Abortion bills force both parties to rethink political calculus

Jul 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

People gather outside the state legislature as Senate Republicans gave their final approval to legislation requiring additional rules surrounding abortions in North Carolina, even as hundreds of protesters against the bill watched from the gallery in Raleigh, N.C., Wednesday,July 3. As a member of the Wisconsin State Assembly years ago, Republican ... (more)

Comments
981 - 1,000 of 1,168 Comments Last updated Nov 6, 2013
incredulous

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1004
Oct 25, 2013
 
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "comparisons", aren't.
Asking for a medication to be included in an insurance plan that you are paying a premium for, and for which you will also make a co-pay is NOT asking for "something for nothing". Never has been, never will be.
I am not responsible for your ignorance. Clearly, you are incapable of understanding simple concepts along with having NO concept how business works. You are clueless to the impact adding benefits to insurance policies has on business, schools and policy holders. Slooter wans oscumma to powder her pooter and he is happy to do it.
incredulous

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1005
Oct 25, 2013
 
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No she doesn't. You are wrong.
Still, I wasn't discussing her with Dan, do pay attention.
I'm just pointing out the fact that you are not remotely aware of how the flooters of the world will impact business when they continue to make demands on making everyone else pay for the care of their pooters. It's very clear you are not only uneducated, you are an angry mental mess who lived in an abusive home and needs therapy. Using Topix to take out your frustrations and hatred towards men and women is not going to rid you of your demons.

“Blessed Be”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1006
Oct 25, 2013
 
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>It makes sense you grew up in an abusive household as it plays out right here in this forum. Get therapy before you start making dresses out of your human captives.
A REAL psychologist would not have misunderstood her post like that. At no time did she say she grew up in an abusive household, but that her brother was abused by a priest.

Learn to read.

“Blessed Be”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1007
Oct 25, 2013
 
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text> I'm just pointing out the fact that you are not remotely aware of how the flooters of the world will impact business when they continue to make demands on making everyone else pay for the care of their pooters. It's very clear you are not only uneducated, you are an angry mental mess who lived in an abusive home and needs therapy. Using Topix to take out your frustrations and hatred towards men and women is not going to rid you of your demons.
Since she wasn't the subject under discussion, you have no point.

“Blessed Be”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1008
Oct 25, 2013
 
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text> I'm just pointing out the fact that you are not remotely aware of how the flooters of the world will impact business when they continue to make demands on making everyone else pay for the care of their pooters. It's very clear you are not only uneducated, you are an angry mental mess who lived in an abusive home and needs therapy. Using Topix to take out your frustrations and hatred towards men and women is not going to rid you of your demons.
Not only am I not angry, I have no hatred for men or women. Nothing in my posts has indicated such. You're a fool.
incredulous

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1009
Oct 25, 2013
 
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"FYI, under ACA, BC is to be provided at no co-pay/coinsurance."
FYI, I wasn't talking about the ACA,
"No out-of-pocket other than whatever cost is amortized into the premium."
Also not "absorbed" by the employer, then, correct?
"So, it's not "something for nothing""
I already know this. Tell it to the one on your side who keeps saying it is.
"but it's treated differently than other medications one would be prescribed."
And why would is that? Could it be because it's the only medication that anyone is specifically trying to keep out of insurance coverage because of their own religious beliefs that shouldn't apply to everyone in the company, but somehow the employer wants to impose them anyway?
BC coverage is excluded from many policies because it is expensive, idiot. If a company has to subsidize thousands upon thousands of women's bc pills......you bet it's going to cost. Of course you wouldn't realize that because you've been mooching off of people your entire life. You wouldn't have the slightest idea what it means to actually pay for your expenses.
incredulous

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1010
Oct 25, 2013
 
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
A REAL psychologist would not have misunderstood her post like that. At no time did she say she grew up in an abusive household, but that her brother was abused by a priest.
Learn to read.
There was nothing to misunderstand. She said her father made her mother stay at home against her wishes and THAT's abusive. The father AND mother created a conflicted environment which obviously caused a great deal of emotional damage to morgana. She has demonstrated her pathology quite well already.
incredulous

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1011
Oct 25, 2013
 
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only am I not angry, I have no hatred for men or women. Nothing in my posts has indicated such. You're a fool.
Oh but you are angry, spiteful and in need of some counseling. I doubt I'm the first person to tell you that.

“Blessed Be”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1012
Oct 25, 2013
 
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>I am not responsible for your ignorance. Clearly, you are incapable of understanding simple concepts along with having NO concept how business works. You are clueless to the impact adding benefits to insurance policies has on business, schools and policy holders. Slooter wans oscumma to powder her pooter and he is happy to do it.
I am capable of understanding. You are just wrong, that's all.

“Blessed Be”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1013
Oct 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>Oh but you are angry, spiteful and in need of some counseling. I doubt I'm the first person to tell you that.
You're wrong, I am not angry or spiteful. You're wrong about quite a lot, actually.

