Obama: House Will Accept Path to Citizenship in Immigration Bill

May 3, 2013 Full story: WABC-AM New York 145

President Barack Obama praised the Senate's bipartisan immigration bill and said he's confident that the House of Representatives can also pass a plan that includes a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.

Full Story
Big Bowl of Crazy

Los Angeles, CA

#67 May 6, 2013
tomin cali wrote:
if the house passes this bill it will prove they have been paid off,those with American values though will never sell citizenship,even if the dems see it as little value.
You poor little bigot. I guess the world for you will officially blow up and life for you will get more difficult now that a bunch of illegal Mexicans will be your equal. Maybe you should learn Spanish... after all, they're going to force it on you eventually.

Sux to be a bigot like you.

Maybe you should move to the moon.
chicagonut

Banning, CA

#68 May 6, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that alone would not solve the problem.
Fear, intimidation and "fortress America" are not the answer and there is more to reform than simply dealing with those who came here illegally.
Changing from "first come first served" to a more rational point based system of determining who gets to immigrate here legally is part of the reform proposals too.
Do you even know what that means or why it's important?
Our immigration system is out of date, unmanageable, breaking down and in desperate need of an overhaul.
Dealing with undocumented immigrants, legal immigration, regulating guest workers and increasing border security are all just pieces of a broader more sane approach toward immigration.
So it is fortress America to enforce our immmigration laws? Our immigration system isn't out of date for the most part. It is just that there are more poor, unskilled and uneducated ones that we cannot accomodate in jobs and resources. That is why we have annual quotas in the first place. Illegal immmigration negates that sane policy.

Our government will never get serious about real border security nor will they monitor these newly amnestied illegals for any fines, learning English, etc. I can just imagine what it would cost to do background checks and all the paperwork it would require to make this all happen. In case you haven't looked we are broke! No, they need to go home and start the legal process in their homelands and if they are rejected because we don't need them they will just have to accept that and work on improving their own countries.

And furthermore we need to implement e-verify across the board, deny benefits to illegals who come here and end birthright citizenship for them. This will deter future illegal immigration.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#71 May 6, 2013
laugh4-ignorance_76 wrote:
<quoted text> well just the other day at the Dr.office and just so happen a girl with 5children pregnant again with twins.when she was called to pay she handed her Medicaid card.and she wasn't Mexican...imagine how much other gov.services her and her soon to be 7 children are awarded every month..but most of her reply when asked where her or her spouse were employed ..neither of them were..
1 white and 20 million illegals.
Juan Too

United States

#72 May 6, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
What an bunch of bullshit your rhetoric is
Wrong. Mexicans don't get diabetes, high blood pressure, or any of numerous panzy arse diseases that gringos get. We simply work too hard every day. Sun up to sun down.

“Je Suis Charlie”

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#73 May 6, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, Jaxx. I haven't talked to you in forever. I hope all is well with you. Back to topic, the bottomline is that what the gang of 8 is working towards is going to cost beaucoups d'argent. This country is already slipping on a banana peel of major debt, we simply cannot afford to pay for this proposed debacle. It would come out of Americans' pockets, not that of the illegals. Something is very wrong with that picture.
Hey Teddy4me, it has been a while.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean about it coming out of the taxpayers pocket.

From what I understand the proposed reforms would require anyone that gets adjusted status to work, pay taxes and they wouldn't be eligible for federal benefits.

Am I wrong about that?

The two big sticking points for me are the path to citizenship,(I've never liked that idea) and border security.

With even the chance for citizenship at least ten years down the road that makes border security and other measures to prevent the next wave of illegal immigration top priority when it comes to these reforms.

For better or worse I think these reforms are going to happen and I would like to see them include clear measures to prevent us from getting in this mess again.
just me and so what

Chicago, IL

#74 May 6, 2013
Juan Too wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Mexicans don't get diabetes, high blood pressure, or any of numerous panzy arse diseases that gringos get. We simply work too hard every day. Sun up to sun down.
Guess what, Mexicans do get Diabetes,High-Blood Pressure and also they come across the Border suffering from Mental Illness among other disorders/ ailments. How do I know you ask?.... I've encountered many patients(in my profession)/Mexicans with such disorders. So, you are wrong and delusional. Stop acting as if Mexicans(your ilk) are super special humans.
Big Bowl of Crazy

Los Angeles, CA

#75 May 6, 2013
Juan Too wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so ignorant.

Diabetes is rampant in Mexico. Now go eat a taco and be quiet!!

Diabetes in Mexico
Eating themselves to death

MEXICO has long been a country that derives extraordinary pleasure from eating and drinking—and it hasn’t minded the consequences much either. Gordo or gorda, meaning “chubby”, is used by both wives and husbands as a term of endearment. Pudgy kids bear proudly the nickname gordito, as they tuck into snacks after school slathered with beans, cheese, cream and salsa.

