Abortion bills force both parties to ...

Abortion bills force both parties to rethink political calculus

There are 1168 comments on the The Washington Post story from Jul 6, 2013, titled Abortion bills force both parties to rethink political calculus. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

People gather outside the state legislature as Senate Republicans gave their final approval to legislation requiring additional rules surrounding abortions in North Carolina, even as hundreds of protesters against the bill watched from the gallery in Raleigh, N.C., Wednesday,July 3. As a member of the Wisconsin State Assembly years ago, Republican ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 59
Next Last

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Level 1

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#1 Jul 6, 2013
The republicans war on women continues.
And.....
on Hispanics/Latinos
on Blacks
on Gays
on Veterans
on Farmers
on the poor
on Muslims

Someone should tell the GOP that their largest voting block, old, white men, isn't getting any bigger. It's actually shrinking. They would be better served if they opened their minds and shut their pie holes. Dummies....

“True Gun Control”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#2 Jul 6, 2013
x0x0x wrote:
The republicans war on women continues.
And.....
on Hispanics/Latinos
on Blacks
on Gays
on Veterans
on Farmers
on the poor
on Muslims
Someone should tell the GOP that their largest voting block, old, white men, isn't getting any bigger. It's actually shrinking. They would be better served if they opened their minds and shut their pie holes. Dummies....
Somebody should tell the liberals that killing 23 million female babies is the ultimate war on women, not just some strawman over pills.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Jul 6, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
You just did fetus breath.

Roe v. Wade. Can't touch that.
Cat74

Schaumburg, IL

#4 Jul 6, 2013
That is the third state this week that has restricted Abortion. Most required no abortions after the 20th week. How stupid do you have to be to go past the 20th week before you get the abortion? Too stupid to be breeding, that is for sure.
Fire the GOP

San Jose, CA

#5 Jul 6, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody should tell the liberals that killing 23 million female babies is the ultimate war on women, not just some strawman over pills.
Someone should tell the "conservatives" that killing 46 million female half-babies is the ultimate war on women, not just some strawman over masturbation.

How many half-lives have you snuffed out into a tissue during your lifetime?

Leave the abortion debate to the women. You just stop jerking off if you are so concerned about lives.
drinK the Hive

Anonymous Proxy

#7 Jul 6, 2013
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#8 Jul 6, 2013
One would think the Supreme Court had never ruled on the subject. Republicans constantly waste legislative time with these nonsensical attacks, they evidently prefer it to working.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#9 Jul 6, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody should tell the liberals that killing 23 million female babies is the ultimate war on women, not just some strawman over pills.
Bizarre. Who's killed 23 million female babies? Is this happening on some planet you live on?
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#10 Jul 6, 2013
The Supreme Court certainly did not grant approval to kill the baby right up until it's normal birth. Give a liberal an inch, and they want a mile. There are even those who want post birth abortion. The states had to step in at that point.
Oranjeboom

Manassas, VA

#11 Jul 6, 2013
the foetus also have the right to develop into a fully grown baby ya know.
Chicopee

Danbury, CT

#12 Jul 6, 2013
fingiswold wrote:
One would think the Supreme Court had never ruled on the subject. Republicans constantly waste legislative time with these nonsensical attacks, they evidently prefer it to working.
DO tell us what the Supreme Court ruled on what consitutes "viability of the fetus".

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Level 1

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#13 Jul 7, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody should tell the liberals that killing 23 million female babies is the ultimate war on women, not just some strawman over pills.
Funny, but the majority of abortions are done while the fetus is still too small to determine gender. Your 23 million female "babies" stat is completely false and no where can you obtain stats regarding that unless you are privy to women's personal health records, which you are not.

Guess that shoots another one of your lies all to hell.
Abortion is an always will be legal. It's humane to end a pregnancy when the fetus is unaware and unable to feel or think.

40,000 living, breathing, precious children starve to death slowly and painfully every single day across the world.

You people never talk about them. Only the unborn who know nothing and feel nothing....they must remind you of yourself.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Level 1

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#14 Jul 7, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
The Supreme Court certainly did not grant approval to kill the baby right up until it's normal birth. Give a liberal an inch, and they want a mile. There are even those who want post birth abortion. The states had to step in at that point.
OK...you've hit rock bottom.
Liberals never introduced legislation to kill babies after they are born but you just keep printing things like that on topix for everyone to see.

