Mexico wants end to U.S. tear gas use...

Mexico wants end to U.S. tear gas use at border

There are 636 comments on the www.reuters.com story from Feb 1, 2008, titled Mexico wants end to U.S. tear gas use at border. In it, www.reuters.com reports that:

Mexico is demanding that U.S. Border Patrol agents stop using tear gas to protect themselves against increased attacks as they try to keep illegal immigrants from entering the United States.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.reuters.com.

First Prev
of 32
Next Last

Since: Apr 07

Columbus, OH

#1 Feb 1, 2008
Hey Mexico,keep your kids on your side and tell them to quit throwing rocks.

Sneaking into someone elses country is not nice.

Raise your children right.

Thank you,
A U.S. Citizen

“Natural laws have no pity”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#2 Feb 1, 2008
Ok, let's have an agreement, they stop illegal immigration of their nationals, smuggling(both human and drug), and incursions by their military onto U.S. territories, then we'll stop using tear gas.

“You think it is ok, so what!”

Since: Jun 07

The freeway or the water

#3 Feb 1, 2008
Saying the use of tear gas was unacceptable under any circumstances, the ministry sent a letter to the U.S. Embassy requesting the investigation and said it was also setting up talks with U.S. officials through its consular network.

wow maybe 50 caliber lock and load would stop the attacks Mexican government cannot seem to stop? They should be glad it is only tear gas and not h.e. coming from those 80 mm grenade launchers...

If you attack my border guards across that border, expect to receive something incoming.. I would not use tear gas myself. The absolute arrogance what do they demand impunity to attack?

The freeway or the water

#4 Feb 1, 2008
sample reply

To the president of Mexico

If your citizens or thier guests ( invited or not) launch any attack across our border we will respond by replying with the full force of our military to take positive control of that border.

You have been warned.. the next response will be o your head for not policing your own population at this border.

ps as tyo your pettey complaints stuff it!

With sincere reguards as a powerful neighbor wh is tired of your irresponsible governance of your own country,
George......

( he hasn't got the cahonies
b4its2late

Phillipsburg, NJ

#5 Feb 1, 2008
Mexico wants end to U.S. tear gas use at border....who gives a sh it what Mexico wants. Ive been boycotting anything Mexican for months. They can kiss my a ss.
b4its2late

Phillipsburg, NJ

#6 Feb 1, 2008
Maybe mexicans should move farther south away from the border
Tickedoffchick

Enfield, CT

#8 Feb 1, 2008
Agent of Chaos wrote:
Ok, let's have an agreement, they stop illegal immigration of their nationals, smuggling(both human and drug), and incursions by their military onto U.S. territories, then we'll stop using tear gas.
I agree! They don't expect consequences for their actions. Typical.
NightOwl

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Feb 1, 2008
I as a US citizen, do 100% agree. We have seen tear gas is not effective. Time to go BIGGER!
105's should do nicely.
Tickedoffchick

Enfield, CT

#10 Feb 1, 2008
The kids who are throwing rocks and fire bombs are probably being paid by the smugglers.

The freeway or the water

#11 Feb 1, 2008
yes TOC they do seem to be playing "the bandit" attracting attention so that someone else can use the diverted attention and resourses.. the border patrol is well aware of and takes steps to secure anyway. Meanwhile they have a right to respond to attacks across the border and as a citizen I demand that they continue to respond!
Spoiled lil Nino

Gaffney, SC

#12 Feb 1, 2008
He hit me back first!!!!!!

Since: Oct 07

United States

#13 Feb 1, 2008
Guess our surrender is all they think is reasonable:

"MEXICO CITY (Reuters)- Mexico is demanding that U.S. Border Patrol agents stop using tear gas to protect themselves against increased attacks as they try to keep illegal immigrants from entering the United States"
close

I have tried to comment on this for five minutes and keep deleting my post. It is simply put an Outrage! "We have every right and Obligation to protect our borders... that 15 year old was assaulting our Border Officers and obstructing the enforcement of a sovereign nations borders. Our nation should Demand the Immediate arrest of the deliquent!

oh I wish it was possible to get the link to the video of the damage rocks did to our border agents. It really would add perspective to this dialog.
Rusty Shackleford

Auburn Hills, MI

#14 Feb 1, 2008
ok lets stop using tear gas and just use bullets.

