On May 5, Mexican dominance irks other Latinos

May 4, 2009 Full story: seattletimes.nwsource.com 1,103

With mariachis, tequila and parades, Cinco De Mayo will be celebrated this week in parties across the nation, kicking off a commemoration of Mexican heritage in the United States as a pseudo-holiday that has been adopted by the general population.

This article states on May 5th Mexican may link over other Latinos.It kick off Mexican heartache...............Tim Full Story
First Prev
of 56
Next Last

Since: Dec 06

Chicago IL

#1 May 4, 2009
This article is very interesting it looks like they are claiming May 5th to be a Mexican Holiday..........Tim
cxc

AOL

#4 May 4, 2009
Crops

Littleton, CO

#6 May 4, 2009
Why not Tim? They claim everything in the U.S.A. is Mexico.
shine4me

Fremont, CA

#7 May 4, 2009
RadicalTim wrote:
This article is very interesting it looks like they are claiming May 5th to be a Mexican Holiday..........Tim
They don't want to celebrate in their own Country? Oh, that's right, they are under the impression that THIS is their Country. I'll be out taking pictures and shouting out, "Happy Fourth of July"!!!!!
john

Shawnee Mission, KS

#9 May 4, 2009
Deport them all.

Since: Dec 06

Chicago IL

#10 May 4, 2009
shine4me wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't want to celebrate in their own Country? Oh, that's right, they are under the impression that THIS is their Country. I'll be out taking pictures and shouting out, "Happy Fourth of July"!!!!!
Here's the real reason for the celebration dinko da miao day.
If a illegal uses some ones social security number,
not knowingly it belongs to some one it may be no longer a crime...
http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/i...
Gun shots in some areas, free music....Tim
foxracing

AOL

#12 May 4, 2009
another good time to round them up, and deport them
Pandora

Orange City, FL

#15 May 4, 2009
Mexicans seem to think they are the only Hispanics in the country. As a result, Puerto Ricans (citizens) and Cubans (refugees), and legal immigrants from the islands and South America pay a high price for this influx of illegals.

Mexicans do not deserve preferential treatment. They cast a shadow over other Hispanics in this country who make a great contribution and add to our melting pot.
Lourdes

Las Vegas, NV

#16 May 4, 2009
5 de Mayo is remembered in Mexico as the battle of Puebla when in those days ancient Mexico was being attacked in a town called puebla by the British and the French the battle was won by the mexican Indians and the French and British left. 5 de Mayo is remembered but not celebrated in Mexico. 5 de Mayo is only celebrated in some parts of the USA mostly the southern states and western states of the USA. Some of the North eastern states don't celebrate 5 de Mayo.
The reason why Mexico does not celebrate 5 de Mayo because it is not the Independance in Mexico it is only consider a day to remember for those that died and fought that war.
Independece in Mexico is September 16 when the Mexicans won their independence from spain.
Here in the USA it is a big celebration among other cultures besides Mexicans and Americans. Most people don't even know what 5 de Mayo is.
Viva La Reconquista

AOL

#17 May 5, 2009
---AZTLAN---

-CALIFAS- California
-ARIZA- Arizona
-NEVAZ- Nevada
-UTAZ- Utah
-NUEVO MEXICO- New Mexico
-COLORAZTLAN- Colorado
-TEJAS- Texas
It is me

Tempe, AZ

#19 May 5, 2009
Pandora wrote:
Mexicans seem to think they are the only Hispanics in the country. As a result, Puerto Ricans (citizens) and Cubans (refugees), and legal immigrants from the islands and South America pay a high price for this influx of illegals.
Mexicans do not deserve preferential treatment. They cast a shadow over other Hispanics in this country who make a great contribution and add to our melting pot.
AMEN! Other Latin American immigrants take the legal route 90% of the time to stay in America and get victimized by Id theft from Mexicans at an even higher rate then non Hispanics. They need to speak up and be more vocal. Some Puerto Ricans are even harassed by Mexicans if they are dark skinned. Harassed in their own country by illegal aliens!
Maybe if politicians saw more Hispanics from other nationality's or with legal standing in the U.S., standing up and speaking out on illegal immigration and its impact on their lives, we could get more reform on immigration.
Petro

United States

#21 May 5, 2009
It is me wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN! Other Latin American immigrants take the legal route 90% of the time to stay in America and get victimized by Id theft from Mexicans at an even higher rate then non Hispanics. They need to speak up and be more vocal. Some Puerto Ricans are even harassed by Mexicans if they are dark skinned. Harassed in their own country by illegal aliens!
Maybe if politicians saw more Hispanics from other nationality's or with legal standing in the U.S., standing up and speaking out on illegal immigration and its impact on their lives, we could get more reform on immigration.
Perco ricans are harrassed because they sound like girls when they speak spanish , plus they are sellouts.
something has to change

Salinas, CA

#22 May 5, 2009
the majority of mexican youth do not know what Cinco De Mayo is
yet becomes another day to show attitude &
aggression.
At the highschool, they even took the american flag down,
it caused a lot of hostility, one hispanic girl
was even threatend (by other hispanics)when she pulled the american flag out of the trash
I'd say, if cinco de majo caused that much negative, get rid of it!
if they can't have fun...then they don't need it
American schools have the right to ignore this "holiday" if things have a way of getting out of hand when a Sheriff has to be standing by
"just in case"
Death N Taxes

Mill Valley, CA

#23 May 5, 2009
Pandora wrote:
....Mexicans get preferential treatment? From whom?
john

Shawnee Mission, KS

#25 May 5, 2009
Petro wrote:
<quoted text>
Perco ricans are harrassed because they sound like girls when they speak spanish , plus they are sellouts.
Porto ricans are legal US citizens, not border jumpers!
Mad as can be

El Paso, TX

#26 May 5, 2009
shine4me wrote:
<quoted text>

Please do, let me join you...."HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!" I have the American flag flying high today. True Americans don't celebrate Mexican holidays. If they are so proud of this accomplishment then they should live outside of the United States of America.
john

Shawnee Mission, KS

#27 May 5, 2009
Viva La Reconquista wrote:
---AZTLAN---
-CALIFAS- California
-ARIZA- Arizona
-NEVAZ- Nevada
-UTAZ- Utah
-NUEVO MEXICO- New Mexico
-COLORAZTLAN- Colorado
-TEJAS- Texas
Latino-short brown criminal
PSYKO ONE 915

El Paso, TX

#28 May 5, 2009
Why does there have to be so much racisim in the world?
Mad as can be

El Paso, TX

#29 May 5, 2009
foxracing wrote:
another good time to round them up, and deport them
I don't know how many times I've said that...Thank you.

“Proud Skeptic!”

Since: Feb 08

El Paso

#30 May 5, 2009
Isn't celebrating a military win over the French like celebrating that the sun came up again? It happens so often in so many places that it is irrelevant!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 56
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
San Francisco Proposes Legalizing Prostitution (Oct '08) 1 hr libertarian4321 22
Jan Brewer 2016: 5 Hurdles Faced by GOP Preside... 5 hr OId Sailor 1
Mike DeWine's decision to join Texas immigratio... 6 hr Cricket 23 3
Why Nevada has become a leader in immigration r... 6 hr Cricket 23 1
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 7 hr johnny belinda 137,087
SEAL U.S.BORDERS-Cults! 9 hr SEAL OUR BORDERS-... 1
Nancy Pelosi 'Enormously Disappointed' With Whi... 9 hr R12 Freon 126
More from around the web