Fleeing Drug Violence, Mexicans Pour ...

Fleeing Drug Violence, Mexicans Pour Into U.S.

There are 204 comments on the New York Times story from Apr 18, 2010, titled Fleeing Drug Violence, Mexicans Pour Into U.S.. In it, New York Times reports that:

The giant rusty fence of metal bars along the border here, built in recent years to keep illegal immigrants from crossing into the United States, has a new nickname among local residents: Jurassic Park Gate, a nod to the barrier in a 1993 movie that kept dangerous dinosaurs at bay in a theme park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Times.

Brenda besson

United States

#424 Sep 19, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't you just the funny one? Alas, you are mistaken yet again. It has to be sad being you always looking over your shoulder, never knowing if the Feds or your Ex have figured out your various scams.
lol funny teddy,he should look over his shoulder all the way back to mexico.
Wet Neck

El Paso, TX

#425 Sep 19, 2013
Brenda besson wrote:
<quoted text>lol funny teddy,he should look over his shoulder all the way back to mexico.
stfu you babosa.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#428 Sep 19, 2013
zanoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain how they steal benefits from hard working legal United Staters.
P.S. Those illegals are American too. They were born in the Americas.
In Los Angeles COUNTY ALONE, MORE THAN 600 MILLION DOLLARS have been spent on ILLEGALS. There are a lot of poor legal citizens who need that money.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#430 Sep 19, 2013
zanoni wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not very much info to conclude that illegals are stealing from US citizens.
You may need to look-up the definition of 'steal.' Here's what I found: to take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.
So how did the illegals 'steal' 600 million dollars. You simply said it was spent on them. They didn't take it.
The 600 million dollars spent on illegals takes away (steals) 600 million dollars that should have gone to LEGAL American citizens .You can use semantics all day but those 600 million dollars were taken from legal American citizens.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#432 Sep 19, 2013
zanoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, spent does mean 'steals.' Please get your grammar correct. You and I know that if they had really stolen, they could get arrested for it. Stealing really is a crime. So if they're not being arrested for stealing it's because they're not stealing.
You may not like that money is spent on them, but they are not stealing it. To call them thieves makes you a slanderer.
Crossing the border illegally is a crime and the Justice Dept. won't arrest these criminals. The parents of these Illegals are being supported by these 600 million dollars and they most certainly are thieves and criminals. You are being dishonest by denying it.
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#433 Sep 19, 2013
zanoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, spent does mean 'steals.' Please get your grammar correct. You and I know that if they had really stolen, they could get arrested for it. Stealing really is a crime. So if they're not being arrested for stealing it's because they're not stealing.
You may not like that money is spent on them, but they are not stealing it. To call them thieves makes you a slanderer.
they are THIEVES AND WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT? they steal it because they apply for benefits they don't deserve because of their illegal status sometimes with fraudulent or stolen ID's to qualify and this is a crime on top of another crime. You sound like Clueless also twisting everything around to your liking in the hopes of gaining sympathizers to your counter parts' plight. No dice! apparently ONLY YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SLANDER? LOL!

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#437 Sep 20, 2013
zanoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain how they steal benefits from hard working legal United Staters.
P.S. Those illegals are American too. They were born in the Americas.
Those benefits are meant for the kids, even though the reason they can get them is not what the 14th had intended. The problem is those kids don't seem to get much benefit from the free social services they bring to their family's tables...their parents greedily take them.
Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#438 Sep 20, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Those benefits are meant for the kids, even though the reason they can get them is not what the 14th had intended. The problem is those kids don't seem to get much benefit from the free social services they bring to their family's tables...their parents greedily take them.
A bunch of them get free breakfast and lunch 5 days a week so that's that much less our of the other welfare money eh?

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#439 Sep 20, 2013
Publius51 wrote:
<quoted text>
A bunch of them get free breakfast and lunch 5 days a week so that's that much less our of the other welfare money eh?
In some districts, if they attend after-school programs they get snacks there as well. In my school district, all students get free school supplies as well as free mid-day snacks, whether their parents can afford to buy them or not Of course, we all know that nothing is truly free. It's no wonder this country is broke. We can't keep taking responsibility for irresponsible parents. I have no problem helping out those who truly need help...until they can get back on their feet. Too many of them prefer not to even try, or are bilking the system by not reporting all income that comes into the household. It doesn't matter if people are just co-habititating, all income is supposed to be reported. Guess what, it isn't. Those are the people who need to be audited and to see their benefits diminished.
Holla Isabella

