Senators hush-hush as they craft immi...

Senators hush-hush as they craft immigration bill

There are 156 comments on the Boston Herald story from Mar 9, 2013, titled Senators hush-hush as they craft immigration bill. In it, Boston Herald reports that:

The eight senators meet in private several times a week, alternating between Sen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston Herald.

see the light

United States

#61 Mar 9, 2013
justhefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
Shoot the crossers
The fence needs to be electrified. So they turn to crispy fries.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#62 Mar 9, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>The fence needs to be electrified. So they turn to crispy fries.
your azz need to be DRONED......makes for solid parking lot fly-ash!!!
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#63 Mar 9, 2013
Purple Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
You forget one important part of the equation: WE THE PEOPLE. There will be NO BIPARTISAN pathway to citizenship for illegals as long as WE THE PEOPLE say so.
its coming whether you like it or not....WE THE PPL. WILL SEE TO IT.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#64 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Do not blame society. Society has always been for enforcement of immigration laws. Blame Congress and all Administrations who refuse to do what society elected them to do: fund and enforce our immigration laws.
And the answer to your question is simple: POLITICS
It's all about votes, and you can take THAT to the bank.
obama won.....what politics are you talking about. obama is not running for office anymore.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#65 Mar 9, 2013
justhefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
Shoot the crossers
the Indians should've done when those siberian cave dwellers arrived.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#66 Mar 9, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
obama won.....what politics are you talking about. obama is not running for office anymore.
Oh really? Then someone better send him the memo about that.

Location hidden

#67 Mar 9, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
the Indians should've done when those siberian cave dwellers arrived.
So why didn't they?

Location hidden

#68 Mar 9, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
its coming whether you like it or not....WE THE PPL. WILL SEE TO IT.
I'm sorry, but all polls show that WE THE PEOPLE do not want amnesty. YOU are an illegal, that's why you say this.
Nanuq

United States

#69 Mar 9, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>FILTHY BEANER You are inferior and will always be. Im hard working, but you who are lazy , sneak into my Country wanting handouts. Most of you are criminals.
where and when you showed your filthy a s s on our glorious shores?you are just a vermin who's gonna be squashed by the same tactics that your people applied when they came on our land...all I do it's divide and conquer ...bwahahaha
nothingbutruth

Strawberry Plains, TN

#70 Mar 9, 2013
Here is how you can deport millions of illegals in 3 months:
Pass an Executive Order giving illegals 90 days to leave, after which ICE is gonna come after you with the full force of the law. If you leave, you will be allowed to apply for residency later. If you don't leave, you will be barred from the US forever.
See how easy it is?
nah you don't scare none you already lost with those stupid ideas
Hope

Shrewsbury, MA

#71 Mar 10, 2013
Nothing is impossible when you have
God by your side....
You can believe it.....
Thanks....
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#76 Mar 10, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>No,why should we legalize them? Why can't they go thru the proper channels?I do not sneak into Mexico, demanding they give me citizenship and all kinds of benefits men't for their own people. I do not understand why you think it is alright to break the laws here?
Lets be practical, the present system fails to deal with the inflow of immigration into the USA as is and, as a result leads to the chaos we are in today it needs to upgraded and updated for today's demands, as for those who are living here illegally the qualifying ones should be given the chance towards a long pathway to citizenship.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Level 1

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#79 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
You're wrong. Pols are not pragmatic; they're cowards. They fear losing their seats. If you haven't realized that by now, you are a newbie to politics.
Politicians have their own agenda; sometimes it matches what the voters want, other times it doesn't.

The healthcare reform shows many Congressmen will vote for something inspite of how people may feel about it. Some lost their seats because of their votes; most didn't.

You overestimate the oppostion to immigration reform and the effect that has on politicians. They know continued opposition to immigration reform only harms their future in an increasingly hispanic America.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#80 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Because, MY DEAR GRASSHOPPER, times have changed. Today, pols will sell you out for a vote. They tell you what you want to hear and then go and do the exact opposite of what you elected them for. All for greed and political gain. Don't tell me you're THAT NAIVE and haven't noticed this?
I used to be like you -- trusting in the people I elected. That was when I was in my 20s and believed in the rethoric my college education taught me -- "Congress is representive of the people." But when I graduated and went into the workforce, I realized that my college education did not equate to reality. And please do not debate me on this. You will not win.
You must be a very young voter -- naive to the ways of our government. I used to be like you, but Reality set in and I could not deny it any longer. Today, I call a spade a spade. Democrat or Republican. NO MORE EXCUSES. It's all about votes. DON'T FORGET THAT.
And you're viewing history through rose colored glasses if you think politicians have been "selling us out" since the beginning of our republic.

