Asylum seekers at Southwest US border...

Asylum seekers at Southwest US border double

There are 9 comments on the SavannahNow story from Aug 16, 2013, titled Asylum seekers at Southwest US border double. In it, SavannahNow reports that:

Requests for asylum in the United States along the Southwest border with Mexico have more than doubled over the last three years as immigrants seek legal entry into the country by claiming fear of persecution back home, according to figures released the federal government released Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SavannahNow.

See the Light

El Paso, TX

#1 Aug 17, 2013
That's one way to get over, maybe I should go to Mexico and tell them I'm afraid of the drug cartel that came over here.
spud

United States

#2 Aug 17, 2013
These asylum seekers are laughing at our politicians who refuse to enforce our laws. They know they can get away with anything.
See the Light

El Paso, TX

#3 Aug 17, 2013
spud wrote:
These asylum seekers are laughing at our politicians who refuse to enforce our laws. They know they can get away with anything.
True, we deserve to be invaded and taken advantage of. We don't try to prevent it.
Brenda besson

United States

#4 Aug 17, 2013
This wont be working,everyone is on to it.
Frank

Zephyrhills, FL

#5 Aug 17, 2013
Checking in for that Obama Care
fingiswold

Streetsboro, OH

#6 Aug 18, 2013
shoot 'em down at the border
Brenda besson

United States

#7 Aug 18, 2013
spud wrote:
yes laughing for now.but soon they wont be laughing but we will.nothinag will change until obama leaves.they can wait for months and still not get asylum.we need an american republican with balls to clean up the country,but it can be done.hang in there,as long as they are not legal all is good.tables will turn.almost as bad as 9/11.
Hollly

United States

#8 Aug 18, 2013
What is happening?
Adale

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Aug 18, 2013
Hollly wrote:
What is happening?
Hush...if your quiet you can sneak in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Canadian police intercept 22 people on U.S.-Man... 6 min spytheweb 1
News Phoenix immigrant deported to Mexico amid protests 10 min coco 140
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 12 min Mustang 20,909
News Feds say border fence has been cut 9,200 times ... 17 min Texxy the Selfie Cat 9
News Thousands descend on downtown LA for a Free the... 21 min Matthew 20
News Critics say El Paso arrest may deter immigrants... 32 min Need big busses 11
News US arrests Mexican immigrant in Seattle covered... 36 min Matthew 9
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 9 hr Just Slim 144,304
More from around the web