8 Senators Push Deal to Give 11M Path...

8 Senators Push Deal to Give 11M Path to Citizenship

There are 15 comments on the WHJJ-AM Providence story from Jan 28, 2013, titled 8 Senators Push Deal to Give 11M Path to Citizenship. In it, WHJJ-AM Providence reports that:

A group of eight key senators has crafted a sweeping immigration overhaul deal that offers a pathway to citizenship for the 11 million illegal immigrants living in the United States.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHJJ-AM Providence.

Fair one

Cape Coral, FL

#1 Jan 28, 2013
How many times do we have to put up with politicians supporting illegal alien lawbreakers while turning their backs on legal American citizens?
Unemployment is at record highs, 47 million on food stamps, taxes are constantly rising--and the idiots in Washington want to reward illegal behavior with citizenship.
Pass e-verify, secure the border, and eliminate chain migration--absolutely NO to amnesty!
Level 6

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#2 Jan 28, 2013
Illegal aliens are stupid if they think this is going to fly anywhere. First of all this is something that is in the democratic senate which democrats are in favor of flooding the country with illegal aliens.

This bill will go to the Republican controlled house where it will die or have many amendments such as closing the birthright citizenship loophole, national E-Verify 100% of all employees, requiring students to have a SS number to register for school, having the federal government place any and all illegal aliens who they come in contact with into deportation processing per already federal law.

Illegal aliens are all fat and happy now because they think something is going to happen. What the senate is saying is pillow talk, tomorrow it won't mean nothing. This will drag on for 4 or 5 months and then it will die.
WhoKnows

Gaithersburg, MD

#3 Jan 28, 2013
spytheweb wrote:
Illegal aliens are stupid if they think this is going to fly anywhere. First of all this is something that is in the democratic senate which democrats are in favor of flooding the country with illegal aliens.
This bill will go to the Republican controlled house where it will die or have many amendments such as closing the birthright citizenship loophole, national E-Verify 100% of all employees, requiring students to have a SS number to register for school, having the federal government place any and all illegal aliens who they come in contact with into deportation processing per already federal law.
Illegal aliens are all fat and happy now because they think something is going to happen. What the senate is saying is pillow talk, tomorrow it won't mean nothing. This will drag on for 4 or 5 months and then it will die.
I really hope you are right.
I'm hearing that right now 2/3 of the dems and 1/3 of the repubs. are in favor of the deal which if my math is right about 1/2 of all law makers i'd feel better about this if only 10% or 1/10 were in favor, who in hell wants a continuation of all this immigration crap? millions of hispanics from south of the border? EEEWWWWW!!!
This won't be good either way because there is no talk of getting rid of these people that we dislike so much.
Level 6

Houston, TX

#4 Jan 28, 2013
WhoKnows wrote:
<quoted text>I really hope you are right.
I'm hearing that right now 2/3 of the dems and 1/3 of the repubs. are in favor of the deal which if my math is right about 1/2 of all law makers i'd feel better about this if only 10% or 1/10 were in favor, who in hell wants a continuation of all this immigration crap? millions of hispanics from south of the border? EEEWWWWW!!!
This won't be good either way because there is no talk of getting rid of these people that we dislike so much.

You have to realize that this bill has to go to 2 places, right now it's in the senate where the democrats hold control. When they are finished the bill is walked over to the house where the republicans have control. If the house does not kill the bill they will attach so many attachments to it that when it goes back to the senate they may kill it.

attachments may include, closing down birthright citizenship, requiring SS numbers to register children for school, E-Verifying 100% of all employees and fining and jailing employers, just to name a few.
Level 6

Houston, TX

#5 Jan 28, 2013
I just know that Rep. Steve King is licking his chops at adding a amendment that will end birthright citizenship.

Reps. Roe and Marchant cosponsor Birthright Citizenship Bill
Thursday, January 24, 2013

"cosponsored H.R.140, the Birthright Citizenship Act. The bill was introduced by Rep. Steve King and is part of NumbersUSA's 5 Great Immigration-Reduction Solutions. If passed, the bill would end the practice of granting automatic citizenship to all children born in the United States.

The Birthright Citizenship Act, H.R. 140, would amend the Immigration and Nationality Act - not the constitution - to consider a person born in the United States "subject to the jurisdiction" of the United States for citizenship at birth purposes if the person is born in the United States of parents, one of whom is:(1) a U.S. citizen or national; (2) a lawful permanent resident alien whose residence is in the United States; or (3) an alien performing active service in the U.S. Armed Forces.

