Norquist Says GOP Isn't Anti-Immigrant

Norquist Says GOP Isn't Anti-Immigrant

There are 11 comments on the KBTX-TV Bryan story from Feb 14, 2013, titled Norquist Says GOP Isn't Anti-Immigrant. In it, KBTX-TV Bryan reports that:

Republican powerbroker Grover Norquist says his party is not anti-immigrant but that many people think it is because of a small, vocal group of extremists.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KBTX-TV Bryan.

rosario orallo

Van Nuys, CA

#1 Feb 14, 2013
if republican is not anti immigrants then why not pass the bill now, why it takes too long....

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#3 Feb 15, 2013
rosario orallo wrote:
if republican is not anti immigrants then why not pass the bill now, why it takes too long....
Maybe its because we're talking about "ILLEGAL ALIENS", not

"IMMIGRANTS"!

See the difference?

You worried about being deported?
ima

El Paso, TX

#4 Feb 15, 2013
Can't ANYONE GET THIS DAMNED THING STRAIGHT???????? ILLEGAL ALIENS is the problem! NOT LEGAL IMMIGRANTS living here and working having done things properly within OUR LAWS, who pay their taxes and help our economy. It's illegals like Juan from Pearland Tx. who brag about not paying income tax making $14 an hr claiming he doesn't make enough to pay income tax. Yet high school students earning their way through school get income tax deductions and other deductions taken from their minimum hourly wages!
jay

Yonkers, NY

#5 Feb 15, 2013
rosario orallo wrote:
if republican is not anti immigrants then why not pass the bill now, why it takes too long....
you right these guy's are liar, they love to lie with the people.
republicans don't want immigration reform. that's why they are big time looser and will be int future. because they are the one who don't want to give the illegal people better life.
the act like they love immigrants. not true at all. if you guy's love immigrants prove it pass immigration reform.
let see if you guy's are liar.
jay

Yonkers, NY

#6 Feb 15, 2013
ima wrote:
Can't ANYONE GET THIS DAMNED THING STRAIGHT???????? ILLEGAL ALIENS is the problem! NOT LEGAL IMMIGRANTS living here and working having done things properly within OUR LAWS, who pay their taxes and help our economy. It's illegals like Juan from Pearland Tx. who brag about not paying income tax making $14 an hr claiming he doesn't make enough to pay income tax. Yet high school students earning their way through school get income tax deductions and other deductions taken from their minimum hourly wages!
don't blame others work hard don't just stay home. then you will be stop blaming immigrants.
do you get that damn thing be smart
jay

Yonkers, NY

#7 Feb 15, 2013
ima wrote:
Can't ANYONE GET THIS DAMNED THING STRAIGHT???????? ILLEGAL ALIENS is the problem! NOT LEGAL IMMIGRANTS living here and working having done things properly within OUR LAWS, who pay their taxes and help our economy. It's illegals like Juan from Pearland Tx. who brag about not paying income tax making $14 an hr claiming he doesn't make enough to pay income tax. Yet high school students earning their way through school get income tax deductions and other deductions taken from their minimum hourly wages!
it looks like you are damn liar, don't know what you talking about.
whey republicans is big time looser like you.
don't you get it? i don't think so because you don't think for our county.
just look what you guy's have done our country.
petro

El Paso, TX

#8 Feb 15, 2013
jay wrote:
<quoted text>
it looks like you are damn liar, don't know what you talking about.
whey republicans is big time looser like you.
don't you get it? i don't think so because you don't think for our county.
just look what you guy's have done our country.
obviously you must have a third grade education? in Mexico, no doubt? this is not your country illegal alien, go back to mejihole!
Dem1

Jacksonville, FL

#9 Feb 15, 2013
petro wrote:
<quoted text> obviously you must have a third grade education? in Mexico, no doubt? this is not your country illegal alien, go back to mejihole!
Wow, says someone from El Paso! Lol!

“One Night”

Level 4

Since: Aug 12

It Just Disappeared

#10 Feb 16, 2013
Never Seen Such Good Things ~ Devendra Banhart
http://youtu.be/q8MqQWhKvpE

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#11 Feb 16, 2013
jay wrote:
<quoted text>
you right these guy's are liar, they love to lie with the people.
republicans don't want immigration reform. that's why they are big time looser and will be int future. because they are the one who don't want to give the illegal people better life.
the act like they love immigrants. not true at all. if you guy's love immigrants prove it pass immigration reform.
let see if you guy's are liar.
The inscription at the base of the Statute of Liberty concludes, "I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" It says nothing about welcoming people who bypass our entry doors by climbing walls, swimming rivers and sneaking under border fences.

Enough said!

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#14 Feb 17, 2013
$2 billion Medicaid program helps mostly illegal immigrants

By Phil Galewitz — Kaiser Health News

WASHINGTON — During the debate over the 2010 federal health care overhaul, Democrats promised that illegal immigrants wouldn’t be among the 27 million people who’d gain coverage. President Barack Obama repeated that pledge last month when he outlined his immigration plan.

But while federal law generally bars illegal immigrants from being covered by Medicaid, a little-known part of the state-federal health insurance program for the poor pays about $2 billion a year for emergency treatment for a group of patients who, according to hospitals, mostly comprise illegal immigrants. Most of it goes to reimburse hospitals for delivering babies for women who show up in their emergency rooms, according to interviews with hospital officials and studies.

The funding – which has been around since the late 1980s and is less than 1 percent of the cost of Medicaid – underscores the political and practical challenges of refusing to cover an entire class of people. Congress approved the program after lawmakers required hospitals to screen and stabilize all emergency patients regardless of their insurance or citizenship status.

Some groups say the services encourage people to cross the border for care, while advocates for immigrants say the funding is inadequate because it doesn’t pay for prenatal care and other vital services.

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/2013/02/12/4464303/m ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 2 min jimmy krack korn 147,225
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 2 min george 1,549
News Rural America Braces for Labor Shortages After ... 33 min Katrina 86
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 38 min Katrina 9,707
News Arpaio pardon would refute key theme in immigra... 39 min Trump_Is_Fake 44
News Trump returns to Arizona - and a chaotic politi... 2 hr Red Crosse 12
News Why Hire More Border Patrol When Illegal Immigr... 4 hr Bomb Mexico 91
More from around the web