Senators hush-hush as they craft immi...

Senators hush-hush as they craft immigration bill

There are 156 comments on the Boston Herald story from Mar 9, 2013, titled Senators hush-hush as they craft immigration bill. In it, Boston Herald reports that:

The eight senators meet in private several times a week, alternating between Sen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston Herald.

Oldglory

Twentynine Palms, CA

#113 Mar 11, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Some form of amnesty will happen. Even Republicans can't afford to further offend Hispanic voters. WE THE BIGOTS will lose.
Why would Hispanic-Americans be offended over our right to have and to enforce our immigration laws? Hispanics like most minorities vote Democrat anyway. How is it bigoted to desire respect for our immigration laws and not rewarding those who break them?
Oldglory

Twentynine Palms, CA

#114 Mar 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
That's most likely the plan. If they want citizenship they'll have to pay a fine/taxes and go to the back of the line.
The back of the line forms in their own country. It doesn't start within our borders and never has.
Oldglory

Twentynine Palms, CA

#115 Mar 11, 2013
Nanuq wrote:
Leviticus 19:33,34
33 “When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. 34 You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.
And these "strangers" are beholding to our laws just as our citizens are. If an American breaks our laws they go to jail. If an illegal alien comes here in violation of our immigration laws they are deported. The punishment fits the crime.

We have no problem with "legal strangers". God also said to respect the laws of the land. He said thou shalt not steal, lie, take from one's neighbor. Illegal aliens are all guilty of those sins and are subject to God and our country's punishment for doing so. You were saying Mr. Bible thumper?
Oldglory

Twentynine Palms, CA

#116 Mar 11, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets be practical, the present system fails to deal with the inflow of immigration into the USA as is and, as a result leads to the chaos we are in today it needs to upgraded and updated for today's demands, as for those who are living here illegally the qualifying ones should be given the chance towards a long pathway to citizenship.
And then what we have another amnesty in another 20 years? When does it end? We have 23 million Americans out of work right now. Today's demands? You mean the demand from the greedy rich to get richer off the backs of illegal workers while they discriminate against the American worker?

It is our government that failed us and why should we the regular American pay for their negligence? Our immigration system doesn't need upgrading it needs to be enforced. Remove all the incentives for illegal aliens to remain here to continue to come here such as jobs, benefits and birthright citizenship and this country will return to the rule of law. Rewarding illegal aliens once again will just keep exasburating the problem.
Oldglory

Twentynine Palms, CA

#117 Mar 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So we CAN do it, but we just HAVEN'T done it for the past 200+ years?
Gee, I wonder why that is?
What makes you think they're suddenly going to find the will & political courage to start enforcing the laws now? Especially now that the population is getting closer & closer to a hispanic majority every day??
Remember why Romney only got about 30% of the hispanic vote and therefore lost the election?
Romney didn't lose the election because of Hispanics. They only represent a small number of voters in this country. They like other minorities mostly vote Democrat regardless.

Yeah, the Hispanic population is increasing mostly due to illegal immigration and anchor babies and you're ok with that? Really?

There will be no amnesty in spite of your wet dreams. If anything the status quo will just continue but I do believe e-verify will be mandated and that will remove the job incentives and I do believe clamping down on benefits for illegal aliens will also take place. The icing on the cake but off in the more distant future is that birthright citizenship will be denied their kids. Those three things along with continued enforcement will end illegal immigration as we know it and rightly so!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Level 1

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#118 Mar 11, 2013
Tranquillity wrote:
<quoted text>
I was responding to your post of;
"Oh I'm 100% hoping the GOPasaurs DON'T take my advice; in fact I'm COUNTING on it.
I'd like nothing better than to see a Democrat in the White House for the next 50+ years.
Please GOPasaurs, please continue your racist policies!"
No one is going to listen to advise from someone wishing they fail. Now you are claimimg to be a Republican but want a Democrat for the next president even though we don't know who might be running.
YOu are living a lie. You are spreading lies. Your life is a lie.
Well I wouldn't tell THEM that's why I want them to continue to oppose any reasonable immigration reform- DUH!!

I'd tell them I fully support their "self-deportation" theory.

Again, I never said I was a Republican, just that I'm REGISTERED as a Republican. You do understand the difference don't you?

