Fact check: Whoppers of 2013

Fact check: Whoppers of 2013

There are 2714 comments on the USA Today story from Dec 19, 2013, titled Fact check: Whoppers of 2013. In it, USA Today reports that:

It's that time of year again when FactCheck looks back - perhaps not so fondly - on the most noteworthy nonsense from the past 12 months.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#2567 Jan 13, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all I am based in NY. FAA requires 1 flight attendant for 50 passengers. The number of flight attendants on board depends on the aircraft type and configuration. An example would be a 747-400 can seat 416 passengers,if only one flight attendant was on board during an emergency a lot of people would die, with only 1 emergency exit door operational. You might want to think about that next time you fly. And no Thank-God the only evacuations I ever had to commence were in the cabin trainer.
i clearly mentioned small planes. and yes for overseas flights we would need coke can openers like yourself.

you don't think the FAA regulations were infuluenced by your unions? sure gal, sure...

we do not need four coke can openers on a small flight of three hour duration.

St. Croix valley

#2568 Jan 13, 2014
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
See that you have awakened from you nap, child. Does your mommy know that you're on the computer?
still nothing on backing up your own words? can yo even look at yourelf in a mirror?
what a shitty life it must be to have to run from your own words...
sandy1

Southold, NY

#2569 Jan 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i clearly mentioned small planes. and yes for overseas flights we would need coke can openers like yourself.
you don't think the FAA regulations were infuluenced by your unions? sure gal, sure...
My company is the only major airline that is non unionized. The FAA regulations are not influenced by anyone! Not all domestice flights are narrow body aircraft, you have trans con flights where larger aircraft are utilized. The planes I work on are jets not puddle jumpers.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#2570 Jan 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>still nothing on backing up your own words? can yo even look at yourelf in a mirror?
what a shitty life it must be to have to run from your own words...
Just how long have you been severely mentally challenged, child? Was it from birth, or due to multiple blows to your [empty little] head?

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2571 Jan 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
Now wait a minute: you forgot they have to weigh the can so they can divide it into three equal portions.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#2572 Jan 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i clearly mentioned small planes. and yes for overseas flights we would need coke can openers like yourself.
You mentioned no such thing, mindless drooler.
sandy1

Southold, NY

#2573 Jan 13, 2014
Oops typo it should be "domestic"
sandy1

Southold, NY

#2574 Jan 13, 2014
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
You mentioned no such thing, mindless drooler.
I think it's time to get the fire extinguisher!

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#2575 Jan 13, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Make it count. Hit 'em multiple times!
sandy1

Southold, NY

#2576 Jan 13, 2014
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Make it count. Hit 'em multiple times!
I would love it. And let's not forget there is a crash ax in the cockpit, that could be fun too.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#2577 Jan 13, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love it. And let's not forget there is a crash ax in the cockpit, that could be fun too.
Yeah, but the fun would end rather quickly with the axe,(unless you used the handle).

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#2578 Jan 13, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all I am based in NY. FAA requires 1 flight attendant for 50 passengers. The number of flight attendants on board depends on the aircraft type and configuration. An example would be a 747-400 can seat 416 passengers,if only one flight attendant was on board during an emergency a lot of people would die, with only 1 emergency exit door operational. You might want to think about that next time you fly. And no Thank-God the only evacuations I ever had to commence were in the cabin trainer.
keep in mind, Woodprick is an expert on everything, so he'll be teaching you the proper methods over the next few days.
sandy1

Southold, NY

#2579 Jan 13, 2014
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but the fun would end rather quickly with the axe,(unless you used the handle).
Using the handle was exactly what I had in mind. Locking him in the coach lavatory after a 5 hour flight( the stench is unbearable) is another fun filled option.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#2580 Jan 13, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
keep in mind, Woodprick is an expert on everything, so he'll be teaching you the proper methods over the next few days.
Yeah, and he would have stopped all of the planes going down on 9/11 as well!
sandy1

Southold, NY

#2581 Jan 13, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that means I won't have to go to recurrent training this year. I tell the others, they will be so relieved they can skip it thanks to mr.expert. Lol!

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#2582 Jan 13, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Using the handle was exactly what I had in mind. Locking him in the coach lavatory after a 5 hour flight( the stench is unbearable) is another fun filled option.
Sounds like a good plan! ;)
sandy1

Southold, NY

#2583 Jan 13, 2014
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a good plan! ;)
It's the best option, since it's the most agonizing.
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#2584 Jan 13, 2014
We dont need 30 million illegals, yet they are here.oh and leaving sooooon. No amnesty lol.hi sandy.

St. Croix valley

#2585 Jan 13, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
you can't your freakin drink cart is in the way...

oh miss...can i get another bag of peanuts?

St. Croix valley

#2586 Jan 13, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, we saw what happened to you "highly trained security personnel on 9-11, didn't we.

we need real security people on our planes, not waitresses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Diagnosing Trump: Did America elect a madman? 2 min Mick 194
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 4 min Agents of Corruption 147,913
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 10 min Sharrp Shooter 12,063
News Sessions targets more sanctuary cities 41 min Wildchild 6
News Meet Pamela, a soon-to-be-undocumented immigran... 3 hr Wildchild 2
News Trump's popularity is slipping in rural America... 4 hr realist 1,279
News Mark Sanford reflects after returning to House (Jan '14) 13 hr Elmer Gantry 6
More from around the web