Rubio, Ryan look to the future during award dinner speeches

There are 457 comments on the Washington Post story from Dec 5, 2012, titled Rubio, Ryan look to the future during award dinner speeches. In it, Washington Post reports that:

Two high-profile Republican members of Congress who stand at the forefront of the effort to rebuild the party after a stinging presidential defeat delivered speeches Tuesday night aimed at turning the page with a fresh emphasis on inclusion and a renewed focus on growing the middle class.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Post.

Farmer Blow

Plymouth, MN

#277 Dec 13, 2012
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Most losers believe those things.
Yeah, it would be pretty foolish for a wise Republican such as yourself to rely on the silly 'ol research from the non-partisan Bureau of Economic Analysis and of Robert Schiller, the Yale economics professor who warned and predicted the 2008 housing crash, who is relied upon, quoted and followed by the majority of financial intuitions, and who Romney and Ryan both embraced. And whom Romney was even considering for a government position.

I was going to write that Republicans and facts don't mix, but I would have been wrong. It would be more accurate to say facts, a functioning brain, and you don't mix.

Poorly played, our little ignorant friend.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#279 Dec 13, 2012
Farmer Blow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it would be pretty foolish for a wise Republican such as yourself to rely on the silly 'ol research from the non-partisan Bureau of Economic Analysis and of Robert Schiller, the Yale economics professor who warned and predicted the 2008 housing crash, who is relied upon, quoted and followed by the majority of financial intuitions, and who Romney and Ryan both embraced. And whom Romney was even considering for a government position.
I was going to write that Republicans and facts don't mix, but I would have been wrong. It would be more accurate to say facts, a functioning brain, and you don't mix.
Poorly played, our little ignorant friend.
Poor pookie, did't notice you mentioning Bush tried in 06, 07 and 08 to get the regs in place to stop the bubble. Barney Frankes and Chris Dodd fillibustered each attempt into the heavens.
Jesus Diablo

Plymouth, MN

#280 Dec 13, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Poor pookie, did't notice you mentioning Bush tried in 06, 07 and 08 to get the regs in place to stop the bubble. Barney Frankes and Chris Dodd fillibustered each attempt into the heavens.
Ohhh, so now we have a Republican saying that government regulations are good and heaping praise on Bush for his efforts to impose regulations.

How do we spell "hypocrite" in French? A-u-c-o-n-t-r-a-i-r-e.
Jesus Diablo

Plymouth, MN

#281 Dec 13, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Poor pookie, did't notice you mentioning Bush tried in 06, 07 and 08 to get the regs in place to stop the bubble. Barney Frankes and Chris Dodd fillibustered each attempt into the heavens.
…and for your enlightenment, the housing bubble was mostly Bush's doing.

• Bush believed that markets do best when left alone (i.e., anti-regulation)
• Bush pushed hard to expand home ownership, but his housing policies and hands-off approach to regulation (did you catch that?) encouraged lax lending standards.
• Bush pushed to allow first-time buyers to qualify for government insured mortgages with no money down (talk about giveaways to secure more Republican votes). Republican congressional leaders and some housing advocates balked, arguing that homeowners with no stake in their investments would be more prone to walk away. They did and they have.
• And when states tried to use consumer protection laws to crack down on predatory lending, the comptroller of the currency--a Bush Republican appointee--blocked the effort, asserting that states had no authority over national banks.(And so much for state's right, another Republican theme shot down.)
• Bush did push regulations aimed at--and here's the regulations you're referring to--requiring lenders to explain loan terms more clearly. But he shelved these regs in 2004, and later in 2006, after Frank and Dodd complained that the proposed regulations were insufficient to have any significant effect.

Care to try again?
Jesus Diablo

Plymouth, MN

#282 Dec 13, 2012
au contraire wrote:
…Oh, and before I forget, Frank and Dodd did eventually draft legislation that had a significant effect on the financial industry. They couldn't get this legislation passed during the Bush administration because it was "too extreme." But this "too restrictive" legislation was signed by Obama. It increased government oversight of trading in complex financial instruments such as derivatives.

Following the 2008 near-collapse of the U.S. economy, which was fueled by the crash of the housing bubble, the Dodd-Frank Financial Regulatory Reform Bill established restrictive measures in an attempt to prevent such events in the future. In order to protect unsuspecting borrowers against abusive lending and mortgage practices, the reform bill established government agencies to monitor banking practices and oversight of troubled financial institutions.

Republicans were against this "extreme" legislation.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#283 Dec 13, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Poor pookie, did't notice you mentioning Bush tried in 06,
He didn't, Dumbo.

Putting aside it would be shutting the door after the horse was gone.

