Michelle Malkin: Illegal immigrant 't...

Michelle Malkin: Illegal immigrant 'thugs' destroy American Dream

There are 318 comments on the Poughkeepsie Journal story from Aug 17, 2013, titled Michelle Malkin: Illegal immigrant 'thugs' destroy American Dream. In it, Poughkeepsie Journal reports that:

But who pays the price when our public guardians fail to secure our borders, refuse to deport serial criminal offenders and enable drug-crazed menaces to prey upon innocent citizens? Meet 27-year-old Julio Miguel Blanco-Garcia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Poughkeepsie Journal.

Civician

Dixon, CA

#128 Nov 1, 2013
ronnie wrote:
<quoted text>Every city in this Nation has set up offices for penniless illegals to get free representation, and most immigration attorneys are funded by you dude. And me, Americans Tax Payer's. The Men that actually work. The illegals always sighting how hard they work. Come with me and watch them.....Try to get a days work out of one? Sorry. You must be smokin to much chit not too realize what's going on out here in real ville where intellectuals and educators theorize about the effect's of illegal immigration in this Country, While we out in the world see it for what it is. Copy and pasting isn't telling it like it is.
What are these 'extras' and 'freebies' illegals have been denied that required legal representation to obtain?

Getting Americans to do the work that illegals routinely perform is nearly impossible. Attempts have been made, but to no avail.

Excerpt from the Sacramento Bee editorial section, Oct. 29

“Because it’s too hard,” said Lupe Sandoval, executive director for the California Farm Labor Contractor Association.“They’re welcome to it, but they won’t. And when they try, they can’t.”

Case in point: In 2010, with unemployment in California at 12.5 percent, attempts to hire U.S. citizens failed dismally, an Associated Press investigation found. First, farmers here advertised in four states for 1,160 harvesting jobs across California, U.S. citizens only. Just 233 people applied.

Then, the UFW invited unemployed Americans to apply online for farming jobs. After 3 million Web hits and 8,600 applications, only seven pursued training and got hired. They all quit.

I don't smoke, so maybe it's something you do to cloud your thinking abilities and force you to resort to making up 'chit.'

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#129 Nov 2, 2013
PrinceofDarkness wrote:
<quoted text>
didn't see you complaining about the trillions wasted on IRaq,....
Then you haven't been listening. I have been saying FOR YEARS that we should have been out of Iraq (and Afghanistan!) years ago.

Level 1

Southeast Virginia

#130 Nov 2, 2013
Civician wrote:
<quoted text>
What are these 'extras' and 'freebies' illegals have been denied that required legal representation to obtain?
Getting Americans to do the work that illegals routinely perform is nearly impossible. Attempts have been made, but to no avail.
“Because it’s too hard,” said Lupe Sandoval, executive director for the California Farm Labor Contractor Association.“They’re welcome to it, but they won’t. And when they try, they can’t.”
Case in point: In 2010, with unemployment in California at 12.5 percent, attempts to hire U.S. citizens failed dismally, an Associated Press investigation found. First, farmers here advertised in four states for 1,160 harvesting jobs across California, U.S. citizens only. Just 233 people applied.
Then, the UFW invited unemployed Americans to apply online for farming jobs. After 3 million Web hits and 8,600 applications, only seven pursued training and got hired. They all quit.
I don't smoke, so maybe it's something you do to cloud your thinking abilities and force you to resort to making up 'chit.'
A good reason for the lack of willingness to work is that we have coddled our unemployed and undereducated to the point that if it pays the same for them to sit on their ass and get the same amount of money (or more) than going out and actually working for their $$$, they will choose to sit on their rump just about every time. They have been conditioned that the govt and the American tax payers OWES them something. In short, why work when welfare pays the same or more??? They have no incentive to go out and work for their money.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#131 Nov 2, 2013
Civician wrote:
<quoted text>
"Getting Americans to do the work that illegals routinely perform is nearly impossible."

