New TIME Magazine Cover Story On Illegal Immigrants: 'We Are Americansa Just Not Legally'

Full story: Mediaite.com 265
In what is sure to upset those who favor stricter immigration controls, this week's cover of TIME magazine features the images of undocumented immigrant men and women from around the world, with the headline "We Are Americans*, subtitled "*Just not legally". Journalist Jose Antonio Vargas , who famously came out last year as an undocumented ... (more) Full Story
First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Detect Detain Deportation

Omaha, NE

#1 Jun 14, 2012
What's Time Magazine's sales these days 200 all sent to D.C.?
Anonymous

Boise, ID

#2 Jun 14, 2012
Suggested future stories for Time magazine.

An article on shoplifting: "We are Customers! Just not legally."
A profile of Bernie Madoff: "I am an Investment Adviser! Just not legally."
A feature on rapists: "I am your Lover! Just not legally."
A cover story on kidnappers: "We are your Neighborhood Baby-Sitters! Just not legally."
I'm not a burglar to your home, I'm just an undocumented home owner.
I'm not stealing your car, I'm just an undocumented title owner to your car.
I'm not stealing from your store, I'm just an undocumented owner of your store and its inventory.
I'm not kidnapping your child, I'm just an undocumented parent to your child.

This is fun!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3 Jun 14, 2012
the system on immigration is not broke it is not being enforced as written!

we have folks who took an oath,we have folks who get paid with tax dollars to stop prevent and remove illegal aliens.

then we have others who have taken an oath to uphold the constitution and neglect their sworn duties which is adding to the problem of illegal aliens being able to come out like this unafraid and untouched even though folks get paid to do so.
the immigration system is not broken the enforcers are broken and

“Press 2 for Deportation.”

Since: Apr 09

Star, ID

#4 Jun 14, 2012
"We are Americans, just not legally." Oh, how quaint.

What part of "breaking the law" makes you American?

Star, ID

#5 Jun 14, 2012
Detect Detain Deportation wrote:
What's Time Magazine's sales these days 200 all sent to D.C.?
Dunno. Since I cancelled my subscription in 2008, I don't have a clue. When I cancelled my subscription, I wrote "I'm cancelling because you are too liberal" across my bill.
Quirky one brain cell

Anaheim, CA

#6 Jun 14, 2012
FedUpWithIllegals wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunno. Since I cancelled my subscription in 2008, I don't have a clue. When I cancelled my subscription, I wrote "I'm cancelling because you are too liberal" across my bill.
Who gives a chit?

Star, ID

#7 Jun 14, 2012
Very pathetic that Vargas is fighting so hard to be a citizen of a country he lied to...again and again and again. He doesn't fit the current standards of a good, moral immigrant applicant, does he?

Star, ID

#8 Jun 14, 2012
Journalist Jose Antonio Vargas can't accept the fact that his life is all a sham BECAUSE his parents screwed up. He prefers to blame the US Gvt rather than his own parents.

Hey Jose, here's a reality check: Your parents screwed you, not us. The USA didn't force your parents to overstay their visas. Your parents did that on their own. It was their choice.

PLEASE don't pretend to be the poster boy of illegal immigration, because your story is EXACTLY THE REASON WHY OUR COUNTRY IS IN THIS MESS.

The more you keep talking, the more you alienate Americans. So keep talking, Jose. You are proof-positive of how easily an illegal alien can live in America without any repercussions. The more you talk, the more Americans will call Congress to tighten our immigrations policies. YOUR BIG FAT LIE OF A LIFE IS PROOF-POSITIVE WHY AMERICA SHOULD TIGHTEN UP ITS IMMIGRATION POLICY. Thanks, Jose!

Level 5

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#9 Jun 14, 2012
FedUpWithIllegals wrote:
Journalist Jose Antonio Vargas can't accept the fact that his life is all a sham BECAUSE his parents screwed up. He prefers to blame the US Gvt rather than his own parents.
Hey Jose, here's a reality check: Your parents screwed you, not us. The USA didn't force your parents to overstay their visas. Your parents did that on their own. It was their choice.
PLEASE don't pretend to be the poster boy of illegal immigration, because your story is EXACTLY THE REASON WHY OUR COUNTRY IS IN THIS MESS.
The more you keep talking, the more you alienate Americans. So keep talking, Jose. You are proof-positive of how easily an illegal alien can live in America without any repercussions. The more you talk, the more Americans will call Congress to tighten our immigrations policies. YOUR BIG FAT LIE OF A LIFE IS PROOF-POSITIVE WHY AMERICA SHOULD TIGHTEN UP ITS IMMIGRATION POLICY. Thanks, Jose!
There you are, you old dog!

