The Chosen People: Hispanic Immigrant...

The Chosen People: Hispanic Immigrants in the United States

Posted in the Immigration Reform Forum

Chosen

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Apr 21, 2009
There is a lot of talk about immigration reform. Hispanics make up the majority of those immigrating to the US. They come here looking for a better life and escape poor conditions in Latin American countries.

People all over the world would like to come to the US to escape poor conditions. Look at almost all of Africa, Haiti, etc. My question is since this is about ending poverty and fairness why is it that Haitians and Africans are barred entry into the US if they do not follow proper procedures? Haitians are turned around real fast when they attempt to come in illegally. Are Hispanics the “chosen” immigrant meaning they do not have to follow proper procedure, i.e. they can drive in the United States without a license or insurance? Try being a black or white citizen and get pulled over with no license and insurance, you are going to jail. Why is arresting Hispanics for the same thing considered racism? How is it that employers will hire an illegal immigrant without documentation of their identity or criminal record but will not hire a citizen with a criminal record? How is it that illegal immigrants are requesting college financial aid when United States citizens with criminal records (drug related) are denied access to financial aid?

I think that everyone should be given a chance to come here but I would like for things to be fair. Remember Hispanics are not the only people living in poverty in the world and if we are allowing people to come over and skip the paperwork what about poor people not living in Latin America, don't they deserve the chance to escape?

BTW people of African backgrounds are treated like second class citizens in latin america. I am sure they would not agree with or want africans and hatians to have that same amnesty.
Jose

Seattle, WA

#2 Apr 21, 2009
Chosen wrote:
There is a lot of talk about immigration reform. Hispanics make up the majority of those immigrating to the US. They come here looking for a better life and escape poor conditions in Latin American countries.
People all over the world would like to come to the US to escape poor conditions. Look at almost all of Africa, Haiti, etc. My question is since this is about ending poverty and fairness why is it that Haitians and Africans are barred entry into the US if they do not follow proper procedures? Haitians are turned around real fast when they attempt to come in illegally. Are Hispanics the “chosen” immigrant meaning they do not have to follow proper procedure, i.e. they can drive in the United States without a license or insurance? Try being a black or white citizen and get pulled over with no license and insurance, you are going to jail. Why is arresting Hispanics for the same thing considered racism? How is it that employers will hire an illegal immigrant without documentation of their identity or criminal record but will not hire a citizen with a criminal record? How is it that illegal immigrants are requesting college financial aid when United States citizens with criminal records (drug related) are denied access to financial aid?
I think that everyone should be given a chance to come here but I would like for things to be fair. Remember Hispanics are not the only people living in poverty in the world and if we are allowing people to come over and skip the paperwork what about poor people not living in Latin America, don't they deserve the chance to escape?
BTW people of African backgrounds are treated like second class citizens in latin america. I am sure they would not agree with or want africans and hatians to have that same amnesty.
We are chosen because we will soon be the majority of the US population!
Hot Air Balloons

Littleton, CO

#3 Apr 21, 2009
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> We are chosen because we will soon be the majority of the US population!
Still sniffin the helium I see. Save it for your going away balloons!
DFE

Sterling, VA

#4 Aug 17, 2009
Dream on Jose! You are a confused individual and you do not know what to call yourself, whether it is hispanic,latino,mexican, for people like you it changes all the time.. If you are from America you are American first and look at what mexico has done to its poor. The white spanish or light tan mexicans descriminate against the dark skinned Goerge Lopez looking mexicans, and racism exists down there too. It's pretty funny when you watch mexican tv for the people are white looking like Cameron diaz or Penelope Cruz while most people of mexico do not look like that. The ones crossing the border are short fernando valenzuela (l.a. dodgers, 1980's) looking types or look like comedian george lopez types. People of USA,mexico,canada, need to be friends and neighbors for al-quieda and taliban would destroy all europe,western hemisphere,USA and others and they are trying to do that. And they would destroy mexico for the nation is catholic and they also see you as infidels whether you like it ot not! So get with the program and if you are spanish (it does not sound like it due to you anti-western views you are probably indian like george lopes looking but there is nothing wrong with that for God made all the races, but it is an example only) then take up for all western nations for taliban al-quieda would take you out for you are not a muslum. You need to wake up and smell the coffee!
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> We are chosen because we will soon be the majority of the US population!
Jose

Seattle, WA

#5 Aug 18, 2009
DFE wrote:
Dream on Jose! You are a confused individual and you do not know what to call yourself, whether it is hispanic,latino,mexican, for people like you it changes all the time.. If you are from America you are American first and look at what mexico has done to its poor. The white spanish or light tan mexicans descriminate against the dark skinned Goerge Lopez looking mexicans, and racism exists down there too. It's pretty funny when you watch mexican tv for the people are white looking like Cameron diaz or Penelope Cruz while most people of mexico do not look like that. The ones crossing the border are short fernando valenzuela (l.a. dodgers, 1980's) looking types or look like comedian george lopez types. People of USA,mexico,canada, need to be friends and neighbors for al-quieda and taliban would destroy all europe,western hemisphere,USA and others and they are trying to do that. And they would destroy mexico for the nation is catholic and they also see you as infidels whether you like it ot not! So get with the program and if you are spanish (it does not sound like it due to you anti-western views you are probably indian like george lopes looking but there is nothing wrong with that for God made all the races, but it is an example only) then take up for all western nations for taliban al-quieda would take you out for you are not a muslum. You need to wake up and smell the coffee! <quoted text>
LOL!! You are very loco gringo!
DFE

Sterling, VA

#6 Aug 18, 2009
You are so ignorant it is amazing! Grow up and get a life for you are so wrong.
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> LOL!! You are very loco gringo!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 3 min Quirky 7,480
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 24 min jimmy krack korn 142,288
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 26 min Jefferson Davis 11,003
News Donald Trump's immigration policy: Then and now 29 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 70
GD Designs Rochdale LTD Reviews {2} 49 min menchofoe 1
Are Mexicans aliens from another planet? (Sep '07) 54 min Rexah 3
News Trump vows 'fair, but firm' approach to illegal... 3 hr spud 8
More from around the web