By registering as a Republican I can vote in the GOP primary to ensure the craziest of the crazy nutjobs gets the nomination; then I vote for the Democrat in the general election.

I don't care who the Democrats put up, because ANY of them would be better than ANY GOPasaur. This way I get to help ensure whomever the Dem nominee is has a better chance of winning.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#119 Mar 11, 2013
Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
What racist policies?
Anti-immigration reform, vote id laws, trying to get rid of Medicare, Medicaid, & Social Security, etc. All of which disproportionately impact minorities.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#120 Mar 11, 2013
Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Hispanic-Americans be offended over our right to have and to enforce our immigration laws? Hispanics like most minorities vote Democrat anyway. How is it bigoted to desire respect for our immigration laws and not rewarding those who break them?
The simple fact you can't understand how it could be seen as bigotry is EXACTLY why the GOPasaurs lost the Hispanic vote by over 70%.

Same way the GOPasaurs can't understand why black voters have voted overwhelmingly for the Dems since the civil rights fight in the 60's.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#121 Mar 11, 2013
Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
The back of the line forms in their own country. It doesn't start within our borders and never has.
Not a realistic option.
Oldglory

Twentynine Palms, CA

#122 Mar 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a realistic option.
It is if we remove all the incentives for them to remain here. It is the only realistic option for the American people and whose country is this anyway?

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#123 Mar 11, 2013
Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney didn't lose the election because of Hispanics. They only represent a small number of voters in this country. They like other minorities mostly vote Democrat regardless.
Yeah, the Hispanic population is increasing mostly due to illegal immigration and anchor babies and you're ok with that? Really?
There will be no amnesty in spite of your wet dreams. If anything the status quo will just continue but I do believe e-verify will be mandated and that will remove the job incentives and I do believe clamping down on benefits for illegal aliens will also take place. The icing on the cake but off in the more distant future is that birthright citizenship will be denied their kids. Those three things along with continued enforcement will end illegal immigration as we know it and rightly so!
Hispanics represent a larger percentage of the electorate than blacks. All Romeny had to do was win 50% of the hispanic vote and would would likely have won the election.

With the decreasing white vote in America, a candidate can't win solely on the vote of whites.

Hispanic citizens have more than double the birthrate of whites; that's also why their percentage of the population is increasing.

Arizona already mandates e-verify and less than half of all businesses in the state comply. A mandatory national law will fare no better.

Nothing will completely stop illegal immigration.
Oldglory

Twentynine Palms, CA

#124 Mar 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple fact you can't understand how it could be seen as bigotry is EXACTLY why the GOPasaurs lost the Hispanic vote by over 70%.
Same way the GOPasaurs can't understand why black voters have voted overwhelmingly for the Dems since the civil rights fight in the 60's.
You didn't answer my first question. Why do Hispanics think their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws? Why should any politicians cater to a group who thinks they are above them?

Give me an example of this so-called bigotry. Wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced isn't bigotry. WTH is a GOPasaurs? Is this just another attempt by a lefty like you to demonize the right with stupid labels?

Minorities vote Democrat simply because they like the social programs that they advocate for. It's really that simple.
serfs up

Daytona Beach, FL

#125 Mar 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Hispanics represent a larger percentage of the electorate than blacks. All Romeny had to do was win 50% of the hispanic vote and would would likely have won the election.
With the decreasing white vote in America, a candidate can't win solely on the vote of whites.
Hispanic citizens have more than double the birthrate of whites; that's also why their percentage of the population is increasing.
Arizona already mandates e-verify and less than half of all businesses in the state comply. A mandatory national law will fare no better.
If conservatives have to sell out then there is no point. either Hispanics and Blacks have faith or they don't. the god news is that Hispanics will get the same lifestyle afforded in the Islands, Central America and South America. Their future is where they came from. A break up of America is inevitable. Or a super strong police state of tyranny.
Oldglory

Twentynine Palms, CA

#126 Mar 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if Romney had allowed himself to be blackmailed for votes by giving away our soveriegn borders to illegal invaders Hispanics would still have overwhelmingly voted Democrat. What part of that aren't you getting?

The Hispanic population growth is moslty due to illegal immigration and anchor babies and you're ok with that? Really?

Businesses must be forced to comply with e-verify of lose their licenses to be in business. Who said anything about being able to stop illegal immigration completely? There are many things we can do to bring it down to a trickle though and we should. Granting amnesty isn't one of them. That would be a big mistake just like it was in 1986 only on a larger scale this time. When does it end?

