10,000 ordered by governor to prove r...

10,000 ordered by governor to prove residency

There are 2376 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jul 31, 2011, titled 10,000 ordered by governor to prove residency. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

After seven months in office, Gov. Susana Martinez is about to enter the national spotlight for a policy decision on the explosive issue of immigration.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

Bull

Los Alamos, NM

#2068 Oct 14, 2011
Just left of right wrote:
<quoted text>
Feds won't let her.
bull. They do it all over the US. She won't deport them, is what is happening. Wants the perry's to get hispanic votes.
Bull

Los Alamos, NM

#2069 Oct 14, 2011
TheSilverBullet wrote:
The Governor needs to take the whole NM License issue and take bids from a private contractor to manage the drive records in NM.
Privatization makes hings worse. I tried that in another state , the company kept denying the both of us licenses, with no reason given at all.

If there is a problem, and too much effort, they don't do any work at all. Even if no one is walking thru the front door.

“starting to wake up”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

brookhaven ny

#2071 Oct 14, 2011
JustSaying wrote:
Not all brown people are "aliens"...this just takes us back to McCartheism or witch hunts or black list.
I don't have a problem if an alien has committed a crime to deport them... I do however do not agree with profiling. I see America as an open society not communistic and that's where we the people are headed if we don't stop this abuse.
Trying to move up the social ladder is not a crime and that's why all immigrants came to this country. If you're not a Native American you're an immigrant or descendant!
Pretty soon "they" (big brother) is going to say, "oh we don't want Catholics or Baptist or Republicans or Jewish or you fill in the blank."
I didn't "join" the military and went to the south pacific to kill men, women, and children for this country to go backwards. We are better than this so lets get with the program and welcome diversity.
Everyone has a gift...let them them contribute.
got any of that shit you smoke left over ??

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2072 Oct 15, 2011
TheSilverBullet wrote:
The Governor needs to take the whole NM License issue and take bids from a private contractor to manage the drive records in NM. This state is the worst for managing everything.
Let's look at NM's record:
Can't count votes, they have folks voting up north that have been dead for 20+ years.
CYFD----well we know this is a complete failure.
Look at both Houses in Santa Fe = CORRUPTION is the work of each day.
NMDOT = CORRUPTION! and costing big $$$$$.
Education (Public Schools) worst in the Nation.
Well, SHE just fired the director of the state MVD. No one is so perfect or can be so corrupt that they can't hire an honest person by mistake or "on accident" sometimes.
New Mexico Equals Old Mex

Albuquerque, NM

#2074 Oct 15, 2011
<quoted text>
Soooooo, she hasn't been charged of any crime, yet you condemn her and accuse her of being a criminal at every opportunity. You HAVE been charged with a crime and claim lack of due process and persecution. Does the word hypocrite strike a chord with you?
He hasn't been convicted stupid, so no it does not. Innocent til proven guilty. BTW, you personally have stated Richardson was a criminal, and he was never indicted. That makes you a hypocrite AND a liar.
New Mexico Equals Old Mex

Albuquerque, NM

#2075 Oct 15, 2011
<quoted text>
And exactly what the hell does this have to do with the topic?
Offering evidence. You are probably not familiar with it, as you don't buy into American values. Go back where you came from, take martinez with you!

“Freedom is never free”

Level 1

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#2076 Oct 15, 2011
<quoted text>
And exactly what the hell does this have to do with the topic?
Um go back and read the last few paragraphs...

Did you even read my post?

Oh wait I'm asking a Martinez supporter to actually look at facts.

Just like Martinez ignoring the evidence.

Since you're blind go back to the post YOU QUOTED and look for this line:

"Now what does that have to do with this topic?"

