Obama seeks $3.7 billion in immigrati...

Obama seeks $3.7 billion in immigration funds

There are 331 comments on the KIDK CBS 3 story from Jul 8, 2014, titled Obama seeks $3.7 billion in immigration funds. In it, KIDK CBS 3 reports that:

President Barack Obama is asking Congress for $3.7 billion in emergency funds to better respond to the influx of immigrants illegally crossing the border into Texas, White House officials said Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KIDK CBS 3.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#370 Aug 11, 2014
Pissed Californian wrote:
I'm tired of hearing, thy're only children trying to escape violence.
NEW FLASH: We have kids dealing with violence in our own country.
Instead of spending $3.8 billion dollars on illegal immigrants, it would be better spent on taking care of the kids we have in our own country. As well as securing our own border.
Obama is to obseseed with Central America. Something is very wrong when the president of our country seems to forget about American kids.
Obama is in Los Angeles very often for fundraisers. Let the money he raises go for his pet project of giving illegal immgrants all of the freebies most Americans get.
Yeah....You live in L.A.,,,,and that all started with Obama....yeah.....

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#371 Aug 11, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Man Up....Time to show me, those examples you claimed....OF OBAMA'S BIG SPENDING......????
You can't remember the last example I posted? Obama's 2014 budget only got two Democrat votes.
REALLY

Hudson, OH

#372 Aug 11, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Or they just simply go under and close up.
It's the same thing that happens when a medical facility has too many government patients and not enough private or privately insured patients. Government only pays a portion of the full bill for their patients, so hospitals and clinics increase rates on private and insurance patients to make up the loss. it's one of the main causes of increasing insurance premiums.
When there are not enough of those patients to make up that loss, the facility has no choice but to go out of business. Some are resorting to refusing new government patients.
Yeah, maybe they should require employers to help with all poor employees insurance before the minimum wage is increased too high. What would you think about this?

Level 7

Location hidden

#373 Aug 11, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You can't remember the last example I posted? Obama's 2014 budget only got two Democrat votes.
Sorry, Mam.....
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#374 Aug 11, 2014
REALLY wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, maybe they should require employers to help with all poor employees insurance before the minimum wage is increased too high. What would you think about this?
Your employer only directs money. Your wage is based on all other expenses first.

Your employer pays for: workman's compensation on your behalf, unemployment insurance, matches your social security contributions, matches your medicare contributions, pays for your two weeks (or more) vacation, pays for your healthcare insurance, pays for your holidays when you are off of work.

After your employer figures in all these deductions (and more) he or she can then come up with your pay rate.

Having your employer pay for all your healthcare? He can, but you will really be paying for it by making a lower wage. The reality is, you pay for everything whether you know it or not.
REALLY

Hudson, OH

#375 Aug 11, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Your employer only directs money. Your wage is based on all other expenses first.
Your employer pays for: workman's compensation on your behalf, unemployment insurance, matches your social security contributions, matches your medicare contributions, pays for your two weeks (or more) vacation, pays for your healthcare insurance, pays for your holidays when you are off of work.
After your employer figures in all these deductions (and more) he or she can then come up with your pay rate.
Having your employer pay for all your healthcare? He can, but you will really be paying for it by making a lower wage. The reality is, you pay for everything whether you know it or not.
Then have the employee contribute a third to their own insurance plan. instead of raising minimum wage to $10.00 an hour, just keep it where it is for now with insurance paid. Wouldn't this eventually bring down the insurance rates as well as compensate the hospitals and doctors fairly?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#376 Aug 11, 2014
REALLY wrote:
<quoted text>Then have the employee contribute a third to their own insurance plan. instead of raising minimum wage to $10.00 an hour, just keep it where it is for now with insurance paid. Wouldn't this eventually bring down the insurance rates as well as compensate the hospitals and doctors fairly?
It can, but Commie Care already puts those demands on employers with 50 or more employees although DumBama delayed that part of the plan for obvious reasons.

One solution is to increase our Medicare contributions so the government has the money to pay the entire bill for their patients. The politicians won't do that because people would btch, and realize this plan is not going all that well. They may even push to have Medicare eliminated.

The problem is that DumBama didn't go about this nearly the right way. The right way is to reduce the costs of medical care, then figure out how we pay for it. And there are over a half-dozen ways to reduce the cost of care..... some of them not costing the taxpayer one dime.

For starters, what we need is a forced medical savings account. It would work like any other deduction form your paycheck; a small amount especially for younger workers. Then you would have a savings account for strictly medical care. You go to the emergency room or doctor, swipe your MSA card, and you're done.

