U.S. ending pursuit of illegal immigr...

U.S. ending pursuit of illegal immigrants who commit minor crimes

There are 149 comments on the San Jose Mercury News story from Dec 22, 2012, titled U.S. ending pursuit of illegal immigrants who commit minor crimes. In it, San Jose Mercury News reports that:

Federal agents no longer will scoop up jailed illegal immigrants who had been picked up by police for traffic offenses and other petty crimes, the nation's top immigration enforcer announced Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Jose Mercury News.

freebird

Long Beach, CA

#129 Jan 5, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Done with me? You were never ready for me.
He's finally seen the light. You just can't debate with a moron like you.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#130 Jan 5, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
He's finally seen the light. You just can't debate with a moron like you.
Very good. Your post looked like it was written in English. That's quite an accomplishment for you.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#131 Jan 5, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good. Your post looked like it was written in English. That's quite an accomplishment for you.
Herp Derp!
FritoBandito

San Diego, CA

#133 Jan 6, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Herp Derp!
So you're still reeling, after getting your face punched in by a Mexican who took your job. Cry me a river....
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#134 Jan 6, 2013
FritoBandito wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're still reeling, after getting your face punched in by a Mexican who took your job. Cry me a river....
Punched in the face by a Mexicant, never happened. Why you ask? They only attack women and children, or men if there is a group of them against one. Mexicant never too my job dumbazz.
FritoBandito

San Diego, CA

#135 Jan 6, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Punched in the face by a Mexicant, never happened. Why you ask? They only attack women and children, or men if there is a group of them against one. Mexicant never too my job dumbazz.
Sober up and then check back.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#136 Jan 12, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how many times you say the same thing it is still BS. Please just one example. Just one.
http://www.romenews-tribune.com/view/full_sto...
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#137 Jan 12, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
Really? It took over a week to respond and all you can come up with is an irrelevant article that has nothing to do with your claims.

Show some pride and give up.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#138 Jan 13, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? It took over a week to respond and all you can come up with is an irrelevant article that has nothing to do with your claims.
Show some pride and give up.
What claim? You asked for one instance where an illegal alien was given a free pass for the exact same offence that a citizen would not be given a free pass for. If you do not want an example then don't ask for it. As for it taking a week. Some of us have to work and pay taxes. You might give it a try.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#139 Jan 13, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
What claim? You asked for one instance where an illegal alien was given a free pass for the exact same offence that a citizen would not be given a free pass for. If you do not want an example then don't ask for it. As for it taking a week. Some of us have to work and pay taxes. You might give it a try.
You claim repeatedly that illegal immigrants are being REWARDED for the EXACT same offenses that Americans would be punished for. It was a remarkable claim and I was looking forward to seeing an example. Even one. Oddly you can keep making the claim, but you can never provide an example.
BRAZILIAN LOVER

Saint Petersburg, FL

#140 Jan 13, 2013
ima wrote:
<quoted text> income tax evasion is a major crime.....that is stealing from the US government and think of all the years in taxes YOU OWE! AND USING FRAUDULENT DOCUMENTS as you brag of doing including drivers license only adds to your spotless record. They're coming after you, sooner or later you'll be history.
NOT ALL OF THE PEOPLE HERE ARE CRIMINALS. I KNOW FIRST HAND OF SEVERAL PEOPLE HERE THAT DO PAY TAXES!! OBEY ALL THE LAWS!! USE THERE OWN IDS(PASSPORT). AND DONT DRIVE FOR THE FACT THEY DONT HAVE A LICENSE. SO DONT JUDGE BEFORE KNOWING ALL FACTS ! EVERYONES SITUATION IS NOT THE SAME.. BESIDES THAT WAT ABOUT MOST AMERICANS WELFARE FRUAD, TAX FRAUD AND ETC.. SEE ITS NOT JUST ILLEGALS!
IM AMERICAN AND SEE THIS . KNOW AL THE FACTS FOR EACH CASE!
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#141 Jan 13, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim repeatedly that illegal immigrants are being REWARDED for the EXACT same offenses that Americans would be punished for. It was a remarkable claim and I was looking forward to seeing an example. Even one. Oddly you can keep making the claim, but you can never provide an example.
You are a liar. You keep repeating the same lie over and over again. I never said what you claim and I have repeatedly challenged you to prove that I posted the remarks you keep claiming I posted. I provided an example of what you claim I said but still you persist in making a fool and a liar of yourself and deny the facts. I should expect no more from a person who supports illegal aliens and the crimes they commit. I suggest that like the woman in the article I posted you should drive without a license and insurance and assault police officers when you are arrested. I’ll bet you don’t get a free pass like the illegal alien in the article.
As I have said before all illegal aliens and their supporters are liars and criminals. Thanks for proving right, again.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#142 Jan 14, 2013
BRAZILIAN LOVER wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT ALL OF THE PEOPLE HERE ARE CRIMINALS. I KNOW FIRST HAND OF SEVERAL PEOPLE HERE THAT DO PAY TAXES!! OBEY ALL THE LAWS!! USE THERE OWN IDS(PASSPORT). AND DONT DRIVE FOR THE FACT THEY DONT HAVE A LICENSE. SO DONT JUDGE BEFORE KNOWING ALL FACTS ! EVERYONES SITUATION IS NOT THE SAME.. BESIDES THAT WAT ABOUT MOST AMERICANS WELFARE FRUAD, TAX FRAUD AND ETC.. SEE ITS NOT JUST ILLEGALS!
IM AMERICAN AND SEE THIS . KNOW AL THE FACTS FOR EACH CASE!
Really???? Are you daft???? If they OBET all the laws, they wouldn't be in this country ILLEGALLY, now would they??? The fact is, they are here without permission...period. My favorite myth is the one about them not driving because they don't have a license. Thanks for the laugh of the day. Do tell, how do they get to the jobs they hold, you know the one that forces them to pay all these taxes????

