Immigration Debate: What's More Impor...

Immigration Debate: What's More Important- Border Security Or Protecting Immigrant Workers?

There are 73 comments on the Forbes.com story from Sep 9, 2013, titled Immigration Debate: What's More Important- Border Security Or Protecting Immigrant Workers?. In it, Forbes.com reports that:

As billions of dollars of legal goods, as well as shipments of drugs and groups of undocumented immigrants continue to cross the U.S. border, immigration reform and border security have become a major topic of discussion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Forbes.com.

Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#29 Sep 10, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know about your "routes" but when my ancestors came here in 1730 they didn't break any immigration laws.
What is it that you don't understand about "Illegal?"
I wonder what would happen if Americans started entering other countries illegally? Would we get free food, housing, and healthcare?
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#30 Sep 10, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know about your "routes" but when my ancestors came here in 1730 they didn't break any immigration laws.
That's awfully disingenuous. At least you did not tell any tales about the long immigrant process your ancestors had to endure.
love america

United States

#31 Sep 10, 2013
and how you Einsteins would find all illegals if they won't come up to apply for the bill?

Caterpillar, constructions company etc.. who made like 20+ billions in 2012 want those "illegals" to be legal.. and do the jobs that yankees won't. As well as gardening, food business, cleaning, gas stations and 100s more jobs..

Owners don't like to pay em for overtime and soc security right now..

Who's right who's not..
What's the REAL interest for US economy?
Brenda besson

United States

#32 Sep 10, 2013
mexican pride lll wrote:
<quoted text> what are you trying to kill you're self?,? You need 3 bundles of hay and 2 alfalfa.. and a little grain before you go to sleep. That way you will grow up to be big meaty buffalo, mrs bison.
mooooo I dont want to be a fat cow,coffee is good.thanks
chief osceola

Lake Worth, FL

#33 Sep 10, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>

Pretty sure the Native Americans did not invite them. They were all illegal aliens.
chief osceola

Lake Worth, FL

#34 Sep 10, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's awfully disingenuous. At least you did not tell any tales about the long immigrant process your ancestors had to endure.
Most Americans ancestors just bought a ticket in Europe or hopped aboard a slave ship from Africa. None of them were invited.
chief osceola

Lake Worth, FL

#35 Sep 10, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to learn the difference difference between an immigrant and an illegal. If people want to come to this country LEGALLY, I will roll out the "welcome wagon", if they want to come here ILLEGALLY, I say send them back.
So you are ok with those who came legally (the 9/11 hijackers for example) but consider a hard working Guatemalan immigrant working to feed his family somehow a threat to the USA?

You have a screw loose.
chief osceola

Lake Worth, FL

#36 Sep 10, 2013
spud wrote:
They should be protecting our workers. That means getting rid of illegal aliens
Are you an idiot? The threat to American workers is in China and India where our jobs are being outsourced thanks to Obamanomics. The unemployment rate has nothing to do with immigration.

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#37 Sep 10, 2013
chief osceola wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure the Native Americans did not invite them. They were all illegal aliens.
Pretty sure the Native Americans didn't have any immigration laws and if you knew anything of history, you'd know the "Native Americans" were descended from immigrants too.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#38 Sep 10, 2013
chief osceola wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Americans ancestors just bought a ticket in Europe or hopped aboard a slave ship from Africa. None of them were invited.
It is surprising how few people know that. Many people seem to operate under the delusion that their families went through some sort of lengthy process before coming here. They don't realize that their families simply arrived one day unannounced.
love america

United States

#40 Sep 10, 2013
All of you racist agaist just anything and intollerant to diversity and blind towards the engine of this country just like always been.. immigrants, people who believe here they would have a chance that they didn't have anywhere else, hard workers, intelligent workers, low and high skilled.. just people like us, trying to make it n trying to feed their loved ones..

I'm not talking about illegals aliens who act as criminals.. there woulndt be difference if citizens or not.
Those have to be sent either jail or out now.

Come on all of you talking of history n all this shit..please
There are illegals honest and illegals who wanted to stay longer than their visa and able to do much more and much better than thousands of citizens!
Its a broken system that got to be fixed period.
It takes what it takes and it will be fixed.

