Immigration Debate: What's More Important- Border Security Or Protecting Immigrant Workers?

Sep 9, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Forbes.com

As billions of dollars of legal goods, as well as shipments of drugs and groups of undocumented immigrants continue to cross the U.S. border, immigration reform and border security have become a major topic of discussion.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of73
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Neither. What is important is protecting American worker.
Goya beans are yummy

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

The illegals need to be rounded up, placed in detention camps surrounded by barbed wire. They should be charged $10 a day for food and $20 a day if they want to sleep in a tent. Water and bread is free. They stay in the camps until their relatives in the US or back in their native shitpile send the monies owed, then they are deported. All property in the US is confiscated and sold at auction. If they come back, they do hard time.
Brenda besson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

All I can say is america and americans are all that matters.you loooooooooosers all need to get the hell out.with all the drama.no one cares.go home.thats what will happen.no amnesty or anything else is going to pass.then vote republican.get dems out.seal the border.go back to mexico your president is passing bills on insurance,unemployment insurance,just passed an education bill,got rid of 2huge cartels.go help him make the country grow.work at the new nissan plant they are building.get the hell out of my country.no reason to stay.
Brenda besson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

mexican pride lll wrote:
<quoted text> excuse mrs bison every body! What she really meant was Mooooooooooooo. Its kind of hard for her to find a mate every year in mating season... and just flips her $hit.
lol right ok thank you,oh no amnesty.
Brenda besson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Goya beans are yummy wrote:
The illegals need to be rounded up, placed in detention camps surrounded by barbed wire. They should be charged $10 a day for food and $20 a day if they want to sleep in a tent. Water and bread is free. They stay in the camps until their relatives in the US or back in their native shitpile send the monies owed, then they are deported. All property in the US is confiscated and sold at auction. If they come back, they do hard time.
right on,sounds good to me.
ronnie

Orem, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Brenda besson wrote:
All I can say is america and americans are all that matters.you loooooooooosers all need to get the hell out.with all the drama.no one cares.go home.thats what will happen.no amnesty or anything else is going to pass.then vote republican.get dems out.seal the border.go back to mexico your president is passing bills on insurance,unemployment insurance,just passed an education bill,got rid of 2huge cartels.go help him make the country grow.work at the new nissan plant they are building.get the hell out of my country.no reason to stay.
Good job Brenda but they aren't leaving anytime soon. The Obama regime has promised them more stuff... They are moving in friends and relatives by the dozens... I've seen it right here in Utah. But positive reinforcement with your determination helps the fight...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

What is really important is that our elected are obligated by our constitution to place the citizens first and foremost above all others.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

b4its2late wrote:
Stop letting Democrats "hold border security hostage" to try and get us to bend on illegal aliens..
Get tough on both.
Its time for the average Democratic voter to tell their party to secure the border..period.
Good news. It was done a long time ago. Net migration across the southern border has been less than zero since 2005. That is the elephant in the room that nobody mentions in this debate. Nobody is coming.
Brenda besson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

ronnie wrote:
<quoted text>Good job Brenda but they aren't leaving anytime soon. The Obama regime has promised them more stuff... They are moving in friends and relatives by the dozens... I've seen it right here in Utah. But positive reinforcement with your determination helps the fight...
I hear you,all I can say is as long as they are not legal we can someday get rid of them.we are almost at the point jan 1,2014 it will be for sure over.its not going to happen.we will get a new president and we take it from there,coz what do I always say? This is america watch and learn.maybe mexico will start looking good to them again,with the new presidents good work.
Brenda besson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Armando wrote:
How many sugar and cream for your coffee??? Anybody? Lol stupid ignorants. We are in negotiation, sorry...
ill take coffee with 3sugars and some cream,thanks.there is no talking,they will be talking about the debt ceiling,syria,and all house stuff.only 9work days fir the house in sept.no amnesty this year,try again in 2017.i hope you are laughing now veyjo.

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Good news. It was done a long time ago. Net migration across the southern border has been less than zero since 2005. That is the elephant in the room that nobody mentions in this debate. Nobody is coming.
You're so full of crap you9r eyes are brown.

Channel 2, Atlanta proves you so wrong you have no credibility at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

positronium wrote:
What is really important is that our elected are obligated by our constitution to place the citizens first and foremost above all others.
Too bad that our elected don't.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Source?
Armando

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Brenda besson wrote:
<quoted text> ill take coffee with 3sugars and some cream,thanks.there is no talking,they will be talking about the debt ceiling,syria,and all house stuff.only 9work days fir the house in sept.no amnesty this year,try again in 2017.i hope you are laughing now veyjo.
Hahaha Besson you need charge over time, girl you are working very hard in here, I hope you get what you deserve, now go to...work haha thank you for your bussiness.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Source?
Turner is always Turner's one and only source.
May Love

Woodside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

All these negatives comments about illegals, yes some of them are trouble but where did all these so call Americans came from? Trace your routes, each and everyone of your ancestors were immigrants. Maybe the Natives should have just deported them, then what? You would not be here talking crap.So,consider how lucky you are to feel proud to call yourself an American with Irish or Jewish or some other country's background.
spud

Dallas, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

They should be protecting our workers. That means getting rid of illegal aliens

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

May Love wrote:
All these negatives comments about illegals, yes some of them are trouble but where did all these so call Americans came from? Trace your routes, each and everyone of your ancestors were immigrants. Maybe the Natives should have just deported them, then what? You would not be here talking crap.So,consider how lucky you are to feel proud to call yourself an American with Irish or Jewish or some other country's background.
Don't know about your "routes" but when my ancestors came here in 1730 they didn't break any immigration laws.

What is it that you don't understand about "Illegal?"
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

There won't be any more talk of Amnesty this year, and next year is an election year where the Democrats have to pay for opening our borders to the world's pond scum. here won't be any more talk of Amnesty in an election year so change the make up of Congress from Democrat in the Senate, and give the House back to the Republicans, and you will get that change you wanted in 2008. You've seen what the Democrats in the Senate gave you. Nothing if you work for a living.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

May Love wrote:
You need to learn the difference difference between an immigrant and an illegal. If people want to come to this country LEGALLY, I will roll out the "welcome wagon", if they want to come here ILLEGALLY, I say send them back.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of73
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Immigration Reform Forum right now

Search the Immigration Reform Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Immigrants recount horror of being detained in... 19 min Quirky 7
Poverty is American, not racial, problem 27 min Earth Child 1 138
What If Republicans Capture the Senate? 45 min Adam 36 291
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 54 min The Awakener 218,699
Racist, rabid-right Republicans 1 hr Quirky 56
Teen Confesses Undocumented Status to Hillary C... 2 hr Jack Schortz 23
Jewish values at heart of immigration reform 2 hr Jack Schortz 251
•••
•••