Your correspondent, having just arrived to live in Mexico City after more than a decade away, finds the increase in waistlines even more staggering than the increase in traffic. Mexico has become one of the most overweight countries on earth, even more so than the United States; a quarter of its men and a third of its women are obese. Indecorously, the country has even come up with figures on figures: the Mexican Diabetes Federation says that among women between 20 and 49, the average waistline is 91.1cm (35.9 inches), more than 10cm above the “ideal” size. Stores are now full of large- and extra large-sized clothing.

Time was, a prominent girth may have been enviable proof of relative prosperity. Now, it is a serious health risk. At a conference here on April 9th it was estimated that more than 10m Mexicans, or almost a sixth of the adult population, suffer from diabetes, largely because of over-eating and increasingly sedentary lifestyles. Mexico has the sixth most cases of diabetes in the world.

Diabetes is one of the top two causes of death in the country, alongside (and occasionally overlapping with) heart disease. The diabetes federation says that the illness kills 70,000 people a year. However, it gets far less attention than much less deadly diseases such as HIV/AIDS, not to mention organised crime (which is responsible for roughly 60,000 deaths in the past six years).“It could get to the point where we are literally eating ourselves to death,” says Jesper Holland of Novo Nordisk, a Danish health-care company that is a big supplier of insulin to Mexico.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/americasview/2...
Big Bowl of Crazy

Los Angeles, CA

#76 May 6, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Teddy4me, it has been a while.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean about it coming out of the taxpayers pocket.
From what I understand the proposed reforms would require anyone that gets adjusted status to work, pay taxes and they wouldn't be eligible for federal benefits.
Am I wrong about that?
The two big sticking points for me are the path to citizenship,(I've never liked that idea) and border security.
With even the chance for citizenship at least ten years down the road that makes border security and other measures to prevent the next wave of illegal immigration top priority when it comes to these reforms.
For better or worse I think these reforms are going to happen and I would like to see them include clear measures to prevent us from getting in this mess again.
The anti-illegal crowd will make shit up about everything costing the tax payer in accordance with their fear mongering tactic. They'll just point to some fuzzy math, right wing bullshit or some half truth so-called patriot website as their hard facts to support their claims.
Big Bowl of Crazy

Los Angeles, CA

#77 May 6, 2013
just me and so what wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess what, Mexicans do get Diabetes,High-Blood Pressure and also they come across the Border suffering from Mental Illness among other disorders/ ailments. How do I know you ask?.... I've encountered many patients(in my profession)/Mexicans with such disorders. So, you are wrong and delusional. Stop acting as if Mexicans(your ilk) are super special humans.
White people also have mental disorders, are fat and spread diseases. Just look at the string of recent gun related massacres. All committed by the hands of mentally ill white people.

But you do what a bigot does best... pretend that the white trash race are gleaming mirror images of Jesus Christ.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#78 May 6, 2013
Juan Too wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost every Mexican gets type11 diabetes. And high blood pressure, they are full of grease and beans.
Big Bowl of Crazy

Los Angeles, CA

#79 May 6, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>Almost every Mexican gets type11 diabetes. And high blood pressure, they are full of grease and beans.
If they're full of grease and beans then you must be full of shit!!!
see the light

El Paso, TX

#80 May 6, 2013
Big Bowl of Crazy wrote:
<quoted text>
If they're full of grease and beans then you must be full of shit!!!
Not hardly, Im no beaner!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#81 May 6, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
If they aren't living in the "shadows" then why can't we agree on how many of them there are?
Look, if we have millions of people working without documentation, often being paid well below what a legal worker would have to be paid for the same work and receiving few if any job related benefits that brings down the prevailing wages for every other worker.
They are very much a part of the "shadow economy" and as long as they remain undocumented it will stay that way.
We are simply not going to deport millions of people, especially those who were brought here as children and have grown up knowing America as their home.
You're entitled to your opinion, but that argument is over.
Bringing them into the system, getting them documented and insisting that they contribute just like everyone else is the only way we are going to get a handle on this.
Immigration reform is going to happen and it will probably include a path toward citizenship so it's time to drop the "deport them all" crap and get serious.
We have to make sure that strong measures to prevent the next wave of illegal immigration are a part of these reforms and refusing to accept reality isn't going to make that happen.
we will see. this is not going to pass. obama and his treasonous crew can keep trying hopefully it will end up with o being thrown out.
Chicopee

