Tens of thousands set to rally for im...

Tens of thousands set to rally for immigration bill

There are 79 comments on the The Daily Tribune story from Apr 10, 2013, titled Tens of thousands set to rally for immigration bill. In it, The Daily Tribune reports that:

Tens of thousands of immigrants and their supporters are scheduled to rally outside the Capitol on Wednesday as lawmakers inside prepare to unveil the biggest immigration bill in a generation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Tribune.

Magadala

United States

#21 Apr 10, 2013
Con Todo wrote:
Sure Mags, stand over there in that little bitty corner of the sidewalk along with the shite, er I mean white, supremacists, birfoons, and the gun nuts strapped for action (they hope). There will probably be about a dozen of you, and the cops can protect you.
There will be tens of thousands of illegals and their supporters. LOL
Yeah, LOL is right!!!! And illegal aliens you WILL STAY, WATCH!!!

Amazing how you oppressed people ALWAYS have the strength to pull the race card out!!!
YOUR CALLING ME A "WHITE, SUPREMACISTS" was my guffaw of the day!!! Trust me! THERE IS NO MISTAKING, I AM A VISIBLE MINORITY!!! QUITE SO!!! You guys are so stupid! They more you try to justify your "cause" the more stupid you sound!!! White Supremacist indeed!!! Next time try tax paying VOTING American!!!
immigraniada

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Apr 10, 2013
Magadala

United States

#23 Apr 10, 2013
illegal alien wrote:
Yeah, reform is coming, thanks Mr.Obama. And all the senators who make this happend.
We promise to work harder and pay taxes and raise our children here. No more fear and living in the shadow.
What dream world are you in "homes"?!!! Your life ain't gonna be much better than it already is!!!! THERE ARE NO JOBS BEYOND THE SERVICE JOBS YOU ILLEGAL ALIENS ARE ALREADY DOMINATING!!! YOU HAVE ALREADY DRIVEN DOWN WAGES IN THOSE INDUSTRIES!!! ARE YOU KIDDING? RAISING KIDS ON ONE SALARY!!!! Oh, and the taxes will be piddly because of the kinds of jobs you will/may qualify for!

Yeah! The biggest shock for you illegal aliens is that you have already ruined that which you sought. You were a locust plague instead of an organized trickle...and, there ain't nothing left!
potter

San Francisco, CA

#24 Apr 10, 2013
I will be very happy to see these hardworking people get their legal status and eventually citizenship in the coming months. I know a lot of them and they are really hardworking people.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#25 Apr 10, 2013
Magadala wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, LOL is right!!!! And illegal aliens you WILL STAY, WATCH!!!
Amazing how you oppressed people ALWAYS have the strength to pull the race card out!!!
YOUR CALLING ME A "WHITE, SUPREMACISTS" was my guffaw of the day!!! Trust me! THERE IS NO MISTAKING, I AM A VISIBLE MINORITY!!! QUITE SO!!! You guys are so stupid! They more you try to justify your "cause" the more stupid you sound!!! White Supremacist indeed!!! Next time try tax paying VOTING American!!!
Being a "visable minority" doesn't make being a parrot for the hateful lies of white supremacists any better. There is no such thing as a "race card," no person is "illegal," and if you truly are a "visable minority" the hate groups feeding you the pack of lies you've swallowed look down on you just as much as they do immigrants.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#26 Apr 10, 2013
Magadala wrote:
<quoted text>
What dream world are you in "homes"?!!! Your life ain't gonna be much better than it already is!!!! THERE ARE NO JOBS BEYOND THE SERVICE JOBS YOU ILLEGAL ALIENS ARE ALREADY DOMINATING!!! YOU HAVE ALREADY DRIVEN DOWN WAGES IN THOSE INDUSTRIES!!! ARE YOU KIDDING? RAISING KIDS ON ONE SALARY!!!! Oh, and the taxes will be piddly because of the kinds of jobs you will/may qualify for!
Yeah! The biggest shock for you illegal aliens is that you have already ruined that which you sought. You were a locust plague instead of an organized trickle...and, there ain't nothing left!
Great, a "visible minority" who spouts KKK talking points, just what the world needs. Undocumented immigrants "dominate" those industries because they're being exploited, and you act like they've got it great. Not only are their taxes not "piddly" when there's barely enough to feed your kids, but they frequently pay into Social Security, when they'll never get benefits.
No, they are NOT "locusts," they are human beings...immigrants, like most Americans. There is no "organized trickle," because our immigration system is completely wrecked. There was universal support for significant reform, until hate groups started shoveling the same lies and bigoted trash you're shoveling here, and suddenly the reform that was needed was turned into "amnesty" and the far right went for the votes and bucks of wealthy white male rednecks. Fortunately, they're realizing they're gutting the future of their party and coming back into the discussion--for the wrong reasons, but doing the right thing for the wrong reason isn't as bad as it could be.

And by the way..."ain't nothing left"? Are you kidding? This is the wealthiest nation in human history. You truly are out of touch with reality. Just because most of our wealth is being hoarded by what's become recognized as the 1% doesn't mean we don't have the resources to meet our responsibilities as a nation. We just refuse to do so, and greed is the reason.
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#27 Apr 10, 2013
I just watched the rally on the news. They spoke in Spanish, yup, that will assure you to the path. Most of the illegals attending seriously looked like the natives and the migrant poor. I got sick when the MC announced the rally in Spanish, in a loud and aggressive way, stating, we NEED THIS NOW.... We need reform NOW... Not when the border is secure, not when the crowd has passed background checksm and English requirement's. But NOW.... it almost made me puke. You would have thought you were in Mexico City, oh but they'd never be screaming demands from their Country. I hope like hell some House and Senate Reps watched it. Gross......

