What does a 'secure' border look like?

What does a 'secure' border look like?

There are 57 comments on the Reno Gazette-Journal story from Feb 23, 2013, titled What does a 'secure' border look like?. In it, Reno Gazette-Journal reports that:

U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano speaks in the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Office of Air and Marine hangar in El Paso, Texas, on immigration and border security, Tuesday, Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reno Gazette-Journal.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#42 Feb 24, 2013
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2012/12/new-con...

our gov knows all about this.

if you have checked before read some of the stuff these folks report and get a better insight as to what we are dealing with coming here,we know they do not wear signs so all illegal aliens need to be suspect.
DJ Jessy Fresh

El Paso, TX

#44 Apr 17, 2013
tomin cali wrote:
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/ 2012/12/new-concerns-for-presi dent-pena-nieto.html
our gov knows all about this.
if you have checked before read some of the stuff these folks report and get a better insight as to what we are dealing with coming here,we know they do not wear signs so all illegal aliens need to be suspect.
I suspect your momma's culo isn't very secure. look in the mirror and see what it laid.
Steve

United States

#45 Apr 18, 2013
Suadela wrote:
This article is a good read. It takes into account many different views of people who live in the border states.
I particularly liked Sheriff Tony Estrada's (from Nog.ales,Ariz.)viewpoint, where is stated that the border can not be completely sealed, but contained and that the problem is not only the car.tels but the American demand for dr.ugs. Which I believe to be true.
There is a lot of interesting points in this article.
Also,as Marco R.ubio stated, " We need a responsible/permanent solutions", "We must follow through on the broken promises of the past to secure the border".,,, and I believe that also.
Illegal Immigration is a huge problem and if we do not get a firm hold/control of the situation we will continue to see the same and the worst is yet to come.
Rubio comes from a state that does not have an illegal alien problem because "refugee status" accorded to Cubans makes each one legal the moment he sets foot on our shores. We've heard too many ignoramuses, now it's time for the truth.

The only solution to illegal immigration is deportation. That's what the law says, and that's the way it is. Anything less than deportation is amnesty, and that just adds fuel to the fire.

Location hidden

#46 Apr 18, 2013
there is no reason not to secure the borders tight as can be,unless those in office do not want to stop the flow. looks like they would just straight up say so instead of crying it can't be done.

we know it can be sealed if we wanted to be putting an all out effort.

Marco Rubio Ignoramus

United States

#47 Apr 18, 2013
In case you missed the point in Post #45, above, Marco Rubio is a dangerous, ambitious politician with less than normal intelligence.

The Democrats are promoting hims as the next GOP candidate to ensure that the GOP loses against Hillary in 2016.
JWRussell USRN

El Paso, TX

#49 Apr 18, 2013
tomin cali wrote:
there is no reason not to secure the borders tight as can be,unless those in office do not want to stop the flow. looks like they would just straight up say so instead of crying it can't be done.
we know it can be sealed if we wanted to be putting an all out effort.
We need to find a way to have it certified. No more loose lips or empty promises. Don't forget the President came to El Paso and pledged his support for this.
General Zapata

Charlottesville, VA

#50 Apr 18, 2013
I Think wrote:
<quoted text> I think a secure border should look like the Great Wall of China it worked for them a few years back and it worked pretty well in keeping the rif raf out of their country. Thats is why their #1 in the world in economics and the USA owes them after Obama is done 949 trillion dollars
When the Mongols decided to invade China, they didn't attack the Great Wall, they merely bribed the guards to let them thru. It worked.

