disapoint you but americans are the ones that are crossing this people and leaving them to die in the brush.

Level 10

Location hidden

#9 Mar 25, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume that is a rhetorical question.
You betcha!
taxpayer

Raymondville, TX

#10 Mar 25, 2013
Why do we have to do so much for illegals and foreign countries yet nothing for our own people, Americans, here?

Level 10

Location hidden

#11 Mar 26, 2013
taxpayer wrote:
Why do we have to do so much for illegals and foreign countries yet nothing for our own people, Americans, here?
Look at the money Bloomberg is tossing around in the name of gun control. Wouldn't his money be better spent in the area schools or at the local food banks? He's a tool.
hunter

United States

#13 Apr 1, 2013
Just go into the ranches. There are THOUSANDS in there. Trust me.
muy bueno

United States

#14 Apr 1, 2013
As a member of the human race and more specifically the hispanic race, I am glad they are doing something to bring closures to the families of these lost souls. My hopes are that we can also try to find our fellow Americans that are lost in Mexico. God bless our big hearted Americans that know what is morally right and are willing to do whatever it takes, regardless of the cost.
madd

United States

#15 Apr 3, 2013
muy bueno wrote:
As a member of the human race and more specifically the hispanic race, I am glad they are doing something to bring closures to the families of these lost souls. My hopes are that we can also try to find our fellow Americans that are lost in Mexico. God bless our big hearted Americans that know what is morally right and are willing to do whatever it takes, regardless of the cost.
I agree 100% but still don't feel we should pocket the bill. The county spends so much money on themselves and then they want 2 raise our taxses. Life is not fair butdo you see this right for us?
Rosco

Murfreesboro, TN

#16 Apr 3, 2013
Since all bodies are first taken to a funeral home in Mission, texas , why not sent them back to Mexico instead of bringing them back to FAL. The answer is Mexico won't take them back !!!
muy bueno

Pasadena, TX

#17 Apr 3, 2013
madd wrote:
<quoted text>I agree 100% but still don't feel we should pocket the bill. The county spends so much money on themselves and then they want 2 raise our taxses. Life is not fair butdo you see this right for us?
Might not be fair, but is morally right and if mission or Mexico don't want to do the right thing why blame the ones who are. Life is short and precious and to not help others in need because of monetary reasons would be selfish. These unknown immigrants and their families need closure. If everyone cared about the value of a life maybe our world would be a better place. Regardless, however, I choose to show kindness and be humble just as God would like us all too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Congress can block use of fees for immigration ... 9 min xxxrayted 304
Can Obama's presidency be saved? 34 min Here Is One 960
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 2 hr Vorenus 137,119
Judge Skeptical of Sheriff Arpaio's Obama Immig... 2 hr barefoot2626 62
Judge rejects lawsuit against Obama on immigration 4 hr Le Duped 21
Ted Cruz's moves on spending bill roil Republicans 5 hr STFU 52
Democrats ramp up calls for Grimma s resignatio... 7 hr STFU 13
More from around the web