Coca-Cola Super Bowl ad ignites online debate

Feb 3, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TheBostonChannel.com

Coca-Cola's Super Bowl commercial Sunday night was at first glance a moving tribute to America's diversity, featuring a full minute of ordinary people of different races and ethnicity doing ordinary American activities, as the classic song "America the Beautiful" plays throughout the ad.

Comments
801 - 820 of 914 Comments Last updated Apr 1, 2014

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Liberals R Defective wrote:
<quoted text>I've told you before, put down the Playgirl magazine when your posting. It makes it hard for you......to concentrate.
obviously not as i show you to be a fool in a couple seconds everytime you post...

why is that again?

why do you have to run from your own words so often? i have never ever had to do that...

simple child...go play with your dolls...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>You have to understand the mindset of athiests. They choose to have no faith and feel it is their god given privilage to deny you the right to have any either!!! They are a very sad lot.
and you sheep like religious cult freaks that worship proven false gods seem to have to push that crap into everyone else's face.

the bloodiest swath ever cut across this planet was from your cult "spreading its word"...think about that for a while, dear...

your cult is the deadliest thing this planet has ever seen...
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>You have to understand the mindset of athiests. They choose to have no faith and feel it is their god given privilage to deny you the right to have any either!!! They are a very sad lot.
If only those god huggers would not judge those who can think for themseves without resorting to bible hugging.

You have every right to worship any god, icon, statue or book but do not foist it on others or use your "religion" for making laws etc that effect others.

That is what is sad.
shakey

Warrenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> the US has no national language.
why are you such a shitty citizen?
i'm not....but if it makes you feel better to call me names and deny that our national language is english, go right ahead and broadcast your ignorance. who ever told you that we didn't have a national language anyway?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

shakey wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not....but if it makes you feel better to call me names and deny that our national language is english, go right ahead and broadcast your ignorance. who ever told you that we didn't have a national language anyway?
ummmm...the facts told me we don't have a national language.

i am not denying anything. i am stating facts. you are lying like the fool you are...
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ummmm...the facts told me we don't have a national language.
i am not denying anything. i am stating facts. you are lying like the fool you are...
English is not the official language, but you are going to be at a complete disadvantage in our society if you don't learn to speak the language.

You ain't very bright

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
English is not the official language, but you are going to be at a complete disadvantage in our society if you don't learn to speak the language.
You ain't very bright
and that has what to do with people singing songs in their native tongue?

are you that afraid of people different than you?

why?
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and that has what to do with people singing songs in their native tongue?
are you that afraid of people different than you?
why?
It was politically correct, They were throwing gasoline on the fire by singing America the Beautiful in other languages.

I am selling my shares of KO

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
It was politically correct, They were throwing gasoline on the fire by singing America the Beautiful in other languages.
I am selling my shares of KO
what fire? it was real world correct.

i t fired up a lot of you bigots, as they knew it would, but you are generally the poor idiots who have little market share and no one on the planet cares about you for good reason...you are the forgotten when you die in your double wide, they will sell off the trash you life left like a dumpster service would... just a pile of trash that never meant anything and never did anything...just a cost to the rest of us to fill up space in the landfilll
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what fire? it was real world correct.
i t fired up a lot of you bigots, as they knew it would, but you are generally the poor idiots who have little market share and no one on the planet cares about you for good reason...you are the forgotten when you die in your double wide, they will sell off the trash you life left like a dumpster service would... just a pile of trash that never meant anything and never did anything...just a cost to the rest of us to fill up space in the landfilll
A lot of anger there small minded liberal sheep. Now before you go to bed remember lay your head down and pray that Obama will help the poor, give lots of food stamps to the needy, give us jobs, help our peaceful muslims and most of all give us free healthcare and of course save us from global warming and protect us from the mean tea party people

You will feel better in the morning.

Nighty-night
Dickweed

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of anger there small minded liberal sheep. Now before you go to bed remember lay your head down and pray that Obama will help the poor, give lots of food stamps to the needy, give us jobs, help our peaceful muslims and most of all give us free healthcare and of course save us from global warming and protect us from the mean tea party people
You will feel better in the morning.
Nighty-night
D O U C H E B A G
spud

Dallas, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
If only those god huggers would not judge those who can think for themseves without resorting to bible hugging.
You have every right to worship any god, icon, statue or book but do not foist it on others or use your "religion" for making laws etc that effect others.
That is what is sad.
Sounds like the way a lot of people view homosexuality.
Guess Who

Sterling, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Dickweed wrote:
<quoted text>
D O U C H E B A G
A H O L E BABY

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>Just cash your welfare check and shut up, you America hating bigot.
yet, i am not the one who is being made a fool of here...

in fact, your proven ignorance of YOUR OWN COUNTRY would show YOU to be the america hater here,,,huh?

or are you just that shitty of a citizen? your choice...you made the options, you choose..

don't you ever get tired of proving you are intellectually species below me? really? it's getting embarrassing , dude...
Guess Who

Sterling, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

<quoted text>You've cornered the market on ignorance, bigotry and hatred, so I guess in those categories, you win.
My country was founded on Judeo Christian beliefs, none of which included anything thar you parrot on these forums, dude.
Do like I am going to do. Put the dik wad on ignore. Far as I am concerned his ignorant azz doesn't exist. When you wrestle with pigs ya get dirty!!!

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>Do like I am going to do. Put the dik wad on ignore. Far as I am concerned his ignorant azz doesn't exist. When you wrestle with pigs ya get dirty!!!
He's in the top ten hall of fame topix whack jobs....when he was a kid, he hadda tie a pork chop around his neck to get the dog to play with him.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>Do like I am going to do. Put the dik wad on ignore. Far as I am concerned his ignorant azz doesn't exist. When you wrestle with pigs ya get dirty!!!
yes, you ran from me under your old name as i slapped you around so easily..i knew you'd run from me again...no brains, no guts, no conviction in your "beliefs"....

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>You've cornered the market on ignorance, bigotry and hatred, so I guess in those categories, you win.
My country was founded on Judeo Christian beliefs, none of which included anything thar you parrot on these forums, dude.
why did you leave out your muslim friends in the list of your religious cult? you worship the same proven false god they do...
and no, our nation was founded on principles that were around long before your religion was even invented. you just glommed onto them...

you really should try to know at least the basics of an issue before you make a total ass of yourself with your ignorance and stupidity....
shakey

Warrenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
He's in the top ten hall of fame topix whack jobs....when he was a kid, he hadda tie a pork chop around his neck to get the dog to play with him.
no doubt...this will be just another day of his rants!
spud

Dallas, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Coca Cola was the favorite drink of Ben Franklin and this wouldn't make him happy. I know for a fact that he would be spittin' mad if he knew they were singing America the Beautiful in any other language than English. Bad Coca Cola. Viva Ben Franklin.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••