The largest number of those arrested for drug smuggling into the US are Americans, most with BP accomplices.
D m z style

Fort Davis, TX

#51 Apr 18, 2013
If we secured the Mexican border
Like we did the 38th parallel,
We wouldn't be dealing with this crap...
DJ Jessy Fresh

United States

#53 Apr 18, 2013
D m z style wrote:
STFU pendejo. Then we couldn't vacation at all their beautiful citys and beach resorts and it would leave the door open for russia,iran,nkorea and everybody that hates americaca to come into Mexico and set up bases. So if your educated in americaca you need to Stfu.
D m z style

Fort Davis, TX

#54 Apr 18, 2013
DJ Jessy Fresh wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU pendejo. Then we couldn't vacation at all their beautiful citys and beach resorts and it would leave the door open for russia,iran,nkorea and everybody that hates americaca to come into Mexico and set up bases. So if your educated in americaca you need to Stfu.
YOU are the crap I'm referencing
Lloyd Bonafide USNR

El Paso, TX

#55 Apr 18, 2013
D m z style wrote:
I fought in that war and we did one hell of a number on those godless Koreans. We need some old fashioned discipline and morals once again in this country like we had back then.
DJ Jessy Fresh

El Paso, TX

#56 Apr 18, 2013
Lloyd Bonafide USNR wrote:
<quoted text>
I fought in that war and we did one hell of a number on those godless Koreans. We need some old fashioned discipline and morals once again in this country like we had back then.
you lost that police action pendejo. it was no war.
D m z style

Fort Davis, TX

#57 Apr 18, 2013
DJ Jessy Fresh wrote:
<quoted text>
you lost that police action pendejo. it was no war.
For some of us,
It continues,

You tube
ABC News. Fort Hancock, Texas Broken border

And still without a fence,
Apprehending drug thugs nightly....

Appreciate some dogfacea who know how to close a border to come and vacation,.......
spocko

Oakland, CA

#58 Apr 18, 2013
The myth of a secure border.
"What do you mean I'm out of money?" says the bumper sticker. "I still have checks left!" In the immigration debate, some folks use the same logic to raise the issue of border security. "What do you mean the border is secure?" they seem to say. "We still have illegal immigrants in the United States." For some Americans, like Marco Rubio, a complicated issue really is that simple. They'll never be convinced that the U.S.-Mexico border is totally secure as long as the phenomenon of illegal immigration continues, and they'll use their contention that the border isn't secure as a convenient excuse to oppose comprehensive immigration reform that includes earned legal status for the undocumented. That's not fair. It's kind of like liberal Democrats saying they'll support tax cuts -- as soon as we end poverty in the United States. It's a way of getting out of doing something you don't want to do. Opponents of reform should put their cards on the table and list the real reasons they object to the idea of allowing illegal immigrants to remain in the United States. My guess is that "because the border isn't secure" wouldn't make the top 10.
Cat74

United States

#59 Apr 18, 2013
A secure border would have armed military personnel every 50 feet with permission to shot anyone crossing the border at anything but an authorized Entry where their papers could be carefully checked. We have work visas they could use, but we can no longer throw open the borders for people who hate us, and hate this country.

Location hidden

#61 Apr 18, 2013
JWRussell USRN wrote:
<quoted text>
We need to find a way to have it certified. No more loose lips or empty promises. Don't forget the President came to El Paso and pledged his support for this.
too bad we cannot lock all those in office who have failed to do their sworn duty.

they are to protect all states from invasion,yet all have failed and never charged.
DJ JESSY FRESH

Mesa, AZ

#63 Apr 18, 2013
DJ Jessy Fresh wrote:
<quoted text>
who am i to talk,
besides, i never enlisted,
i'm too SCARED
sorry, i'm just a coward by nature, besides if war was to come here
i'll RUN TO MEXICO
and i'll take my food stamps with me
besides, i don't like to work,
since i started to take the kids food stamps
RLOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rural America Braces for Labor Shortages After ... 7 min Dr Rico 59
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 10 min Quirky 147,205
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 48 min VorenusI 9,672
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 1 hr Rico from East Lo... 1,431
News Arpaio pardon would refute key theme in immigra... 1 hr Rico from East Lo... 29
News Duke Approves - Safe Space' For Illegal Immigrants (Dec '16) 2 hr C Kersey 21
LA made $1.3B in illegal immigrant welfare payo... 2 hr Quirky 54
More from around the web