Danbury, CT

#82 May 6, 2013
LaVoz wrote:
I am glad to see that Republicans and Democrats finally came together to fix our immigration system. Lets not forget that America was founded by immigrants fleeing England. So we all have been "immigrants" at one point. Its funny how people throw that word out in comments and try to use it as a word to Offend those hard working people who come to the United States for a better opportunity to work hard for a better life for their families. Remember that we fled England by boat and crossed the ocean for a better life and to be free from the British Parliament unconstitutional taxes. We are immigrants as well so lets not begin to point fingers and call names. Lets fix this broken system because after all We All Are Immigrants who came to the United States For A better LIFE.
No one came here from England to flee British Parliament and taxes, and early Colonials came from a lot more places than England. They came for religious reasons, fleeing tyranny and occupation (often BY England) and they came for opportunity for a better existence than the one they had.
To do that, they had to embark on an ocean journey that spanned two to four months long, with a high probability of malnourishment, disease and death and many arrived here with little more than the clothes on their backs.
This appealed to the most adventurous, daring or desperate souls seeking a better life...one they had to make for themselves, by themselves.
That better life meant sink or swim, work or go hungry, not SNAP, welfare and Medicaid. They didn't arrive on these shores and find themselves provided with a home, food, clothing and free medical care.
Today is a different time, a different system and a different mindset. If not for all the freebies, which aren't free at all, half of them wouldn't be here...and the half that would be here would make great Americans.
just me and so what

Chicago, IL

#83 May 6, 2013
Big Bowl of Crazy wrote:
<quoted text>
White people also have mental disorders, are fat and spread diseases. Just look at the string of recent gun related massacres. All committed by the hands of mentally ill white people.
But you do what a bigot does best... pretend that the white trash race are gleaming mirror images of Jesus Christ.
Note what "Juan too" wrote...
Juan Too Said(commented):

ME: Big Bowl of Crazy, this is the reason I answered as I did to "juan too".
I don't have to go through all this trouble, but I want you to realize that "Juan too" talks a lot,knows nothing and you follow right behind in ignorance.

Level 1

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#84 May 6, 2013
Chapalapa wrote:
Illegal mexicans do not pay taxes. If they work legally they have a phony or stolen ss number. All the cash they make as day laborer goes back ti Mexico. To he'll with Obama Fix our country and deport every last illegal back to the sewer they came from. Also deport the Kenyan born president as he has no right to hold office
...Lord I hope they don't forget you when they start..Cause if they sending them to the sewer That is most where like you migrated from..lmbo...

Level 1

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#85 May 6, 2013
Chicopee wrote:
<quoted text>
No one came here from England to flee British Parliament and taxes, and early Colonials came from a lot more places than England. They came for religious reasons, fleeing tyranny and occupation (often BY England) and they came for opportunity for a better existence than the one they had.
To do that, they had to embark on an ocean journey that spanned two to four months long, with a high probability of malnourishment, disease and death and many arrived here with little more than the clothes on their backs.
This appealed to the most adventurous, daring or desperate souls seeking a better life...one they had to make for themselves, by themselves.
That better life meant sink or swim, work or go hungry, not SNAP, welfare and Medicaid. They didn't arrive on these shores and find themselves provided with a home, food, clothing and free medical care...
Today is a different time, a different system and a different mindset. If not for all the freebies, which aren't free at all, half of them wouldn't be here...and the half that would be here would make great Americans.
.Yale are are wrong common sense ppl..Yale act as if Mexicans aren't human Well news Flash they are and God made them as well as the other races and they get illnesses just like any other human ..and They Do deserved to be treated equal..and I don't look down on them for going to another country for a better life..I mean if you say you wouldn't that's a lie.or your sorry as hell I mean we ain't talking about they come here to get rich I mean to be able to provide everyday necessaties not wants.like food,clothes.I am not going to lie Yes I do think the gov. has to do something to help our country but deport them isn't going to help us..They don't bother me I just hope they Do the right thing and give them a chance to the ones who have family.Cause I ain't going to lie I couldn't stand the thought of my children crying them selves to sleep hungry.But I sure don't know how long or if I could even make it in the deserts and many don't.Its sad that alto of childrens last memory is their parents leaving to go make a better life for them and never see them again...Mexico is gruesome..Really...I mean the way American ppl are "Some" Jesus Christ wouldn't be welcome here he would be Illegal...Put yourself in others shoes before you start throwing all those hateful comments out there...
monica

