Michelle Malkin: Illegal immigrant 't...

Michelle Malkin: Illegal immigrant 'thugs' destroy American Dream

There are 318 comments on the Poughkeepsie Journal story from Aug 17, 2013, titled Michelle Malkin: Illegal immigrant 'thugs' destroy American Dream. In it, Poughkeepsie Journal reports that:

But who pays the price when our public guardians fail to secure our borders, refuse to deport serial criminal offenders and enable drug-crazed menaces to prey upon innocent citizens? Meet 27-year-old Julio Miguel Blanco-Garcia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Poughkeepsie Journal.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#189 Nov 2, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>The Border patrol union will tell you they get orders from on high that says "Look the other way".
BTW, I'm skeptical of this.

Sending an order to tell a government worker to sit around doing nothing is kind like sending an order to tell the sun to rise. In both cases, the order is hardly necessary.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#190 Nov 2, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you silly, naive fool.
No one hires illegals here in South Texas.
We all hire contractors (often white guys, sometimes Hispanic Americans) who are citizens and speak perfect English. Then THEY hire the crew, which may or may not be "illegal." Hell, most of them probably are. I don't know, and I don't care.
Here's the beauty of it, I'm doing NOTHING ILLEGAL. As a homeowner, I am NOT legally required to ascertain the residency status of even the contractor that I actually hire (though I suspect they are nearly 100% American), let alone the crew HE HIRES.
See, I don't hire Pedro Gutierrez the tree trimmer, who may or may not be legal, I hire Bob Smith, the all American white guy contractor. Bob Smith hires the crew (who are probably all Hispanic and may or may not be legal). I have no legal requirement to ascertain the immigration status of the crew (actually, I don't even have to know if Bob Smith is legal or not). My only obligation is to turn in Bob, or the crew, if I KNOW they are illegal- and with the "don't ask, don't tell" system, as it works here hundreds of thousands of times every day, I HAVE NO IDEA, NOR AM I OBLIGATED TO FIND OUT, if they are illegal.
That's how business gets done here in the Southwestern USA, every day. The only one at risk is the white guy American (Bob Smith)- but you, me, and Bob all know he has a better chance of winning the lottery Power Ball than getting caught, and even if he gets caught, the first offense "penalty" is a minor fine. So Bob, and Ted, and Billy Joe, and Bubba and a million other American white guys staff up their crews with illegals, and no one around here really gives a damn.
Not quite, twistie. It is in FACT >you< that is the "silly, naive fool." For >you< KNOWINGLY hire the contractor that VIOLATES THE LAW by using illegal immigrants for labor. Thus, >you< are COMPLICIT in engaging in the ONGOING CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE. And are AIDING AND ABETTING in the TREASONOUS ACT.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#191 Nov 2, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't work. Even if they get desperate, you will never get a fat, soft, coddled American who has spend his life on the dole, to do HALF the work a Mexican will do. I doubt most of them would last a day (Hell, most would be gone by lunch time) if you put them in a field. This was actually tried in Georgia a couple of years ago when they got rid of a bunch of illegals, replaced them with welfare riff raff, and found that the welfare types were utterly useless.
The farmers, of course, wanted the Mexicans back- I can't blame them. I wouldn't hire a shiftless, lazy POS just because he's an "American" when I can get a Mexican who is a hard working and competent to do the job for the same price.
And BTW, the myth of the "lazy Mexican" is just that, a myth. I used to believe it (when I was growing up in the North, I always heard about "lazy Mexicans"). But when I got to Texas, I learned the "lazy Mexican" bit was utter bull shit. These SOBs are damned good workers. They show up early, work all day, and stay late. A crew of Mexicans can tile my floor in a day- they've got nowhere to go, and will stay until the job is done. Even a good American crew (who will take longer breaks and work only 8-10 hours) will work well into the second day.
Just my personal experience, I can't say it's always true. But I hire a lot of people to work at my house and my rental properties, and I gotta tell 'ya, this white boy prefers Mexicans (legal, illegal, or whatever), at least for the basic stuff (landscaping, masonry, carpentry etc), though I prefer to hire Americans for the more complex stuff like electrical, heating/AC, and plumbing). I've never had a bad experience yet- even if they do screw up, they will stay late and fix it.
"Need there be any further evidence submitted?"

This clown openly admits he knowingly takes part in an ongoing criminal enterprise. That is, conspiracy to commit treason.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#192 Nov 2, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
The point, which you have so conveniently ignored, Mr. Constitutional scholar, is that the US Constitution placed no limits on immigration, nor did it place any limits on interactions between US citizens and citizens of other nations.
Any law regarding immigration passed by Congress pursuant to the Constitution that gives the Federal government additional powers, must be backed by a Constitutional amendment. There have been no Constitutional amendments on immigration.
Hence, any assumption of additional powers regarding immigration by the Federal government, sans amendment, is an illegal usurpation of power by Congress/Federal government, and, hence, utter bull crap.
Unless you can show me where the Constitution gives Congress the right to limit interaction of American citizens with non citizens, or where the Constitution limits immigration, I will respectfully point out that you are promoting "rule of law" which is not Constitutional.
I may be wrong though, so if you could just cite the article and paragraph in the US Constitution that says that, for example, Mexicans from Nuevo Laredo can't cross the river and pick onions for Americans in Laredo, TX, I'd be deeply in your debt. I've read the US Constitution a number of times, but never came across anything that said immigration was limited.
List of United States immigration laws
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_S...

