Obamacare: Californians will pay 10th highest rates in country under health exchange

Sep 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Daily Democrat

TOPSHOTS US President Barack Obama listens to President Michel Sleiman of Lebanon speaking to the media before a bilateral meeting on the sideline of the 68th United Nations General Assembly at the UN in New York on September 24, 2013.

Comments (Page 75)

Showing posts 1,481 - 1,500 of3,808
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1551
Dec 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
Democrats want to get through the elections in hopes of gaining in the House and keeping the Senate because they know after the exemptions run out for Oblamer-Kare they won't see the inside of the White House as the ruling party for some time.
The present incarnation of the Republicans long ago gave up on ever holding the White House. They are starting to cut the teabaggers off, but that will still haunt them for several election cycles.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1552
Dec 15, 2013
 
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
Democrats want to get through the elections in hopes of gaining in the House .
Let's see...

The Republicans have had control of the House for two years (and change) and they were so concerned about unemployment they passed the same bill close to fifty times knowing it had no chance of passing.

The public approval rating is 6 percent.

I would say the Democrats will not have problems getting past the negative rating since most members are REpublicans.

Their problem would be overcoming the gerrymandering installed by Republican state houses over the last twenty years.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1553
Dec 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

truth facts wrote:
<quoted text>The many you speak of have signed up for medicaid.Which they should have done from the start,expand medicaid,leave everyone else alone.Oh we are all racist I forgot because we wont support redistribution or Bozo's policies.You look at the tax returns of conservatives and then look at the tax returns of libturds.You will see by a landslide that conservatives give 10 to 1 what libturds give.It's a false narrative that conservatives do not care.
No, you clearly don't even know or care what I'm "speaking of," fool. Private health insurance obtained through the ACA is generally cheaper and covers individuals better. Those are the facts.

Babbling about "Obozo" [sic] and "racism" only makes you look like a blithering idiot.
truth facts

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1554
Dec 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you clearly don't even know or care what I'm "speaking of," fool. Private health insurance obtained through the ACA is generally cheaper and covers individuals better. Those are the facts.
Babbling about "Obozo" [sic] and "racism" only makes you look like a blithering idiot.
Generally cheaper for who?Extremely high deductibles,co-pays plus the so-called low premiums you speak of.Insurance is one thing,finding a doctor will be another,finding a hospital will be a treat.They've waved a shiny object in front of your face and you think it's the greatest thing since sliced cheese.I guess that why millions upon millions have signed up,right?I guess that why out of all the current "enrollments" 80% are for medicaid. I guess that's why the payment system on the back end of the system isn't finished so no money has been paid.I'll pay you on Tuesday for a hamburger today.It is a complete waste of time to try to talk to idiot libturds.You been sold a lemon,your just to stupid to realize it.Keep your dream and hope and change.
truth facts

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1555
Dec 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that you have an off-putting manor that one can tell that you are full of cr@p within the first sentence, and it doesn't get better as you drone on?
Putting aside your alias which identifies you as a liar before make your first peep.
This coming from the master liar. You don't do nothing for me.You think that you can insult me and it bothers me. Newsflash,I'm not going now where. I will be here in three months as a point to prove to you libturd morons that you've been played by the greatest used car salesman to hold the office of potus.He is a liar,your party are scumbags and have betrayed all.Your master has no credibility.He's a clown.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1556
Dec 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

truth facts wrote:
<quoted text>Generally cheaper for who?Extremely high deductibles,co-pays plus the so-called low premiums you speak of.Insurance is one thing,finding a doctor will be another,finding a hospital will be a treat.They've waved a shiny object in front of your face and you think it's the greatest thing since sliced cheese.I guess that why millions upon millions have signed up,right?I guess that why out of all the current "enrollments" 80% are for medicaid. I guess that's why the payment system on the back end of the system isn't finished so no money has been paid.I'll pay you on Tuesday for a hamburger today.It is a complete waste of time to try to talk to idiot libturds.You been sold a lemon,your just to stupid to realize it.Keep your dream and hope and change.
Cheaper for who? Everybody who actually bought s policy.

I don't know what you are jabbering on about payment systems. These privately owned insurance companies have been in business a long time. They know how to bill people.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1557
Dec 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

barefoot2626 wrote:
A tiny minority had insurance policies cancelled (and health insurance is no different than the car insurance polices required in every state (save one)): there are minimum requirements or it isn't insurance.
It's like if Federal law makes all our insurance plans invalid because they don't cover preexisting conditions, like trying to get insurance after your car's crashed.
Brad

Hebron, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1559
Dec 16, 2013
 
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>It's like if Federal law makes all our insurance plans invalid because they don't cover preexisting conditions, like trying to get insurance after your car's crashed.
Or,,,,,,,,

You have a junk car in your yard sitting for a couple years because its smashed to bits and doesn't run.

Is that a pre-existing condition?
If so,should Allstate have to insure that car and foot the bill to make it road worthy again?

Then,tens of millions of people enter into a policy with the same scenario,do everyones rates go down or up?

