Border boost spiked corruption cases

Border boost spiked corruption cases

There are 20 comments on the The San Diego Union-Tribune story from Dec 8, 2013, titled Border boost spiked corruption cases. In it, The San Diego Union-Tribune reports that:

This past week, a scene that has become all too familiar in federal courts along the southwestern border unfolded in the courtroom of San Diego federal Judge Marilyn Huff when the trial of Lorne Leslie Jones got under way.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The San Diego Union-Tribune.

Cecil Jones

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Dec 8, 2013
This story is unfair. This author attempts to use the guilt of other bad officials to convict my brother of his allegations. That is wrong and I think the author knows better. America is built on a system of justice where we can face our accusers and be given our day in court. The author did not share details of what is happening in court and that too is unfair. I don't know how this case will end, but I do not want it to be unfairly decided by the UT. Let the witnesses and the events of the trial speak for themselves. What I think they will show is no conspiracy. What we have is a motivated group of criminals receiving benefits from the govt attempting to get revenge. My brother deserves his day in court and an apology from the UT.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#2 Dec 8, 2013
-- Since 2004, almost 160 border officers and agents have been arrested or indicted on corruption-related charges in federal courts.
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Dec 9, 2013
All obama work.
spud

Blakeslee, PA

#4 Dec 9, 2013
These open borders people always come up with plenty of excuses not to enforce our laws. This article did have one thing right. It said that any time they rush something through there are always a lot of mistakes and corruption. They should have thought about that when they were rushing Obamacare through. They still have time to think about amnesty but they're rushing it big time. They want to railroad it through before the people can figure out how bad they're getting screwed.

Level 1

Since: Jan 09

california

#5 Dec 9, 2013
I have a friend that dated a border patrol agent in Yuma, AZ, she would talk to him about the massive corruption along the border and with in the agency. This is an ongoing issue that probably will never be solved.
Cecil Jones

Las Vegas, NV

#6 Dec 10, 2013
I'd like to actually hear more of the trial and see the actual evidence the government has against my brother. They claim he accepted bribes, but how did money change hands if any? What evidence was used against him to get the grand jury to indict him? Where is the evidence of a conspiracy actually involving him? Where are the records of illegal communications used to permit safe passage? There are many holes in the prosecutions case. I want to see the actual evidence that fills them. There is none. An innocent man could be getting shafted.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#7 Dec 10, 2013
Chicago politics 101. Give up low level officials to draw attention away from high level corruption. While a border agent is getting busted for letting his cousin sneak into see her children corrupt politicians in Washington are allowing millions to enter and stay illegally so that those who finance their political careers can have cheap labor.
Cecil Jones

Las Vegas, NV

#8 Dec 10, 2013
The prosecution has thrown the kitchen sink at the wall, but it looks like nothing is sticking. It was appropriate for this trial to occur around Christmas because the government has given away so many gifts just to make this look like a conspiracy. Would you read the Miranda Rights to a newly wed wife without knowing exactly what she is guilty of? Sure, we'd all be naturally curious; but to lock up your main squeeze would be highly unusual. It's the defense's turn now. Where is the money? What wiretaps do you have? Where is the sting operation? The government had over 10 years to catch my brother red-handed. I see a conspiracy against my brother seeking revenge. What type of an agent was he...highly successful.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#9 Dec 10, 2013
2 Border Patrol agents sentenced to 24 months in prison
http://azstarnet.com/news/local/border/border...
Two Border Patrol agents, convicted in April of violating the civil rights of four drug smugglers, were sentenced to two years in prison on Tuesday.
spud

Blakeslee, PA

#10 Dec 10, 2013
Cecil Jones wrote:
The prosecution has thrown the kitchen sink at the wall, but it looks like nothing is sticking. It was appropriate for this trial to occur around Christmas because the government has given away so many gifts just to make this look like a conspiracy. Would you read the Miranda Rights to a newly wed wife without knowing exactly what she is guilty of? Sure, we'd all be naturally curious; but to lock up your main squeeze would be highly unusual. It's the defense's turn now. Where is the money? What wiretaps do you have? Where is the sting operation? The government had over 10 years to catch my brother red-handed. I see a conspiracy against my brother seeking revenge. What type of an agent was he...highly successful.
Hey bro, he was only indicted. Everything will come out in the trial. If he is some kind of fall guy then I truly hope it comes out and the real perpetrator is punished. If he is proven to be guilty, his life should be worse than all the Americans he screwed out of what should have been theirs. If he is guilty his family should be living out of garbage cans.