No wonder you support Martinez...
whammer jammer

Albuquerque, NM

#2077 Oct 16, 2011
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
you deal with terrorists daily?
whack job
No, not a 'whack job', just a dedicated public servant....I KNOW what I'm talking about...you? Where do you derive your statistical information from? I know my 'information' is valid. Do some research...perhaps you'll 'get with the program'.....otherwise....than k goodness there are those who are willing to 'protect' you and yours when push comes to shove. Ostrich....comes to mind....ignore it, deny it....it'll go away...until the next 911....then, perhaps, just perhaps...you'll rethink your mindset. They hate us. They want to destroy us. This isn't rocket science. They'll go to any length to get into a position to do the most damage. Their looking for a 'weakness'...in our security. New Mexico is a 'gateway'. Shut the door. Our current Governor knows this. WAKE UP!
whammer jammer

Albuquerque, NM

#2078 Oct 16, 2011
Excuse the typos
whammer jammer

Albuquerque, NM

#2079 Oct 16, 2011
justice is just a choice wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you "Just Left of Right"???
I don't think so. You might want to save your replies to people who actually address you and far as I can tell that's not too many people.
As for what this issue is about...here's one for you.
How can a person who has committed several crimes herself have the authority to charge anyone else for any crime?
Oh that's right because crazy psychos like yourself think the world is ending because an illegal alien got a drivers license.
We all recognize that the law is flawed, YOU NIT. WE ALL SEE THAT.
However what you are refusing to acknowledge is that the person who's ass you seen to be so fond of is not clean herself.
Let's see besides my own crystal clear and concrete evidence against her...
She did inner-circle dealings with a business of someone who worked for her.
She inflated numbers to the federal government in order to get federal funding and instead of using that money for what it was set for she gave it away as bonuses to her staff.
She inflated case numbers on the state website( 5,000 cases in 2007) when the court records showed for that exact time period there were no more than 1,200.
Blah...blah..blah
This will be my last reply to you because 1) you're not registered and 2) you got your head so far up Susana's ass you can't see the forest for the feces.
Blah, blah, blah
Your vendetta against our Governor is not in my focus. My focus? I'm against the issuance of a valid form of identification to ILLEGAL ALIENS/IMMIGRANTS. Period. You attack the current elected Governor in any way you see fit, but don't compromise the fact that she is protecting you and your family from terrorists. Proven fact. New Mexico is a gateway for terrorists. I don't care what color/race/religion they come from. If they mean to do our country, our citizens harm...they are not welcome. Period. Reform of our current 'National' policy on immigration may be needed, but as for our state, New Mexico...end the current policy of allowing ILLEGAL ALIENS/IMMIGRANTS the availability of obtaining an valid/legal form of identification. If you don't like it???? Try finding another state in the union that agrees with you....hmmmm....that's pretty limited. Out of 50, there are only 3 so....your choices are tiny. That 'choice'? Is going to be shrunk by one....so now, you have two choices....what's wrong with that picture? 50 states in the union....you're down to 2...who can give you and your 'friends' the protection you feel you are willing to die for...are willing to sacrifice your family for....it won't happen here...anymore. We're no longer willing to put our families at risk to protect your twisted view. New Mexico is a target. They're here. They hate us. Grow up.
Wow

Huntsville, AL

#2080 Oct 16, 2011
whammer jammer wrote:
<quoted text>
!
delusional. The hole is getting deeper.

“Freedom is never free”

Level 1

El Paso, Texas

#2081 Oct 16, 2011
Message to the thread:

I can't believe what this fool wrote.

Susana Martinez is protecting my family from terrorists?

Um no that would be the United States military.

That would also be one of my dear friends who IS a federal agent.

Susana Martinez IS a politician who has done nothing to benefit not one person, but has spent her life trying to destroy people.

Matter of FACT here's a FACT for everybody...

She made a statement during the campign about going hard on DWI. Police and journalists called her out on it because they knew she had several people off in other words those that had DWI convictions would be arrested over and over again and the district attorney obviously wasn't going hard on them.

And this is the basic excuse she came back with, "If other agencies don't keep track of prior convictions we can't make judgments off information we don't have."

She blatantly layed blame on any and every other agency, without naming any specific one, but here is the HUGE-ASS-FLAW in what she said...

WHO'S THE OVERALL PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR SEEKING CONVICTIONS?

So this dumbass, SUSANA MARTINEZ, isn't keeping records of the people she prosecutes?