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#143 Jan 14, 2013
s/b: OBEY...I can't stop laughing.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#144 Jan 14, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar. You keep repeating the same lie over and over again. I never said what you claim and I have repeatedly challenged you to prove that I posted the remarks you keep claiming I posted. I provided an example of what you claim I said but still you persist in making a fool and a liar of yourself and deny the facts. I should expect no more from a person who supports illegal aliens and the crimes they commit. I suggest that like the woman in the article I posted you should drive without a license and insurance and assault police officers when you are arrested. I’ll bet you don’t get a free pass like the illegal alien in the article.
As I have said before all illegal aliens and their supporters are liars and criminals. Thanks for proving right, again.
Seriously? Where did I get the idea that you claim illegal immigrants are exempt from prosecution and are rewarded by the government for committing crimes.

I probably got the idea for reading the following posts on this thread:

Post 26

True there is a double standard. If you are citizens and commit a civil offence you will most likely pay a fine and possibly in the extreme case receive a short jail sentence. If you are an illegal alien you get a free pass.

Post 50

LOL If you are allowed to continue committing a crime with the full knowledge of authorities and you are not prosecuted, the term “free pass” it a perfect term.

Post 90

Remember that the “Justice Department” has blocked states from prosecuting illegal aliens.

Post 92

The topic is that illegal aliens will no longer be prosecuted or deported even if they commit a minor crime. Since they cannot be prosecuted by state and local authorities

Post 102

The government refuses to prosecute them or even deport them.

Post 107

U.S. ending pursuit of illegal immigrants who commit minor crimes

Post 112

It is about illegal aliens getting a free pass and being allowed to violate the law even when that fact is brought to the attention of federal authorities.

Post 115

Illegal aliens get a free pass for their crimes

Post 123

Illegal aliens which at the very least should be deported even if they are not punished are allowed to continue breaking the law with no penalty and the blessing of the federal government.

At least you are consistent.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#145 Jan 14, 2013
So where did I say what you claim? I admit that I posted what I posted and I stand by my posts and you have been unable to disprove what I have said but I did not post what you said I posted. I did not say illegal aliens are rewarded for breaking the law and I never said that illegal aliens get a free pass for breaking the same laws that Americans are prosecuted for. I did post an article that showed an illegal alien who was given a pass for driving without a license, insurance and assaulting an officer, all things that Americans are prosecuted for every day. I am consistent as you say.Unlike you I do not claim that people posted things they did not post and I consistently point out your lies.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#146 Jan 14, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
So where did I say what you claim? I admit that I posted what I posted and I stand by my posts and you have been unable to disprove what I have said but I did not post what you said I posted. I did not say illegal aliens are rewarded for breaking the law and I never said that illegal aliens get a free pass for breaking the same laws that Americans are prosecuted for. I did post an article that showed an illegal alien who was given a pass for driving without a license, insurance and assaulting an officer, all things that Americans are prosecuted for every day. I am consistent as you say.Unlike you I do not claim that people posted things they did not post and I consistently point out your lies.
Oh stop. You look ridiculous.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#148 Jan 14, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh stop. You look ridiculous.
I do feel a bit the fool having a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
Sadly there is nobody on here who supports illegal immigration that can handle having a true debate on the subject without resorting to name calling, lying and calling people racist. I suppose when you are trying to defend an undependable opinion there is no other option.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#149 Jan 14, 2013
Sorry undefendable
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#150 Jan 14, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
I do feel a bit the fool having a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
Sadly there is nobody on here who supports illegal immigration that can handle having a true debate on the subject without resorting to name calling, lying and calling people racist. I suppose when you are trying to defend an undependable opinion there is no other option.
Uh huh. Show some pride and just give up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 2 min An NFL Fan 3,307
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 4 min WasteWater 9,750
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 4 min Frankie Rizzo 605
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 8 min Just Think 6,617
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 20 min Fukanig 231
News Sharyl Attkisson: Homeland Security Mum on U.S.... 1 hr spud 4
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 2 hr quetzalcoatl 141,564
More from around the web