Insurance companies have complained in the past about the cost of nickel--dime doctors visits and tests. These couple dollar visits cost the insurance company a lot of money because of paperwork and labor, so they have to make that money back somehow. With a medical savings account, that would save insurance companies a lot of money because it would leave them out of the picture until you have more serious medical expenses.
Pissed Californian

Los Angeles, CA

#377 Aug 11, 2014
Pissed Californian wrote:
I'm tired of hearing, thy're only children trying to escape violence.
NEW FLASH: We have kids dealing with violence in our own country.
Instead of spending $3.8 billion dollars on illegal immigrants, it would be better spent on taking care of the kids we have in our own country. As well as securing our own border.
Obama is to obseseed with Central America. Something is very wrong when the president of our country seems to forget about American kids.
Obama is in Los Angeles very often for fundraisers. Let the money he raises go for his pet project of giving illegal immgrants all of the freebies most Americans get.
Oops, that last paragraph should read most freebies Americans don't get.
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#378 Aug 11, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Technically, these children are refugee's from death and violence....not illegal's just looking for work...Big Difference.....especially in the Law.....
Really?
REALLY

Hudson, OH

#379 Aug 12, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It can, but Commie Care already puts those demands on employers with 50 or more employees although DumBama delayed that part of the plan for obvious reasons.
One solution is to increase our Medicare contributions so the government has the money to pay the entire bill for their patients. The politicians won't do that because people would btch, and realize this plan is not going all that well. They may even push to have Medicare eliminated.
The problem is that DumBama didn't go about this nearly the right way. The right way is to reduce the costs of medical care, then figure out how we pay for it. And there are over a half-dozen ways to reduce the cost of care..... some of them not costing the taxpayer one dime.
For starters, what we need is a forced medical savings account. It would work like any other deduction form your paycheck; a small amount especially for younger workers. Then you would have a savings account for strictly medical care. You go to the emergency room or doctor, swipe your MSA card, and you're done.
Insurance companies have complained in the past about the cost of nickel--dime doctors visits and tests. These couple dollar visits cost the insurance company a lot of money because of paperwork and labor, so they have to make that money back somehow. With a medical savings account, that would save insurance companies a lot of money because it would leave them out of the picture until you have more serious medical expenses.
I gave you a brilliant judgeit on that idea. Why not then have the employee help but with a little increase from his employer to help cover this? The problem with illegals should be solved by having all employers show that they have insurance on all of their people they have on hand or pay a fine. Tax and spend has not solved the problem. We need more thinking outside of the box on this huge problem. I am afraid though the minimum wage will be raised first and it will be so high that it would not leave room for ideas like this.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#380 Aug 12, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Sorry, Mam.....
Would you like to discuss that budget? It contains increased taxes, increased spending and increased debt, just like an Obama big spending proposal always does.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#381 Aug 12, 2014
REALLY wrote:
<quoted text>I gave you a brilliant judgeit on that idea. Why not then have the employee help but with a little increase from his employer to help cover this? The problem with illegals should be solved by having all employers show that they have insurance on all of their people they have on hand or pay a fine. Tax and spend has not solved the problem. We need more thinking outside of the box on this huge problem. I am afraid though the minimum wage will be raised first and it will be so high that it would not leave room for ideas like this.
I don't think so. Even DumBama dropped the minimum wage talk. He knows Republicans would never let it pass.

I lost my medical coverage at work in spring of this year because of Commie Care. I'm in my mid 50's and this is the first time in my life I've ever been without coverage.

Since the passage of Commie Care, insurance rates went through the roof. My employer explained that he just couldn't keep up. The last two years it went up 30%, and the agent he was dealing with said it's going to go up even more as Commie Care unfolds.

He wanted to drag each employee in to discuss the situation privately. I told him I would rather he reduce my hourly rate by a dollar or so an hour and have good coverage than make what I make now and have no coverage. When it goes up again next year, don't give anybody raises and make any other adjustments.

It only makes sense. Reducing our hourly wage could possibly put us in a lower tax bracket, not to mention that medical care is pre-tax money compared to the net pay money we would have to use to by individual plans. My idea made financial sense.

