The truth about immigration reform an...

The truth about immigration reform and the Hispanic vote

There are 33 comments on the The Washington Post story from Jul 11, 2013, titled The truth about immigration reform and the Hispanic vote. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Former President George W. Bush recently said that "the reason to pass immigration reform is not to bolster" a political party but "to fix a system that's broken.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Brenda besson

United States

#23 Jul 12, 2013
AmericanGal wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe people have a right to call another individual out of their name simply because you disagree with what they believe, say.
We are all different,think different and come from different walks.With that said, people have a right to express their own opinion... we live in a free society and as long as that is the case,we speak our minds whether we like it or not.
I am Hispanic and I have see a lot, so in a way she is right.
truth is the truth
Latino

Worcester, MA

#24 Jul 12, 2013
Brenda besson wrote:
<quoted text>still better than a mexican,if only you could be so lucky lol
. If you say so :: BTW... I came here legal... Even that I know people who is here illegal .. And they are succesfull people with business and goo income.. So to let u know with or without amnesty.. We are better.,,, I am defending my people the same way you defend yours., so let the stupidity aside.. Because no matter wich ethnicity are from. We are humans and no one is better than no one .... We all are humans....
Brenda besson

United States

#25 Jul 12, 2013
Latino wrote:
<quoted text>. If you say so :: BTW... I came here legal... Even that I know people who is here illegal .. And they are succesfull people with business and goo income.. So to let u know with or without amnesty.. We are better.,,, I am defending my people the same way you defend yours., so let the stupidity aside.. Because no matter wich ethnicity are from. We are humans and no one is better than no one .... We all are humans....
defend what you want,if you are so wonderful,why did you not have friends with papers,they have something to hide.you say you are legal well I dont think so.if you are happy living somewhere you dont belong,im happy for you.i would never live like that.
Latino

Worcester, MA

#26 Jul 12, 2013
Brenda besson wrote:
<quoted text> defend what you want,if you are so wonderful,why did you not have friends with papers,they have something to hide.you say you are legal well I dont think so.if you are happy living somewhere you dont belong,im happy for you.i would never live like that.
amen god bless you Brenda :*
Latino

Worcester, MA

#27 Jul 12, 2013
Brenda besson wrote:
<quoted text> defend what you want,if you are so wonderful,why did you not have friends with papers,they have something to hide.you say you are legal well I dont think so.if you are happy living somewhere you dont belong,im happy for you.i would never live like that.
thank you I am very very veryyyyy HAPPY :) living where I belong.. To This beautiful world.... I feel so sad for you :( you sounds very unhappy :((
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#28 Jul 12, 2013
Latino wrote:
<quoted text>. If you say so :: BTW... I came here legal... Even that I know people who is here illegal .. And they are succesfull people with business and goo income.. So to let u know with or without amnesty.. We are better.,,, I am defending my people the same way you defend yours., so let the stupidity aside.. Because no matter wich ethnicity are from. We are humans and no one is better than no one .... We all are humans....
You defend "your people" when they commit criminal acts then get upset when "your people" are profiled as being criminals. You say that defending "your people" when they violate the law is not racist but if a person speaks out against "your people" when they violate the law you say they are racist. I won't defend a friend or family member if they willfully break the law so why would you defend a criminal just because you share an ethnic background?
As for one human not being better than another that is BS. I am certainly much better than a child molester, rapist, murderer etc. and I assume you are also. I will agree that one ethnic group or race is no better than the other.
Latino

Worcester, MA

#29 Jul 12, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
You defend "your people" when they commit criminal acts then get upset when "your people" are profiled as being criminals. You say that defending "your people" when they violate the law is not racist but if a person speaks out against "your people" when they violate the law you say they are racist. I won't defend a friend or family member if they willfully break the law so why would you defend a criminal just because you share an ethnic background?
As for one human not being better than another that is BS. I am certainly much better than a child molester, rapist, murderer etc. and I assume you are also. I will agree that one ethnic group or race is no better than the other.
. Wherever :P at least in my country kids, don go to schools kill more kids :P
NYM8387

United States

#30 Jul 13, 2013
Latino wrote:
<quoted text>. Wherever :P at least in my country kids, don go to schools kill more kids :P
No they don't,that's what the cartels are for.
mexican pride

Lodi, CA

#31 Jul 13, 2013
NYM8387 wrote:
<quoted text> No they don't,that's what the cartels are for.
There you are culo! I was worried somebody else erased you off the map, thats my job! I am juan the boricua slayer.
potter

San Francisco, CA

#32 Jul 13, 2013
A person is gauged not only by a piece of paper you are holding. I read a lot of comments here about undocumented as if they are not human being like them. What's the difference between between legal and illegal as a person? Seems like they look down to people without papers as people who have no dignity at all. There are still a lot of people like these. So sorry for these people.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#34 Jul 13, 2013
Latino wrote:
<quoted text>. Wherever :P at least in my country kids, don go to schools kill more kids :P
No they work for the cartels and kill entire families for money.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#35 Jul 13, 2013
potter wrote:
A person is gauged not only by a piece of paper you are holding. I read a lot of comments here about undocumented as if they are not human being like them. What's the difference between between legal and illegal as a person? Seems like they look down to people without papers as people who have no dignity at all. There are still a lot of people like these. So sorry for these people.
The difference is that a person who is here illegally is a criminal. Thus the name illegal alien.
pass the bill

Everett, MA

#36 Jul 13, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that a person who is here illegally is a criminal. Thus the name illegal alien.
we never saw civil matter be a criminal instance .

thaks
dwg

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sorry Donald, Most Republicans Don't Actually C... 21 min wild child 2
News Trump lashes out at lawyer over breast pump 1 hr Responsibility 7
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 2 hr johnny belinda 138,657
News Judge Orders - Prompt' Release of 1,7000 Illega... 2 hr OccupyThis 6
News House to vote on 'sanctuary cities' bill 2 hr private guy 183
News Ann Coulter: GOP Candidates "A Bunch of P*ssies... 2 hr private guy 298
News Media Buzz: Why the Trump spousal 'rape' story ... 2 hr Responsibility 18
More from around the web