According to the Pew Hispanic Center, 8% of all U.S. births (350,000/year) come from at least one illegal-alien parent, and there were an estimated 4 million U.S.-born children of illegal aliens living in the United States in 2008."

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/janua...
Level 6

Houston, TX

#6 Jan 28, 2013
Here are some ideas for amendments to the senate amnesty bill.

END CHAIN MIGRATION, MANDATORY E-VERIFY, END VISA LOTTERY, END BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP and HELP LOCAL ENFORCEMENT. BTW, all of these are bills.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/learn/aban...

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#8 Jan 29, 2013
And once again we are told that this will be the "last" time to do this. Gee, don't those words sound vaguely familiar? Oh, and no welfare for them, but hey, we won't mention the fact that many of them already are getting some form of free social services because of the kids they had while living here...illegally. I still have not heard any mention of addressing birthright citizenship. Are these 8 brain-dead???? Don't answer, I already know.
dwg

Everett, MA

#9 Jan 29, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
And once again we are told that this will be the "last" time to do this. Gee, don't those words sound vaguely familiar? Oh, and no welfare for them, but hey, we won't mention the fact that many of them already are getting some form of free social services because of the kids they had while living here...illegally. I still have not heard any mention of addressing birthright citizenship. Are these 8 brain-dead???? Don't answer, I already know.
And now you agree, 1986 made evrything worst, and now is the chance to fix this MESS.

THANKS
DWG ( fix this MESS )
mas vacation

Hanoi, Vietnam

#10 Jan 29, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
;) don't abuse yo finger in here ok;-00h, 8 was dead n yo finger wil joy em soon;-00

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#11 Jan 29, 2013
dwg wrote:
<quoted text>
And now you agree, 1986 made evrything worst, and now is the chance to fix this MESS.
THANKS
DWG ( fix this MESS )
I don't believe any of them really know how to fix this mess. It is far more complicated than they think. They say no welfare, yet many illegal families already get some sort of hand-out. If they don't address birthright citizenship they will still be able to tap into free social services no matter what the wording says in the bill.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#12 Jan 29, 2013
WhoKnows wrote:
<quoted text>I really hope you are right.
Everyone needs to contact their U.S. Senators and Congressman/Woman and let them know it's "NO" on Amnesty for 11 Million illegal alien freeloaders!
WE GOT IT

Naugatuck, CT

#14 Jan 29, 2013
Let's see whos right in a feels years!!i see here in CT many many american citizens sucking money from the state..not immigrants!!
Magadala

Lebanon, OR

#15 Jan 29, 2013

Support Senator Sessions!!! It ain't over yet!
dwg

Everett, MA

#16 Jan 29, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone needs to contact their U.S. Senators and Congressman/Woman and let them know it's "NO" on Amnesty for 11 Million illegal alien freeloaders!
the polls on 2012 election said yes for Amnesty, obama is your president, he wanna Amnesty, because voters vote for him to do his job, here is America not German, we have:

DEMOCRACY NOT TYRRANY
DEMOCRACY NOT TYRRANY
DEMOCRACY NOT TYRRANY
DEMOCRACY NOT TYRRANY
DEMOCRACY NOT TYRRANY
DEMOCRACY NOT TYRRANY

THANKS
DWG(pass the bill)

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#17 Jan 31, 2013
Menendez denies prostitution claims after FBI raid on donor's office

Published January 30, 2013

FoxNews.com

Sen. Bob Menendez on Wednesday denied allegations that he saw prostitutes while on trips with a campaign donor to the Dominican Republic, responding to new questions after an overnight FBI raid on the donor's South Florida office.

Fox News confirms that FBI agents removed items from Dr. Salomon Melgen's West Palm Beach, Fla., business during a raid that lasted several hours. Agents could be seen rifling through items in the office and carrying boxes out of the building.

Read more:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/30/fb...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 6 hr Mickey Ratt Club 138,679
News CNN's Hoover: 'Far Right Wing' Will Oppose Trum... 6 hr tomin cali 3
News Are illegal immigrants bringing 'tremendous' di... 8 hr goonsquad 96
News Trump lashes out at lawyer over breast pump 10 hr Responsibility 43
News Disgruntled GOP voters provide the Trump bump 10 hr Le Jimbo 96
News Jindal: Bush 'got it wrong' on immigration 11 hr goonsquad 35
News Martin O'Malley Calls For Racial Bias Training ... 12 hr Just an observer 3
More from around the web