'Gang of Eight' Senators: Immigration Reform Hanging by a Thread

May 8, 2014 Full story: News Max 44

The chances of President Barack Obama signing a major immigration reform bill grow dimmer by the day.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Level 5

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#1 May 8, 2014
where's the logic of mandating an amnesty that would grant an "UNLIMITED" number of foreigners who are in the usa ILLEGALLY citizenship?

ESPECIALLY when there is double digit unemployment?

there is no logic to it.
wild child

South Ozone Park, NY

#2 May 8, 2014
Cut the thread, not going to happen period.well with benghazi and the irs.I think syria killed it last time.anyway life is good.benghazi is gonna last for months .
Mike hicks

Lacon, IL

#3 May 8, 2014
No way
Microhard Clowns

Noblesville, IN

#4 May 8, 2014
Asian Guy wrote:
where's the logic of mandating an amnesty that would grant an "UNLIMITED" number of foreigners who are in the usa ILLEGALLY citizenship?
there is no logic to it.
what do U know about Logic? here dis Mayflower will helping U: Log i c!! ;-00h, what do U c now?!! ;-00h, keep up with T o p i x ;)
Debts Owner

Noblesville, IN

#5 May 8, 2014
wild child wrote:
Cut the thread, not going to happen period.well with benghazi and the irs.I think syria killed it last time.anyway life is good.benghazi is gonna last for months .
Maxwelll House saying wewewewewewewew!! ;-00
NtiveJ

Atlanta, GA

#10 May 8, 2014
Since immigration reform is dead,
let's try enforcement instead!:)
Mike

Covina, CA

#11 May 8, 2014
Help stop ANOTHER Amnesty (Both legalization and path to citizenship are Amnesties):

FIGHT BACK..........JOIN NUMBERSUSA.......... an organization credited with defeating amnesty immigration bills in 2007 and 2010. It's easy to sign up, free, respects your privacy (No spam), takes little time and is very effective. Numbersusa is a grassroot organization who lobbies in Washington D.C. AGAINST illegal immigration and they will show what YOU can do to help. Be sure to sign up for their e-mails that will let you know when the latest bills dealing with illegal immigration are being introduced. They have sample letters you can fax to your reps for free or you can write your own letters and fax them for free on pending immigration bills. Support Numbersusa! The New York Times and other mass media have repeatedly stated that NumbersUSA's mobilization network led the efforts that defeated the close-call amnesty efforts of 2007 and 2010.

http://www.numbersusa.com
greg

Savannah, TN

#12 May 8, 2014
Asian Guy wrote:
there is no logic to it.
Are you implying that you think there is anything logical about the kindergarten known as congress?
greg

Savannah, TN

#13 May 8, 2014
We don't need reform, we need enforcement of what we have now, but King Obama and Jester Holder don't think they need to enforce any laws they don't agree with.
Mike

Covina, CA

#14 May 8, 2014
WHAT IS INSANITY?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Congress has passed 7 amnesties for illegal aliens, starting in 1986.

1. Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA), 1986: A blanket amnesty for some 2.7 million illegal aliens
2. Section 245(i) Amnesty, 1994: A temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens
3. Section 245(i) Extension Amnesty, 1997: An extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994
4. Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty, 1997: An amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America
5. Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA), 1998: An amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti
6. Late Amnesty, 2000: An amnesty for some illegal aliens who claim they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty, an estimated 400,000 illegal aliens
7. LIFE Act Amnesty, 2000: A reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty, an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens.
Mike

Covina, CA

#16 May 8, 2014
NtiveJ wrote:
Since immigration reform is dead,
let's try enforcement instead!:)
It's not dead. Don't be so sure. There's things going on behind the scenes that you don't know about.
NYork dude

Los Angeles, CA

#17 May 8, 2014
Start enforcing the law, by deporting all illegal immigrants on welfare, 7 out 10 of them receive welfare in California by committing fraud.
Usually illegal women claim that 'was abandoned" by her spouse when her child was born, while they still live together
Chessgal

Bainbridge Island, WA

#18 May 8, 2014
Secure our borders. Deport illegals. Get back our money too.
Flash001USA

Moore, SC

#19 May 8, 2014
I joined Numbers USA about 6 months ago and this organization is for real.
Flash001USA

Moore, SC

#20 May 8, 2014
The story headline says: "'Gang of Eight' Senators: Immigration Reform Hanging by a Thread" If I had my way they would be hanging by a hemp rope.
dohmi

Toms River, NJ

#21 May 8, 2014
[The Gang of TRAITORS.THEY SHOJL BE TRIED AS TRAITORS OF THIS COUNTRY!
TheTruth

Mountain View, CA

#22 May 9, 2014
Microhard Clowns wrote:
<quoted text>
what do U know about Logic? here dis Mayflower will helping U: Log i c!! ;-00h, what do U c now?!! ;-00h, keep up with T o p i x ;)
Why do you pro illegals always bring up some old irrelevant event? Yesterdays United States is not the same as it is today, today we have over 300 million people and a high unemployment rate, we have companies already outsourcing our jobs to a third world country where a worker will work for $2.00 a day no benefits and 12-14 hours a day.
If there are no jobs for american residents or citizens, then where are we going to fit illegals? Politicians and these tree hugging pro illegal immigrant groups keep beating a dead horse but fail to even realize the big picture, the illegal part.
Just because people came here on a boat ions without any control does not mean it can keep happening now a days, do you actually think that letting everyone in just to be a good human being is going to help us here in this country?
Lets look at what uncontrolled immigration has done for a lot of European countries, take a look, go ahead go Google it. The fact is that when we want to control immigration especially from latin countries, we're accused of racism but the majority of illegal immigrants come from Latin American countries, we're not going to blame Australians for what tons of illegal Latin Americans do.
What kills me the most is that these people come here ILLEGAL, they DEMAND that we give them everything from healthcare to driver licenses and if we don't then we're racist, we're bad, and they start protesting as if it's bad that we enforce our laws. We have to stop being sissies with this immigration topic and start deporting those that break our laws.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#23 May 9, 2014
I hope the rope gets tighter.
A_Nobody

South Jordan, UT

#24 May 9, 2014
And so should the "gang of eight" be hanging by a thread.
wild child

South Ozone Park, NY

#25 May 9, 2014
Dead, bye

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GOP Leaders Allow Obama's Amnesty 18 min Who Guessed It 27
Catholic bishops push (again) on immigration re... (May '14) 26 min wild child 12
Scott Walker reverses immigration stance 30 min swedenforever 101
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 47 min johnny belinda 137,638
Catholic Charities Flooded with Young Illegal I... (Jun '14) 3 hr tomin cali 55
Boehner, Back in DC, Denies Mocking GOP Colleag... (Apr '14) 4 hr swedenforever 17
Suspended Attorney-turned-Rabbi Admits Making M... (Apr '12) 4 hr swedenforever 4
More from around the web