Immigration reform: Which states woul...

Immigration reform: Which states would feel it most? California, for one

There are 46 comments on the WDAM-TV Hattiesburg story from Jan 31, 2013, titled Immigration reform: Which states would feel it most? California, for one. In it, WDAM-TV Hattiesburg reports that:

With immigration reform now firmly on the agendas of both the Senate and White House, a key question is how to assess its possible impact on states, particularly in two of the most important areas, the labor market and fiscal policy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDAM-TV Hattiesburg.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Magadala

North Bend, WA

#1 Jan 31, 2013
America!!! WE MUST DO EVERYTHING IN OUR POWER TO STOP THIS!!! Our leaders have never considered the consequences beyond lies,(illegal immigration is good for the economy;they are only here to feed families...) They lie and tell us they will beef up security and then THEY FILE LAW SUITS ON STATES THAT TRY TO ENFORCE OUR LAWS!!! CRUSH THIS!!!

DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!

numbersusa.com
juan

Chicago, IL

#2 Jan 31, 2013
Magadala wrote:
America!!! WE MUST DO EVERYTHING IN OUR POWER TO STOP THIS!!! Our leaders have never considered the consequences beyond lies,(illegal immigration is good for the economy;they are only here to feed families...) They lie and tell us they will beef up security and then THEY FILE LAW SUITS ON STATES THAT TRY TO ENFORCE OUR LAWS!!! CRUSH THIS!!!
DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =p3YKPrazEMoXX
numbersusa.com
Sshut tha fk up
Magadala

North Bend, WA

#3 Jan 31, 2013
juan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sshut tha fk up
Oh really? Why should I? Oh, yeah, you don't want to be reminded of another big disappointment for you! We have defeated every amnesty related bill and we are getting ready to SLAM the hood down on another attempt.

Interesting. You are like all of the other of your kind, you have no facts, just racist/bigot, and stfu...is that the best you can do? Afterall, you are the best and brightest (according to mexican standards...who can't seem to graduate high school, with highest teen pregnancies)!

Even mexico doesn't want you, and as you know, their standards are pretty low!
Magadala

North Bend, WA

#4 Jan 31, 2013
Gimme facts!!! Can't you guys do something other than give x's and peanuts?!!!

Come on, I call you out, challenge me! Gimme facts to refute what I have said...sadly, ya can't. All you can do is call names! Trust hurts...don't it?!!! LOL

Level 4

Since: Jan 13

Bloomfield, NJ

#5 Jan 31, 2013
The immigration issue is pretty complex. For example the government is also worried about the drop in the number of international students since it's extremely difficult for them to stay here after they finish their studies. There are many students who overstayed their visas though and those are in limbo as well as we speak and definitely they could be great assets for the US economy if they get the right to work.
SI SE PUEDE

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Jan 31, 2013
Magadala wrote:
Gimme facts!!! Can't you guys do something other than give x's and peanuts?!!!
Come on, I call you out, challenge me! Gimme facts to refute what I have said...sadly, ya can't. All you can do is call names! Trust hurts...don't it?!!! LOL
why don't you better muzzle up yourself ,so you don't keep barking your bigot nonsense...
Here is a fact for you:sometimes people don't want to loose time or their fingers tired or wasting saliva in answering in answering your nonsense comments..

Since: Jan 13

San Francisco, CA

#7 Jan 31, 2013
Magadala wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? Why should I? Oh, yeah, you don't want to be reminded of another big disappointment for you! We have defeated every amnesty related bill and we are getting ready to SLAM the hood down on another attempt.
Interesting. You are like all of the other of your kind, you have no facts, just racist/bigot, and stfu...is that the best you can do? Afterall, you are the best and brightest (according to mexican standards...who can't seem to graduate high school, with highest teen pregnancies)!
Ur face is a disappointment
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#9 Feb 1, 2013
Magadala wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you would make a statement like "We have defeated every amnesty related bill and we are getting ready to SLAM the hood down on another attempt" and then go on with some prattle about "facts" and questioning people's education.

There has never been an "amnesty" bill defeated. The only amnesty bill ever proposed in US history was in 1986. That one passed and was signed by Saint Reagan.
Befree

Fremont, CA

#10 Feb 1, 2013
I'm very surprise and disappointed to see these hight skill democrats and republicans to think about illegals the way they do so.
(They brake the law by entering to the United States and don't pay taxes) come on!!!!
They do pay taxes!!! Every small check they get on a weekly basis taxes come out of that check, money they may never see again. when it comes to retiring the social sequrity get to keep that money because the illegal people can't proved their identity,
Check this out....For an illegal person who worked 24 years and paid to the social sequrity a total of 40.000 dollars through out those years.
Times 12 millions illegal equals to 420 billion dollars and that is assuming every one paid into it.
Remember the only ones who don't pay taxes would be people who works on the outside the Home Depot store, but they end up spending their money within.
Befree

Fremont, CA

#11 Feb 1, 2013
SI SE PUEDE wrote:
<quoted text>why don't you better muzzle up yourself ,so you don't keep barking your bigot nonsense...
Here is a fact for you:sometimes people don't want to loose time or their fingers tired or wasting saliva in answering in answering your nonsense comments..
I like your comment. But if I was you I wouldn't waste my time poniendome al nivel the esta gente pendeja.
Dharmesh

Chicago, IL

#12 Feb 1, 2013
Immigration is good for everything its not only good for undocumented people but it's also good for government and American citizens its also built to strong economy... Whether government will give status to illegal people or not they will keep continue hard work to survive or savings. They will not spending money here and they try to transfer all money to their country!! They really don't wanna transfer money but what they can do , without status or security of themselves... They are suffering to keep their families happy and struggling for them.... Employers misuse them and force them to work more than 12 hours a day with no any day off and with no overtime with below minimum wages... Its also increasing unemployment because one illegal employee work for as four legal employees... everybody needs to understand and solve this problem as soon as possible... Obama is really a great leader and understand all problems of each person... Its about for human being too...

