How should the US deal with Illegal Immigration?

Created by Topix Pollster on Oct 4, 2007

150,421 votes

Click on an option to vote

Amnesty

Path to citizenship

Guest worker program

Deportation

Other (leave a comment)

“Get The Balance Right”

Since: May 08

Burnaby, Canada

#18034 Feb 11, 2009
Redman wrote:
<quoted text>
We should have deported all your white asses starting with Columbus.
don't you mean with cortez? he got there earlier. that should take care of half the mexican population.
Just another comment

Morgan Hill, CA

#18035 Feb 11, 2009
Finish building the wall and then play back Reagan's message: "Mr. Gorbechef, tear down this wall" but instead substitute Gorbechef for Obama..." President Obama, tear down this wall."
Just another comment

Morgan Hill, CA

#18036 Feb 11, 2009
I think the so called illegal immigrants are more afraid of Lou Dobbs than the IRS...

“Get The Balance Right”

Burnaby, Canada

#18038 Feb 11, 2009
AngelnAme wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that they are more scared of all of these crazy white hillbillies talking about "shooting" everyone. God forbid if an Hispanic made those comments...but, you know since the "white man" is so stressed by this situation it is ok...lets all sympathize with the frustrated "white" people. But, if the Hispanic made those comments to a White person that would just be the biggest sin ever....what a joke.
just who are these "hispanics" and "white" ppl you're talking about? many ppl up here from mexico and belize have lighter skin than i do, with blue / green eyes to boot. heaven forbid - there are many more around here who are even blonde!

i thought hispanics were caucasian same as your 'white' ppl. so are you only taling about the 'dark skinned" hispanics, not the fair skinned ones? what about 'dark skinned' whites with dark brown eyes - i guess they wouldn't fall under you lable of 'stressed whites" then, lucky for them.

isn't skin colour a silly thing to label ppl by...
Karla333

San Francisco, CA

#18039 Feb 11, 2009
Truth and Fact wrote:
Karla, or whatever your name is, you are childish and boring.
All you do is repeat yourself over and over again.
Don't you have homework to do?
Oh ya, Mexicans don't graduate High School in the U.S., so of course you don't do any homework, teen Mexicans have babies or become drug-dealing gangbangers, and live of U.S. welfare.
Yeah you never arrived and is confirmed. Not only you that but you are also ignorant, frustated, intolerant, tends stereotype and so on... I owe no one any explanations however, I feel like it today... fyi not only I graduated from High School with honors but still attend college with a Major on Business Administration and a Minor on Child Development. Oh and by the way I speak Spanish, English and French is my current endevour.

So to all my loyal fans keep on hating because I will never get tired of being admired.
Luv ya lots too!!!!

“Up Front”

Since: Jul 08

Decatur, GA

#18040 Feb 11, 2009
AngelnAme wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that they are more scared of all of these crazy white hillbillies talking about "shooting" everyone. God forbid if an Hispanic made those comments...but, you know since the "white man" is so stressed by this situation it is ok...lets all sympathize with the frustrated "white" people. But, if the Hispanic made those comments to a White person that would just be the biggest sin ever....what a joke.
It wouldn't be at all a joke IF "white" people are in Mexico "Illegally" stealing jobs from the "Legal" residents there. I am sorry. Maybe you do not even know what the tern "illegal" means? Or maybe you are nothing but a worthless whiner who always uses "racism" as an excuse?
DDH

Oklahoma City, OK

#18041 Feb 11, 2009
JAIL THEM UNTIL YOU CAN INVESTIGATE TO SEE WHAT OTHER RELATIVES AND FRIENDS ARE HERE WITH THEM, THEN SEND THEM ALL BACK. SECOND OFFENSE GETS JAIL FOR A YEAR THEN SEND THEM BACK. THIRD OFFENSE GETS JAIL FOR 5 YEARS, THEN SEND THEM BACK. FORTH OFFENSE GETS JAIL FOR 25 YEARS, THEN SEND THEM BACK!
Karla333

San Francisco, CA

#18042 Feb 11, 2009
objective wrote:
<quoted text>
i thought maybe the story of the fish and bread would be the most simple example to respectfully get a very simplistic concept across for you to understand and respond to with equal respect and intelligence. evidentally i overestimated you. you just don't 'get it' do you? you probably never will.
I have not insulted your intelligence or attempted to do so, things sometimes are not reciprocal. You disappoint me, I guess it is true when they say that 'not everything that shines is gold'.