According to WHOM? And, we ALREADY had the Guest Worker program which worked well FOR DECADES. Which was a LEGAL method for foreigners to come in and work, then return home. IF they wanted to stay, then they could start the ball rolling to become CITIZENS - LEGALLY.

I personally know people that have done it the RIGHT WAY. EXACTLY AS OUR FOREBEARS HAD TO DO WHEN THEY IMMIGRATED HERE - LEGALLY.

All that >you< perversely attempting to do is uphold the FRAUD being perpetrated against, not only We The People. But against those immigrating here as well. The ONLY ones truly benefiting from this CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY. Are the businesses making ILLEGAL PROFITS off the blood, sweat, and tears of the American people AND the immigrants.

That which >YOU< are perversely doing is BETRAYAL of We The People.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#132 Nov 2, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
A good reason for the lack of willingness to work is that we have coddled our unemployed and undereducated to the point that if it pays the same for them to sit on their ass and get the same amount of money (or more) than going out and actually working for their $$$, they will choose to sit on their rump just about every time. They have been conditioned that the govt and the American tax payers OWES them something. In short, why work when welfare pays the same or more??? They have no incentive to go out and work for their money.
And the worst thing about it, is that it was done by DESIGN.

Level 1

Southeast Virginia

#133 Nov 2, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
And the worst thing about it, is that it was done by DESIGN.
Yep. The more people on the public dole....the more control the govt has over its people.{spit}

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#134 Nov 2, 2013
Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
You're totally clueless and I think it is by choice. These greedy employers don't give a damn what language you speak they just want grunt labor at slave wages. Many blue-collared Americans who worked the construction industry before the flood of illegal alien labor were trained in their trade but the greedy builders didn't care about quality of work by trained American workers so they switched to cheap, illegal labor to increase their profits instead and you're ok with that? That is only one blue-collared type of job that illegal aliens swooped up. Since when should Americans have to compete with foreign labor here illegally? Illegal aliens have reduced wages in all blue-collared jobs.
I am retired so I don't need a job but I feel for the millions of my fellow Americans who have been replaced by cheap, illegal labor. Sorry that you don't give a damn and think that they should just roll over and hand their jobs to illegals and seek another job that perhaps they have no interest in doing. People like you make me sick. Either you have ethnic ties to these illegals or you are a dumb a**ed bleeding heart liberal.
No, I'm not "tied" to illegals (I'm as white as you can get- pasty white). Nor am I a "liberal"- I'm a libertarian conservative who votes either Libertarian or Republican.

But I don't have vehement hate for Mexican onion pickers the way you do.

What is the source of your hatred? You say you are too old to have a job, so what's your problem? Did some Mexican bang your wife in 1968 or something?

BTW, even in the lowest level jobs in the USA, it's a HUGE advantage to have been born in the USA and speak English. So anyone who "loses a job to an illegal" must be, and I don't mean to be harsh here, one Hell of a loser.

Anyone upset because he lost his/her job as a South Texas onion picker, or a Hotel maid, to an "illegal" should probably look in the mirror and think "what the HELL is wrong with me that I'm losing my job to an uneducated immigrant who doesn't speak English and just crossed the border 2 days ago. How much of a loser am I?"

My God, if you are that bad off, do something to improve yourself. Go to rehab, dry out, get your GED, then learn a skill! Don't blame Pedro for "stealing" your $4 per hour job.

Location hidden

#135 Nov 2, 2013
Jesus Malverde wrote:
The trick used by big corporations like Walmart is to hire an independent contractor for those jobs require physical labor, like cleaning, construction, etc. The contractor then turns around and either directly or indirectly hire another sub who then hires illegal labors. The corporation then pleads ignorant if they are called on it.
Which is also pretty much the way business gets done along the border with private citizens, too.

A citizen, such as myself, needs to get his oak trees trimmed. He hires a contractor, usually a Gringo (that's "white guy" for those of you living in white America), who then hires a crew who may or may not be citizens.

