Problems apparent for immigration in ...

Problems apparent for immigration in House

There are 149 comments on the KMIZ story from Jun 21, 2013, titled Problems apparent for immigration in House. In it, KMIZ reports that:

Momentum in the Senate may be building for passage of a comprehensive immigration reform bill after a border security deal was announced this week, but House GOP opposition to immigration legislation remains the biggest roadblock to a bill getting to the president's desk, and that opposition only appears to be hardening.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KMIZ.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Level 1

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#147 Jun 26, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Did you serve so illegal aliens could use healthcare dollars that poor American families need? Did you serve so pregnant illegal aliens could swim across the border and have their children here, for free? Charity begins at home but what we have today is the opposite of charity. It's vote buying at the expense of our own needy. This is 100% political. It has nothing to do with compassion or anything else.
I severed to keep our country the greatest country on earth. One of the consequences of BEING the greatest country on earth is that everyone else wants to come here. Not surprisingly some will come illegally rather than wait 10+ years only to be denied a visa.

Of course our immigration policy is 100% politics; it always has been and always will be. In the past we banned Asians from immigrating, and placed annual limits on all other non-whites trying to come here. Today the current boogeyman is the illegal Hispanic.

Same racist political crap, different day.
spud

Bangor, PA

#148 Jun 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I severed to keep our country the greatest country on earth. One of the consequences of BEING the greatest country on earth is that everyone else wants to come here. Not surprisingly some will come illegally rather than wait 10+ years only to be denied a visa.
Of course our immigration policy is 100% politics; it always has been and always will be. In the past we banned Asians from immigrating, and placed annual limits on all other non-whites trying to come here. Today the current boogeyman is the illegal Hispanic.
Of course everyone wants to come here. That's why we need border security. Imagine if an equal percentage of Indonesians, Chinese and Indians decided to come here illegally. Do you think this country could withstand that? It's not racist to want illegal aliens out of this country. You could call it nationalistic, economically responsible or morally right but you can't call it racist.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#149 Jun 26, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Of course everyone wants to come here. That's why we need border security. Imagine if an equal percentage of Indonesians, Chinese and Indians decided to come here illegally. Do you think this country could withstand that? It's not racist to want illegal aliens out of this country. You could call it nationalistic, economically responsible or morally right but you can't call it racist.
It's racist because the focus is entirely on the brown skinned coming across our southern border, and COMPLETELY IGNORING the fact that nearly 50% of all people illegally in this country are those who overstayed their visas- brown, white, black, Asian, etc.
ICE

Centerville, IN

#150 Jun 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, we're going to elect Hillary president in '16, mostly just to piss off people like you.
Thats really smart, elect another loser just to piss people off, you liberals are really screwed up.
spud

Bangor, PA

#151 Jun 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It's racist because the focus is entirely on the brown skinned coming across our southern border, and COMPLETELY IGNORING the fact that nearly 50% of all people illegally in this country are those who overstayed their visas- brown, white, black, Asian, etc.
When 68% of all illegal aliens come from Mexico, is it any wonder that they make up the most illegal alien arrests? Again, this isn't in any way racist. It's simple math. Now if the majority of arrested people turned out to be Eskimos, I would concede there was probably some kind of targeting going on.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#152 Jun 26, 2013
ICE wrote:
<quoted text>Thats really smart, elect another loser just to piss people off, you liberals are really screwed up.
No, that's just a happy side benefit of electing Hillary as President.
ICE

Centerville, IN

#153 Jun 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not racist, where do most illegal alien invaders come from? Oh yeah when I go to the city, I see a bunch of white German speaking illegals standing in front of Home Depot, I see Canadians roofing the house down the road, I see Frenchmen working in Restaurants. Good try, but no one is buying your line of BS!

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#154 Jun 26, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>When 68% of all illegal aliens come from Mexico, is it any wonder that they make up the most illegal alien arrests? Again, this isn't in any way racist. It's simple math. Now if the majority of arrested people turned out to be Eskimos, I would concede there was probably some kind of targeting going on.
It's racist no matter how you spin it.

If all the illegals were white people we wouldn't hear a peep out of anyone about it.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#155 Jun 26, 2013
ICE wrote:
<quoted text>Its not racist, where do most illegal alien invaders come from? Oh yeah when I go to the city, I see a bunch of white German speaking illegals standing in front of Home Depot, I see Canadians roofing the house down the road, I see Frenchmen working in Restaurants. Good try, but no one is buying your line of BS!
So you're ASSUMING they're illegal based on their skin color & the language they speak.

Oh no, nothing racist about that at all!
Level 5

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#156 Jun 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It's racist no matter how you spin it.
If all the illegals were white people we wouldn't hear a peep out of anyone about it.
when the british came over, we made a big fuss. remember?

and need I remind you.. they were all white.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#157 Jun 26, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
when the british came over, we made a big fuss. remember?
and need I remind you.. they were all white.
Not surprising an Asian would think that's the same thing....
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#158 Jun 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Not surprising an Asian would think that's the same thing....
Not surprising a racist would make a comment like that about Asians.
RTT

Honolulu, HI

#159 Jun 26, 2013
I think a bill will eventually pass. The powerful interest groups of this country want it badly right now, which makes it harder to fight against it.