There's no need to even answer that because just keep reading the las cruces sun-news there will be another person arrested for a repeated DWI offense and has probably been in court more than once under her watch.

So this former district attorney has LET a group of people who are a danger to society, DRUNK DRIVERS, continue to endanger ALL OF US and this dumbass thinks she is protecting us from terrorists.

Surely they jest!
New Mexico Citizen

Albuquerque, NM

#2082 Oct 17, 2011
Message to the thread:
I can't believe what this fool wrote.
Susana Martinez is protecting my family from terrorists?
Um no that would be the United States military.
That would also be one of my dear friends who IS a federal agent.
Susana Martinez IS a politician who has done nothing to benefit not one person, but has spent her life trying to destroy people.
Matter of FACT here's a FACT for everybody...
She made a statement during the campign about going hard on DWI. Police and journalists called her out on it because they knew she had several people off in other words those that had DWI convictions would be arrested over and over again and the district attorney obviously wasn't going hard on them.
And this is the basic excuse she came back with, "If other agencies don't keep track of prior convictions we can't make judgments off information we don't have."
She blatantly layed blame on any and every other agency, without naming any specific one, but here is the HUGE-ASS-FLAW in what she said...
WHO'S THE OVERALL PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR SEEKING CONVICTIONS?
So this dumbass, SUSANA MARTINEZ, isn't keeping records of the people she prosecutes?
There's no need to even answer that because just keep reading the las cruces sun-news there will be another person arrested for a repeated DWI offense and has probably been in court more than once under her watch.
So this former district attorney has LET a group of people who are a danger to society, DRUNK DRIVERS, continue to endanger ALL OF US and this dumbass thinks she is protecting us from terrorists.
Surely they jest!
Everyone realizes that this guy "justice is just a choice", lives in Texas, right?
And that he's under indictment by what was formerly Susana Martinez's DA office for stalking an underage girl, right?
EVERYTHING he says is based on these two facts.
Let's poke some holes in his nonsense:
No New Mexico governor is doing anything for him, because his governor is Rick Perry.
He thinks that just because Susana Martinez has spent her career as DA working to put criminals in jail, that she's got some sort of personal vendetta against him. Reality is, we should be happy that Martinez HAS gone after perverts who target our children. I know I am. Susana Martinez has done much to help the citizens of New Mexico by this fact alone.
No DA's job is to do the filing/recordkeeping in the DA office. That's up to the bookkeeping staff. Susana Martinez's responsibilities have never included recordkeeping.
Convictions and recordkeeping are handling by different people.
There is no evidence whatsoever that Susana Martinez was letting drunk drivers off the hook. That is entirely made up in his mind.

Level 1

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#2083 Oct 17, 2011
New Mexico Equals Old Mex wrote:
<quoted text>
He hasn't been convicted stupid, so no it does not. Innocent til proven guilty. BTW, you personally have stated Richardson was a criminal, and he was never indicted. That makes you a hypocrite AND a liar.
I never said he was convicted. I said he was charged. She has not been. See the difference? By the way, I don't think I've ever called Richardson a criminal. An idiot, yes, not criminal.

Level 1

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#2084 Oct 17, 2011
New Mexico Equals Old Mex wrote:
<quoted text>
Offering evidence. You are probably not familiar with it, as you don't buy into American values. Go back where you came from, take martinez with you!
I should go back to California?

