Congressman's immigration comments spark outrage

Jul 24, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Town Talk

Condemnation from across the political spectrum was directed at Republican Rep. Steve King of Iowa on Wednesday for after his comments labeling many undocumented immigrants as drug traffickers.

Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Jul 26, 2013

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

From the article...

"They aren't all valedictorians, they weren't all brought in by their parents," King said..."For every one who's a valedictorian, there's another hundred out there that they weigh 130 pounds and they've got calves the size of cantaloupes because they're hauling 75 pounds of marijuana across the desert."

You can listen to King's remarks and his defense of those remarks here...

Boehner calls Rep. King's remarks "hateful"
http://sq1.us/thread/1417/boehner-calls-kings...
Quirky

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Too bad King was just stating the truth that so many seem to hate these days!

STFU Jackie!
Java Bean

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Quirky wrote:
Too bad King was just stating the truth that so many seem to hate these days!
STFU Jackie!
High 5's brother!

..~~..over..~~..
He Is A Good Israeli

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Good boy, he puts Israel first.

http://aksarbent.blogspot.com/2013/04/steve-k...
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Should a person who shows obvious bias towards any other human beings be the holder public office?
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
Should a person who shows obvious bias towards any other human beings be the holder public office?
Good question, but he was voted in as president so there is nothing we can do. Voter ID laws could have prevented that.
lolol

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

kinda says it all though, hard to ignore the facts when they jump in your face.
ELOY, Ariz.- A 21-year-old Mexican man deported 11 times for entering the United States illegally, made it an even 12 when he was caught again Tuesday afternoon - this time on suspicion of drug trafficking.
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/07/18...
okay

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
why not ? you can't find more obvious bias that in the white house itself.
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

okay wrote:
<quoted text>
why not ? you can't find more obvious bias that in the white house itself.
The bias rest on your side of the isles.
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question, but he was voted in as president so there is nothing we can do. Voter ID laws could have prevented that.

Clearly the bias rest squarely on the side that you support and the whole world knows that.
Truth Hurts

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

I on the other hand applaud Steve!!!!!
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
How sad. Pennsylvania tried so hard with their voter obstruction laws, but for some reason they were so stupid they kept mentioning in the press that it was a scam.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/p...

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/06/25/...
Aphelion

Luxemburg, Luxembourg

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

I told everyone last week this would happen.
potter

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

I read a lot of Steve King. He has a lot of disciples. Steve King is everywhere.
Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

They're drug traffickers and killers and rapists and deadbeats. All we get is the trash of mexico. The good mexicans stay in their country and do just fine.
MJo

Dallas, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
PRESIDENT smart one?! Really?
MJo

Dallas, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Speeders Kill Kids wrote:
They're drug traffickers and killers and rapists and deadbeats. All we get is the trash of mexico. The good mexicans stay in their country and do just fine.
It is apparent that your comment is born of ignorance and generalization. I suppose that every American citizen is made of prime stock and there is not one person here on the streets or incarcerated that is not a US citizen. Just as not all citizens ( especially white men in the south-- are not all drunken, wife beating, go to church and then go directly home to get drunk and beat and molest your children ) are saints, not all Mexicans are what the television portrays. Most are here holding the jobs that white men won't bother doing because it is beneath them. So instead the choice is made to sit on unemployment quarter after quarter for as long as the extensions will go. Please no comments about welfare or social services. I work in the "system" I know what is available to legals and/or those not lawfully entered into our country so please no ill-founded, ignorance based comments to waste anyone's time...
The comments about Mexicans made out of anger and prejudice totally disgusts me. It sickens me to know that we, supposedly glorious- all high, esteemed US folk with all of our education, technology etc., do not have the ability to hold a rational, compassionate, caring thought or idea about anything or anyone other than what has been imbibed into our minds... That we are supreme. Fuck that noise...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••