Coca-Cola Super Bowl ad ignites online debate

Feb 3, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TheBostonChannel.com

Coca-Cola's Super Bowl commercial Sunday night was at first glance a moving tribute to America's diversity, featuring a full minute of ordinary people of different races and ethnicity doing ordinary American activities, as the classic song "America the Beautiful" plays throughout the ad.

Comments (Page 19)

Showing posts 361 - 380 of914
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Headed toward the cliff”

Level 1

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You could be right, but it came in the middle of an immigration reform debate in Washington. Coincidence? Bad timing if it was.
I didn't need a Bob Costas gun control rant either.
Considering we've been in the middle of an immigration reform debate in Washington for the past decades and likely will be for the coming decades, I don't see when would have been better timing.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya see how cultures evolve? Do you want us to return?
My point was our "American culture" being an amalgamation of world cultures has as much bad as good.

I see this ad as a celebration of the good, not an indication of the bad.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
other than Dee-troit, yall aint got but a couple dozen do ya? send em, they will blend in well inside the congo bypass.
And there's that typical confederate ignorance again.

There are MILLIONS of blacks living all across the north, in big cities, suburbs, smaller cities & towns, and even in the countryside.

Many blacks are returning to the south to reconnect with family they left behind during the great northern migration to get away from your constant discrimination. Now they're going to back to take control of the south.

Whites will become a minority in the south once again, but this time you won't be in charge. You better hope they treat YOU better than you treated THEM.
Dickweed

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

I'm so pissed about this commercial.

HOW DARE Coca Cola has the gall to purposely make America look like it is part of the rest of the world. Just because Coca Cola is a GLOBAL company, they want to imply that America is part of the same world. Coke made America look like some kind of "melting pot" where different cultures come together in the greatest country in the world and then these people still retain their own culture, like it's important to maintain your own identity. This is America! If you are here, in the land of the free, you had better forget where you came from. We don't want to hear other languages, eat strange foods, or play soccer for that matter.
Where the hell does Coke get off trying to make America look like a good place for foreign people to come and be happy with their families and maintain their own culture, those sons of bitches.
How dare they imply America is welcoming place where other cultures are accepted and we can all live together and keep America the best place in the world. Like it's our diversety that makes this the greatest country the world has ever seen. NO it is the fact we all speak English that makes America great. IT is the fact that foreigners either completely assimulate to our culture, and leave their personal identity behind or stay in the shadows ashamed of who they are or how they got here.
Damn you Coca- Cola. How dare you assume America is the land of the free and the home of the brave. Go sell your damn drinks at the freakin' Olympics. bastards.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
no kidding, they aint getting much global warming these days. who in their right mind would want to live in a climate like that?
Anyone who wants to be healthier and live longer?

The northern cold weather states consistently rank as the healthiest in the nation- Minnesota, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, etc.

The 10 WORST states:

You guessed it- Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama, West Virginia, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Tennessee, South Carolina, & Georgia.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

Liberals R Defective wrote:
<quoted text>You are living a lie. Here's a couple facts for you to gnaw on. Two plus two equals four, there are twenty four hours in a day and marriage is between one man and one woman. Simple, huh? You can call your living arrangements anything you want, and you can have black robed tyrants overturn the will of the people and shred our constitution. But you cannot change facts.
Sorry Charlie, but the definition of marriage now includes same-sex couples.

Accept it and move on.

Or bitch about the rest of you pathetic life and die.

The choice is yours.
Level 1

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was our "American culture" being an amalgamation of world cultures has as much bad as good.
I see this ad as a celebration of the good, not an indication of the bad.
I agree the ad was noble in purpose, but the way it was done caused it to be taken the wrong way by a lot of people.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

spud wrote:
<quoted text>Yo turd. No matter what your allegedly open but obviously brainwashed, small mind tells you, if a person only speaks English, they will do infinitely better in this country than if they only speak ANY other language. What do they speak in congress? What does the president speak? You're nothing more than a brainwashed person who gets all their opinions from the liberal media, "DEAR". You keep challenging people to prove you are a liberal but all anyone has to do is read 3 of your posts and it's pretty obvious.
What makes you think they can't speak English as well as their native language?

Just because YOU'RE too stupid to be able to learn more than one language doesn't mean everyone else is that dumb.
Level 1

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The northern cold weather states consistently rank as the healthiest in the nation- Minnesota, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, etc.
The 10 WORST states:
You guessed it- Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama, West Virginia, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Tennessee, South Carolina, & Georgia.
That's humor, Sheeple. Read it again. It's a cut on Woodtick.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

ronnie wrote:
Not speaking a common language has actually separated people in this Country, does nothing to improve those nationalitys or there incomes. Why it doesn't work, do you go to France, or Sweden and tell them to GFT or learn Spanish? Do you want to become a French citizen or a sub-culture of non French speaking people? Then why didn't Coke realize that fact when they nauseated Americans? We always bought Coke product's and yesterday, I went to Pepsi. bye bye coke.....idiot's.
I'm sure you buy KKK brand products as well.....

