Facebook's Zuckerberg says U.S. spying hurt users' trust

Sep 18, 2013 Full story: Reuters 24

Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Level 1

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1 Sep 19, 2013
No more Facebook or Google for me.
Our mentally ill President uses them for political backstabbing.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2 Sep 19, 2013
Eighthman wrote:
No more Facebook or Google for me.
Our mentally ill President uses them for political backstabbing.
It certainly appears to be so. This president gives off the air of cool, arrogance, but beneath it all is a man who is totally insecure as well as too inept to be the head of such a once great country. Look at what he has done to it in such a short time. In his eyes, he is helping...true, helping bring about its demise.

http://californiacitynews.typepad.com/califor...

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#3 Sep 19, 2013
There were actually people out there that trusted Facebook?

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#5 Sep 19, 2013
RustyS wrote:
There were actually people out there that trusted Facebook?
Hey, there were actually people out there who trusted Obama...stranger things have been known to happen.
Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#7 Sep 19, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, there were actually people out there who trusted Obama...stranger things have been known to happen.
I trust neither.

“i hope we can change this!”

Level 1

Since: Aug 08

usa

#8 Sep 19, 2013
RustyS wrote:
There were actually people out there that trusted Facebook?
consider for a moment how frikkin dumb the average person is...now, realize that half the people out there are even dumber...
and, ALL of them are left wing loons on topix!

NOTHING surprises me

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#9 Sep 19, 2013

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#10 Sep 19, 2013
s/b: anybody

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Level 1

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#11 Sep 19, 2013
Eighthman wrote:
No more Facebook or Google for me.
Our mentally ill President uses them for political backstabbing.
8thboy....why would you bother to social network?
You are nothing BUT anti-social, hateful, nasty, angry, bigoted and an all-round idiot.

I bet your friend list has 1 person on it; your mommy. lmao
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

#12 Sep 19, 2013
You think it is only Facebook and GOOGLE? You can add to the list Yahoo, Intel, Cisco, Microsoft, Verizon, At&T, Sprint, Tmobile, Time Warner, Cox Cable, Apple, ect, ect.

This whole spying thing is going to have very, very costly affects on US tech industry. Other countries are already moving away from US servers.

Cloud computing? Even US security experts are saying to stay away from the cloud if you want privacy. Remember the dutch gov getting hacked not to long ago by counterfiet certs from Diginotar? Turns out it was the work of the US gov. Diginotar had to go out of business for that one...

Just a month ago Freedom Hosting got hacked. Turns out it was the US gov again:http://arstechnica.com/t ech-policy/2013/09/fbi-admits- what-we-all-suspected-it-compr omised-freedom-hostings-tor-se rvers/

Notice there is nothing on the legality of hacking into private companies or due process for doing so. The US gov is going to kill the US tech industry with all their trust destroying spying. When that happens, what purpose will all this spying serve when no one is using US tech companies beside US citizens?

Most people are not seeing how devistating this is/going to continue to be for the US tech industry.
spud

Dallas, PA

#13 Sep 19, 2013
Let me get this straight. Zuckerburg, or whatever his name is, doesn't like the lack of transparency of the governments information mining, spying, program. He doesn't like their contrived explanations regarding why we need to spy on Americans either. On the other hand he doesn't mind all the phony polls and tearjerking articles that erroneously paint illegal aliens as victims and freedom fighters. He's just another hipocrite exploiter who doesn't care about anything but his balance sheet.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#14 Sep 19, 2013
Not one of those social networks are to be trusted. They all have back doors built into them for the purpose of our govt to be spying on the innocent citizen... IMAO
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Furlong, PA

#16 Sep 19, 2013
obama has been worse on civil liberties and privacy than the busheviks! He got my vote once but I wised up when he ran for a second term and abstained from voting for president. Put simply, there were NO qualified candidates! It would be nice to see a candidate that actually cares about average Americans and not multinational corporations and wall street sociopaths!
Larry