But don't let that stop you from making a fool of yourself.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1014
Oct 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. You not only replied, you responded directly to something I said in my post. If you were really going to scroll past, there would be no reply.
You still haven't seen the doctor about that lying virus you caught from NR, Knit and Sassy, have you?
Scrolling by again.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1015
Oct 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, my mother was not a role model for me. She was a very unhappy person confined to house and home, she had wanted to be a nurse but was not supported by my father who believed she belonged at home, which she abided by. Also, my mother was a devout catholic even after finding out my brother had been abused by a priest. I find that intolerable, simply unimaginable to me. My mother was the most male dependent person I have ever known. But not uncommon for that time period.
Am I guessing right that you didn't want to grow up and be like her and that she was a dissapointment to you in what you think a mother and woman should be?

“Blessed Be”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1016
Oct 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Scrolling by again.
No, you're obviously not, since you stopped to reply.

You ARE lying again, however. Better get that looked at.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1017
Oct 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Sexual freedom can be quite threatening to some.
I don't think so. But who wants to hear about everybody's private needs.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1018
Oct 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, just like being pregnant is right out there for everyone to see. You are such a fcking prude. Sex is a reality and natural it is part of who we are. You religious types are so hung up on sex and ashamed that is quite comical.
Wrong. Going before a senate hearing to beg for the pill is simply for attention. If she needs attention that bad she probably doesn't need the pill anyway. She probably doesn't have any friends to give her attention never mind have someone to sleep with.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Level 1

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1019
Oct 25, 2013
 
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>It makes sense you grew up in an abusive household as it plays out right here in this forum. Get therapy before you start making dresses out of your human captives.
Where was the mention of abuse?

My mother stayed at home to care of kids and the home, just as you rant, rave and carry on about. She never had her own life or her needs met with pursuing a career in healthcare, and now you consider it abuse? I think you got you tiny dick in a wringer here. You are a contradictory mess and totally fcked in the head. You are the one constantly labeling women with your rants and then expect a civil conversation. You are a hot mess, alone frustrated and not a taker in sight....and there never will be one.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Level 1

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1020
Oct 25, 2013
 
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you must take this so seriously you get yourself in a fever? Back off the belladonna and the broomstick.
Yup, the post wouldn't go as a reply so you put it in the space below. In this instance, Topix duplicated which is quite common. Even if you had the sense of a gnat, you would know to skip over duplicates. What's more, you're still flaunting your own stupidity by continuing to talk about it.
Sounds like Mommy and Daddy dearest did a number on you. This is precisely what is wrong with society.......idiots have children and the cycle continues. Loving comitted parents bringing children into the world to be independent, compassionate, capable, hardworking and so on would have a great impact on society. Unfortunately, stupid selfish people continue to have kids and you are a product of that stupidity. No doubt your mom wanted an abortion which is why I think she should have had access to one.
LOL!!!

AND the lies continue.

What would you know about loving parents? You had none and you will never be one. It is that simple. You have the personality of a rattle snake, cannot hold to a straight consistent argument are frustrated beyond comprehension and your face is twin to your ass, for now we will bypass your hygiene problems.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Level 1

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1021
Oct 25, 2013
 
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I guessing right that you didn't want to grow up and be like her and that she was a dissapointment to you in what you think a mother and woman should be?
Wow, that thought process must have took everything you got!

She was a good but very unhappy mother as she had hopes and aspirations of her own but was convinced by my father and society at that time that she BELONGED in the home and no where else.

She was never anything but what she was told to be. Was she a disappointment? The fact that she did not stand her ground, yes. As far as the catholicism goes I could never be anything like her. To have your child abused under the wing of an institution that could not care less then continue to uphold that institution is nothing short of traitorous, Chew on that a while.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Level 1

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1022
Oct 25, 2013
 
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Going before a senate hearing to beg for the pill is simply for attention. If she needs attention that bad she probably doesn't need the pill anyway. She probably doesn't have any friends to give her attention never mind have someone to sleep with.
She begged for nothing. She further exposed the discriminatory misogynistic practices of a fcked up religion. AND that is what bothers you because deep down you KNOW it is true. She had guts, something you seriously lack as you prattle along bowing to the misogyny. If you had lived in the day of the Suffragettes you have claimed they were just looking for attention. JFC you are stupid.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1023
Oct 26, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Morgana 9 wrote:
She begged for nothing. She further exposed the discriminatory misogynistic practices of a fcked up religion. AND that is what bothers you because deep down you KNOW it is true. She had guts, something you seriously lack as you prattle along bowing to the misogyny. If you had lived in the day of the Suffragettes you have claimed they were just looking for attention.
Agreed. I have no doubt whatsoever that Inky would have been one of those silly anti-suffrage women who kept saying stupid things, such as "I have all the rights I want" and "women don't want the vote."

Of course they either didn't realize or they refused to see that they "had all the rights they wanted" only if their husbands ALLOWED them to have any.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••