March on Washington events have broad...

March on Washington events have broader goals this time

There are 26 comments on the The Star Press story from Aug 22, 2013, titled March on Washington events have broader goals this time. In it, The Star Press reports that:

The phrase "I have a dream," is engraved in the stone where Martin Luther King, Jr., stood and gave his historic speech advocating racial equality during the March on Washington in 1963 as tourists walk up the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, DC on August 22, 2013.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Star Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NYM8387

Lawrence, MA

#1 Aug 22, 2013
Mr.krikorian is 100% correct.
Darkness Falls

Houston, TX

#2 Aug 22, 2013
The way negroes shuffle when they walk, that "march" will probably take a hell of a long time. Especially for those who shuffle AND walk with a mac daddy limp.
Jethro Bodine Genius

Covington, GA

#3 Aug 22, 2013
Darkness Falls wrote:
The way negroes shuffle when they walk, that "march" will probably take a hell of a long time. Especially for those who shuffle AND walk with a mac daddy limp.
It would look like a bunch of chickens strutting around, until the inevitable black on black violence would happen....as does happen when groups of blacks are together.
Darkness Falls

Houston, TX

#4 Aug 22, 2013
Jethro Bodine Genius wrote:
<quoted text> It would look like a bunch of chickens strutting around, until the inevitable black on black violence would happen....as does happen when groups of blacks are together.
Exactly. Sometimes I think that the only person that could control such a massive amount of unruly coloreds would be Colonel Sanders, with or without coupons.
Jethro Bodine Genius

Covington, GA

#5 Aug 22, 2013
Darkness Falls wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly. Sometimes I think that the only person that could control such a massive amount of unruly coloreds would be Colonel Sanders, with or without coupons.
I think even Colonel Sanders wouldn't have a chance with the modern knee-grow, as they are too violent and feral.
Jethro Bodine Genius

Covington, GA

#6 Aug 22, 2013
Wouldn't there be a larger outcome if they done this during the 1st week of the month when they have their Welfare checks?
Jethro Bodine Genius

Covington, GA

#7 Aug 22, 2013
It would be a great time to randomly stop the marchers and do warrant checks.
Darkness Falls

Houston, TX

#8 Aug 22, 2013
<quoted text> I think even Colonel Sanders wouldn't have a chance with the modern knee-grow, as they are too violent and feral.
You do make a good point because even though Colonel Sanders is considered somewhat of a deity to coloreds, I bet at one time or the other even he had some horrific, violent encounters with at least a few of them where he witnessed some unleashed negro mayhem.
Darkness Falls

Houston, TX

#9 Aug 22, 2013
It would be a great time to randomly stop the marchers and do warrant checks.
Agreed, and also have the high pressure fire hoses and German Shepherds on standby.
Jethro Bodine Genius

Covington, GA

#10 Aug 22, 2013
Darkness Falls wrote:
<quoted text> You do make a good point because even though Colonel Sanders is considered somewhat of a deity to coloreds, I bet at one time or the other even he had some horrific, violent encounters with at least a few of them where he witnessed some unleashed negro mayhem.
I'm sure that he had to teach a few of them a lesson "OLD SCHOOL" with a nice long cattle whip.
Jethro Bodine Genius

Covington, GA

#11 Aug 22, 2013
Darkness Falls wrote:
<quoted text> Agreed, and also have the high pressure fire hoses and German Shepherds on standby.
The random flame-thrower could be useful in some situations as well.
Darkness Falls

Houston, TX

#12 Aug 22, 2013
<quoted text> I'm sure that he had to teach a few of them a lesson "OLD SCHOOL" with a nice long cattle whip.
I bet they scattered like cats everytime the Colonel took his white coat off and grabbed the whip.
Jethro Bodine Genius

Covington, GA

#13 Aug 22, 2013
Darkness Falls wrote:
<quoted text> I bet they scattered like cats everytime the Colonel took his white coat off and grabbed the whip.
Yet they always came back for his greasy chicken. I bet the Colonel invented Crack and introduced it into his chicken recipe........no knee-grow can resist Crack!

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#14 Aug 23, 2013
I bet King is rolling over in his grave with what is happening with a large sector of the black youth currently...they have no idea what their grandparents went through in their fight for civil rights, and their actions are totally disrespectful to those civil rights fighters whose only wish was as stated by MLK: "I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
Read more at."

Bored teens, plotting to kill a white person, any white person. Exactly where were their parents, why didn't they see who their kids were hanging with? Why didn't they pay attention??? What has become of our society? Why is Sharpton so silent on this? These kids are just another symptom of what is wrong with our country. When are we going to stop making excuses, and start holding the right people responsible for the actions of our children...the parents? As parents, far too many of us are failing our children, and the violence they embrace is becoming more and more apparent.