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#2085 Oct 17, 2011
<quoted text>
Are you "Just Left of Right"???
I don't think so. You might want to save your replies to people who actually address you and far as I can tell that's not too many people.
As for what this issue is about...here's one for you.
How can a person who has committed several crimes herself have the authority to charge anyone else for any crime?
Oh that's right because crazy psychos like yourself think the world is ending because an illegal alien got a drivers license.
We all recognize that the law is flawed, YOU NIT. WE ALL SEE THAT.
However what you are refusing to acknowledge is that the person who's ass you seen to be so fond of is not clean herself.
Let's see besides my own crystal clear and concrete evidence against her...
She did inner-circle dealings with a business of someone who worked for her.
She inflated numbers to the federal government in order to get federal funding and instead of using that money for what it was set for she gave it away as bonuses to her staff.
She inflated case numbers on the state website( 5,000 cases in 2007) when the court records showed for that exact time period there were no more than 1,200.
During the campaign she avoided the issue about her grandparents and now after successfully being elected and comfortably in the chair she now admits her grandparents were illegal aliens.
She promised not tocut education and not only cut the education budget by 1.5%, but also cut several, several jobs from education.
She proudly used the image of a dead child to promote her candidacy, that's usually called exploitation.
She made a claim about fighting and going hard on DWI offenders, the numbers showed she lied and amazing almost twice a month someone in Dona Ana county gets arrested for DWI and has more than 5 prior convictions or arrests.
She made some bold claim about fighting drug cartels. Really? So she fought more cartels than the El Paso, TX district attorney? Even greater, she a county prosecutor, took on crimes that are under the jurisdiction of the federal government? I don't recall her ever prosecuting a case in federal court especially against a drug kingpin or even a cartel member.
She swore to uphold the United States Constitution and the laws of both the United States and New Mexico...well then she violated that oath big time, for perjury is a fourth degree felony and she not only let it happen in fron of her own face, she planned it, supported it, acknowledged it, served it with fries.
Susana Martinez, a criminal, should not be given any power to condemn any person whatsoever.
This will be my last reply to you because 1) you're not registered and 2) you got your head so far up Susana's ass you can't see the forest for the feces.
Innocent until proven guilty.

And if she is guilty, you have one other problem.

All presidents and governors have been doing things like this for a century. Why pick on her and not all those fine examples that makes this all seem like normal, everyday, politics as ancient as Rome?

But first, no one is a criminal until proven guilty in a court of law.
Pando

Bullhead City, AZ

#2086 Oct 17, 2011
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
All presidents and governors have been doing things like this for a century. Why pick on her and not all those fine examples that makes this all seem like normal, everyday, politics as ancient as Rome?
Well stated, thank you!
One wishes

Huntsville, AL

#2087 Oct 17, 2011
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
she followed that principle. And also the principle of equal protection under the law.

“Freedom is never free”

Level 1

El Paso, Texas

#2088 Oct 17, 2011
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
THANK YOU!

It took over 2,000 posts for someone to finally get it.

However do you really believe that?

If you truly believe that then instead of 10,000 people being forced to comply with a governor's order, the proper DUE PROCESS of law is for an adequate investigation, followed by a charge, and then the regular procedures of the judicial system.

Look at it this way. Several hundreds of thouosands of people drive while intoxicated. Is proper procedure the governor demanding that people go to Santa Fe or some office in Las Cruces and prove they are not driving while intoxicated?

Everyone on here has claimed what has happened is a crime. Well damn if it's a crime then let law enforcement DO THEIR JOB and not the governor playing dictator.

But as I have repeatedly stated SUSANA MARTINEZ HAS NEVER FOLLOWED DUE PEOCESS OF LAW and my own personal case is a PERFECT example.

Again analogy say Susana Martinez was a general contractor and she was responsible fora crap job on my building. I go about trying to get redress from all agencies and given the cold shoulder by all. Now this Martinez wants to lead or merge with a larger agency and I strees to the people of her fraudulent acts, but just like here no one listens because they feel my own experience has nothing to do with what she may do with this National agency...

Strange???

Because that exact analogy is how some people on this thread are treating me. I've commited no crime and yet because I have a pending charge some ignorants on this thread think I'm a danger to every other teenager on the planet.

So when I complain of very provable acts I'm holding a grudge or have a vendetta, but when some on this thread attack me because I have a pending unsubstantiated charge to them it's "justice"...Such a huge contradiction, but this kind of hypocrisy is expected from Martinez and all those that support her.

Innocent until proven guilty?

Such a fictional statement...what happened to the Duke LaCrosse case? What happened to the Harrison/McGhee case? Better yet what exactly happened to Jesus Christ?

