Rubio, Ryan look to the future during...

Rubio, Ryan look to the future during award dinner speeches

There are 455 comments on the Washington Post story from Dec 5, 2012, titled Rubio, Ryan look to the future during award dinner speeches. In it, Washington Post reports that:

Two high-profile Republican members of Congress who stand at the forefront of the effort to rebuild the party after a stinging presidential defeat delivered speeches Tuesday night aimed at turning the page with a fresh emphasis on inclusion and a renewed focus on growing the middle class.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Post.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#218 Dec 12, 2012
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
HOW DARE THE USA OBAMA SEND ALL ITS EQUIPMENT TO MUSLIMS BUT YET NEVER TO POOR ISRAEL!!! ITS VILE AND SICK!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, that's Obama, vile and sick.
Jesus Diablo

Plymouth, MN

#219 Dec 12, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Jindal just insulted all you mentally challenged morons...
He said the Republicans were 'the party of stupid'.
I disagree, I don't believe for a moment that conservative Republicans have been insulted by being called "stupid." Conservative Republicans are proud of it. It validates that their message of hate and white male supremacy is getting through to people. They want people to hear them, and Jindal just said that he and others have. To Republicans, it's just a mistake that their message is called stupid.

The next step is for them to show that the message is not stupid. As they are discovering (e.g., losing the presidential election), this is going to prove really difficult because most folks, regardless of their politics, are not as dumb, backwards and ignorant as conservative Republicans desire. Their message is indeed stupid. And of course, you gotta consider the source: these folks are also stupid.
LargeLanguage

Buckley, UK

#220 Dec 12, 2012
Jesus Diablo wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, I don't believe for a moment that conservative Republicans have been insulted by being called "stupid." Conservative Republicans are proud of it. It validates that their message of hate and white male supremacy is getting through to people. They want people to hear them, and Jindal just said that he and others have. To Republicans, it's just a mistake that their message is called stupid.
The next step is for them to show that the message is not stupid. As they are discovering (e.g., losing the presidential election), this is going to prove really difficult because most folks, regardless of their politics, are not as dumb, backwards and ignorant as conservative Republicans desire. Their message is indeed stupid. And of course, you gotta consider the source: these folks are also stupid.
LOL, I think jindal was liking our party to yours. I.E. "We are behaving like the party of democraps, the party of stupid".

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#221 Dec 12, 2012
Jesus Diablo wrote:
<quoted text>
More from e-slops fables.
Jesus Diablo

Plymouth, MN

#222 Dec 12, 2012
Oooo, looks like I hit a nerve. Conservative Republicans found my post disturbingly accurate because the best they could do to condemn what I wrote was to attempt ridicule. I mean, you'll notice they didn't even deny what I said.

How telling.
LargeLanguage

Buckley, UK

#223 Dec 12, 2012
Jesus Diablo wrote:
Oooo, looks like I hit a nerve. Conservative Republicans found my post disturbingly accurate because the best they could do to condemn what I wrote was to attempt ridicule. I mean, you'll notice they didn't even deny what I said.
How telling.
We need to stop acting like the party of stupid. Nothing wrong with giving a strong reprimanding is there? You speak with emotional immaturity.
hahahahahaha

Carmel, IN

#224 Dec 12, 2012
Jesus Diablo wrote:
How telling.
You have a right to your bigoted and uninformed opinion. I am amused how easy it is to brainwash the masses.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#225 Dec 12, 2012
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
We need to stop acting like the party of stupid. Nothing wrong with giving a strong reprimanding is there? You speak with emotional immaturity.
It's not an "act".

Poor teabagger.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#226 Dec 12, 2012
hahahahahaha wrote:
<quoted text>You have a right to your bigoted and uninformed opinion. I am amused how easy it is to brainwash the masses.

Teabaggers are a prime example.
LargeLanguage

Buckley, UK

#227 Dec 12, 2012
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Teabaggers are a prime example.
Acting stupid doesn't mean stupidity.
Jesus Diablo

Plymouth, MN

#228 Dec 12, 2012
hahahahahaha wrote:
<quoted text>You have a right to your bigoted and uninformed opinion. I am amused how easy it is to brainwash the masses.
Absolutely true that it's an opinion. But:

What part of "disturbingly accurate," "attempt ridicule" and "didn't even deny" was bigoted? At best, you have a, uhh, very creative way of using the word "bigoted."

Uninformed? Really. Again, my point proven. Rather than undermine, find specific fault, you instead attempt ridicule. And again, you don't even unequivocally deny what I wrote. Meaning, by implication that you agree with what I've written. I have hit a nerve, so my aim--statement--was indeed accurate.

Unless I'm mistaken, you are, by definition, a part of your referred-to easily brainwashed masses.(Rather pretentious of you to think otherwise.)
LargeLanguage

Buckley, UK

#229 Dec 12, 2012
Jesus Diablo wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely true that it's an opinion. But:
What part of "disturbingly accurate," "attempt ridicule" and "didn't even deny" was bigoted? At best, you have a, uhh, very creative way of using the word "bigoted."
Uninformed? Really. Again, my point proven. Rather than undermine, find specific fault, you instead attempt ridicule. And again, you don't even unequivocally deny what I wrote. Meaning, by implication that you agree with what I've written. I have hit a nerve, so my aim--statement--was indeed accurate.
Unless I'm mistaken, you are, by definition, a part of your referred-to easily brainwashed masses.(Rather pretentious of you to think otherwise.)
You do look a bit defensive.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#230 Dec 12, 2012
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Acting stupid doesn't mean stupidity.
It's not an act.

Teababaggers ARE stupid.
LargeLanguage

Buckley, UK

#231 Dec 12, 2012
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not an act.
Teababaggers ARE stupid.
I'm sure your trying to put on an act. Try to get over your insecurities.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#232 Dec 12, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Keep trying pookie. When you post something of value let us know. We don't want to be suprised too much.
You've already proven my point, no need to keep doing it and demonstrating your complete lack of worth or credibility.

It's getting embarrassing at this point - or SHOULD be.:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#233 Dec 12, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, that's Obama, vile and sick.
More Obama Derangement Syndrome.

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#234 Dec 12, 2012
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, I think jindal was liking our party to yours. I.E. "We are behaving like the party of democraps, the party of stupid".
Displaying your home school reading comprehension again.

Level 2

Hypoluxo Fl

#235 Dec 12, 2012
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are you still acting that way?

Level 2

Hypoluxo Fl

#236 Dec 12, 2012
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You do look a bit defensive.
You on the other hand, look alot stupid.
Jesus Diablo

Plymouth, MN

#237 Dec 12, 2012
Me? I'll take a winner any day...hey, Obama won! Guess that puts you Republicans on the loser's side. As a group, what should we then call you? How about "Losers"?

You cool with that?(I'm ok with it, thanks for asking, though.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CBS Host Refers To Illegal Aliens As 'Undocumen... 9 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 6
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 17 min Cagando 8,026
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 35 min Cagando 10,953
Kitchens For Sale Bradford UK 54 min Tinka 3
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr Tinka 142,293
News Most Americans Oppose Trump's Positions On Immi... 4 hr Mite Be 11
News PunditFact: Jesus was 'an undocumented immigran... (Sep '15) 5 hr Mexican Lottery W... 11
More from around the web