Video: Obama: US will meet Taliban ahead of Afghan-led peace process

Jun 18, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS News

President Obama said the United States will meet the Taliban for peace talks in Doha, but insisted an "Afghan-owned peace process is the best way to end the violence" in a region torn apart by a bloody 12-year war.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of221
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
rio

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 18, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

6

America's intervention in Afghanistan is completely failing by the look of it.

Now they seek a way out of the mess by trading with their arch-enemy. What a joke!

US foreign policy is absolutely bankrupt.
rio

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 18, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

2

This reminds me of the Paris Peace Accord between Le Duc Tho and Henry Kissinger, when America was looking for a dignified way out of Vietnam.

In the end, the US withdrew and left their allies Thieu and Ky to hang dry as the communists took Saigon.

Here is a warning for you Karzai!
Gary

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 18, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Eighthman wrote:
Muslim much?
Remember when the Taliban were given the grand tour of
the state of Texas by Texas oilmen back in 1997?

The Taliban representatives “…were amazed by the luxurious homes of Texan oil barons. Invited to dinner at the palatial home of Martin Miller, a vice-president of Unocal, they marveled at his swimming pool, views of the golf course and six bathrooms.”

That was the same Taliban that harbored Osama bin Laden.

Where were you then? With your head stuck in the sand?

What a complete putz.
Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 18, 2013
 

Judged:

7

6

4

Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember when the Taliban were given the grand tour of
the state of Texas by Texas oilmen back in 1997?
The Taliban representatives “…were amazed by the luxurious homes of Texan oil barons. Invited to dinner at the palatial home of Martin Miller, a vice-president of Unocal, they marveled at his swimming pool, views of the golf course and six bathrooms.”
That was the same Taliban that harbored Osama bin Laden.
Where were you then? With your head stuck in the sand?
What a complete putz.
When slcik willie was president?? You're right for once..al queda had already attacked the US Embasssy in Narobi, the USS cole and the Air Force Barracks on Saudi.......whilst slick willie chased interns and attacked Mt. Carmel and Ruby Ridge.......

Get a brain, bozo.

http://www.historycommons.org/context.jsp...
Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 18, 2013
 

Judged:

6

5

4

Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember when the Taliban were given the grand tour of
the state of Texas by Texas oilmen back in 1997?
The Taliban representatives “…were amazed by the luxurious homes of Texan oil barons. Invited to dinner at the palatial home of Martin Miller, a vice-president of Unocal, they marveled at his swimming pool, views of the golf course and six bathrooms.”
That was the same Taliban that harbored Osama bin Laden.
Where were you then? With your head stuck in the sand?
What a complete putz.
Read the re;ort, clown. They visited many areas in the US...you're attempt to associatte them with "Texas Oilmen" is asinine. Pull your pants up, your caught with them down again.
See the Light

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 18, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Is he for real? Next Obama will be giving them guns .
Cat74

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 18, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

5

Of course the Muslim President will meet with the Taliban. He wants to congratulate them on their victory in Afghanistan. They will all have a drink together, Whata guy, our President.

“Obama tells the right to...”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 18, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

3

Never fails… the tea-baggers will cry and whine over any and everything our great Osama-killing President does… sucks to lose an election and have to pray for scandals and hope for impeachment, and settle for crying over nothing, LOL!
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 18, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

See the Light wrote:
Is he for real? Next Obama will be giving them guns .
No, not like Ronnie.

Bin Laden not only raised millions for the effort, but helped encourage Arab volunteers to go fight for Reagan against the Soviets and the Afghan communists. The Arab volunteers included people like Ayman al-Zawahiri, a young physician who had been jailed for having been involved in the assassination of Egyptian president Anwar El-Sadat. Bin Laden kept a database of these volunteers. In Arabic the word for base is al-Qaeda.

In the US, the Christian Right adopted the Mujahideen as their favorite project. They even sent around a “biblical checklist” for grading US congressman as to how close they were to the “Christian” political line. If a congressman didn’t support the radical Muslim Muj, he or she was downgraded by the evangelicals and fundamentalists.

Reagan wanted to give more and more sophisticated weapons to the Mujahideen (“freedom fighters”). The Pakistani generals were forming an alliance with the fundamentalist Jamaat-i Islam and begining to support madrasahs or hardline seminaries that would teach Islamic extremism. But even they balked at giving the ragtag Muj really advanced weaponry.

Poor teabagger.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 18, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

2

These gentlemen are the moral equivalents of America’s founding fathers.”— Ronald Regan while introducing the Mujahideen leaders to media on the White house lawns (1985).

Ronnie even gave them their own day.

The Congress, by Senate Joint Resolution 65, has designated March 21, 1983 as “Afghanistan Day” and has requested the President to issue a proclamation in observance of that day.

Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby designate March 21, 1983 as Afghanistan Day.

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-first day of March, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and eighty-three, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and seventh.

Ronald Reagan
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 18, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

Cat74 wrote:
Of course the Muslim President will meet with the Taliban. He wants to congratulate them on their victory in Afghanistan. They will all have a drink together, Whata guy, our President.
Like Ronnie?
See the Light

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 18, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not like Ronnie.
Bin Laden not only raised millions for the effort, but helped encourage Arab volunteers to go fight for Reagan against the Soviets and the Afghan communists. The Arab volunteers included people like Ayman al-Zawahiri, a young physician who had been jailed for having been involved in the assassination of Egyptian president Anwar El-Sadat. Bin Laden kept a database of these volunteers. In Arabic the word for base is al-Qaeda.
In the US, the Christian Right adopted the Mujahideen as their favorite project. They even sent around a “biblical checklist” for grading US congressman as to how close they were to the “Christian” political line. If a congressman didn’t support the radical Muslim Muj, he or she was downgraded by the evangelicals and fundamentalists.
Reagan wanted to give more and more sophisticated weapons to the Mujahideen (“freedom fighters”). The Pakistani generals were forming an alliance with the fundamentalist Jamaat-i Islam and begining to support madrasahs or hardline seminaries that would teach Islamic extremism. But even they balked at giving the ragtag Muj really advanced weaponry.
Poor teabagger.
Willie Clinton was handed Osama 8 times on a siver platter. Clinton was to busy chasing interns to bother.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 18, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

2

Cat74 wrote:
Of course the Muslim President will meet with the Taliban. He wants to congratulate them on their victory in Afghanistan. They will all have a drink together, Whata guy, our President.
Have you ever considered a career in fertilizing? At least you would make a positive contribution to our fair land.
See the Light

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 18, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever considered a career in fertilizing? At least you would make a positive contribution to our fair land.
That must be what your'e job is, oh sorry your'e on Welfare.
Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Palestine, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 18, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Never fails… the tea-baggers will cry and whine over any and everything our great Osama-killing President does… sucks to lose an election and have to pray for scandals and hope for impeachment, and settle for crying over nothing, LOL!
It must really suck to support a loser who hasn't accomplished a thing in his administration.....whose ONLY success have been WITH Bush's policies, incuding killing osama bin laden.

We don't need to pray for scandals, pretend Marine. He's giving enough on his own. LMAO
See the Light

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 18, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
It must really suck to support a loser who hasn't accomplished a thing in his administration.....whose ONLY success have been WITH Bush's policies, incuding killing osama bin laden.
We don't need to pray for scandals, pretend Marine. He's giving enough on his own. LMAO
How amberassing to be so proud of such a lying, corrupt, American hating man. Never had a President in U.S. history that was so anti-american.

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jun 18, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
It must really suck to support a loser who hasn't accomplished a thing in his administration.....whose ONLY success have been WITH Bush's policies, incuding killing osama bin laden.
We don't need to pray for scandals, pretend Marine. He's giving enough on his own. LMAO
See the Light wrote:
<quoted text>How amberassing to be so proud of such a lying, corrupt, American hating man. Never had a President in U.S. history that was so anti-american.
DME wrote:
You people are certifiably insane.
umm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jun 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Obama now is talking to Taliban. Imagine.
Dump

Enterprise, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jun 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Doctor My Eyes wrote:
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
It must really suck to support a loser who hasn't accomplished a thing in his administration.....whose ONLY success have been WITH Bush's policies, incuding killing osama bin laden.
We don't need to pray for scandals, pretend Marine. He's giving enough on his own. LMAO
<quoted text>
DME wrote:
You people are certifiably insane.
You're correct.

You're eyes need doctoring.

You can't see what is plainly in front of them.
Bill R

Halsey, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jun 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Hmmm .... within the past few days Obama has
promised weapons to rebels who are against Assad
and happen to include Islamic radicals and today
he decides its time to meet with the Taliban
leaders now that U.S. troops are only going to
"support" Afghan soldiers. Odd coincidence I'
sure.

It is easy to see Syria and Afghanistan both having
their own Arab Spring before Obama leaves office.
He'll purse his lips and express hope that democracy "now has a chance."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of221
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Immigration Reform Forum right now

Search the Immigration Reform Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Armed immigration agents raid Westbrook eatery (Sep '11) 18 min American Bob 10
Armed militias planning to take over US border ... 20 min Ibn Natas 55
Deported illegal immigrants return repeatedly |... (Dec '10) 28 min NoWayFastEddie 44
Border money request won't include policy change 31 min wild child 39
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 52 min Quirky 239,448
Obama blamed for immigration influx 1 hr nanoanomaly 65
New York Times: Ugly for Americans Against Ille... 1 hr the Light 74
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••