Husband-wife ICE agents arrested on t...

Husband-wife ICE agents arrested on theft charges

There are 15 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Sep 10, 2010, titled Husband-wife ICE agents arrested on theft charges. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

A retired special agent for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and his wife, who also worked for the federal agency in Los Angeles, were arrested today on charges of stealing from the government and lying to investigators about it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

Sal

United States

#1 Sep 10, 2010
Betrayal of the Publics Trust!! Hang em high!
Marilyn

Yorba Linda, CA

#2 Sep 10, 2010
Why no oversight on relatives working for one another? How much of this goes on in the government offices?

“I'll b nicer if u'll b smarter”

Since: Aug 10

LBC

#3 Sep 10, 2010
Marilyn wrote:
Why no oversight on relatives working for one another? How much of this goes on in the government offices?
Pfffftttttttt. Why is it assumed that this only goes on with relatives? Where was the next level supervisor? Payroll? Personnel? This only occurs when a long line of people, whom have everything to loose and nothing to gain, turn a blind eye.

Thats your Govt. people, hard at work and hardly working!

Constitution

Hermosa Beach, CA

#4 Sep 10, 2010
Our taxes get raised on a regular basis to pay for krappp like this.

No more.

Time for the bureaucrats to reign in spending before stealing another dollar from taxpayers.
Croak ft Young Money

Grass Valley, CA

#5 Sep 10, 2010
Great, another govt employee who retired at age 50. Probably gets a massive sweet pension. If he's found guilty, the govt can levy on his monthly check to get back the $600K he allegedly stole.
Ridiculous

Harrisonburg, VA

#7 Sep 11, 2010
This is exactly why most companies and agencies ask on the application if you have any family members working for whichever organization you happen to be applying for a job at.
shocking

Long Beach, CA

#8 Sep 11, 2010
Although this crook and his cohort wife should go to prison for at least 10 yrs, did anybody find it amazing that the husband, if convicted on all counts, will get 465 years in prison!!!!

Granted he embezzeled pay from the govt, but that kind of sentence??? H, e, l, l, murderers get out for far less than that!!!!!!!

THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IS F, U, C, K, E, D!
supervisor

Surfside, CA

#9 Sep 11, 2010
There is plenty of blame to go around here. Where was frank Johnston's supervisor during this time? How did this get past human resources a wife under the supervision of her husband. It appears that a lot of people were not paying attention. And the indivdual that was forwarding the emails also shares blame. This shows not everyone that is a supervisor should be.
audacity of hopy

Westminster, CA

#11 Sep 12, 2010
Two affirmative action hires...The best man and woman for the job...not; Just more civil service welfare at work...I have a dream...No, sorry must have been something I ate...This is a lot better than the "Good Ol' Boy Network" and the "Glass Ceiling"? Yeah, you think...Look into the last half a dozen scandals that have befallen the LBPD and check out the "Content of The Character of the People Involved". Yeah, affirmative action is a real big winner...Just look at all the scandals and see what the common denominator is, oh no, that would be racist.
audacity of no hope

Artesia, CA

#12 Sep 13, 2010
audacity of hopy wrote:
Two affirmative action hires...The best man and woman for the job...not; Just more civil service welfare at work...I have a dream...No, sorry must have been something I ate...This is a lot better than the "Good Ol' Boy Network" and the "Glass Ceiling"? Yeah, you think...Look into the last half a dozen scandals that have befallen the LBPD and check out the "Content of The Character of the People Involved". Yeah, affirmative action is a real big winner...Just look at all the scandals and see what the common denominator is, oh no, that would be racist.
but...they be white folk.
Bigots Love Propaganda

Brooksville, FL

#13 Sep 13, 2010
audacity of no hope wrote:
<quoted text>
but...they be white folk.
Oh, who cares about the truth as long as a bigot sees an opportunity to bitch about Affirmative Action?
Winston Smith

AOL

#15 Sep 13, 2010
Bigots Love Propaganda wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, who cares about the truth as long as a bigot sees an opportunity to **** about Affirmative Action?
Leftists would not exist were it not for propaganda. Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Castro, Chavez...they only survive due to their Propaganda Ministers.
Bigots Love Propaganda

Brooksville, FL

#16 Sep 13, 2010
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Leftists would not exist were it not for propaganda. Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Castro, Chavez...they only survive due to their Propaganda Ministers.
Well duh...they hired them to do that for them. But they "only survive" for a number of reasons, one of which is their culture's lack of willingness or lack of power to rebel/resist oppression.

I definitely won't allow to stand unchallenged the comparison between violent fascist dictators and other "leftists" who aren't committing genocide, though, nor to the liberals in an American democracy. It's an apples and oranges comparison that you're conveniently exploiting their political leanings as "left" to make. Anything from slightly liberal to completely radical is considered "left of center," but that doesn't make all liberals radicals. As much as I may or may not disagree with Castro or Chavez, they certainly don't belong in the same category as Stalin or Lenin, and Chavez definitely less even than Castro, if either comparison is even fair.
Anne

Bowie, MD

#17 Sep 23, 2010
To all those who have worked the borders these two stink. Fine them, give them jail time to these phonies.
REX 84

Anaheim, CA

#18 Sep 23, 2010
no big suprise in this story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News An advocate argues that less immigration into t... 4 min Retribution 2
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 15 min Maverick 808 146,693
News COMMENTARY: How the DREAM Act divides families 20 min Wildchild 1
News Eight suspected migrants found dead in Texas tr... 21 min Wildchild 1
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 34 min Valerie 8,621
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 1 hr old_moose 503
News So many immigrants fear Trump that Comcast's Te... 2 hr Red Crosse 5
More from around the web