Families look for relief from immigration bill

Feb 19, 2013 Full story: Sunherald.com 13

That could begin to change under legislation being written in the Senate, where the nation's longstanding emphasis on family-based immigration is coming under scrutiny.

Full Story

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#1 Feb 19, 2013
What relief will there for the families of Americans who have been negatively impacted by the presence of illegals? Something is screwy when there are those who have representation without taxation.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#2 Feb 19, 2013
Its sad when politicians and certain segments of our population want to degrade our American Citizenship to the point where it has no meaning or value
Let it go

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Feb 19, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
What relief will there for the families of Americans who have been negatively impacted by the presence of illegals? Something is screwy when there are those who have representation without taxation.
Without taxation?? This is a prime example of ignorance. The IRS issues ITIN numbers to illegal immigrants to pay taxes.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#4 Feb 19, 2013
Let it go wrote:
<quoted text>
Without taxation?? This is a prime example of ignorance. The IRS issues ITIN numbers to illegal immigrants to pay taxes.
Talk about ignorance. It is illegal for an illegal alien to use an ITN. An ITN is for use by foreign citizens working legally and temporarily in the U.S. While a very small number of illegal aliens do use an ITN illegally in order to claim a tax refund when their employer insists on covering themselves legally by collecting tax it is still illegal and fraudulent for the an illegal alien to use an ITN.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#5 Feb 19, 2013
America needs relief from those who invade and work towards destroying our way of life and culture.

Level 10

Location hidden

#6 Feb 19, 2013
Let it go wrote:
<quoted text>
What percentage of them do??? It's not as great as you and others would have us believe. Do you think they are totally honest when filing? I have a bridge for sale, are you interested?

Level 3

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#7 Feb 19, 2013
positronium wrote:
America needs relief from those who invade and work towards destroying our way of life and culture.
exactly, what relief does a non-citizen feel entitled to?
Nanuq

Marietta, GA

#8 Feb 19, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>What percentage of them do??? It's not as great as you and others would have us believe. Do you think they are totally honest when filing? I have a bridge for sale, are you interested?
how honest are you with IRS? I bet you are a "fair tax" person which hates IRS... If that's the case then you have no saying in tax matter

Level 10

Location hidden

#9 Feb 19, 2013
Nanuq wrote:
<quoted text> how honest are you with IRS? I bet you are a "fair tax" person which hates IRS... If that's the case then you have no saying in tax matter
very honest...try it.
rtbtn

Winnsboro, SC

#10 Feb 19, 2013
Actually the irs issues what is called an i10 or also called sn individual tax id number
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about ignorance. It is illegal for an illegal alien to use an ITN. An ITN is for use by foreign citizens working legally and temporarily in the U.S. While a very small number of illegal aliens do use an ITN illegally in order to claim a tax refund when their employer insists on covering themselves legally by collecting tax it is still illegal and fraudulent for the an illegal alien to use an ITN.
Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#11 Feb 20, 2013
Hell with families. Last thing we need is more illegals bringing their kids here to bankrupt and dumb down our schools.
posh

Pittsfield, MA

#12 Feb 20, 2013
These morons! This article is about legal residents who work harder and pay more taxes than those lazy ass citizens who are draining welfare and 'disability' benefits!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#14 Feb 20, 2013
hurts donit wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly, what relief does a non-citizen feel entitled to?
Relief from violating our immigration laws.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans preparing 2015 immigration legislation 5 min swedenforever 83
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 32 min serfs up 570
US judge says Obama immigration action invalid 3 hr serfs up 6
Mike Lee: 'Unacceptable' for ICE Chief to Asser... 3 hr Dee Dee Dee 6
A Jeb Bush 2016 Run Would Have Huge Implication... 6 hr Le Duped 7
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 11 hr johnny belinda 137,080
Immigrants closer to driver's licenses in Arizona 12 hr Hooogle It 4
More from around the web