Rest in peace, Chris Lane.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#15 Aug 23, 2013
More hate being promoted by a freaking government employee:

http://reason.com/24-7/2013/08/22/dhs-employe...

Will he be reprimanded?

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#16 Aug 23, 2013
As a White child In Florida back in the 1940's I know how Black People were treated.

My first observation to it was as a 5 year old riding a Greyhound Bus with
my Mother between Jacksonville and Lake City Florida (a distance of 60 miles).
I notice about 15 Black people standing in the aisle when there were
only about 10 white people on the bus.When I ask my Mother why they were
standing, her response was to "Be quite David".

It was only later that I learn the very back seat on the bus was for Black people and if it was full they had to stand in the aisle. When I started to
go to the movies,I notice that there were two entrances to the theater,one inside for whites and One on the outside for the Blacks who had to sit in the balcony. The water fountains and Restrooms were clearly marked White and Colored. In 12 years I never went to school with a Black person.

In 1954 after graduation I enlisted in the Air Force, the Troop train I was on stopped in New Orleans for breakfast.As we entered the restaurant the Black recruits were met at the door by the
beet red face owner and informed that no blacks were allowed.

It was at that point I ask myself how could these Black men step forward to serve their country when they couldn't even eat a meal with the rest of us?
It was only later I regretted that all of us had not left the Restaurant with the Blacks.

To my friend Willie Boughton,I apologize for not understanding why you couldn't eat lunch with me that time in the Macon Ga of 1954.

My only excuse is that being a young 17 year old White male andnever being discriminated against I didn't understand.

I do now.

Level 8

#18 Sep 6, 2013
Darkness Falls wrote:
You need to put more Suntan Lotion on the back of your neck,the "Red" is starting to show.

Level 8

#19 Sep 6, 2013
Darkness Falls wrote:
<quoted text>

You do make a good point because even though Colonel Sanders is considered somewhat of a deity to coloreds, I bet at one time or the other even he had some horrific, violent encounters with at least a few of them where he witnessed some unleashed negro mayhem.
"Birds of a feather flock together"

Level 8

#20 Sep 6, 2013
Darkness Falls wrote:
<quoted text>

Agreed, and also have the high pressure fire hoses and German Shepherds on standby.
You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him.

- Leo Aikman
Cordwainer Trout

Leitchfield, KY

#21 Sep 6, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
As a White child In Florida back in the 1940's I know how Black People were treated.
My first observation to it was as a 5 year old riding a Greyhound Bus with
my Mother between Jacksonville and Lake City Florida (a distance of 60 miles).
I notice about 15 Black people standing in the aisle when there were
only about 10 white people on the bus.When I ask my Mother why they were
standing, her response was to "Be quite David".
It was only later that I learn the very back seat on the bus was for Black people and if it was full they had to stand in the aisle. When I started to
go to the movies,I notice that there were two entrances to the theater,one inside for whites and One on the outside for the Blacks who had to sit in the balcony. The water fountains and Restrooms were clearly marked White and Colored. In 12 years I never went to school with a Black person.
In 1954 after graduation I enlisted in the Air Force, the Troop train I was on stopped in New Orleans for breakfast.As we entered the restaurant the Black recruits were met at the door by the
beet red face owner and informed that no blacks were allowed.
It was at that point I ask myself how could these Black men step forward to serve their country when they couldn't even eat a meal with the rest of us?
It was only later I regretted that all of us had not left the Restaurant with the Blacks.
To my friend Willie Boughton,I apologize for not understanding why you couldn't eat lunch with me that time in the Macon Ga of 1954.
My only excuse is that being a young 17 year old White male andnever being discriminated against I didn't understand.
I do now.
An argument can be made that you are a young writer of fiction and that your experience is garnered from watching a couple movies. We don't need fuel added to fires by wannabe fiction writers, just as we don't need people like the jerks above stammering on about their foolish backsliding, likely paying people to mark their posts funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 2 min Concerned White ... 146,230
Will Katrina ever get a job?? 4 min Concerned White ... 4
News Jesus Arrested as Illegal Immigrant in New Poli... 22 min Lawrence Wolf 21
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 34 min Taletha 7,197
Trump has failed the American People. Impeachm... 55 min Concerned White ... 13
News Ann Coulter's Anti-Semitism Runs Deep (May '16) 1 hr Concerned White ... 335
News Victory for Donald Trump as US Supreme Court re... 4 hr Concerned White ... 30
More from around the web