They sure were right when they said, "In what is sure to upset those who favor stricter immigration controls"

LOLOLOLOL

Star, ID

#10 Jun 14, 2012
It's pathetic how low Time will go to get people to buy it. Giving voice to federal lawbreakers seems to be the only way it can get readership. That's pretty pathetic and desperate, IMHO.

Time is so desperate for readership that it is willing to lower itself to a rag mag, hearsay and all. I suggest that all budding journalists employed by Time abandon ship and find jobs in reputable publishers, who are more interested in finding out the truth than promoting their editor's agenda.

Star, ID

#11 Jun 14, 2012
Freedomx4 wrote:
<quoted text>There you are, you old dog!
They sure were right when they said, "In what is sure to upset those who favor stricter immigration controls"
LOLOLOLOL
You say you are "American"; that's why it boogles me that you more interested in protecting the rights of illegal aliens than of Americans.

Star, ID

#12 Jun 14, 2012
Freedomx4 wrote:
LOLOLOLOL
"There you are, you old dog!"

What, have you missed me? Now why is that?

Star, ID

#13 Jun 14, 2012
Freedomx4 wrote:
LOLOLOLOL
Btw, I remember you. You had an ape avatar before, right? A pic of yourself or your immdeiate relatives, right?

Star, ID

#14 Jun 14, 2012
Freedomx4 wrote:
LOLOLOLOL
Weren't you one of those posters who aggravated everyone with your over-the-top opinions? Weren't you one of those posters who got more negative Judge-Its than Obama in the latest ABC/Washington Post poll?

Star, ID

#15 Jun 14, 2012
Freedomx4 wrote:
LOLOLOLOL
You can rant and rave all you want, but you can't change the opinion of over 50% of Americans, i.e., illegal aliens must go. Or have you found the antidote to commonsense; which if you have, PLEASE SHARE IT WITH US. Please educate us on how illegal immigration is a benefit to America.

Waiting breathlessly for your response....

Star, ID

#16 Jun 14, 2012
Freedomx4 wrote:
LOLOLOLOL
I am begging you here. Tell us how illegal immigration has benefited America? Give us the facts and the stats to back your facts up. That's all I'm asking.
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#17 Jun 14, 2012
Given the proclivities of these supposedly mainstream magazines in pushing deviance, dope, depravity and killing the unborn, maybe they should Photoshop an Uncle Sam with huge milk laden breasts having a bunch of anchor babies and their parents scrambling for some Chinese labeled lactose.

Level 5

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#18 Jun 14, 2012
FedUpWithIllegals wrote:
<quoted text>
You can rant and rave all you want, but you can't change the opinion of over 50% of Americans, i.e., illegal aliens must go. Or have you found the antidote to commonsense; which if you have, PLEASE SHARE IT WITH US. Please educate us on how illegal immigration is a benefit to America.
Replying twice to a post is a sign that the poster has gotten under your skin. What does it mean if you reply SIX times to the same post???

LOLOLOLOLOL

Nobody cares about the judge-its other than you.

Star, ID

#19 Jun 14, 2012
FedUpWithIllegals wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I thought...nothing from your camp.

Now why is that? Have you ever considered the fact that illegal immigration is wrong for the citizens of a country? Of course not. People like you aren't interested in the welfare of a country. All you're interested in is getting your relatives a Green Card.

AM I RIGHT?

Star, ID

#20 Jun 14, 2012
Freedomx4 wrote:
<quoted text>Replying twice to a post is a sign that the poster has gotten under your skin. What does it mean if you reply SIX times to the same post???
LOLOLOLOLOL
Nobody cares about the judge-its other than you.
Why can't you stick to debating the topic at hand? Why must you always try to make it personal?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ted Cruz's moves on spending bill roil Republicans 37 min Guess Who 55
Parties assess variables looking at 2016 map 1 hr Guess Who 29
Illegal immigrant mother seeks refuge in Philad... 1 hr Memo From Turner 18
Congress can block use of fees for immigration ... 1 hr barefoot2626 311
Democrats optimistic on 2016 presidential chances 2 hr Your Ex 5
Judge Skeptical of Sheriff Arpaio's Obama Immig... 3 hr spud 66
Can the GOP shatter the 'Obama coalition' in 2016? 4 hr Dee Dee Dee 1
More from around the web