Obamacare: Californians will pay 10th...

Obamacare: Californians will pay 10th highest rates in country under health exchange

There are 3805 comments on the The Daily Democrat story from Sep 26, 2013, titled Obamacare: Californians will pay 10th highest rates in country under health exchange. In it, The Daily Democrat reports that:

TOPSHOTS US President Barack Obama listens to President Michel Sleiman of Lebanon speaking to the media before a bilateral meeting on the sideline of the 68th United Nations General Assembly at the UN in New York on September 24, 2013.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Democrat.

Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#2205 Jan 17, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't keep track of your own posts let alone mine. I simply called you out on your ever changing gender and suddenly you were screaming "homophobe" for no apparent reason. I assumed that was your coming out, but in hindsight it is quite possible that you did not even understand what the word meant.
Why would I need a visa for China? If you followed my posts you would know I own a home and businesses there and have permanent resident status.
LOL in your dreams. I have to remember to put my boots on next time I read one of your posts.
Memo From Turner

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#2206 Jan 17, 2014
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL in your dreams. I have to remember to put my boots on next time I read one of your posts.
Ma'am that made no sense.
Sean

Minneapolis, MN

#2207 Jan 17, 2014
Hey we are doing a survey on health insurance companies. Can you please take it? It's on 4 major health insurance companies and it's very short:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/B9HRB2R

Thanks
fingiswold

Chagrin Falls, OH

#2208 Jan 17, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Honey, I am retired. I have worked from 16 until three years ago. I was brought up in a family that had a work ethic and we instilled the same ethic in our own children. Never once, did we sit on our thumbs expecting a hand-out. I earned my free time. One thing I don't do, is sit on these threads waiting to pounce on people with whom I disagree. When I worked, I never got on the computer while "on company time". Next...
...an' I worked27 hours a day in the steel mill, and walked every day to school through a blizzard...uphill...BOTH ways...

LOL

Funny stuff, geezer.:)
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#2209 Jan 17, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ma'am that made no sense.
of course it makes no sense to you, we've all been trying to tell you you're clueless to anything going on including comprehension of peoples' comments. Do you understand this??

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2210 Jan 17, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
A picture of a letter on White House stationary in Lincoln's handwriting is more proof that he wrote the letter than the proof that you have which so far is no proof to any letter anywhere written by Lincoln by anyone.
Stop wasting the people's time here.
If you have no proof (and you have no proof): STFU.
Woodtick57 You need to stop wasting the peoples time here with the nonsense that you continuously post daily which you have proven and those links have been posted over and over with the proof and you want to ignore the proof and again you need to stop wasting the peoples time here and STFU and take your own advice but no you just want to prove that are the bigot that you are.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#2211 Jan 18, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Woodtick57 You need to stop wasting the peoples time here with the nonsense that you continuously post daily which you have proven and those links have been posted over and over with the proof and you want to ignore the proof and again you need to stop wasting the peoples time here and STFU and take your own advice but no you just want to prove that are the bigot that you are.
I smell a frito bandito on this thread. Do you?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2213 Jan 18, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
...an' I worked27 hours a day in the steel mill, and walked every day to school through a blizzard...uphill...BOTH ways...
LOL
You forgot having to chop the firewood before leaving for work.
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#2214 Jan 18, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I smell a frito bandito on this thread. Do you?
you got that right, Posi ! LOL !

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#2215 Jan 18, 2014
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti wrote:
<quoted text> you got that right, Posi ! LOL !
You bet I do. Nothing gets by me. I just let them think they get one by. I am a free traveler in the vastness of cyberspace.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2216 Jan 23, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I am not a "geezer" just yet, and I can probably run circles around you. I did have to walk to school in a snowstorm when the buses (which were not free) were not running because of the depth of the snow. When I got to school, soaking wet, the powers that be decided to close. Luckily, the streets were plowed by that time, and I managed to ride the bus home. FYI: My longest stint was working in the trenches at the local school. Nice try at humor, but you failed, nonetheless.
Guess Who

Des Moines, IA

#2217 Jan 25, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If they were provided once, you would have them here instead of an excuse for why you don't.
Wipe your chin, AnalButter.
Hard to find links to things that don't exist, eh?
Hey your cheeks are puffed out like a squirrel with a mouth full of nuts. Maybe you should go spit!!! Your jaw cramp is obvious!!! BOY!!!
Guess Who

Des Moines, IA

#2218 Jan 25, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which explains why you don't know, honey.
I do do my research, Shug: that is why I'm not the one with my panties around my ankles.
No you have your shorts around your ankles and mayo running down to your ankles you miserable friggin boy girl!!! You are the incredible fat azz black hole!!! Many a young man has fallen into your abyss never to be seen again. You black sow of a man!!! Now wipe your azz off shug!!!
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#2219 Jan 27, 2014
California: Only One-Third Have Regained Insurance Lost Through Obamacare
312 8 259 0

----------

Send a Tip by Joel B. Pollak 27 Jan 2014, 5:00 AM PDT 673post a comment California has long been the flagship for Obamacare. It was targeted last fall by President Barack Obama's own activist group, Organizing for Action, for precisely that reason: given the strength of their volunteer efforts, they hoped the state could be a symbol for the success of Obamacare as a whole.
That is one reason that there is so much loud cheering by the media's left-wing commentators every time Covered California, the state's Obamacare program, announces that it has achieved something, no matter how modest--or how exaggerated.