None of the other employees went for the idea, so my employer discontinued our medical coverage. I don't blame my employer, I blame DumBama and the Democrats.
REALLY

Hudson, OH

#382 Aug 13, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so. Even DumBama dropped the minimum wage talk. He knows Republicans would never let it pass.
I lost my medical coverage at work in spring of this year because of Commie Care. I'm in my mid 50's and this is the first time in my life I've ever been without coverage.
Since the passage of Commie Care, insurance rates went through the roof. My employer explained that he just couldn't keep up. The last two years it went up 30%, and the agent he was dealing with said it's going to go up even more as Commie Care unfolds.
He wanted to drag each employee in to discuss the situation privately. I told him I would rather he reduce my hourly rate by a dollar or so an hour and have good coverage than make what I make now and have no coverage. When it goes up again next year, don't give anybody raises and make any other adjustments.
It only makes sense. Reducing our hourly wage could possibly put us in a lower tax bracket, not to mention that medical care is pre-tax money compared to the net pay money we would have to use to by individual plans. My idea made financial sense.
None of the other employees went for the idea, so my employer discontinued our medical coverage. I don't blame my employer, I blame DumBama and the Democrats.
Didn't Nancy Pelosi help pass a bill that gives illegal aliens free medical care in the nations emergency rooms? This kind of expense has to be made up somewhere and one of the reasons insurance rates are so high for people who pay for it, don't you think?

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#383 Aug 13, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>

Just a tad less informed, than the Fox demographic.....lol...
Fox News on top: Cable net celebrates 10 years at #1 in ratings

By Dylan Stableford | The Cutline - 14 hrs ago

Last fall, Fox News celebrated its 15th anniversary with a lavish party in
New York. Fox News president Roger Ailes, who launched the channel in 1996,
toasted 700 or so staffers that night, telling them, "Losing is highly
overrated as a learning experience."

On Tuesday afternoon, when Nielsen releases its final ratings for the month
of January, the "fair and balanced" network will mark an arguably more
important milestone: 10 consecutive years at the top of the cable news
rankings.

Read rest of story below:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/fox-news-...

LOL!!!
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#384 Aug 13, 2014
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox News on top: Cable net celebrates 10 years at #1 in ratings
By Dylan Stableford | The Cutline - 14 hrs ago
Last fall, Fox News celebrated its 15th anniversary with a lavish party in
New York. Fox News president Roger Ailes, who launched the channel in 1996,
toasted 700 or so staffers that night, telling them, "Losing is highly
overrated as a learning experience."
On Tuesday afternoon, when Nielsen releases its final ratings for the month
of January, the "fair and balanced" network will mark an arguably more
important milestone: 10 consecutive years at the top of the cable news
rankings.
Read rest of story below:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/fox-news-...
LOL!!!
"The Pew Research Center backs this up with a new study that looks at MSNBC, Fox, and CNN, and documents the time each network spends on commentary/opinion as compared to factual reporting.

What Pew found is that the outlier is MSNBC: 85% opinion, 15% reporting. Fox News, however, is much closer to CNN. Whereas CNN spends 54% of the time reporting and 46% on commentary, Fox News spends 55% on commentary and 45% reporting."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/...

“Facts”

Level 5

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#385 Aug 13, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Man Up....Time to show me, those examples you claimed....OF OBAMA'S BIG SPENDING......????
You are joking??

Or do you really want to see it???
REALLY

Hudson, OH

#386 Aug 14, 2014
Some of this is more like BIG wasting! It is as easy as taking candy from a baby to tax and spend thousands of millions of the working peoples hard earned dollars. When it comes to finding just a few billion to cut, it is the hardest thing ever. Who is going to try and get real handle on some of this? They will probably be the most hated people in America. We need people who will press on regardless.

Level 7

Location hidden

#387 Aug 14, 2014
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
You are joking??
Or do you really want to see it???
BY ALL MEANS?.....A annual record of President Obama's BIG SPENDING?.....and No Reich site, either......

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#389 Aug 14, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>

"The Pew Research Center backs this up with a new study that looks at MSNBC, Fox, and CNN, and documents the time each network spends on commentary/opinion as compared to factual reporting.

What Pew found is that the outlier is MSNBC: 85% opinion, 15% reporting. Fox News, however, is much closer to CNN. Whereas CNN spends 54% of the time reporting and 46% on commentary, Fox News spends 55% on commentary and 45% reporting."
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/...
So that's why Fox News has been # 1 for 10 years,thanks for the info.

What's CNN and MSNBC rated?
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#391 Aug 14, 2014
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
So that's why Fox News has been # 1 for 10 years,thanks for the info.
What is more interesting is the age demographics of fux.

Guess young folks know better!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawyers: US Places Hurdles in Front of Asylum S... 18 min ep 1
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 25 min spud 996
News Criminal Aliens Are Being Released in US Becaus... 31 min YouDidntBuildThat 25
News A big chunk of Donald Trumpa s supporters were ... 1 hr Mikey 19
News Corpses of Dead Migrants Plague Rural Texas Cou... 1 hr HOLLA ISABELLA 57
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 2 hr Jack 3,667
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 3 hr Tinka 141,602
More from around the web