Fact check: Whoppers of 2013

Fact check: Whoppers of 2013

There are 2714 comments on the USA Today story from Dec 19, 2013, titled Fact check: Whoppers of 2013. In it, USA Today reports that:

It's that time of year again when FactCheck looks back - perhaps not so fondly - on the most noteworthy nonsense from the past 12 months.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

sandy1

Southold, NY

#2547 Jan 12, 2014
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously have no idea the amount of training involved in airline travel. Nor the amount of responsibilities that it entails. Take a hike, you mindless drone.
Thank-you! We are trained to deal with evacuations,both land and water(ditching), medical emergencies,fires, etc. People have no idea what we do before they board the aircraft, we check every piece of emergency equipment and perform many other safety checks to ensure our passengers a safe journey in the wild blue yonder.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#2548 Jan 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>when have i advocated for gun control?
are you going to have to run from your own words some more?
why do you do this? you spew bullshit you know you cannot back up! are you really that stupid? you know you cannot compete with me on any level
run boy, run from your own words...
Right, coward. It is quite obvious that you are the one "running",'boy'. And there's no need to "compete" with someone at your "level". For there is nothing to "compete" against. Go play with your tonka toys and legos, punk.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#2549 Jan 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>well, dickwad, i know you will run from your own words.....again...yet again. what a sad life that must be, running from your self..
i;ll check back tomorrow to taunt you some more about how you had to run away...(i know you won't back up your bullshit, because that would be impossible...)
run boy,,,,run....
Yeah drooler, run away and have your mommy tuck you in for the night.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#2550 Jan 12, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank-you! We are trained to deal with evacuations,both land and water(ditching), medical emergencies,fires, etc. People have no idea what we do before they board the aircraft, we check every piece of emergency equipment and perform many other safety checks to ensure our passengers a safe journey in the wild blue yonder.
Am well aware of the responsibilities that are demanded of you. Have done a lot of business with airlines in Tulsa and Phoenix.
sandy1

Southold, NY

#2551 Jan 12, 2014
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
They also throw their feces much better than these mindless demonrats that try to emulate them.
They do everything better, of course the monkeys IQ is way above these babble bots.
sandy1

Southold, NY

#2552 Jan 12, 2014
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Am well aware of the responsibilities that are demanded of you. Have done a lot of business with airlines in Tulsa and Phoenix.
I can just picture that loon in an emergency, he would be the one to panic and knock over elderly people so he can be the first one down the slide.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#2553 Jan 12, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can just picture that loon in an emergency, he would be the one to panic and knock over elderly people so he can be the first one down the slide.
EXACTLY. And you'd have to cold-cock him with an extinguisher.
sandy1

Southold, NY

#2554 Jan 12, 2014
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY. And you'd have to cold-cock him with an extinguisher.
And I would take pleasure in doing it.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2555 Jan 12, 2014
racer42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what we need around here, another keyboard commando who would run away crying at the possibility of an actual physical conflict..
Right...
xxxrayted wrote:
I can kill a man five different ways with my bare hands in three moves or less.
I guess you skip over a few, TowelBoy.

Level 5

Location hidden

#2556 Jan 12, 2014
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, recycling those tiny little bottles must have been a real gold mine for you, Sod0mite, and help pay the internet bill after you business failed and you declared bankruptcy.

Level 5

Location hidden

#2557 Jan 12, 2014
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey punk, perhaps you should try to back up that big mouth of yours and MAKE ME?
HAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

We've been trying to make you tell the truth for years, shug, but you can't even admit you're wrong, even when you have said two exactly opposite things.

2ndAmRight wrote:
It most certainly IS a "firearm".

2ndAmRight wrote:
... an “antique firearm” is not a firearm.

2ndAmRight wrote:

2ndAmRight wrote:
racer42

Hayward, CA

#2558 Jan 13, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right...
<quoted text>
What are you laughing at, monkey girl, you're in that category

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#2559 Jan 13, 2014
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, coward. It is quite obvious that you are the one "running",'boy'. And there's no need to "compete" with someone at your "level". For there is nothing to "compete" against. Go play with your tonka toys and legos, punk.
still absolutely nothing to back up your own words? nothing at all? zip?nada? zilch? a big goose egg?

just as i predicted, huh? why do you think that is?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#2560 Jan 13, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
and it takes 3 or four of you to do that? really? for a little plane flying from minneapolis to phoenix? i bet one person could do all that.

have you ever evacuated a plane in an emergency?
sandy1

Southold, NY

#2561 Jan 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and it takes 3 or four of you to do that? really? for a little plane flying from minneapolis to phoenix? i bet one person could do all that.
First of all I am based in NY. FAA requires 1 flight attendant for 50 passengers. The number of flight attendants on board depends on the aircraft type and configuration. An example would be a 747-400 can seat 416 passengers,if only one flight attendant was on board during an emergency a lot of people would die, with only 1 emergency exit door operational. You might want to think about that next time you fly. And no Thank-God the only evacuations I ever had to commence were in the cabin trainer.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#2562 Jan 13, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right...
<quoted text>
Senseless as always, eh twisty?

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#2563 Jan 13, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, recycling those tiny little bottles must have been a real gold mine for you, Sod0mite, and help pay the internet bill after you business failed and you declared bankruptcy.
You sure have an active imagination for a mindless spam-bot, Sod0mite. But I guess fantasy is all you have left, isn't it?

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#2564 Jan 13, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
We've been trying to make you tell the truth for years, shug, but you can't even admit you're wrong, even when you have said two exactly opposite things.
2ndAmRight wrote:
2ndAmRight wrote:
2ndAmRight wrote:
2ndAmRight wrote:
Can't help that your severe mental retardation/agenda prevents you from acknowledging the truth.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#2565 Jan 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>still absolutely nothing to back up your own words? nothing at all? zip?nada? zilch? a big goose egg?
just as i predicted, huh? why do you think that is?
See that you have awakened from you nap, child. Does your mommy know that you're on the computer?

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#2566 Jan 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and it takes 3 or four of you to do that? really? for a little plane flying from minneapolis to phoenix? i bet one person could do all that.
It sure is a help when you yourself proves how mindless you are, child.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Employers In Georgia Are Watching The Immig... 5 min Sad Sack 8
News Jimmy Kimmel Blames Trump, GOP After School Sho... 7 min youll shoot your ... 13
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr NotSoDivineMsM 148,648
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 1 hr Rickster-- 17,369
News US illegal immigrant population fell by nearly ... 1 hr spytheweb 4
News Trump rebukes California on anti-gang policing,... 5 hr tomin cali 2
News Pelosi speaks for record 8 hours in favor of 'D... 6 hr coyote505 5
More from around the web