As of right now any direct discussion is over.

PS. by the way you spell it: evidently

“Up Front”

Decatur, GA

#18044 Feb 11, 2009
DDH wrote:
JAIL THEM UNTIL YOU CAN INVESTIGATE TO SEE WHAT OTHER RELATIVES AND FRIENDS ARE HERE WITH THEM, THEN SEND THEM ALL BACK. SECOND OFFENSE GETS JAIL FOR A YEAR THEN SEND THEM BACK. THIRD OFFENSE GETS JAIL FOR 5 YEARS, THEN SEND THEM BACK. FORTH OFFENSE GETS JAIL FOR 25 YEARS, THEN SEND THEM BACK!
Do you have the slightest idea who is paying for the livelihood of these people while they are in jail? YOU are paying for their food, their clothing, their housing, their entertainment. As is every other taxpayer in this country. One bullet in the head costs less than 50 cents!

“Get The Balance Right”

Pincher Creek, Canada

#18048 Feb 11, 2009
Karla333 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not insulted your intelligence or attempted to do so, things sometimes are not reciprocal. You disappoint me, I guess it is true when they say that 'not everything that shines is gold'.
As of right now any direct discussion is over.
PS. by the way you spell it: evidently
aaah... so you studied business admin and child development - that should enable you to run a creche - i can see how you aced that.

"as of right now any direct discussion is over" - how that tears me apart. as for 'slpeling and logyk" read back on your own postings - maybe a light bulb will come on - either that or alzheimers is confirmed. good luck.

“Get The Balance Right”

Pincher Creek, Canada

#18049 Feb 11, 2009
AngelnAme wrote:
<quoted text>
I SAID HISPANICS PERIOD!!! I SAID WHITES PERIOD!! Where the hell do you get your confusion from???? I didn't say anything about hispanics with blue eyes, I didn't say anything about white ppl with brown hair and brown eyes....I said Hispanics/Whites....There is NO IN BETWEEN! They must not have any issues for you to deal with in your own country.
i asked how you differenciate between 'whites" and "hispanics", oh wise one, seeing they're both caucasian.

“Get The Balance Right”

Pincher Creek, Canada

#18050 Feb 11, 2009
AngelnAme wrote:
<quoted text>
And what the hell are you talking about???? If you are in a whole different country....why the hell do you care what is going on in the US if you don't even pay taxes here yourself.
i guess you think the usa is on one of those planets kaylee or karlee or whatever it calls itself is so hung up over. you're funny :-)

“Get The Balance Right”

Pincher Creek, Canada

#18051 Feb 11, 2009
AngelnAme wrote:
<quoted text>
I SAID HISPANICS PERIOD!!! I SAID WHITES PERIOD!! Where the hell do you get your confusion from???? I didn't say anything about hispanics with blue eyes, I didn't say anything about white ppl with brown hair and brown eyes....I said Hispanics/Whites....There is NO IN BETWEEN! They must not have any issues for you to deal with in your own country.
motrin is supposed to be good for pms. when you've calmed down, reread the post and you'll find the answer.

“Get The Balance Right”

Pincher Creek, Canada

#18055 Feb 11, 2009
AngelnAme wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the most absurd thing that I have ever heard!! My skin color is olive, I have dark brown hair, and brown eyes! You know if you are white or hispanic! I am not going to even dignify that with a response. You know what I am talking about and you seriously don't get it....so, please don't respond if you don't have a valid answer to what I said.
"hispanic"/ "white"? so you classify ppl by colour of skin and the little box you think they fit into when you look at them huh?

thats a shame.

maybe you shoud think in terms of classifying them by nationality instead. just a touch less "racist', coming from a "non racist' like you. just a point, but one i doubt you'll figure out anymore than karlee/kaylee whatever.