Again, you keep contradicting yourself. Of course it's all about the votes; that's the only way a politician gets elected. But if they're doing it only for your vote, then do something else afer elected, what makes you think you have ANY influence on that at all?

How are you going to force them to enforce immigration laws? Let me guess, by voting out those who don't enforce the laws and vote in those who PROMISE they WILL enforce the laws? What makes you think THIS promise will be kept, since as you admit they do whatever they want after they get your vote.

"but he really really promised he would this time if I would just vote for him instead of the current guy".

Talk about naive......

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#81 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
What?? Your examples...except for "Raids on businesses," have never been the law or done.
I don't even know what you mean by "Here's a few clues why our immigration laws haven't been enfored for the past 200+ years:" and your given examples. I don't understand you. I think readers here don't either. You're so vague and unspecific. Please re-explain what you said in your post.
BTW, you will come across more credible if you just relay your opinions simply and clearly. No need to be cryptic and so X-Filey. Just say what you mean and mean what you say.
Because I'm tyring to demonstrate why the GOPasaurs lost the election on this issue. Your answer if proof you/they just don't understand the issue and why people are opposed to the deportation plan.

Here's the answer-
Americans don't want to live in the type of police state which would be necessary to actually deport tens of millions of illegals and actually seal our borders.

Get it? They may not like illegals coming in, but they don't want to live in the type of police state where house-to-house searches and having to show your papers are a common occurrence.

THAT'S why our immigration laws aren't fully enforced, and why they never will be fully enforced.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#82 Mar 10, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>FILTHY BEANER You are inferior and will always be. Im hard working, but you who are lazy , sneak into my Country wanting handouts. Most of you are criminals.
Gee, I wonder why the GOPasaurs lose the hispanic vote......

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#83 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but all polls show that WE THE PEOPLE do not want amnesty. YOU are an illegal, that's why you say this.
It won't matter.

If the GOPasaurs don't support some form of amnesty, they will lose the hispanic vote for generations, just like they lost the black vote for generations by continued oppostion to the voting rights act.

They see how the demographics of the country are changing; they know without the support of hispanics, they won't see the inside of the White House- except maybe on the visitors tour.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#84 Mar 10, 2013
R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny on other threads he's a black who has suffered racism his whole life (and then some) at the hands of the white people.
Actually I've always been white, and never claimed otherwise. Typical of a racist, you just assumed I was black because I'm able to recognize the harm that centuries of generational institutionalized discrimination has had on my fellow citizens.

Why is it racist whites are always shocked when they find out other whites AREN'T as racist as they are?

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#87 Mar 10, 2013
Tranquillity wrote:
<quoted text>The GOP is not interested in being coasched by you. Why not relax and go watch the ice piles on the lake?
Oh I'm 100% hoping the GOPasaurs DON'T take my advice; in fact I'm COUNTING on it.

I'd like nothing better than to see a Democrat in the White House for the next 50+ years.

Please GOPasaurs, please continue your racist policies!
see the light

United States

#88 Mar 10, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets be practical, the present system fails to deal with the inflow of immigration into the USA as is and, as a result leads to the chaos we are in today it needs to upgraded and updated for today's demands, as for those who are living here illegally the qualifying ones should be given the chance towards a long pathway to citizenship.
They should go to the back of the line. That's reasonable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 3 min Born USA 5,570
News Homeland Security chief criticizes politicians'... 1 hr Dee Dee Dee 2
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 2 hr Just Slim 141,954
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 2 hr positronium 10,471
News Mexican border agency seen as aiding illegal im... 3 hr Dee Dee Dee 4
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 4 hr Brian_G 1,139
News Greenville residents want change 5 hr Silversylvia 1
More from around the web