Since: Jan 13

San Francisco, CA

#28 Apr 10, 2013
ronnie wrote:
I just watched the rally on the news. They spoke in Spanish, yup, that will assure you to the path. Most of the illegals attending seriously looked like the natives and the migrant poor. I got sick when the MC announced the rally in Spanish, in a loud and aggressive way, stating, we NEED THIS NOW.... We need reform NOW... Not when the border is secure, not when the crowd has passed background checksm and English requirement's. But NOW.... it almost made me puke. You would have thought you were in Mexico City, oh but they'd never be screaming demands from their Country. I hope like hell some House and Senate Reps watched it. Gross......
Your face wants to make me puke... Gross...
Chris

Irving, TX

#29 Apr 10, 2013
Why are their protest signs in Spanish? WTF?
Chris

Irving, TX

#30 Apr 10, 2013
Also, they will turn the US into a dump like Mexico in 50 years. Then the illegals will be sneaking into Canada.
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#31 Apr 10, 2013
Yes !!! they already have turned California into a dump. They are constantly fining them for parking their low riders on the lawns. The filth alone is reason not to allow them in. You cannot drink water in Mexico or you'll puke for weeks. You'll see this Country tank fiscally and morally if they let even the lied number of 12 million in. They are thieves and low lifes.
Kizzy

Miami, FL

#32 Apr 10, 2013
What if the native americans had stopped others from coming to the US.
Most Americans are immigrants - give others a chance too
Chris

Irving, TX

#33 Apr 10, 2013
ronnie wrote:
Yes !!! they already have turned California into a dump. They are constantly fining them for parking their low riders on the lawns. The filth alone is reason not to allow them in. You cannot drink water in Mexico or you'll puke for weeks. You'll see this Country tank fiscally and morally if they let even the lied number of 12 million in. They are thieves and low lifes.
I'm in Texas and parts of it already look like Mexico. People selling stuff in push-carts, loud Mexican music blasting, 10 people living in a single house, etc. It's already horrible.
Chris

Irving, TX

#34 Apr 10, 2013
Kizzy wrote:
What if the native americans had stopped others from coming to the US.
Most Americans are immigrants - give others a chance too
Yes, BUT when the Native Americans had controlled what is now the United States, the whole area was undeveloped. There was nothing.

It's taken us over 200 years to build the infrastructure and society that we enjoy today.

I have nothing against legal immigration. I am a naturalized citizen myself, who went through the multi-year LEGAL process of becoming a US citizen. These people are jumping the line and bringing a disproportionate number of uneducated people from one particular country.
Juan

Lodi, CA

#35 Apr 10, 2013
Hold you're ground!!! Hold! Hold!!!!
potter

San Francisco, CA

#36 Apr 10, 2013
Juan wrote:
Hold you're ground!!! Hold! Hold!!!!
Juan please hire these people who are against imm. reform . Give them a job in your electrical business and give them a good salary.
as the stomach turns

Crossville, TN

#37 Apr 10, 2013
Did I hear anyone say "Native American"? When did we as a society say it is o.k. to get out of line and go straight to the front? Several months ago I stopped at a building that had a sign that said "Catholic Ministries" in Spanish. I stopped to drop off pro-life literature in Spanish. The door was open so I went in. What did I encounter? Seventy illegals engaged in an organized meeting on how to get false documents. I do not have the physical appearance of a Latino. All eyes were on me. One of the leaders escorted me out of the building and began interrogating me with these questions, "who sent me, what did I want, and on and on." Did I become fearful of my well being? Yes! I, like many Americans are a mixture of many nationalities. My dad was 3/4 Native American and my mom's family was Scotch, Irish and English. All four of my husband's grandparents immigrated to the U.S.
Isn't it a more humane response to help people in the country where they reside?
Several years ago a friend who was a single mom left her two children at home while she was at work. The children told me how they were supposed to hide if anyone came to the door and to not turn on the t.v. or make any sounds. My heart went out to these two young children and to their mom. Living in fear is awful. All of these children who were brought to this country illegally have experienced the same fear that my friend's two children felt.

Harry

Marietta, GA

#38 Apr 11, 2013
potter wrote:
I will be very happy to see these hardworking people get their legal status and eventually citizenship in the coming months. I know a lot of them and they are really hardworking people.
We need more "people" that are skilled at math and science, we have too many cholo's, and now Mc donalds will have to pay union scale. A burger and fries will cost $10,000.00 pesos!
Harry

Marietta, GA

#39 Apr 11, 2013
Juan wrote:
Hold you're ground!!! Hold! Hold!!!!
Why does ElSALVADOR STINK LIKE ROTTEN RICE AND BEANS?

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#40 Apr 11, 2013
How is that possible if they are working a job? Can they really afford to risk losing it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 14 min Sharrp Shooter 11,320
News ICE Director Confirms Significant Increase in W... 2 hr Team Kelly 8
News In Trump country, Russia scandal doesn't resonate 4 hr NoRules 26
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 5 hr Quirky 147,635
News Democrats Drop Congeniality as They Fire Away a... 7 hr Noe 50
News Trump's popularity is slipping in rural America... 12 hr Katrina 519
News Trump Must Keep His Promise: Repeal DACA 15 hr Corky 270
More from around the web