Raising Arizona's border line

Raising Arizona's border line

There are 53 comments on the smh.com.au story from Mar 16, 2013, titled Raising Arizona's border line. In it, smh.com.au reports that:

Fenced in: A barrier of five-metre metal poles splits the American city of Nogales, Arizona, from Nogales, Mexico.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at smh.com.au.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
IN ALL FAIRNESS

Chula Vista, CA

#42 Mar 21, 2013
fritobandito wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no link. Boring....
There is more than one problem with the U.S. economy and our high rate of umemployment is one of the major ones. There are milllions and millions of people here, illegally or as the result of illegal entry, who are working within the U.S. Why would employers hire an illegal as opposed to one of the millions of American citzens who are actively seeking employment? The answer is simple: the bottom line. Our society has a formed belief that a Mexican equates to cheap labor - wether consciously or subconsciously. For the same reason that American companies hire illegals over qualified Americans is the same reason why American car manufacturers moved their operations to Mexico - Mexican labor has become synonimous with CHEAP. This policy is dangerous in many ways - better qualified legal Mexicans are viewed the same with cheap labor on the minds of the businesses doing the hiring; bismesses hiring anyone - illegal or American citizen know that because there are so many illegals standing in line behind each applicant, they can pay pitilence wages (below poverty wages); and for the many businesses that hire cheap, disposable, labor they hire illegals...which brings me right back to my orignal point: illegals cost American jobs - if every illegal or person here as the result of illegal activity was forced out of that posiion or deported back to their home countries an American can replace them - bettering our economy instead of the economy of Mexico from the millions of dollors sent to mexico every month.
fritobandito

San Diego, CA

#43 Mar 22, 2013
IN ALL FAIRNESS wrote:
<quoted text>
There is more than one problem with the U.S. economy and our high rate of umemployment is one of the major ones. There are milllions and millions of people here, illegally or as the result of illegal entry, who are working within the U.S. Why would employers hire an illegal as opposed to one of the millions of American citzens who are actively seeking employment? The answer is simple: the bottom line. Our society has a formed belief that a Mexican equates to cheap labor - wether consciously or subconsciously. For the same reason that American companies hire illegals over qualified Americans is the same reason why American car manufacturers moved their operations to Mexico - Mexican labor has become synonimous with CHEAP. This policy is dangerous in many ways - better qualified legal Mexicans are viewed the same with cheap labor on the minds of the businesses doing the hiring; bismesses hiring anyone - illegal or American citizen know that because there are so many illegals standing in line behind each applicant, they can pay pitilence wages (below poverty wages); and for the many businesses that hire cheap, disposable, labor they hire illegals...which brings me right back to my orignal point: illegals cost American jobs - if every illegal or person here as the result of illegal activity was forced out of that posiion or deported back to their home countries an American can replace them - bettering our economy instead of the economy of Mexico from the millions of dollors sent to mexico every month.
This an overbearing post, wanting to use a blanket explanation why the Mexican/the illegal is to blame why Americans (you should say of all backgrounds, but don't) are unemployed. The numbers don't bear you out.

There are approximately 11 to 12 million illegal aliens in the US, more than half of this number are Mexican. That means that about 6 to 7 million are in fact Mexican. Now, how in blazes can a workforce-most of that number don't actually work, since many are children and women-of that quantity affect the lives of over 310 million US citizens? The numbers just aren't there, in light of the fact that most do menial work that most Americans/US citizens never did and won't do. How can one who works the fields, picking strawberries or lettuce, cleaning toilets or doing other work, lets say in the back of some restaurant, be that impacting on an economy that is driven by those that occupy much higher echelon jobs? There's no sense to your argument.
ima

El Paso, TX

#44 Mar 22, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on down my little girl..........
5k says you are too scared to even go one 5 minute round with my wife........Golds Gym or my house???
tell us why you claimed you bought a ticket to come shut me up but then ran away like a little girl?????
Yea, frito.... COME ON DOWN!.....and take his offer you coward girly boy...retired BP,... SURE like anyone would believe this.....a law man wouldn't behave as you do.
pinchejuan