You are the best recruiting tool the DNC could ever hope for.

Keep up the good work, Cunt74. You are priceless....to dems!

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Level 1

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#15 Jul 7, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
That is the third state this week that has restricted Abortion. Most required no abortions after the 20th week. How stupid do you have to be to go past the 20th week before you get the abortion? Too stupid to be breeding, that is for sure.
Had you read the legislation .......babhahahahaha
Silly me. Why would you read it? You just go on what FAUX news spoon feeds you.

Women who REQUIRE abortions after 20 weeks are 100% committed to their pregnancies.

They didn't "Just find out" they were pregnant and are hoping for an easy way out.

They are told by their doctor that the pregnancy is not viable and not only will the fetus not survive, it has become a threat to the life of the mother, you know, the LIVING BREATHING HUMAN BEING CARRYING THE UNBORN FETUS? REMEMBER HER? THE WOMAN? Your fellow American that you supposedly care about so much?

This is why republicans can jam this anti-women legislation through in states led by old white males. They know their constituncy is a bunch of dumbcunts like you Cunt74.
Cat74

Carpentersville, IL

#16 Jul 7, 2013
Planned Parenthood, that kills more babies then any other group in the whole country, petitioned a state legislature for permission to have post birth abortions, because some babies are popping out before the medication takes effect, but Mommy Dearest still doesn't want it. What to do, what to do!! Why just go ahead and kill it, of course. They are liberals. Anything else you need to know? I say use a little common sense, and don't screw everything that is still breathing, and you wouldn't get pregnant.

“True Gun Control”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#17 Jul 7, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
You just did fetus breath.
Roe v. Wade. Can't touch that.
In Secret, Court Vastly Broadens Powers of N.S.A.

By ERIC LICHTBLAU



WASHINGTON ó In more than a dozen classified rulings, the nationís surveillance court has created a secret body of law giving the National Security Agency the power to amass vast collections of data on Americans while pursuing not only terrorism suspects, but also people possibly involved in nuclear proliferation, espionage and cyberattacks, officials say.

Obama plays I SPY.

“True Gun Control”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#18 Jul 7, 2013
Fire the GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone should tell the "conservatives" that killing 46 million female half-babies is the ultimate war on women, not just some strawman over masturbation.
How many half-lives have you snuffed out into a tissue during your lifetime?
Leave the abortion debate to the women. You just stop jerking off if you are so concerned about lives.
Oh my, you sound like a twit of experience. Tell us pookie, do you own stock in Puffs.

“True Gun Control”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#19 Jul 7, 2013
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>Funny, but the majority of abortions are done while the fetus is still too small to determine gender. Your 23 million female "babies" stat is completely false and no where can you obtain stats regarding that unless you are privy to women's personal health records, which you are not.
Guess that shoots another one of your lies all to hell.
Abortion is an always will be legal. It's humane to end a pregnancy when the fetus is unaware and unable to feel or think.
40,000 living, breathing, precious children starve to death slowly and painfully every single day across the world.
You people never talk about them. Only the unborn who know nothing and feel nothing....they must remind you of yourself.
Prove it pookie. Your opinion belongs in an outhouse.

“True Gun Control”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#20 Jul 7, 2013
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>OK...you've hit rock bottom.
Liberals never introduced legislation to kill babies after they are born but you just keep printing things like that on topix for everyone to see.
You are the best recruiting tool the DNC could ever hope for.
Keep up the good work, Cunt74. You are priceless....to dems!
Senator Obama did moron. He said if an abortion failed and the baby lived it should be left to die.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#21 Jul 7, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
t-futility

hahahahahahahahahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 59
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Illegal Immigration Behind Soaring U.S. Murd... 45 min tomin cali 1
News Trump platform: Because I said so 47 min tomin cali 1
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr D Valens 138,680
News Are illegal immigrants bringing 'tremendous' di... 2 hr Prep-for-Dep 100
News How Undocumented Immigrants Help Strengthen Our... 2 hr grownups 213
News Palin Slams Coverage of 'Non-Traditional' Trump... 2 hr sandy1 23
News CNN's Hoover: 'Far Right Wing' Will Oppose Trum... 15 hr tomin cali 3
More from around the web