I actually had my trees trimmed last week. I hired a "white American guy" contractor. When the crew showed up, most of them spoke little or no English, except the supervisor who spoke passable English.

Were the crew members illegal? HOW THE HELL SHOULD I KNOW? I don't know, I'm not legally required to know (that's the Gringo contractor's problem), and frankly, I don't give a damn- as long as they do the job right, do it on time, and do it on budget.

BTW, they did a great job and finished 2 hours earlier than I expected. I'll hire them again in a couple of years when the trees need another trimming.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#136 Nov 2, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. The more people on the public dole....the more control the govt has over its people.{spit}
Precisely. It's the old bread and circus routine. If they could get away with it. You can bet that there would be a return of gladitorial 'games' as well.(Which they ARE doing down in Mexico).

Location hidden

#137 Nov 2, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems you have difficulty understanding the meaning of the word "illegals". In addition to not having a comprehension that our illegitimate government isn't doing it's Constitutionally charged DUTY. And you rail on people that INSIST upon our hired servants doing the job they swore a solemn oath to do?
Your priorities/agenda is most questionable indeed. Am thinking that "libertarian" doesn't quite fit the character you portray. At least not in the TRUE sense of the word....
Okay, I'll bite.

Tell me, Mr. Wanna Be Constitutional scholar, where does the Constitution say that American citizens can't hire anyone they damned well please to trim their hedges?

Before you answer, let me remind you that when the Constitution was written, the USA didn't ban immigrants. In fact, we were begging for them to come here. In 1790, I could hire anyone I wanted, from any country, with NO INTERFERENCE FROM THE GOVERNMENT.

Let me instruct you a bit on libertarian thought. "Libertarian" does not mean "right wing nationalist racist hater." Libertarians support the right of all people to peacefully and willfully enter into business negotiations with other people, REGARDLESS of the place of birth. That means Americans are free to hire Americans, Germans, Mexicans, French, Congolese, or whatever, without asking for "their papers" as long as both parties agree to the job and the price.

Location hidden

#138 Nov 2, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the good news is that many are starting to go BACK across the border. They found out the "American Dream" has become a corrupt nightmare. They were lied to to entice them across. Just as our corrupt hired servants have been lying to us for decades.
The numbers went down as the economy tanked, as expected.

When the economy picks up, they will come back, I guarantee it.

And Americans individuals, and businesses, will hire them.
Oldglory

Coachella, CA

#139 Nov 2, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not "tied" to illegals (I'm as white as you can get- pasty white). Nor am I a "liberal"- I'm a libertarian conservative who votes either Libertarian or Republican.
But I don't have vehement hate for Mexican onion pickers the way you do.
What is the source of your hatred? You say you are too old to have a job, so what's your problem? Did some Mexican bang your wife in 1968 or something?
BTW, even in the lowest level jobs in the USA, it's a HUGE advantage to have been born in the USA and speak English. So anyone who "loses a job to an illegal" must be, and I don't mean to be harsh here, one Hell of a loser.
Anyone upset because he lost his/her job as a South Texas onion picker, or a Hotel maid, to an "illegal" should probably look in the mirror and think "what the HELL is wrong with me that I'm losing my job to an uneducated immigrant who doesn't speak English and just crossed the border 2 days ago. How much of a loser am I?"
My God, if you are that bad off, do something to improve yourself. Go to rehab, dry out, get your GED, then learn a skill! Don't blame Pedro for "stealing" your $4 per hour job.
Another one who likes to twists mine and others words. Where did I say that I hate Mexican onion pickers? WHERE, you effing liar!!! What I have said is that I object to illegal immigration and I don't give a damn where they are from. It's our laws for God's sake!!!!!!! Only 3% of illegals are picking crops the rest are doing jobs that Americans have always done. Get that through your thick skull!! Even for crop picking there are unlimited H-2A Visas for LEGAL, foreign workers. Get that through your thick skull also!!!