Since: Jan 08

Louisville, KY

#15 Feb 1, 2008
Betsy Ross wrote:
Guess our surrender is all they think is reasonable:
"MEXICO CITY (Reuters)- Mexico is demanding that U.S. Border Patrol agents stop using tear gas to protect themselves against increased attacks as they try to keep illegal immigrants from entering the United States"
close
I have tried to comment on this for five minutes and keep deleting my post. It is simply put an Outrage! "We have every right and Obligation to protect our borders... that 15 year old was assaulting our Border Officers and obstructing the enforcement of a sovereign nations borders. Our nation should Demand the Immediate arrest of the deliquent!
oh I wish it was possible to get the link to the video of the damage rocks did to our border agents. It really would add perspective to this dialog.
yea but remember those border officers who was shot at on the us side by drug smugglers and the drug smuggler was shot and made it back to mexico those two border officer was sent to prison for doing their jobs they need to quit sucking up to mexico's demands and back our own border patrol officers

Since: Dec 07

United States

#16 Feb 1, 2008
This is just another attempt by the corrupt moronic mexican government to deflect us away from the true intentions that they have. They think that if they whine and snivel that we won't be able to see that they have declared war on this country. They have done so, several times in the past.

Lets give them what they want - let these morons in for a bigger response - stop using tear gas - use live ammo. They asked for it !!
Spoiled lil Nino

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Feb 2, 2008
Why gas lil Nino? Nino just want to steal. Steal ok i our culture. You have to respect our culture.

United States

#18 Feb 2, 2008
tiny238 wrote:
<quoted text>
yea but remember those border officers who was shot at on the us side by drug smugglers and the drug smuggler was shot and made it back to mexico those two border officer was sent to prison for doing their jobs they need to quit sucking up to mexico's demands and back our own border patrol officers
Amen to that tiny! and ckeck this new event. Mexico is starting "sanctuary cities" for those "migrating to the USA" through Mexico.
Mexico Mayor Helps Illegals Reach the U.S
http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/illegals/2...
FlagThatHag

Mariposa, CA

#19 Feb 2, 2008
Betsy, heard you were under the weather. Glad to see you back and in good spirits.

Ann

United States

#20 Feb 2, 2008
FlagThatHag wrote:
Betsy, heard you were under the weather. Glad to see you back and in good spirits.
Ann
Wonderful, simply wonderful to see you!! can you email anyone, I will send you a message.. you have been sooo missed!
FlagThatHag

Mariposa, CA

#22 Feb 2, 2008
Betsy Ross wrote:
<quoted text>Wonderful, simply wonderful to see you!! can you email anyone, I will send you a message.. you have been sooo missed!
How kind of you to say. Seems I was the target of two little twits who managed to have me banned from Topix although I am not really sure how they did that because my language hardly measures up to that of the Rose. I also believe strongly in the freedom of speech and it never occured to me that I should ban WIR for voicing her opinions. I guess you could say I changed my mind and use that flag button generously.

Yes, I have email and a few topix friends that I talk to from time to time. Should you be in one of their communication circles, feel free to request my address.

Glad you are feeling better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 32
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Torn families of Cambodian refugees deported fr... 1 min wild child 1
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 2 min Trumping On 157
News Rubio weighs in on calls to be Trump's running ... 3 min wild child 1
News How and Why Government Forces You to Finance Il... 7 min wild child 2
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 10 min Chilli J 3,260
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 20 min WasteWater 9,745
News Neither Candidate Is Getting the Immigration Is... 26 min News Monitor 5
More from around the web