I doubt Coke will miss you.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The 10 WORST states:
that's cause we eat a lot of fried chicken down here, with salt. you know why black folks crave and over salt their foods dontcha?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
How do make a connection between language and one's culture being used as a defense in a rape case?
i didn't. you brought it up...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

ronnie wrote:
Not speaking a common language has actually separated people in this Country, does nothing to improve those nationalitys or there incomes. Why it doesn't work, do you go to France, or Sweden and tell them to GFT or learn Spanish? Do you want to become a French citizen or a sub-culture of non French speaking people? Then why didn't Coke realize that fact when they nauseated Americans? We always bought Coke product's and yesterday, I went to Pepsi. bye bye coke.....idiot's.
wow! an ignorant cro-magnon that cannot even form a cogent thought or make a complete sentence...what will our nation do without you when you leave?

buh bye!
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Charlie, but the definition of marriage now includes same-sex couples.
Accept it and move on.
Or bitch about the rest of you pathetic life and die.
The choice is yours.
The gunz..da gunz.....People accept what is pushed on them whether right or wrong. History proves it. The real test of acceptence will be if/when times become real, real, real, real bad. But hey,...the destruction of traditional marriage, the massive increases in single parents and the the associated costs that are at least several times more then what it used to cost in real terms to raise a kid is not something we can question. We ain't number one anymore with all the bad you assail our past for. And without pilot less drones capable of holding explosives, chemicals, and biological weapons to keep the rest of the world in tow and ourselves, we' d be a second rate nation cannibalizing ourselves. Wait, we are. One trillion dollars cut from future social security/medicare expenses already. Wait until that crap hits the fan as three million boomers are retiring a year. or joining the system they paid into for many decades. No guts to make the real cuts yet. City, state and local governments are struggling with their promises. Watching all of the progressive failures that are never broadcast but all around for all to see causes people to question things. And you can't fix it. So the logical answer is to blame others. The Christians and innocent white males will see a transition if this is not the religious end times. And you is it. Even if it is the end times. You get it after. Don't bitch and be miserable about it. iits pre written.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> The gunz..da gunz.....People accept what is pushed on them whether right or wrong. History proves it. The real test of acceptence will be if/when times become real, real, real, real bad. But hey,...the destruction of traditional marriage, the massive increases in single parents and the the associated costs that are at least several times more then what it used to cost in real terms to raise a kid is not something we can question. We ain't number one anymore with all the bad you assail our past for. And without pilot less drones capable of holding explosives, chemicals, and biological weapons to keep the rest of the world in tow and ourselves, we' d be a second rate nation cannibalizing ourselves. Wait, we are. One trillion dollars cut from future social security/medicare expenses already. Wait until that crap hits the fan as three million boomers are retiring a year. or joining the system they paid into for many decades. No guts to make the real cuts yet. City, state and local governments are struggling with their promises. Watching all of the progressive failures that are never broadcast but all around for all to see causes people to question things. And you can't fix it. So the logical answer is to blame others. The Christians and innocent white males will see a transition if this is not the religious end times. And you is it. Even if it is the end times. You get it after. Don't bitch and be miserable about it. iits pre written.
you tried to off yourself with car exhaust, didn't you? you sound like someone brain damaged by CO...disoriented, irrational, unable to speak or think clearly...

crap, now it will cost us earners even more to keep your miserable existence going.....

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
that's cause we eat a lot of fried chicken down here, with salt. you know why black folks crave and over salt their foods dontcha?
you said "we"... you don't look black. is that makeup? i think some blue eye shade would really make your eyes 'pop'!
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you tried to off yourself with car exhaust, didn't you? you sound like someone brain damaged by CO...disoriented, irrational, unable to speak or think clearly...
crap, now it will cost us earners even more to keep your miserable existence going.....
That is a Saul alinsky answer. i would not expect anything less from the likes of you. But then again in real terms, inside your skull you realize what I write has truth to it. So your hate and bitterness knowing that you will not win this so called war you are at with everyone else is going to be won. The battles will continue with the sell outs and emasculation of the general population. They will even let their five year old sons dress in pink tutus at schools for the evil system that has been set up. All you had to do was use sense in your movements. But people don't stop. They always interfere with others. Now the biggest suckers in America are those married with children paying for all others. The breeders really are just that now. Congtratulations.....And the totalitarian state advances.....its only logical...

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you said "we"... you don't look black. is that makeup? i think some blue eye shade would really make your eyes 'pop'!
what, you don't like fried chicken? everybody, black, white, loves fried chicken. Am I going to have to teach you everything about the South there is to know? My comment was bout the salt, black folks love to drown their chicken, and other things, in salt...and you don't know why, do you?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
what, you don't like fried chicken? everybody, black, white, loves fried chicken. Am I going to have to teach you everything about the South there is to know? My comment was bout the salt, black folks love to drown their chicken, and other things, in salt...and you don't know why, do you?
you said WE. are you black?

i like lots of salt on my food also. why is it you think the south owns fried chicken? i bet i could make better fried chicken than you...

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you said WE. are you black?
i like lots of salt on my food also. why is it you think the south owns fried chicken? i bet i could make better fried chicken than you...
salt aint good for you....give you the high blood...and give you the sugar too, be careful

no, I'm not black, but I'm an expert on the black experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 361 - 380 of914
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••