Since when is objecting to illegal immigration because it is against the law akin to hatred? WTH is wrong with you? Now you are getting downright insulting which is so juvenile! Americans losing their jobs to illegal aliens isn't because they are losers you idiot! It is because there are some greedy employers who wish to hire the cheapest workers even if it means violating our immigration and labor laws to do so. Are you really this clueless? Who the hell do you think did those jobs before the arrival of illegal aliens? You're just being an anti-American prick now! Why do YOU hate the American worker so much?

I am retired so no Pedro didn't take my job. Why do you have to ASSume such nasty stuff about me including juvenile remarks about my wife when you don't even know me? Does it make your proud to act like a child? You're the typical pro-illegal who cannot debate this issue with civility but only with insults and false accusations instead. You should be ashamed of yourself! Now you will just be another hateful pro-illegal idiot that I will ignore from now on. Bye!

Location hidden

#140 Nov 2, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to provide some EVIDENCE which backs your [errant] claims? NO? Yeah, I didn't think so. "Illegal" is just that - ILLEGAL. No amount of errant justification is going to alter that FACT one iota.
Having sex with someone other than your wife is illegal in many parts of the USA. Alcohol is still illegal in many parts of the USA. Marijuana is illegal in all of the USA. At times, free speech is illegal except in designated "free speech zones."

Jaywalking is illegal. Spitting on the sidewalk is illegal. Driving 60 in a 55 zone is illegal.

We have a lot of really dumb ass laws on the books in this country that people ignore every day.

Illegal immigration is illegal. OMG, call out the National Guard!

Can you imagine if that illegal immigrant jaywalks and spits on the sidewalk, it'll be a crime wave! Hide the women and children! How will the Republic survive all of this "crime?"
Level 3

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#141 Nov 2, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I'll bite.
Tell me, Mr. Wanna Be Constitutional scholar, where does the Constitution say that American citizens can't hire anyone they damned well please to trim their hedges?
Before you answer, let me remind you that when the Constitution was written, the USA didn't ban immigrants. In fact, we were begging for them to come here. In 1790, I could hire anyone I wanted, from any country, with NO INTERFERENCE FROM THE GOVERNMENT.
Let me instruct you a bit on libertarian thought. "Libertarian" does not mean "right wing nationalist racist hater." Libertarians support the right of all people to peacefully and willfully enter into business negotiations with other people, REGARDLESS of the place of birth. That means Americans are free to hire Americans, Germans, Mexicans, French, Congolese, or whatever, without asking for "their papers" as long as both parties agree to the job and the price.
1790? Back then the United States had no expensive welfare system and a growing economy.
Level 3

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#142 Nov 2, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
The numbers went down as the economy tanked, as expected.
When the economy picks up, they will come back, I guarantee it.
And Americans individuals, and businesses, will hire them.
Hence the need to start applying heavier taxes to pay for a well patrolled border.

Location hidden

#143 Nov 2, 2013
Civician wrote:
factcheck.org cont'd:
The consensus that immigrant workers expand the U.S. economy is broad, and crosses party lines. In 2005, the White House of Republican President George W. Bush remarked on the fact in one of its annual economic reports to Congress:
Economic Report of the President, Feb. 2005: The foreign-born are associated with much of the employment growth in recent years. Between 1996 and 2003, when total employment grew by 11 million, 58 percent of the net increase was among foreign-born workers….[E]mployment of natives as operators, fabricators, and laborers fell by 1.4 million between 1996 and 2002, while employment in such occupations grew by 930,000 among the foreign-born. This should not be taken as evidence that the foreign-born displace native workers; rather, it reflects the fact that immigrants have made up all of the growth in the low-skilled workforce.
The people pictured in the elevator in CFAW’s ad aren’t likely to be competing with immigrant labor for positions. There may be other reasons for an overhaul of current immigration policy. But the idea that foreign-born workers are stealing American jobs should be turned back at the border.
Facts and logic will never overcome good, old fashioned real 'Murrican racism and hate.