Bethpage, NY

#17 Sep 19, 2013
hey Suckerberg, tell us something we don't know

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#18 Sep 19, 2013
Facebook's Doing Face Recognition Again and This Time America Doesn't Seem to Mind
http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/no-ones-surp...
It's been over three years since Facebook poked America in the eye with a new photo tagging feature that took advantage of some very scary technology: facial recognition. Put simply, Facebook added a new feature that could match faces to profiles, group together photos with similar faces in them and suggest the name of a friend when tagging photos. It was any conspiracy theorist's worst nightmare. Just imagine the privacy-crushing horror of software that combs through a giant database of photos, identifying who's in them and creating a web of face-spotting connections. American users freaked out. Congressmen like Al Franken and Ed Markey did too. The European Union straight up banned Facebook from implementing the facial recognition software for its users. And eventually Facebook yanked the feature off the site "to make some technical improvements," storing it away until the world was really ready for it.
spud

Dallas, PA

#19 Sep 19, 2013
I just saw that weasel on TV. I'll definitely be leaving facebook immediately and I would urge every other anti amnesty person to do the same. I don't really need to know how some idiots coffee tasted this morning anyway.
spud

Dallas, PA

#20 Sep 19, 2013
Hey, it's not too hard to drop facebook. Just make sure you choose the never coming back option or Zuckerburg might sell your private information to whoever. I feel better already
Lamer

Piqua, OH

#21 Sep 19, 2013
spud wrote:
Hey, it's not too hard to drop facebook. Just make sure you choose the never coming back option or Zuckerburg might sell your private information to whoever. I feel better already
"your" private info is already intellectual property of facebook. Anything and everything you post up there becomes facebook's property. You agreed to that when you signed up. You can choose to leave but all that data is still facebook's.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#22 Sep 19, 2013
Facebook shares break $45 for first time since 2012 IPO
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/12/us-...
With 1.15 billion monthly users, Facebook is the world's largest social network and ranks among the top online display advertising businesses.
Brenda besson

United States

#23 Sep 19, 2013
Lamer wrote:
You think it is only Facebook and GOOGLE? You can add to the list Yahoo, Intel, Cisco, Microsoft, Verizon, At&T, Sprint, Tmobile, Time Warner, Cox Cable, Apple, ect, ect.
This whole spying thing is going to have very, very costly affects on US tech industry. Other countries are already moving away from US servers.
Cloud computing? Even US security experts are saying to stay away from the cloud if you want privacy. Remember the dutch gov getting hacked not to long ago by counterfiet certs from Diginotar? Turns out it was the work of the US gov. Diginotar had to go out of business for that one...
Just a month ago Freedom Hosting got hacked. Turns out it was the US gov again:http://arstechnica.com/t ech-policy/2013/09/fbi-admits- what-we-all-suspected-it-compr omised-freedom-hostings-tor-se rvers/
Notice there is nothing on the legality of hacking into private companies or due process for doing so. The US gov is going to kill the US tech industry with all their trust destroying spying. When that happens, what purpose will all this spying serve when no one is using US tech companies beside US citizens?
Most people are not seeing how devistating this is/going to continue to be for the US tech industry.
hello I think I told you this last week,told you about facebook,not only you cant trust them,but you should not use the aniamericans,zuckerberg facebook so he loses money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
64% of Utahns disapprove of Obama's immigration... 15 min Guess Who 7
Poll: Bush surges to 2016 GOP frontrunner 17 min Guess Who 2
Graham: 2016 hinges on immigration 18 min Guess Who 1
Democrats optimistic on 2016 presidential chances 19 min xxxraytred 7
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr anne bonny 137,131
Why Americans are starting to really hate mexic... (Oct '07) 1 hr Taco Belle 1,460
New Congress may move swiftly to raise H-1B cap 14 hr itsme2 5
More from around the web