What does a 'secure' border look like?

What does a 'secure' border look like?

There are 57 comments on the Reno Gazette-Journal story from Feb 23, 2013, titled What does a 'secure' border look like?. In it, Reno Gazette-Journal reports that:

U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano speaks in the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Office of Air and Marine hangar in El Paso, Texas, on immigration and border security, Tuesday, Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reno Gazette-Journal.

ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#22 Feb 23, 2013
Well, all I can say about this. If the border is secure, how come 20 million are here and more sneaking in everyday. They must be coming in 18 wheelers because the border is less rigid???? Not. If you live in any of the Border towns, or you've watched any border wars programs, smuggler's had perfected there ability to bring in thousands under the radar of border patrol. Intell and military proficiency is the only way to get to the root of the newly smuggled in illegals. They don't jump the fence anymore, they come in truck's. Where has Nappy been/
nope to dope

Houston, TX

#23 Feb 23, 2013
What does one look like:

http://tinyurl.com/algryqm

http://tinyurl.com/b6xdmw7

Toss in some really hungry dogs, big poisonous snakes, and land mines and you have a secure border.
Big Money

United States

#24 Feb 23, 2013
Mr Obama tear down this wall!!!!!!!!!!
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#25 Feb 23, 2013
Communist Obama Supporter wrote:
I was in Mexico today and seen a very secure border. What you hear allot of is cheap lazy ranchers who expect the US government to guard their property for free.
Sorry but if they can afford 100's of acres of land then they can afford 100's of security guards also.
Most ranchers would love to guard and protect their properties. If they do, the government and La Ratza bring lawsuits against them, and could possibly lose their property.
DJ Quick

Wilmette, IL

#26 Feb 23, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Most ranchers would love to guard and protect their properties. If they do, the government and La Ratza bring lawsuits against them, and could possibly lose their property.
True and that the problem they face.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#27 Feb 23, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
This is what a secure border looks like:
http://kcinvestmentproperty.files.wordpress.c...
My idea of a secure border is one that won't fall apart when you iron it.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#28 Feb 23, 2013
Big Money wrote:
He can't. You haven't been declared sane yet.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#29 Feb 23, 2013
The border is very secure now. Only a no brained republican racist would suggest otherwise.
You are FOS.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#30 Feb 24, 2013
The border is very secure now. Only a no brained republican racist would suggest otherwise.
Rico, the border will never be secure.
Fed Up Vet

Bowie, MD

#31 Feb 24, 2013
For sure Napolitano doesnÂ’t have a clue what a secure border looks like. She has been called our border secure enough for years.

IMO. The Mexican border will not be secure until the drug cartels file a trade dispute with the WTO for restraint of trade because they cannot get their product into the United States.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#32 Feb 24, 2013
Unreliable Sources wrote:
<quoted text>

LOL!!!!

Youtube?

Yahoo News?

What's Next?

Fox News?

HAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!
Are you one of those "Libs" that bows in front of the TV when this guy comes on"

LOL!!!

Chris Matthews: "I Felt This Thrill Going Up My Leg" As Obama Spoke

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/02/13/chri...

Level 8

#33 Feb 24, 2013
[QUOTE who="Communist Obama Supporter"

Thank GOD Obama is the President and not some pea brained republican who's soft on illegal immigration.

[/QUOTE]

You read much?

by John Hill

Stand With Arizona

The Obama Administration today announced a virtual amnesty-by-decree for hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens, whose deportations will be "indefinitely delayed".

******In addition, Obama finally announced a jobs program - but for ILLEGAL ALIENS, not citizens - as those 300,000 illegals will also become eligible for "work permits".******

This action represents an administrative end-run around Congress, which twice rejected the 'DREAM Act' in 2010. As disgraceful as is this usurpation of Congressional authority, this announcement is even worse than is being reported.

Read rest of story below:

http://standwitharizona.com/blog/2011/08/18/o...

Level 8

#34 Feb 24, 2013
Brian Terry wrote:
only communist want secure borders to keep its people in.
Korea
Russia
China
cuba
tea baggers should move to those countries.