Nice try, though.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#144 Nov 2, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I'll bite.
IF THEY DO SO LEGALLY. See THAT'S the difference.

That which >you< espouse is TOTAL DISREGARD of the rule of law. And this for the all important 'libertarian''ideal' of getting gain by ANY means possible; drugs, prostitution,(including child porn), etc. Your type is what causes the total downfall of a society from within. You don't even have the slightest concept of what TRUE Liberal,(as in Jeffersonian), really means. You twist it almost as badly,(if not more so), than the demonrats.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#145 Nov 2, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
1790? Back then the United States had no expensive welfare system and a growing economy.
EXACTLY. And when EVERYONE wanted to come here, and did so LEGALLY. Doing what was necessary to ASSIMILATE into the American culture. While adding a little of their own "spice" into our culture.

When they came here and learned the language, the customs, the laws, etc. When they had to become citizens through a PROCESS. When they CONTRIBUTED to the betterment of the country. Rather than taking all of what they could. And either leaving, or sending a substantial amount back to their home country. And OUT of our economy.

"We should insist that if the immigrant who comes here does in good faith become an American and assimilates himself to us he shall be treated on an exact equality with every one else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed or birth-place or origin.

"But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American and nothing but an American. If he tries to keep segregated with men of his own origin and separated from the rest of America, then he isn't doing his part as an American. There can be no divided allegiance here... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people."--Teddy Roosevelt, January 5, 1919

Location hidden

#146 Nov 2, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN; "You are trying to DEFEND the destruction of our country?" WHY?
Clearly, it never occurred to you that many loyal Americans, many of whom are far better educated and intelligent than you are, don't agree that "illegals are destroying America.

If you're intellect is too limited to understand that you may not have all the answers, there probably isn't much point in debating the issue.

More and more Americans, from all sides of the political spectrum, are realizing that our immigration system is screwed up, and demonizing Mexican onion pickers probably isn't very smart.

Buy your prejudices are probably too deep to consider that. If so, I suggest you grab a bottle of whisky (oh Hell, Bubba, make it two), a shotgun, and handful of shells, and sit by the door waiting for the apocalypse. In your case, that probably means Mexican zombies (without papers- or "illegal" if you prefer) coming through your front door to eat your children.

Oh, the horror!

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#147 Nov 2, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Having sex with someone other than your wife is illegal in many parts of the USA. Alcohol is still illegal in many parts of the USA. Marijuana is illegal in all of the USA. At times, free speech is illegal except in designated "free speech zones."
Jaywalking is illegal. Spitting on the sidewalk is illegal. Driving 60 in a 55 zone is illegal.
We have a lot of really dumb ass laws on the books in this country that people ignore every day.
Illegal immigration is illegal. OMG, call out the National Guard!
Can you imagine if that illegal immigrant jaywalks and spits on the sidewalk, it'll be a crime wave! Hide the women and children! How will the Republic survive all of this "crime?"
NOW DOES EVERYONE SEE WHAT I MEAN? These people PROMOTE the flagrant disobedience of the rule of law. REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH DESTRUCTION IT CAUSES. All they care about is themselves and FATTENING their wallets at OTHER people's expense. They are the same type of people that helped destroy Rome. The very same type of people that are DESTROYING our country RIGHT NOW.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 9 min caterwaul 8,522
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 12 min jimmy krack korn 146,670
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 21 min Valerie 476
News Ann Coulter's Anti-Semitism Runs Deep (May '16) 38 min Tm Cln 383
News Florida Congressman Vern Buchanan is moving to ... (Nov '16) 44 min yidfellas v USA 4
News Illegal Immigrant Crime Wave? Evidence Is Hard ... 7 hr American PieJamboree 6
News Black Trump Supporter Goes Nuclear on Maxine Wa... 8 hr Retribution 23
More from around the web