“Legals against Illegals!”

Level 5

Since: Dec 11

Willing to stand and Fight!

#13 Feb 1, 2013
If congress would have done its job and enforced our laws years ago, we would not be facing this very big problem of illegal alien insurgents taking over our country.

before illegal immigrants could apply for a green card. They would need to register with the federal government and pay back taxes and fines to qualify for a work permit. They would be ineligible for any federal benefits and would need to begin a long process of earning their citizenship - essentially getting in the back of the line.

Now my question is this: How many are going to step forward to be registered,pay a fine,pay back taxes and then lose the benefits that they now get?

as it is,if they stay in the shadows they get all these benefits and more ..........

WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!

Sign petitions to enforce immigration laws,impeach Obama and more!

http://americanmove.webs.com/thepage.htm
Befree

Fremont, CA

#14 Feb 1, 2013
Let's not just blame it on the illegal people, there is white people who take advantage of the system as well. Also black people and yellow people. I pay taxes as much as the rest of the country does, I don't like it when I have to pay for teenage girls who get pregnant because they didn't think twice before doing it. That isy tax money as well as yours
Magadala

North Bend, WA

#15 Feb 1, 2013
SI SE PUEDE wrote:
<quoted text>why don't you better muzzle up yourself ,so you don't keep barking your bigot nonsense...
Must feel like you are losing.... You certainly can't justify your actions...just ranting and name calling!
Magadala

North Bend, WA

#16 Feb 1, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you would make a statement like "We have defeated every amnesty related bill and we are getting ready to SLAM the hood down on another attempt" and then go on with some prattle about "facts" and questioning people's education.
There has never been an "amnesty" bill defeated. The only amnesty bill ever proposed in US history was in 1986. That one passed and was signed by Saint Reagan.
My bad, you are correct! When I wrote that, I thought about the '86 after I had pressed send. My apologies... I will start including more links to support my statements.

Be great if both sides did!
Magadala

North Bend, WA

#17 Feb 1, 2013
Please let me clarify that I had the Dream Actt in mind! It has never passsed.
When I read their website, one of their disappointments is the fact that CIR includes the Dream Act. Many wanted it seperated.
paisa

United States

#18 Feb 1, 2013
Magadala wrote:
DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watchmagadala ?v=p3YKPrazEMo
numbersusa.com
Magadala dont you have anything better to do? Quit your barking.... Do something useful besides posting crap! Amenesty is a done deal you like or not.....
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#19 Feb 1, 2013
paisa wrote:
<quoted text>Magadala dont you have anything better to do? Quit your barking.... Do something useful besides posting crap! Amenesty is a done deal you like or not.....
Amnesty is not a done deal. Are you nut's. The criminal element alone will disallow millions from becoming citizens. And path will include thee illegal learn English, civic's, and pay back taxes, and have no criminal background. Millions will simply not qualify and sit in there secret lives for as long as they can. The good part is the ones needing entitlement's will be told no unless they jump through the immigration hoop's laid out by our Government. Thousands will simply never apply Mag. Calm down. It can't happen as the Liberal Media would have you believe. Mexican farm worker's might get work permit's and dreamer's meeting stringent requirement's might get in, but the economy is too bad for United States to allow millions in. It looks bad but believe the hype.
Befree

San Jose, CA

#20 Feb 1, 2013
ronnie wrote:
<quoted text>Amnesty is not a done deal. Are you nut's. The criminal element alone will disallow millions from becoming citizens. And path will include thee illegal learn English, civic's, and pay back taxes, and have no criminal background. Millions will simply not qualify and sit in there secret lives for as long as they can. The good part is the ones needing entitlement's will be told no unless they jump through the immigration hoop's laid out by our Government. Thousands will simply never apply Mag. Calm down. It can't happen as the Liberal Media would have you believe. Mexican farm worker's might get work permit's and dreamer's meeting stringent requirement's might get in, but the economy is too bad for United States to allow millions in. It looks bad but believe the hype.
Your life is going to have a big turn around and not for good.
daniel

Spencer, MA

#21 Feb 1, 2013
Dwfdude u just point out the the new law congress just propose as a hard work immigrant i cant wait to registry pay my fine and taxes and finally adjust my status as for getting benefits we cant get nothing even a phone line from verizon i dont know what are talking about legal people that i know can travel can get mortgage nice jobs good insurance new car

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Melissa Harris-Perry Likens Illegal Immigrant D... 9 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 7
News Fired workers say Chipotle was soft on immigration (Apr '11) 49 min Ritual Habitual 13
News Trey Gowdy Makes His Endorsement of Marco Rubio... 55 min Ritual Habitual 4
News Border Patrol Agent: We Will Be Terminated If W... 1 hr Skypilot 4
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... 1 hr Garibaldi 4,144
News Dana Milbank, Washington Post: Cruz has firm lo... 1 hr Ritual Habitual 1
News Clinton releases first Spanish-language ads 4 hr Raydot 3
More from around the web