We want no walls or borders. Its human nature to migrate decent human beings have been doing for thousands of years. No you moron tea baggers the earth isn't 6000 yrs old.
Then why do we have immigration laws?
On the front line

Fort Davis, TX

#35 Feb 24, 2013
We, the ranchers on the border, will stack the bodies anywhere you like.

No trespass , none will be tolerated.

The last two shot discovered that.

If the BP is reduced because of obamma economic trap

HE OWNS THE RESULT!
Dickweed

Ames, IA

#36 Feb 24, 2013
amandacares wrote:
I witness what walls do to families and countries. I vote no wall to ever be built. Look at Ireland, Germany, Russia, China where walls divide people, families, ideas of society. Walls create HATE.
I been to Texas and seen the wall and the people who run to FREEDOM. I pray we tear this down and try another solution. Have you ever witness a child hand reaching for her family thru this wall. It breaks my heart to see it. I cried for days after. the sadness it brings to the child and family and humanity. Love your neighbor and your family. The time has come to open the borders and let them come.
Isreal and Gaza have a wall too
Everyone seems happy about that.
nope to dope

Houston, TX

#37 Feb 24, 2013
Big Money wrote:
Are you that clueless? The Berlin Wall that Reagan talked about was one that kept people in a Communist country. The wall we were supposed to build by law is to keep illegal alien invaders out! not keep them in. Get a clue and re-take some of those history classes you obviously didn't learn anything from.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#38 Feb 24, 2013
A secure border:

OUR men.
Wearing OUR boots.
Carrying OUR guns.
Loaded with OUR bullets.
On OUR soil.
Enforcing OUR laws.
With OUR standing orders.

ZERO TOLERANCE.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#39 Feb 24, 2013
My vision............PHALANX GUN EVERY 500 YARDS SET TO KILL ON BOTH NORTH AND SOUTH BORDER.
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#40 Feb 24, 2013
Brian Terry wrote:
only communist want secure borders to keep its people in.
Korea
Russia
China
cuba
tea baggers should move to those countries. We want no walls or borders. Its human nature to migrate decent human beings have been doing for thousands of years. No you moron tea baggers the earth isn't 6000 yrs old.
They're not immigrant's stupid. They didn't come here the way immigrant's come here. What about breaking into your house, stealing your food, and telling you it's okay, I'm immigrating. Get an education Brian. They're mostly stealing citizenship and everyone knows this. They're not allowed to simply break in and take what they please. Americans have always welcomed immigrant's but not Mexican thieves and cheat's. The rule of law must not mean much to you either!!!!!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#41 Feb 24, 2013
Suadela wrote:
<quoted text>
The border needs to be secure,no doubt about it.The question remains ,,, will it/will they secure our border?
Will they ever? To much money exchanging hands,too many people profiting. Because of that I have my doubts it will ever be completely secured. Maybe if a high official in office were to suffer the same crimes committed against the average Joe.
The traitors in our WH,the illegal advocates don't see nor deal with what we are forced to live with on an every day basis,so they don't care to understand the urgency,the importance of keeping these people in check/in their own country and forcing them to obey our laws by going through the proper channels to come here legally and to keeping us safe from their drugs and violent behavior.
our gov fully understands and know what is going on they just don't care. hezbollah is right across our borders as well showing so much as to them even worrying about terrorists coming in throught the south. i think they make too much off the drugs. what we need to do is get out of nafta for starters,it is not just free trade of products as it was supposed to be or what we was all told from the start.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 3 min Frankie Rizzo 874
News The Latest: Obama: Mexican Americans help shape US 12 min serfs up 7
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 46 min positronium 3,534
News Ramadan is the strongest antidote for Islamophobia 55 min Old Pom 8
News Mexican president explains comparing Trump to H... 1 hr LConrad 2
News Corpses of Dead Migrants Plague Rural Texas Cou... 1 hr This is not America 39
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 3 hr quetzalcoatl 141,592
More from around the web