Btw
Who of you history guys can say the 50 US states in less than ... 3 minutes?
Not even half an hour I guess..
NYM8387

United States

#41 Sep 10, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
It is surprising how few people know that. Many people seem to operate under the delusion that their families went through some sort of lengthy process before coming here. They don't realize that their families simply arrived one day unannounced.
I wonder what would happen to South Americans if they told those descendants of spaniards who still rule Mexico with an iron fist,that they deserve Mexican citizenship just because their ancestors invaded Mexico and took the land from the Aztecs. The things people say in support of amnesty are just laughable.
NYM8387

United States

#42 Sep 10, 2013
love america wrote:
All of you racist agaist just anything and intollerant to diversity and blind towards the engine of this country just like always been.. immigrants, people who believe here they would have a chance that they didn't have anywhere else, hard workers, intelligent workers, low and high skilled.. just people like us, trying to make it n trying to feed their loved ones..
I'm not talking about illegals aliens who act as criminals.. there woulndt be difference if citizens or not.
There are illegals honest and illegals who wanted to stay longer than their visa and able to do much more and much better than thousands of citizens!
Btw
illegal means illegal,just ask the Mexican government.the Law must be enforced.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#43 Sep 11, 2013
chief osceola wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are ok with those who came legally (the 9/11 hijackers for example) but consider a hard working Guatemalan immigrant working to feed his family somehow a threat to the USA?
You have a screw loose.
I didn't say that illegals were a threat, but they ARE illegal.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#44 Sep 11, 2013
chief osceola wrote:
<quoted text>
There were laws about who could/could not come back then?
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#45 Sep 11, 2013
love america wrote:
Btw
The words "immigrant" and "illegal" are not interchangeable. One is a legal activity, the other is not-hence the title "illegal".

"There are illegals honest and illegals who wanted to stay longer than their visa and able to do much more and much better than thousands of citizens!"

Is a "honest" illegal the same as a "honest" liar or an "honest" thief?
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#46 Sep 11, 2013
How do you respect people who have no respect for the law? The minute those illegals stepped over that border, over stayed their visas, etc. they became criminals. Now you ant us to receive them as neighbors, hire them for work, etc. No. We will welcome all legal immigrants, but illegal aliens must go home, and come back legally.
spud

Dallas, PA

#47 Sep 11, 2013
chief osceola wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you an idiot? The threat to American workers is in China and India where our jobs are being outsourced thanks to Obamanomics. The unemployment rate has nothing to do with immigration.
I am an idiot. Thank you for noticing. The idiot agrees with you that free trade destroyed millions of our jobs but free trade isn't an invention of Obama's. Free trade is the brainchild of NWO elitists, neocons, but Bill Clinton brought it to the Democratic party. This idiot doesn't understand your position that illegal aliens don't take our jobs. It's a known fact that at least 8 million illegals are currently working in the US. There are over 20 million unemployed Americans. Maybe I'm not the only idiot around these parts.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#48 Sep 11, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
There were laws about who could/could not come back then?
Actually there were no laws at all. People simply came. Later there were welcome centers set-up at Ellis Island and Angel Island, but this was basically just to record the names of the people who arrived. There were a few questions and a 7 second medical exam, but over 98% of people were able to enter the country within a couple of hours.

The laws we have in place now did not come into effect until the 1920's.
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#49 Sep 11, 2013
Of course there were laws. The medical exam was responsible for separating parents from children, and many people were sent back where they came from if they were ill, or mentally challenged. Plus they paid passage, they didn't just hop the border like thieves in the night. We were careful who we accepted, not like today where we welcome drunks, and rapists, criminals of all types, the world's pond scum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Republican candidate Walker calls building nort... 3 min goonsquad 64
News Trump: 'I have to do right thing' 11 min goonsquad 270
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 12 min fatbacksx 428
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 41 min D Valens 138,945
News NYC council speaker endorses Hillary Clinton fo... 1 hr Le Jimbo 9
News Donald Trump: Jorge Ramos 'like a madman' 1 hr Simon 222
News Donald Trump to the - Tonight Show' 1 hr Responsibiility 4
More from around the web