Yet many of Covered California's "successes" are only relative to the failure of the program as a whole, and most of them are overblown. For example, on the day Obamacare enrollment started, Covered California reported that it had received 5 million web hits. In fact, however, it had received only 645,000--roughly 10% of what was initially reported.

The latest version of such inflation is Covered California's jubilant announcement last week that "500,108 Californians enrolled for health insurance and selected plans through the end of 2013."

That was cause for jubilation by Ezra Klein--from the start, one of Obamcare's chief media pitchmen--and Evan Soltas in the Washington Post, who celebrated California's achievement of "424,396" enrollments. As John McCormack of the Weekly Standard notes, Klein and Soltas are only counting those eligible for Obamacare subsidies, not the total number who enrolled.

But there is a further problem: California refuses to say, or cannot say, how many of those have actually paid for their insurance, meaning we do not know the actual number.

It gets worse--much worse.

By the end of October, the executive director of California's Obamacare exchange confirmed that up to 900,000 people in the state would lose their current health insurance by the end of 2013--not including those who may lose it through their workplaces in 2014. Many of those are among the 500,000 or so who signed up for Obamacare through Covered California by the end of 2013--about 330,000, according to McCormack. That also means that only about 200,000 previously uninsured people signed up for Obamacare.

As for the other 600,000 or so, no one know what happened to them--they are just uninsured. The state refused to participate in President Barack Obama's proposed "fix" for those who had their policies canceled.

So roughly three times as many people have lost insurance as have gained it. That is what the left now defines as "success." The rest of the country is presumably meant to take heart from the fact that California's performance highlights the best-case scenario for Obamacare. And there are other problems--a boycott by Calfornia doctors, for one.

Klein and Soltas at least have the presence of mind not to go as far as Covered California and claim 1.2 million people in the state signed up for expanded Medicaid through Obamacare. Half of those were simply transferred into the program by bureaucrats, and the other half signed up for Medi-Cal during the period of Obamacare enrollment, but not necessarily because of it.

Covered California claims its numbers show "continued vigor in the new insurance marketplace." Much more of such "vigor," and the state's insurance industry will be dead.

Still a TRAIN WRECK

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2220 Jan 27, 2014
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>No you have your shorts around your ankles
Your fantasies aside, I am not for you, my queer little fellah.

I can fix you up with someone in Boulder as soon as he finishes the line of customers running along the stall doors.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#2221 Jan 30, 2014
California spends $1.37M on ObamaCare web stream featuring Richard Simmons
That video was a complete joke and an embarrassment,just like the King's law.A complete joke and embarrassment.
Memo From Turner

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#2222 Jan 30, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
California spends $1.37M on ObamaCare web stream featuring Richard Simmons
That video was a complete joke and an embarrassment,just like the King's law.A complete joke and embarrassment.
The insurance industry spent over $200M last year fighting the ACA.

I used my ACA insurance last week. It worked like a charm.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#2223 Jan 30, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
The insurance industry spent over $200M last year fighting the ACA.
I used my ACA insurance last week. It worked like a charm.
They've spent over 600 million on a computer system that is still not functioning properly.Oregon has spent over 200 million on their computer system and it's a bust.Dem's are running from Obozo.Oh yeah things are running smoothly,LOL.
Memo From Turner

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#2224 Jan 30, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>They've spent over 600 million on a computer system that is still not functioning properly.Oregon has spent over 200 million on their computer system and it's a bust.Dem's are running from Obozo.Oh yeah things are running smoothly,LOL.
Oh yea. The CB estimated it would cost $5B to do it properly, but for some reason Congress only authorized $600M.

That shows why the right wing is full of it. Their stated goal was to destroy the law and they did everything they could to accomplish this. They have failed and now they are only left with complaining about the problems they created themselves.
truth facts

Delaware, OH

#2225 Jan 30, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yea. The CB estimated it would cost $5B to do it properly, but for some reason Congress only authorized $600M.
That shows why the right wing is full of it. Their stated goal was to destroy the law and they did everything they could to accomplish this. They have failed and now they are only left with complaining about the problems they created themselves.
Oh yeah that's right blame the republicrats for Obozo's failure. You libturds can never take responsibility for nothing. Obozoscam is ALL dummycrap.Remember,dummycraps 'You did build this"it's 100% your baby.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 6 min Just Think 14,685
News Amnesty Groups Fight to Hide California Gang Da... 15 min tomin cali 1
News California prepares to fight Trump on immigrati... 1 hr tomin cali 6
News Paul Ryan Says U.S. Will Not Wall Off Entire Me... 2 hr inbred Genius 25
News Ann Coulter, Sarah Palin Already Mad at Donald ... 4 hr Manure Storm 12
News Trump would deport children of illegal immigrants (Aug '15) 6 hr Juan 695
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? 7 hr Quirky 66
More from around the web