Take a hike, traitor.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#193 Nov 2, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, I disobey stupid laws every day.
I've been known to jaywalk (I doubt you you can find me one American who has never committed that "crime").
I drive over the speed limit (as does every other American under the age of 95).
It's been a while, but I'll bet I've spit on the sidewalk at some point (and you probably have, too, unless you are a really anal d-bag).
Oh yeah, I've probably hired illegals, too (unknowingly, of course). As have the vast majority of Americans in the Southwest.
Yup, it's all over for the USA, the Vandals and Visigoths are at the gates, because I hired a guy to trim my hedges who may not have been a citizen.
Your comparison to the end of Rome is 100% correct.
The end of the Republic is nigh!
The sky is falling.
Batten down the hatches.
Pray to your God or Gods for salvation.
Run for the Hills!
Hide the women and children, because we all know what those Visigoths will do to pure, white, American womanhood!
Well, that's one possible scenario.
The other is that I just hired a (possibly) illegal guy to trim my hedges, the Republic will not collapse, and 2ndAmRight is an historically inaccurate, hysterical ninny.
I'll have to consider both possibilities...
BTW, I was going to address about how utterly absurd your "at other people's expense" comment was, but I thought this response was more fun.
If you want, I can go on a rant about that comment as well. Just let me know. Happy to do it.
Can see why the traitor keeps his/her/its location hidden.
Level 3

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#194 Nov 2, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
If so, it's a long standing order, because this was long before Obama came into office.
This predated Obama.
Level 3

Allentown, PA

#195 Nov 2, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, I'm skeptical of this.
Sending an order to tell a government worker to sit around doing nothing is kind like sending an order to tell the sun to rise. In both cases, the order is hardly necessary.
The order wasn't to sit down and do nothing, it was "to look the other way" unless a major crime was being committed.
Your experience IS NOT the sum total of all experience.
Level 3

Allentown, PA

#196 Nov 2, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
The farmers, of course, wanted the Mexicans back- I can't blame them. I wouldn't hire a shiftless, lazy POS just because he's an "American" when I can get a Mexican who is a hard working and competent to do the job for the same price.
Of your Mexican is an illegal, chances are he's not paying tax. if he's not paying tax, that means people like me have to make up for your bargain.
He may then send his money back to Mexico, taking money out of the US economy and his family then sending it off to China.
Your Mexican bargain may not be a bargain for the rest of us.

Location hidden

#197 Nov 2, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite, twistie. It is in FACT >you< that is the "silly, naive fool." For >you< KNOWINGLY hire the contractor that VIOLATES THE LAW by using illegal immigrants for labor. Thus, >you< are COMPLICIT in engaging in the ONGOING CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE. And are AIDING AND ABETTING in the TREASONOUS ACT.
I already knew you weren't well educated. Now I know you can't read as well.

I CLEARLY said, I HIRE AN AMERICAN CONTRACTOR, who then goes out and hires a crew. I do not ask him if his crew is "legal" (because I'm not required to by law), nor do they generally volunteer that information. Whether I suspect the workers are illegal, or not, is irrelevant.

Hence, I have done nothing illegal (that's the beauty of the system).

You may be stupid, and your low brow friends may be impressed by your ignorant, poorly thought out arguments.

I am not.

And good luck with that ridiculous treason bit, too, Skippy, given that even if someone does violate the law (which I clearly did NOT do), it's a MISDEMEANOR- basically, a slap on the wrist and a small fine, not "treason."

How the Hell do we let people like you graduate from High School?

Er, assuming you did graduate. I'm probably being a bit bold with that assumption.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#198 Nov 2, 2013
Look at IR News. Has anyone watched the video in the "Can It Get Any Worse For Obama?. It's interesting.

Location hidden

#199 Nov 2, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
List of United States immigration laws
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_S...
Take a hike, traitor.
Rather than provide a link to a laundry list of old laws, why not actually read them, then come back and try and make an intelligent point?

I get it, you aren't the intellectual type, but give it a shot.

Go on, bright boy, tell me which immigration law says I can't hire an AMERICAN contractor. Then tell me which law states that I, as a homeowner, must ascertain the immigration status of every guy on the landscaping crew.

When you are done spinning your wheels, smack yourself in the head for being stupid, and thank me for helping to educate you.

Then come back and apologize.

Take your time, read each word carefully and sound it out. Have your mommy help you with the big words (e.g. 2 syllables or more).

It's one thing for a Mexican onion picker to be ignorant and unable to comprehend English. It's embarrassing when I see it in an American.

Though now I understand why you probably lost your job to an uneducated Mexican immigrant who doesn't speak English.