The Democrats will likely cave on the 90% metric before green card status, and Republicans will attach about 4 or 5 strict border laws by themselves and insist they be attached to the overall Senate bill to vote for it. They will mostly be about state enforcement being allowed, E-verify being stronger, and especially the exit/entry tracking being much much stronger which is currently by far the biggest illegal immigration problem. Path to citizenship will be tied to stronger border triggers that Republicans want. We shall see though, I could be wrong.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#161 Jun 26, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you would, if they were coming here by the tens of millions, disobeying our laws. Industry, government and stores being forced to use their language because they didn't want to learn ours. Press 1 for Italian???? Working for wages that lowers the wages of Americans and then sending that money back home. You bet we would speak out.
Oh that's right, your kind DID speak out against Italian immigrants and German immigrants and of course how could I forget the infamous "no Irish need apply".

Yep, you're right, bigots will indeed be bigots against whatever group is currently being targeted.

Yesterday it was Irish & Italians, before that Asians, before that all non-whites. Today it's Hispanics.

Congrats on being an equal opportunity bigot.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#163 Jun 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh that's right, your kind DID speak out against Italian immigrants and German immigrants and of course how could I forget the infamous "no Irish need apply".
Yep, you're right, bigots will indeed be bigots against whatever group is currently being targeted.
Yesterday it was Irish & Italians, before that Asians, before that all non-whites. Today it's Hispanics.
Congrats on being an equal opportunity bigot.
So now it is not only Asians that you are making bigoted remarks about, it is all non-Hispanic people.
See the Light

El Paso, TX

#164 Jun 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It hasn't been the Greatest Country for 5 years now. America as we knew it, is gone. Its been degraded so much and will continue to be for the next 3 yrs.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#165 Jun 26, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You know..... I've always pictured what a classroom would be like in about 100 years from now or so. I picture a teacher telling her students that over 100 years ago, man believed he could control the climate. Then the children break out in laughter the way we did when our teachers told us that man once believed the earth was flat, and if you walk too far, you fall off.
Nobody has a monopoly on anything. Show Americans a cheaper and better way, they will choose it on their own. Oil, gas and energy companies get no more of a subsidy than any other corporation.
The problem with all this global warming nonsense is that it's a bottomless pit. xxxrayted's rule of law: You can't make an environmentalist happy. It just isn't possible. I'm 53 years old and we've been trying all of my life, and they're still not happy.
There is only so much you can bleed the American people. After a while, there is no money left.
I'm a truck driver, and as the years roll by, I've seen countless anti-pollution gadgets and regulations that keep getting more and more expensive every year. How do we recoup our losses? We pass the buck to our customers. How do they recoup their losses? They pass the buck to you--the consumer.
When they cannot do that any longer, they pack their bags and go to another country without all these costly environmental regulations. They can make products much cheaper and still sell them to Americans.
http://townhall.com/columnists/kenblackwell/2...
Obviously you've been brainwashed by the oil/coal/gas industry.

Believe what you want, eventually gas will be so expensive we'll have no choice but to switch to renewable energy. Unfortunately by then it will be to late and our society will already have collapsed.

Truck on baby; enjoy it while it lasts.....

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#166 Jun 26, 2013
See the Light wrote:
<quoted text>It hasn't been the Greatest Country for 5 years now. America as we knew it, is gone. Its been degraded so much and will continue to be for the next 3 yrs.
I agree, Bush destroyed what was once a great country, but we're still the best nation on earth, and what Obama doesn't get fixed, President Hillary will finish.

Don't worry, even if it take 20 years to recover from the Bush years, we WILL come back.

Unfortunately that'll be just in time for the oil to run out and our society to collapse.....
See the Light

El Paso, TX

#169 Jun 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, Bush destroyed what was once a great country, but we're still the best nation on earth, and what Obama doesn't get fixed, President Hillary will finish.
Don't worry, even if it take 20 years to recover from the Bush years, we WILL come back.
Unfortunately that'll be just in time for the oil to run out and our society to collapse.....
I admit he wasn't right with the wars, but he loved this Country. You can't say that about Obama, he's out to destroy. I actually liked Hillary till Bengazi.I don't think we can ever recover unless we get rid of Liberal's.
See the Light

El Paso, TX

#170 Jun 26, 2013
RTT wrote:
I think a bill will eventually pass. The powerful interest groups of this country want it badly right now, which makes it harder to fight against it.
The Democrats will likely cave on the 90% metric before green card status, and Republicans will attach about 4 or 5 strict border laws by themselves and insist they be attached to the overall Senate bill to vote for it. They will mostly be about state enforcement being allowed, E-verify being stronger, and especially the exit/entry tracking being much much stronger which is currently by far the biggest illegal immigration problem. Path to citizenship will be tied to stronger border triggers that Republicans want. We shall see though, I could be wrong.
Dont trust the Dems to build fence or anything. We might get more agents but they prbably can't carry guns.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Media Buzz: Why the Trump spousal 'rape' story ... 1 hr serfs up 2
News Santa Fe Republican Treasurer ousted over Donal... 1 hr Holla Isabella 2
News Judge rules illegal immigrant parents with chil... 1 hr wild child 3
News Illegals Commit High Number Of Crimes In Texas 1 hr spud 4
News Texas Fights Suit After Denying Birth Certifica... 2 hr Mr Amigo 131
News House to vote on 'sanctuary cities' bill 2 hr sandy1 167
News Disgruntled GOP voters provide the Trump bump 2 hr Mr Amigo 58
More from around the web