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#130 Mar 11, 2013
Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
It is if we remove all the incentives for them to remain here. It is the only realistic option for the American people and whose country is this anyway?
You can't remove the #1 incentive for them to remain here- even if you pass law making it more difficult for them to get a job or schooling or medical care etc, America is STILL a better place for them to live than Mexico.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#131 Mar 11, 2013
Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my first question. Why do Hispanics think their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws? Why should any politicians cater to a group who thinks they are above them?
Give me an example of this so-called bigotry. Wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced isn't bigotry. WTH is a GOPasaurs? Is this just another attempt by a lefty like you to demonize the right with stupid labels?
Minorities vote Democrat simply because they like the social programs that they advocate for. It's really that simple.
Again you demostrate why the GOPasaurs (like dinosaurs) lost the election.

Most hispanics I know don't think their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws. But they also don't like how the GOPasaurs attempt to demonize them either.

Minorities vote Democrat because they don't like the policies offered by the GOPasaurs which have a disproportional adverse effect on minorities; i.e. vote id laws, getting rid of Obamacare, getting rid of medicaid & medicare & social security, etc.

I know you won't understand; that's exactly what I expect and exactly what I hope keeps happening.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#132 Mar 11, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> If conservatives have to sell out then there is no point. either Hispanics and Blacks have faith or they don't. the god news is that Hispanics will get the same lifestyle afforded in the Islands, Central America and South America. Their future is where they came from. A break up of America is inevitable. Or a super strong police state of tyranny.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling......

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#133 Mar 11, 2013
Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if Romney had allowed himself to be blackmailed for votes by giving away our soveriegn borders to illegal invaders Hispanics would still have overwhelmingly voted Democrat. What part of that aren't you getting?
The Hispanic population growth is moslty due to illegal immigration and anchor babies and you're ok with that? Really?
Businesses must be forced to comply with e-verify of lose their licenses to be in business. Who said anything about being able to stop illegal immigration completely? There are many things we can do to bring it down to a trickle though and we should. Granting amnesty isn't one of them. That would be a big mistake just like it was in 1986 only on a larger scale this time. When does it end?
How do you know they wouldn't have voted for Romney had he supported a reasonable immigration plan? Bush got almost half the hispanic vote in '04 which ensured his reelection in a very close election. A big part of that was his support at the time for reasonable immigration reform.

Whites are now 70% of the electorate, down 5% from '08, down another 5% from 2000, down another 5% from 1990, down another 5% from 1980 when they were over 90% of the electorate.

See which way this is going?

Change or become irrelevant as a national party. The choice is yours.
Oldglory

Twentynine Palms, CA

#134 Mar 11, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
what about all those non-hispanics that come to america illegally?
what say ye..........
They all need to go back to their homelands. I don't care who they are! However, it is mostly Hispanics that are here illegally and it is their citizen counterparts that are so ethnocentric that they are blackmailing our politicians for their votes. Who the hell do they think they are and what makes them think their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws?
Oldglory

Twentynine Palms, CA

#135 Mar 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't remove the #1 incentive for them to remain here- even if you pass law making it more difficult for them to get a job or schooling or medical care etc, America is STILL a better place for them to live than Mexico.
If the claim is true that they are only here to work and better their lives why would they stay here if there were little to no jobs for them? How could the U.S. be a better place for them then? There are schools and hospitals in Mexico. I don't give a damn what their dilema is. It isn't our problem. They need to fix their own countries. We can't be the employment agency and savior to the world at the expense of the American worker and taxpayer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hispanic leaders tepid to GOP reaction to Trump 1 min goonsquad 22
News Lindsey Graham: Republicans will lose in 2016 i... 5 min xxxrayted 11
News Hispanic leaders want GOP field to condemn Trum... 37 min Prep-for-Dep 49
News Romney Slams Trump's 'Unfortunate' Remarks on I... 1 hr serfs up 5
News Hispanics fear profiling under new Arizona law (Apr '10) 1 hr Dwight Frye 193,323
News A Comprehensive List of Everyone Trying to Seve... 1 hr Pro Mr Trump 10
News Trump: I'm a 'Whipping Post' For Telling Truth ... 1 hr wild child 1
More from around the web