Location hidden

#200 Nov 2, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Can see why the traitor keeps his/her/its location hidden.
San Antonio, Texas, genius. Though I don't see how that tid bit of knowledge is going to help you learn to comprehend English.
Or is English a second language for you?

Location hidden

#202 Nov 2, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
Of your Mexican is an illegal, chances are he's not paying tax. if he's not paying tax, that means people like me have to make up for your bargain.
He may then send his money back to Mexico, taking money out of the US economy and his family then sending it off to China.
Your Mexican bargain may not be a bargain for the rest of us.
Sounds like a good reason to come up with a responsible immigration/guest worker policy, where Americans and American companies can get the workers they need, and do it above board (with taxes, etc).
Level 3

Allentown, PA

#203 Nov 2, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a good reason to come up with a responsible immigration/guest worker policy, where Americans and American companies can get the workers they need, and do it above board (with taxes, etc).
Until then, that may the rest of us subsidizing you.
Level 3

Allentown, PA

#204 Nov 2, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Come to think of it... if you may be hiring illegals, that may give you a form of welfare from other US taxpayers.

Location hidden

#205 Nov 2, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
Come to think of it... if you may be hiring illegals, that may give you a form of welfare from other US taxpayers.
This is not a problem, since I don't hire illegals. I hire an American contractor, who then goes out and hires a crew.

So I'm not doing anything more than provide business to a small American business. If any illegals are hired by that business to do the job, it's on him, not me.

This is what I was trying to get the other guy to see. The homeowner isn't hiring "illegals," he's hiring Joe Bob's Lawn Services.

Hence, the homeowner violates no law. It's a beautiful system that works well here in south Texas.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#206 Nov 2, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
I already knew you weren't well educated. Now I know you can't read as well.
I CLEARLY said, I HIRE AN AMERICAN CONTRACTOR, who then goes out and hires a crew. I do not ask him if his crew is "legal" (because I'm not required to by law), nor do they generally volunteer that information. Whether I suspect the workers are illegal, or not, is irrelevant.
Hence, I have done nothing illegal (that's the beauty of the system).
You may be stupid, and your low brow friends may be impressed by your ignorant, poorly thought out arguments.
I am not.
And good luck with that ridiculous treason bit, too, Skippy, given that even if someone does violate the law (which I clearly did NOT do), it's a MISDEMEANOR- basically, a slap on the wrist and a small fine, not "treason."
How the Hell do we let people like you graduate from High School?
Er, assuming you did graduate. I'm probably being a bit bold with that assumption.
"Not quite, twistie. It is in FACT >you< that is the "silly, naive fool." For >you< KNOWINGLY hire the contractor that VIOLATES THE LAW by using illegal immigrants for labor. Thus, >you< are COMPLICIT in engaging in the ONGOING CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE. And are AIDING AND ABETTING in the TREASONOUS ACT."
Level 3

Allentown, PA

#207 Nov 2, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not a problem, since I don't hire illegals. I hire an American contractor, who then goes out and hires a crew.
So I'm not doing anything more than provide business to a small American business. If any illegals are hired by that business to do the job, it's on him, not me.
This is what I was trying to get the other guy to see. The homeowner isn't hiring "illegals," he's hiring Joe Bob's Lawn Services.
Hence, the homeowner violates no law. It's a beautiful system that works well here in south Texas.
You can specify no illegals.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#208 Nov 2, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
The charge of accessory can be brought against anyone who helps someone else commit a crime, either before the crime takes place or afterward. If you know someone who is planning to commit a crime and you do anything to help - plan the crime, loan them money or tools, or even just give advice - you can be charged with accessory before the fact.

Likewise, if you know someone who has already committed a crime and you do anything to help - such as give them a place to hide or help them destroy evidence - you can be charged with accessory after the fact.

Even if you were not present when the crime was actually committed and did not take part in the crime itself, you can face stiff penalties if you do anything to help the person who did do the crime. In some states, you can be charged as an accessory even if you did nothing to help the person who committed the crime, but you knew about the crime and did not report it to the authorities.

In most jurisdictions, the penalties for being an accessory is less than being the person who actually commits the crime, but in some jurisdictions an accessory can receive the same punishment as the primary criminal.
Level 3

Allentown, PA

#209 Nov 2, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
Until then, that may the rest of us subsidizing you.
Oops- Bad edit...
Until then, the rest of us maybe subsidizing you.
I wish Topix had an edit feature.
My basic point about all this is, if Americans understood economics or bothered to understand economics better, our nation would not be in the sad shape it is in now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 2 hr Sharrp Shooter 10,906
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 2 hr Quirky 147,661
News Three Children Among 25 Undocumented Immigrants... 3 hr Geezer 25
Is George a lonley troll who needs a man? 3 hr Quirky 19
News Here's My Dream: Deport the Illegal Alien "Nigh... 6 hr Not My President 2
News Longmont City Council to consider DACA support ... 6 hr Mo Betta 1
News Dem Rep Who Compared Illegal Immigrants To Holo... 6 hr Fed Up in North C... 1
Should Katrina be banned? 10 hr Katrina 230
More from around the web