“Up Front”

Decatur, GA

#18057 Feb 11, 2009
AngelnAme wrote:
<quoted text>
When people are talking about shooting them all...that is racist. Period. Stealing jobs my ass. All of your jobs are in China. I am not the worthless whiner talking about "oh they are taking all of the American jobs, they are taking all of our money, they are sucking up all of the air and water...there is gonna be none left for the Americans, the economy is bad because of the illegals, they are raping and killing people, they are drinking and driving" waaaa-waaaa-waaaa...who is the worthless whiners???? You and your stupidity. And all who follow your beliefs. It is ridiculous...Stop scape-goating and get ALLLLLLL of the factors that ties into those complaints. I'm sure after you discover those factors you will understand that illegals play a minute roll in what you are accusing them of doing.
OK....I am sorry. You were unable to get that High Scholl dimploma, weren't you? OK...."Illegal immigration refers to immigration across national borders in a way that violates the immigration laws of the destination country. In politics, the term may imply a larger set of social issues and time constraints with disputed consequences in areas such as economy, social welfare, education, health care, slavery, prostitution, legal protections, voting rights, public services, and human rights. Conversely, Illegal emigration refers to unlawfully leaving a country."
Buy yourself a dictionary. Call me racist if you like. Whine all you like. It does no good. The best thin you could do for yourself is WAKE UP. That will help your depression. Get off your ass.
Karla333

San Francisco, CA

#18058 Feb 11, 2009
EVIDENTLY IS SO NOT WORTH WASTING TIME POSTING ANYTHING IN THIS FORUM ANYMORE. THE MAYORITY LACK SELF RESPECT AND RESPECT FOR OTHERS. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ONE YET GO AND GET A LIFE, LIVE IT AND LET OTHERS LIVE. OR YOU CAN KEEP ATTACKING, INSULTING, ETC ONE ANOTHER AND GET NOWHERE. HELL CAN FREEZE TWICE AND EVERY SINGLE PERSON WILL KEEP ON 'DEFENDING' ITS STAND FOR WHAT IS RIGHT ACCORDING TO THEIR MENTALITY.

I CHOOSE THE 1st(already own one) AND INDIFFERENCE.

ADIEU C'EST FINI

Since: Oct 08

Reno, NV

#18061 Feb 11, 2009
a controlled guest worker program.....deportation for those who enter illegally.....and deportation for those who commit gross misdemeanors or felonies and should be banned from ever returning.......no welfare for anyone who is not a US citizen......any person accepted to the guest worker program can then apply for citizenship like anyone else.If people come here on the guest worker program they are prohibited from starting a family here until such time as they have attained citizenship status.Violators should be deported.
I have no problem with hispanics coming here legally to work or become citizens.

“Up Front”

Decatur, GA

#18063 Feb 11, 2009
AngelnAme wrote:
<quoted text>
You...seriously....need help. Hispanics are Hispanics...WHITES are WHITES!!! Someone from puerto rico who has white skin....i am sure doesn't mark white on an application. Would you perfer i use the word "hillbilly"? Is that more on your 'understanding' level. P.S. In this country we spell: "color" not "colour". People don't like it when you use the language from your own country in THIS COUNTRY.
LMFAO!!! Again, you SHOULD have studied harder to at least TRY to get a diploma.

Do you know what a "heritage" is? The term Hispanics is referring to a "heritage".

OK....are you still following me?

White? Is that a heritage? Nope....can you guess at what it is? No, no, no Angel. White is not a car model. But at least you guessed. Good little girl. You get a cookie :-) Actually, white is a color. Irish people have skin what many people like you refer to as "white". As people of French heritage, Polish, Canadian, Greek, English and so on. It isn't just many of the American's ya know?

Don't stay up too late tonight. Be ready for your 7th grade classes tomorrow!

“Up Front”

Decatur, GA

#18065 Feb 11, 2009
AngelnAme wrote:
<quoted text> Go play your yankee-doodle-dandy song on your banjo with your imbred family members!!
I can't spell. You mean, sort of like your case when speaking of your fantasy of an "imbred" family? I'm singing all the time! I'm not in depression like yourself so as I sing CCR's "Who'll Stop The Rain", I'll be thinking of you ;-)

“STOP animal abuse”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta, GA

#18069 Feb 11, 2009
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/6/immigration-...

I will continue to treat my Hispanic friends, neighbors, and co-workers with dignity and respect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nancy Pelosi 'Enormously Disappointed' With Whi... 33 min R12 Freon 113
Immigrants closer to driver's licenses in Arizona 33 min Deo Vindice 9
El Paso ID Program Aims to Aid Undocumented 2 hr L Morales 27
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 4 hr J ValJean 137,084
Distinguished pol 4 hr Guess Who 41
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 5 hr spocko 587
The Big Stupid Thread About Everything (Jul '13) 5 hr positronium 545
More from around the web