UK

#86 May 7, 2013
My name is monica Anna I was rejected by my husband after 10 years of marriage just because another woman and he left me and the kids to suffer. One day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address Agbabor14demons@yahoo.com helped a woman to get back her husband and i wrote him a mail through his address and he told me that a woman had a spell on my husband and he told me that he will help me, and after 3 days that i will have my husband back. I believed him because of his polite approach and sincerity and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back because i am now happy with my husband.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#87 May 7, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
What an bunch of bullshit your rhetoric is. Lets exam it shall we? If were allow Pedro the illegal to stay and he is to "contribute" to the system lets say he actually does (which is all theory since no rate structure is the law yet.) Then lets estimate Pedro will pay a whopping $20 or $25 dollars a week for his portion of healthcare/benefits cost. Pedro's a good worker so we can feel good about his participation level in the "system". This is what saying you is true but not the whole picture and real story.
Now to the real story. Pedro is married and has 6 children under the age of 12. Mrs. Pedro is pregnant again with #7 and her sister has 4 with one on the way plus granny Pedro, Mrs. Pedro's mother and aunties Maria, Sophia and their families are here also. All together the entire related family there are approximately 35 members.
All are in the country illegally except the very youngest of the family the children which are American citizens because they were born in California, Arizona, Texas. Now the family resides in Arkansas and live in what used to be a nice neighborhood for middle class americans. There are cars parked in the street and front yards onn concrete blocks throughout the neighborhood, no one mows the lawn and chairs, bikes and even garbage is laying all over the lawns and streets.
Groups of Mexicans are roaming the streets. But lets go back to the saga of Pedro the good worker. He filed for SNAP program for his entire family then they in turn filed and so the story continues with all members of the "family" receiving SNAP benefits. The pregnant members of the family are receiving healthcare for their prenatal needs. The other members of the family have few health issues except the older aunts who are receiving blood pressure medicine and one has allergies which require shots.
Then a uncle with diabetes has insulin but they get for free since they don't have jobs. Pedro's children attend a local school and eat free lunches everyday because Pedro doesn't make enough money to require contribution to cover cost. All children are American citizens so all state and federal programs they are eligible for anyway.
Explain how in the hell the balance sheet you could possibly be balanced when Pedro is paying only $20 to $25 a week?
He doesn't pay his way does he? His family is a "drain" on a system which is already in trouble BEFORE Pedro and his family is "added" to the system.
*Mrs. Pedro's sister is unmarried by her gang banger boyfriend that is a member of MS13. He stays with the family when he isn't doing drive by shootings or selling drugs on the streets.
Check out local news in Palm Beach County in Florida where an illegal immigrant who was previously convicted of drug running and was deported. Then the illegal immigrant crossed into our borders again (border security is a joke!)and found his way to Palm Beach County where he set up a new business venture. His new "kids party-planning business" was advertised on FaceBook along with his picture which law enforcement recognized and re-arrested the illegal immigrant again which is also a convicted felon and a member of MS13.

*Javier Majarres

PBC-local news

5/06/2013
EXAMPLE:

Illegal Alien With 10 US Born Kids, Leaving Arizona Due To SB 1070

&fe ature=related

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#88 May 7, 2013
laugh4-ignorance_76 wrote:
<quoted text>.

Yale are are wrong common sense ppl..Yale act as if Mexicans aren't human Well news Flash they are and God made them as well as the other races and they get illnesses just like any other human ..and They Do deserved to be treated equal..and I don't look down on them for going to another country for a better life.
Did you whine that loud when this was going on?

Police Watch as SB1070 Illegal alien supporters desecrate US Flag during National Anthem

"You Are White, You Don't Belong in America" - Brown Berets at All-Star Game

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Why are they carrying the MEXICAN flag?
Los Brown Berets de Aztlan

RIOT! Anarcho-Fascists Trash Santa Cruz

Illegal Aliens Receive Billions in IRS Tax Benefits

Friday, 23 Sept 2011 05:17 PM

By James Walsh

On July 7, 2011, the U.S. Department of Treasury's inspector general for tax administration issued a startling report entitled "Individuals Who Are Not Authorized to Work in the United States Were Paid $4.2 Billion in Refundable Credits."

No wonder the nation's finances are in turmoil.

******It is clear that unauthorized aliens are filing ITIN tax returns with fraudulent data.******

The Treasury report found that "One common type of
fraudulent refund involves taxpayers fabricating a Wage and Tax Statement (Form W-2) that shows excess withholding and results in a tax refund."

Read more on Newsmax.com : Illegal Aliens Receive Billions in IRS Tax
Benefits

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Obama's presidency be saved? 9 min positronium 1,880
Obama calls out GOP on immigration policy 12 min Far Away 30
Obama Threatens Consequences If Law Enforcement... 1 hr Who Guessed It 2
If immigrants win under Obama order, does someo... 1 hr Who Guessed It 489
Race an issue for Hazleton mayoral candidate 2 hr Sean Donahue 1815 1
Wonkbook: After a long fight, the FCC is about ... 2 hr okimar 4
Senator David Perdue Votes Against Loretta Lync... 5 hr wild child 1
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 9 hr Just Slim 137,573
More from around the web