Ardsley, NY

#440 Sep 20, 2013
zanoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain how they steal benefits from hard working legal United Staters.
P.S. Those illegals are American too. They were born in the Americas.
They're called Shiticans.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#444 Sep 21, 2013
zanoni wrote:
<quoted text>
The Justice Department obviously disagrees with you regarding the 14th. It's you who is now on the verge of becoming a full-fledged rebel (terrorist.)
I personally disagreed when the Supreme Court granted homosexuals marriage. When I was home watching the ruling on TV, I simply said to myself, "It's the decision of the nation's highest court. What they say goes. Even if I disagree."
So, even though I disagree with homosexuality, I will obey the court's ruling.
You on the other hand, and those like yourself, are not obeying the court's ruling. If the justice department isn't doing something about it, what gives you the right to do something about it. You're disobeying the decisions of the nation's highest court. You're a law-breaker yourself. You really are bordering on being a terrorist. You just haven't acted out yet.
You are so silly. The only way I will act on this issue is by my vote. I will vote for those who feel as I do about the current and overt abuse of the 14th. That isn't behaving as a rebel or a terrorist, that is behaving like an American, who has the right to her own opinions and can vote for what I believe in. Frankly, you are grasping at straws.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#445 Sep 21, 2013
zanoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone in those schools gets free breakfast and lunch, including your kids, unless the parents earn above a certain threshold.
People lie about their income in order to get those free lunches. I have seen many families get audited and have to provide W2's to provide tangible proof of what they submitted on their applications. Lo and behold, they lied. There is a disclaimer on the back of the form stating that must be truthful with the information that they have provided. Most who were audted lied, or failed to include all household members' income...imagine that. Fraud is pretty common in free meal applications.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#447 Sep 21, 2013
zanoni wrote:
I'm a tax professional, I know.
Well, well, so you DO understand the point I was making. Not everybody deserves the hand-up when they lie about their personal finances to get it.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#448 Sep 21, 2013
zanoni wrote:
I'm a tax professional, I know.
Dang, this may have opened up a new converstaion between us. Interesting.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#452 Sep 21, 2013
zanoni wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to know the percentages by race, if you have that info.
I'm certain the largest percentage will be Blacks.
I wish I could. Years ago, I and a few other teachers that didn't have self-contained classes had to go over the apps each fall. We had ten days to get them done. My eyeballs used to about bug out of my head going through that mess. I became pretty good at flagging the bogus ones for audit. I hate to say it, but you are correct, it was mostly among the blacks at that time. There were always a few whites who tried to pass on phoney numbers though. Now, if the family has any kind of case number, the entire family is automatically qualified for free meals. That means children here illegally will qualify for free meals if a sibling was born here, and the parents got the kid enrolled in free social services. As I said, many lied to get those kids on the programs because they simply don't list all those in the household who bring in earnings. I imagine the fraud is so much more rampant now. I don't begrudge a child food, but I can't stand seeing people abuse what was probably a good program for the very poor. I think it is now done mostly on computer, and I wonder how and if any fake apps get weeded out any more.
DC Dave

United States

#453 Sep 21, 2013
You stupid Mexicants deserve everything and more.
DC Dave

United States

#456 Sep 21, 2013
As in, your culo.
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#457 Sep 21, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>In some districts, if they attend after-school programs they get snacks there as well. In my school district, all students get free school supplies as well as free mid-day snacks, whether their parents can afford to buy them or not Of course, we all know that nothing is truly free. It's no wonder this country is broke. We can't keep taking responsibility for irresponsible parents. I have no problem helping out those who truly need help...until they can get back on their feet. Too many of them prefer not to even try, or are bilking the system by not reporting all income that comes into the household. It doesn't matter if people are just co-habititating, all income is supposed to be reported. Guess what, it isn't. Those are the people who need to be audited and to see their benefits diminished.
absolutely right!
DC Dave

United States

#460 Sep 21, 2013
zanoni wrote:
You must be a mokey.
Whats a mokey?
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#461 Sep 21, 2013
zanoni wrote:
<quoted text>
The Justice Department obviously disagrees with you regarding the 14th. It's you who is now on the verge of becoming a full-fledged rebel (terrorist.)
I personally disagreed when the Supreme Court granted homosexuals marriage. When I was home watching the ruling on TV, I simply said to myself, "It's the decision of the nation's highest court. What they say goes. Even if I disagree."
So, even though I disagree with homosexuality, I will obey the court's ruling.
You on the other hand, and those like yourself, are not obeying the court's ruling. If the justice department isn't doing something about it, what gives you the right to do something about it. You're disobeying the decisions of the nation's highest court. You're a law-breaker yourself. You really are bordering on being a terrorist. You just haven't acted out yet.
actually as American US citizens this is our right to protest government decisions, IF WE FEEL THE GOVERNMENT is acting against US citizens' well being. We, along with our representatives have a right to stand together and is our duty and right to express ourselves & concerns AND fight to make changes to benefit the nation as a whole. THIS IS WHY YOU, SIN HUEVOS ARE ABLE TO EXPRESS YOURSELF without fear of retaliation....were it not for this freedom, you probably would be sitting in a dark dungeon with/out food, water etc for SPEWING your hateful garbage IN A COUNTRY YOU DON'T BELONG IN.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 2 min Tinka 142,286
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 8 min Baker 8,022
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 33 min abc 10,952
Kitchens For Sale Bradford UK 1 hr eduardozono 1
News Most Americans Oppose Trump's Positions On Immi... 3 hr Mite Be 11
News PunditFact: Jesus was 'an undocumented immigran... (Sep '15) 3 hr Mexican Lottery W... 11
News The Latest: Trump gets support from leader of '... 4 hr swampmudd 18
More from around the web