Level 1

Since: Jan 09

california

#11 Dec 11, 2013
Agents of Corruption wrote:
2 Border Patrol agents sentenced to 24 months in prison
http://azstarnet.com/news/local/border/border...
Two Border Patrol agents, convicted in April of violating the civil rights of four drug smugglers, were sentenced to two years in prison on Tuesday.
Nothing new here, those of us who have lived on the border see the border patrol disregard personal/civil liberties of the illegals and Americans alike. Unfortunately this will be a great burden for their families to endure, the their actions humiliated four illegals and ruined families that depended on them to provide support.
Cecil Jones

Las Vegas, NV

#12 Dec 12, 2013
Hey Spud, you say my brother was "only indicted." Do you know what it's like to do 90 days in solitary? Where does the man go to get his integrity and job back? How long does a family support you not knowing if the indictment will stick? Have you had all your dirty laundry spilled over the front pages? My brother has paid a high price for these allegations. As for his family living out of garbage cans, have you seen some of the food good people throw away? It might not be a bad idea to do a little dumpster diving and recycling?
spud

Blakeslee, PA

#13 Dec 12, 2013
Cecil Jones wrote:
Hey Spud, you say my brother was "only indicted." Do you know what it's like to do 90 days in solitary? Where does the man go to get his integrity and job back? How long does a family support you not knowing if the indictment will stick? Have you had all your dirty laundry spilled over the front pages? My brother has paid a high price for these allegations. As for his family living out of garbage cans, have you seen some of the food good people throw away? It might not be a bad idea to do a little dumpster diving and recycling?
What can I say. Good luck. I hope justice is served and if your brother is innocent, I hope he can get compensation for the wrong that has been done to him.
Cecil Jones

Las Vegas, NV

#14 Dec 17, 2013
It's the third day of deliberations and I think we have a hung jury. Why? What's holding up the decision? This is a statute of limitations case. The jury was instructed "If guilty, you must show where law was violated beyond 2005." It is impossible to do so. The government's case was all speculation. If members of the jury want to vote guilty, they must show proof and they cannot. They could be refusing to change vote for whatever reason, but per the instructions...they must. This case was more about speculation and gift giving than actual evidence. End this case with a not guilty and let my brother get on with his pathetic life. Where do you go for redemption after you've been torn down so much?
jackson

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Dec 18, 2013
Cecil Jones wrote:
It's the third day of deliberations and I think we have a hung jury. Why? What's holding up the decision? This is a statute of limitations case. The jury was instructed "If guilty, you must show where law was violated beyond 2005." It is impossible to do so. The government's case was all speculation. If members of the jury want to vote guilty, they must show proof and they cannot. They could be refusing to change vote for whatever reason, but per the instructions...they must. This case was more about speculation and gift giving than actual evidence. End this case with a not guilty and let my brother get on with his pathetic life. Where do you go for redemption after you've been torn down so much?
so where is your brother now guilty not guilty ???
Cecil Jones

Las Vegas, NV

#16 Dec 18, 2013
My brother is locked away in a hotel room waiting for this jury to reach a decision or hopelessly admit they are hung. Obviously, they have reached a point where hard heads are trying to prevail. Stronger personalities can often bully others into seeing things their way, but in this case the tie goes to my brother. The government is speculating about crimes they think happened with no proof asking a jury to believe a well told story. The judge has instructed them to rely on proof. In the mean time, my brother sits locked in a hotel 10 minutes away. I can only pray the jury does the right thing or the judge does.
jackson

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Dec 19, 2013
Cecil Jones wrote:
My brother is locked away in a hotel room waiting for this jury to reach a decision or hopelessly admit they are hung. Obviously, they have reached a point where hard heads are trying to prevail. Stronger personalities can often bully others into seeing things their way, but in this case the tie goes to my brother. The government is speculating about crimes they think happened with no proof asking a jury to believe a well told story. The judge has instructed them to rely on proof. In the mean time, my brother sits locked in a hotel 10 minutes away. I can only pray the jury does the right thing or the judge does.
keep is posted
lrd

San Diego, CA

#18 Dec 20, 2013
The verdict is in, guilty of conspiring to smuggle drugs and aliens into the U.S. and attempted marijuana importation. Not guilty of bribery.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/dec/19/jo...
jackson

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Dec 20, 2013
They should throw the wife leonor in prison to she was his down fall and more corrupt than hammer
Cecil Jones

Las Vegas, NV

#20 Dec 20, 2013
Hold the bus here fellows. This case has now gone from ridiculous to down right hilarious. It's the case of "The Invisible Drugs." Border Patrol now tracks drugs permitted to get through. No agent is safe. They can claim my bro is responsible for umteen million kilos and throw him in jail for life without any evidence. Not one drug seized. No sting operation. No money collected. No money found. This is absolutely hilarious if it weren't my bro's life we are talking about. Invisible drugs? How many will the jury speculate got by? What Border Patrol agent is next in this witch hunt? Case dismissed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 8 min D Valens 145,727
News Obama in Berlin: 'We Can't Hide Behind a Wall' 37 min Wildchild 53
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? 1 hr Maverick 808 5,464
News Ann Coulter's Anti-Semitism Runs Deep (May '16) 3 hr Katrina 79
News Trump calls to cut off tax breaks for illegal i... 4 hr Soros King Maker 17
News Rethink the wall - The new face of illegal immi... 5 hr Wildchild 4
News Illegal Alien Pedophile on the Run from Mexican... (Nov '13) 7 hr JobTrusses 27
More from around the web