Who in this world offers MORE for LESS?
treddlesal

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1560
Dec 16, 2013
 
Ya'all Bitchin' Me!
truth facts

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1561
Dec 16, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheaper for who? Everybody who actually bought s policy.
I don't know what you are jabbering on about payment systems. These privately owned insurance companies have been in business a long time. They know how to bill people.
It's a waste of time even talking to you.Or trying to talk to any of you turds.Com mon sense,let me say that again,Common sense says you can't add all that crap to policies and make it cheaper for people.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1562
Dec 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>It's like if Federal law makes all our insurance plans invalid because they don't cover preexisting conditions, like trying to get insurance after your car's crashed.
It's like an insurance company not offering you insurance because you're Irish and we all know Irish are drunkards.

Brian_McGee...

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1563
Dec 16, 2013
 
Brad wrote:
You have a junk car in your yard sitting for a couple years because its smashed to bits and doesn't run.
The insurance company finds out your grandfather died from cancer and puts you on a list and you cannot get insurance at all.

You are pre disposed to risk.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1564
Dec 16, 2013
 
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>It's like if Federal law makes all our insurance plans invalid because they don't cover preexisting conditions, like trying to get insurance after your car's crashed.
Federal law already requires all group insurance plans to cover pre-existing conditions. This covers the 80% of the population that has a group plan. Nobody has ever complained about this before.

5% of the population buys insurance on the individual market and unfortunately there is a loop-hole that does allow the insurance companies to bar people who have a pre-existing condition from ever buying insurance.

Most people think it is better to remove the loophole, but you seem to think it is better to screw over the other 80% of the population.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1566
Dec 16, 2013
 
Hey when obozo was out promoting obozoscam he should have used the fake a## interpreter from africa.Would have been picture perfect.The interpreter was a fraud and so is obozoscam.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1567
Dec 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

truth facts wrote:
<quoted text>Generally cheaper for who?Extremely high deductibles,co-pays plus the so-called low premiums you speak of.Insurance is one thing,finding a doctor will be another,finding a hospital will be a treat.They've waved a shiny object in front of your face and you think it's the greatest thing since sliced cheese.I guess that why millions upon millions have signed up,right?I guess that why out of all the current "enrollments" 80% are for medicaid. I guess that's why the payment system on the back end of the system isn't finished so no money has been paid.I'll pay you on Tuesday for a hamburger today.It is a complete waste of time to try to talk to idiot libturds.You been sold a lemon,your just to stupid to realize it.Keep your dream and hope and change.
Nonsensical, no facts of any kind. A real 'bagger post, to be sure. You hate Obama therefore you hate Obamacare therefore it's bad. You have no reason for your idiot hatreds and worthless opinions. "Libturds" is all you can say, and it makes you a laughing-stock, punk.

Dismissed.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1568
Dec 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>It's like if Federal law makes all our insurance plans invalid because they don't cover preexisting conditions, like trying to get insurance after your car's crashed.
So to you, Brainless, that means it's the GOVERNMENT's fault instead of the insurance companies?

LOL...typically moronic.
Level 5

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1569
Dec 16, 2013
 
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Federal law already requires all group insurance plans to cover pre-existing conditions. This covers the 80% of the population that has a group plan. Nobody has ever complained about this before.
5% of the population buys insurance on the individual market and unfortunately there is a loop-hole that does allow the insurance companies to bar people who have a pre-existing condition from ever buying insurance.
Most people think it is better to remove the loophole, but you seem to think it is better to screw over the other 80% of the population.
Based on your percentages, if 80% of the population already has insurance "group plan" - pre-existing conditions are covered, that leaves 20% of the population who doesn't belong to a group plan. Then 5% of the remaining 20% purchases on the open market (with pre-existing conditions not covered) where are you getting the 80% are 'screwed over'%?

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1570
Dec 16, 2013
 
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
So to you, Brainless, that means it's the GOVERNMENT's fault instead of the insurance companies?
LOL...typically moronic.
Denying governments role in Obama's MASSIVE debacle in this health care issue borders on delusional..... Or progressively rabid.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1571
Dec 16, 2013
 
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsensical, no facts of any kind. A real 'bagger post, to be sure. You hate Obama therefore you hate Obamacare therefore it's bad. You have no reason for your idiot hatreds and worthless opinions. "Libturds" is all you can say, and it makes you a laughing-stock, punk.
Dismissed.
Don't listen or read my "opinions" if you hate them and definitely don't reply to them.I could give a sht less.You have your thoughts,I've got mine,free country,oh that's right,libturds only believe that their opinions are the only ones that matter and anyone who has a problem with their master is a racist.You will get your proof soon enough turd.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1572
Dec 16, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Denying governments role in Obama's MASSIVE debacle in this health care issue borders on delusional..... Or progressively rabid.
The "massive debacle" is all in the minds (to use the term loosely) of the fanatical, partisan Right.

In fact the ACA is an improvement on the current system, though not as good as a nationwide single-payer system would be.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,481 - 1,500 of3,808
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••