Level 5

Location hidden

#284 Dec 13, 2012
Jesus Diablo wrote:
How do we spell "hypocrite" in French? A-u-c-o-n-t-r-a-i-r-e.
D- u- m- b- o... is shorter.

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#285 Dec 14, 2012
Canepole wrote:
<quoted text>In the union you can't have a choice??? Have you ever been a union member?
No, I don't need training wheels or a nanny.

Level 3

Paris

#286 Dec 14, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't, Dumbo.
Putting aside it would be shutting the door after the horse was gone.
You saying it proves he did. You only lie.

Level 5

Location hidden

#287 Dec 14, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>You saying it proves he did. You only lie.
You need multiple aliases to post your lies, Dumbo.

Topix set your limit to 100,000 per alias?

Level 3

Paris

#288 Dec 14, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You need multiple aliases to post your lies, Dumbo.
Topix set your limit to 100,000 per alias?
You have yet to prove that you are anything but a clown.

'Squirm' Signals Over Libya Report?
Rice withdrawal from secretary of state consideration and questions whether Hillary Clinton will testify as scheduled next week fuel speculation that a troubling report on Sept. 11 Benghazi attack is on its way……

Susan Rice Drops Out of Running for Secretary of State, Hillary continues to hide in plain sight.
State Department preparing for Libya bombshell? Look for Obama to jump on a plane and get out of dodge again. Run Forrest Run.

Susan Rice's abrupt withdrawal from consideration for secretary of state, coupled with suggestions from the State Department that Secretary Hillary Clinton may not testify as scheduled next week, has stirred speculation that something big is brewing in the Libya terror attack investigation.

• Andrea Mitchell:'Woman of color' blocked from secretary of state bad for GOP. MSM hag plays race card and sexist card, but really only has a joker………..herself. Rice withdrew clown, she is a coward to face her lies to the American public.

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#289 Dec 14, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>You have yet to prove that you are anything but a clown.
'Squirm' Signals Over Libya Report?
Rice withdrawal from secretary of state consideration and questions whether Hillary Clinton will testify as scheduled next week fuel speculation that a troubling report on Sept. 11 Benghazi attack is on its way……
Susan Rice Drops Out of Running for Secretary of State, Hillary continues to hide in plain sight.
State Department preparing for Libya bombshell? Look for Obama to jump on a plane and get out of dodge again. Run Forrest Run.
Susan Rice's abrupt withdrawal from consideration for secretary of state, coupled with suggestions from the State Department that Secretary Hillary Clinton may not testify as scheduled next week, has stirred speculation that something big is brewing in the Libya terror attack investigation.
• Andrea Mitchell:'Woman of color' blocked from secretary of state bad for GOP. MSM hag plays race card and sexist card, but really only has a joker………..herself. Rice withdrew clown, she is a coward to face her lies to the American public.
Cross thread DUMBOSPAM.

Level 5

Location hidden

#291 Dec 14, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>You have yet to prove that you are anything but a clown.
I've slapped the snot out of you so many times you had to start using yet another alias.

Nailing jello to a tree...
LargeLanguage

Abergele, UK

#293 Dec 14, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've slapped the snot out of you so many times you had to start using yet another alias.
Alright, then try me then. Won't last long with me sonny.

Level 3

Paris

#294 Dec 14, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me the post numbers..........crickets chirping.

Level 5

Location hidden

#295 Dec 14, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Give me the post numbers..........crickets chirping.
Why bother?

Refuting everything you say doesn't stop you and your aliases from copy & paste spams exactly the same thing across twenty threads.

How's those 14 swing states working for you?
LargeLanguage

Abergele, UK

#296 Dec 14, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why bother?
Refuting everything you say doesn't stop you and your aliases from copy & paste spams exactly the same thing across twenty threads.
How's those 14 swing states working for you?
Most people who voted for Obama were feminists, gays, illegal immigrants, naive young people, muslims, and people stuck on welfare who don't care about life in general.

Level 5

Location hidden

#297 Dec 14, 2012
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people who voted for Obama were feminists
I am sure you are sad that you NAZIs didn't prevail in the election.
LargeLanguage

Abergele, UK

#298 Dec 14, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only nazis are you gays and feminists. Taking away the mens and childrens rights.
LargeLanguage

Abergele, UK

#299 Dec 14, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you still think britain is still a monarchy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Republicans are not compassionate 12 min xxxrayted 171
News Populism could divide the Grand Old Party 27 min Le Jimbo 1
News If Jesus was an undocumented immigrant 3 hr swedenforever 37
News Where They Stand: Ben Carson on Issues of 2016 ... 4 hr swedenforever 12
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 4 hr jimmy krack korn 138,064
News GOP takes the immigration bait, blasts Clinton ... 8 hr tomin cali 1
News The Coming Summer Border Surge of Illegal Immig... 8 hr ronnie 5
More from around the web