Some people want condemnation over justice and they don't care how it happens. Susana Martinez has committed perjury, Subornation of Perjury, Obstruction, Witness Tampering, Bribery, Extortion, and a host of other felonies. Just because she hasn't been charged doesn't mean she didn't commit those acts. It means your local law enforcement, better yet the federal agencies, don't want the embarrassment of all that would unravel if she was charged with those crimes.

A criminal act is a criminal act. Susana Martinez has committed criminal acts which makes her a criminal. She won't be a convicted criminal until a jury determines so, but til then she is still a criminal. So yes she is innocent of the charge until proven guilty of the charge.

“Freedom is never free”

Level 1

El Paso, Texas

#2089 Oct 17, 2011
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
Can you be honest about something? Just take a moment and seriously consider this:

What would you do if you got charged with harassment for bothering someone and following them around on the 48th floor of the world trade center on April 26, 2007? What would you do?

What would you do if you were charged with robbing the New Hampshire Savings & Loan next to Las Cruces High School on October 1, 2008? What would you do?

What would you do if you were charged as an accomplice to the assassination of Abraham Lincoln? Seriously what would you do?

Now consider that your defense attorneys aren't really working the case, so you choose to fight it Pro Se, but then the court refuses and so you are stuck in the system. What would you do?

You have no idea how fake the charge is against me. It should disgust you that any person would try to convict someone over complete fiction.

If someone told you I was at a game between two schools and I show you the athletic schedule proving that no such game occurred would you still accept the lie? Or would you question the person's motive for even lying in the first place?

See the reason they lied wasn't to establish the crime itself. The mother purposely lied to establish jurisdiction of the court. They weren't trying to establish a stalking pattern. The mother named specific schools in Dona Ana county, Gadsden High, Las Cruces High, and Santa Teresa High because Susana Martinez asked her what schools in Dona Ana county did she see me at. In 2007-08 Chaparral did not play either of those schools in volleyball which is what she testified to and made the ignorant claim that she personally saw me there. Well if she went to every game wouldn't she be able to better name precisely the schools involved? I can understand naming a school mistakenly once, maybe twice, but 5 times?!?!? No that's a pattern of conduct .

If you take into consideration the actual facts. Their residence is in Otero and no case was filed nor pursued by Otero county. I live in Texas and no case was filed nor pursued by El Paso county. So they go out of their way, calling on a friend/relative to do them a favor and Susana Martinez lies to the court to establish jurisdiction because the fact is the court doesn't have personal jurisdiction over either party and no elements of the crime charged occurred in Dona Ana so the court doesn't have territorial jurisdiction either. Which is partly why Oscar Ferralez had me arrested for violating a non-existent court order. He needed to establish territorial jurisdiction for the court.(If you didn't know the court destroyed those records, I find that strange)

I wish you people really understood the law. Visit a law library you'll see I'm not making this stuff up.

Now the question is were any elements of the crime charged committed in Otero or El Paso? No, because if they were then both counites would have the authority to initiate their own prosecutions. However they did not because no such crime occurred.

As I said Susana Martinez does what she wants. She doesn't care if it's right or wrong, if it's legal or illegal. If she sets out to do something or has something against somebody then she will do whatever she wants to get it.

Because let's all be honest about one HUGE factor in this entire ordeal...Chaparral High School is in Dona Ana county and if I had attended any home game at Chaparral then why wasn't the case initiated then? Where are those police reports? Where are those statements from campus administrators, campus security, G.I. Joe, the cast from Lost, Sarah Palin, hell SOMEBODY, but no there's not one because I did not go to all of their games. It's a ridiculous accusation and Susana Martinez is just as stupid for proceeding with a case when she knew full well it wasn't true.

Perjury is a crime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 27 min katrina 146,129
News LA County leaders approve millions for legal fu... 50 min katrina 15
News Ann Coulter's Anti-Semitism Runs Deep (May '16) 58 min katrina 288
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 1 hr katrina 7,089
News No ban, no wall, no silence in Pittsburgh 2 hr Trumpsajoke 72
Trump has failed the American People. Impeachm... 5 hr Rico from East Lo... 12
News How the Democrats Lost Their Way on Immigration 15 hr spytheweb 20
More from around the web