United States

#45 Mar 22, 2013
And I thought you haters of the dreaded other were boring enough, but the childish drivel of Bandito and Here is one trying to convince an uncaring audience which of them has the largest member is even worse. Well, I, for one, just did another 4,000 mile drive through Mexico, just me and my birddog, with stops on the Pacific and Gulf coasts. If someone wants to know some facts about current conditions and cool places, just ask. And I dont care what you tjink about the relative size of my manhood nor do I wish a physical altercation with any of you.
ima

El Paso, TX

#46 Mar 22, 2013
pinchejuan wrote:
And I thought you haters of the dreaded other were boring enough, but the childish drivel of Bandito and Here is one trying to convince an uncaring audience which of them has the largest member is even worse. Well, I, for one, just did another 4,000 mile drive through Mexico, just me and my birddog, with stops on the Pacific and Gulf coasts. If someone wants to know some facts about current conditions and cool places, just ask. And I dont care what you tjink about the relative size of my manhood nor do I wish a physical altercation with any of you.
We don't CARE! WHY DID YOU COME BACK? to convince us all that it's just peachy in Mexico? AGAIN WE DON'T CARE OR GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOUR MEJICO LINDO.
Serrano Red

United States

#47 Mar 22, 2013
Sirius wrote:
Still there are many idiots that want to cross to the racist state of Arizona.
Mexico should guard their borders better there.
Arizona is not racist they just don't want any illegal criminals
fritobandito

United States

#48 Mar 22, 2013
ima wrote:
<quoted text> Yea, frito.... COME ON DOWN!.....and take his offer you coward girly boy...retired BP,... SURE like anyone would believe this.....a law man wouldn't behave as you do.
You can go in my place, silly boy! BTW, a lawman would make every effort to sack you up and throw you in the poky and get rid of the key.
pinchejuan

United States

#49 Mar 23, 2013
ima wrote:
<quoted text> We don't CARE! WHY DID YOU COME BACK? to convince us all that it's just peachy in Mexico? AGAIN WE DON'T CARE OR GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOUR MEJICO LINDO.
Which, of course, explains why you spend time on a site named Topix:Mexico. Oh, you wantno facts, just a chance to trash the other. I understand.
Badtothebone

Bronx, NY

#50 Mar 23, 2013
Now that ILuvMexMen has gone to Mexico to take on all Mexican men, this "barrier" was created to keep her there and prevent her from spreading her STD's. I feel this was a waste of money because she prefers little beaner weiner and would never come back here where real men reside.
fritobandito

United States

#56 Mar 23, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you are claiming law man again
But yet you could not get even one to come and arrest me like you claimed
Tell us why you got too scared to show up???
I'm working on it. You could expedite the matter if your scared rump showed up in SD, but you won't.
fritobandito

United States

#57 Mar 23, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
We should send all of you back to prison in Mexico
Is that why you canceled your trip to come beat me up???
Were you scared you would not get back across the border???
Still here.... Your ranting won't change a thing. Maybe if you rant hard enough, you'll have a stroke.
fritobandito

United States

#58 Mar 23, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why you are too scared of Bonnie to beat her up like you claimed you were going to do?????
Stop making up stories, liar, otherwise provide a link?
Badtothebone

Bronx, NY

#59 Mar 23, 2013
Badtothebone wrote:
Now that ILuvMexMen has gone to Mexico to take on all Mexican men, this "barrier" was created to keep her there and prevent her from spreading her STD's. I feel this was a waste of money because she prefers little beaner weiner and would never come back here where real men reside.
Wow, I got spam, clueless, and disagree ratings for the above post! The ratings must be from people who were doing ILuvMexMen.
You all had better get your aids, std, and distemper shots right away! Bbbbwhahahahahaha!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 2 hr American Werewolves 145,670
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... 2 hr WhollyConcrete 8
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? 3 hr Valerie 5,195
News President Trump to meet with Pope Francis 4 hr Rico from East Lo... 4
News Milbank: Trumpa s cruel budget is merely propag... 4 hr tomin cali 3
News '60 Minutes': 800-Plus Churches are Sanctuaries... 5 hr anotherview 2
News Trump administration appears to ease up on its ... 5 hr Wildchild 3
More from around the web