Problems apparent for immigration in ...

Problems apparent for immigration in House

There are 149 comments on the KMIZ story from Jun 21, 2013, titled Problems apparent for immigration in House. In it, KMIZ reports that:

Momentum in the Senate may be building for passage of a comprehensive immigration reform bill after a border security deal was announced this week, but House GOP opposition to immigration legislation remains the biggest roadblock to a bill getting to the president's desk, and that opposition only appears to be hardening.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KMIZ.

Dane Thorsen

AOL

#123 Jun 25, 2013
I think the House can rework the Senate Bill into something the American people can abide. It all depends on Leader Pelosi's commitment to Immigration Reform.
If she will support the Bill w/o the Senate provisions which destroy America's two Party System the Bill should pass by the end of 2013.
Cat74

United States

#125 Jun 25, 2013
The Congress doesn't have until the end of 2013 to pass Immigration amnesty. The next election is only 16 months from now, and they have to campaign for months. So at best they have until September 1st. That means the Senate pass theirs, the House pass theirs, and the reconciliation will take months. No bill before the 2014 election, and no support for it after the election. It will be like gun control, and global warming.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Level 1

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#126 Jun 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If they already have examples of it, how is it not true? You think that companies that are on the threshold of growing to over 50 employees will cross that line? That companies that now have 55 employees or more won't do anything they can to avoid that massive expense?
You and I both own widget companies. We are fairly competitive up until 2014. You decide to obey Obama Care and go along with the program, and offset your costs by increasing the price of your widgets. I on the other hand decide to do what other businesses are doing which is anything that I can to avoid those costs so I can continue to sell my widgets at the same price.
Now our customers need widgets that we have to provide. How many of your customers are going to stay with your company with your price increase over mine where the prices are still stable?
It may not be the end of the world, but it's a real game changer when it comes to politics. Those who thought Obama Care would be a good idea are those who thought it would never negatively affect them. It's already affected me. My employer can now only afford the bare minimum coverage which is just about nothing; all because of Obama Care. Think I'm the only one?
https://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/cbo-dire...
Again, nothing but speculation tainted with your own bias against the bill. I would fully expect you to believe the sky will fall.
spud

United States

#127 Jun 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Your tax preparer is incorrect, and the rest is just speculation. Those opposed to Obama will believe any crazy predictions.
The sky isn't going to fall.
The sky is going to fall a lot more than it did when the Ds predicted an end to life as we know it because of the sequester. When are you sheeple going to figure out that this is all BS? It's all lies. It's theater. Both parties suck but the Democrats suck much more. And you wait and see, I guarantee your health benefits will eventually be taxed, one way or another.
Level 5

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#128 Jun 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since unemployment is under 8% and continuing to drop, the DOW & the economy are continuing to improve, and the only way another war would be started was if America was actually invaded, I'd say it's a lock on the Dems keeping the Senate in '14 and Hillary winning the Presidency in '16.
we shall see.
Dan

Miami, FL

#131 Jun 25, 2013
Fed Up Vet wrote:
It’s taken 27 years to finally admit that amnesty with promises of “enforcement” didn’t work. So how will our brain dead politicians fix our national disgrace? Why of course, they will pass another “amnesty” with more promises of enforcement to “solve” the problem. Our children deserve better, but votes are more important than national security for our elected officials.
They work... Spent money (in Walmart 4 example)...and contribute to the society ... What else do you want? P. o. S.
spud

United States

#132 Jun 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me, they will be.
The guy that does my taxes is certified and attends multiple educational courses to keep up on the latest laws. I have rental properties so I need somebody that does taxes professionally. I don't go to H&R block.
He's been my tax preparer for over two decades now and has never been wrong. Everything he says that is coming up does. He's the one who warned me about the taxes on healthcare plans, and I believe him. He's never been wrong so far.
I've heard similar things so I believe you 100%. I look up and I see the tax vultures circling and they all have a big D on their chest. Lets face it, they need a lot of money to buy votes and it has to come from somewhere.
ICE

Grissom Afb, IN

#133 Jun 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They work... Spent money (in Walmart 4 example)...and contribute to the society ... What else do you want? P. o. S.
spent money in Walmart, Damn you Obamanites crack me up.LOL
Oh, by the way, NEVER EVER VOTE!
Brenda besson

United States

#134 Jun 25, 2013
AmericanGal wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! They are here for money any which way they can get it.
My cousin is fighting(so far unsuccessfully)Identity thief.
I feel sorry for her, she has little ones to feed and needs to work,but they garnish her wages. It is hard ,it is hard for us(helping her) it is hard for her. She has always worked til she encountered this massive problem.
The family helps her to survive and feed her kids , but this needs to be settled so she can get out there again and work in her field.
that is very sad,i feel for her and her kids.thank god she has family.
Brenda besson

United States

#135 Jun 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
As I posted in my other reply. You make it a federal crime to be here illegally and punishable with a ten year prison sentence.
Problem solved. You wouldn't need an additional 20,000 new border patrol agents, you wouldn't need billion dollar fences, you wouldn't need a convoy of busses. They would deport themselves. All illegals out by January 1, 2014. Anybody caught after that date goes to jail.
very smart I like the way you think.i said the same thing about the republicans.go out with a bang.dont pass it.i dont think they will old school.
Brenda besson

United States

#136 Jun 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
As I posted in my other reply. You make it a federal crime to be here illegally and punishable with a ten year prison sentence.
Problem solved. You wouldn't need an additional 20,000 new border patrol agents, you wouldn't need billion dollar fences, you wouldn't need a convoy of busses. They would deport themselves. All illegals out by January 1, 2014. Anybody caught after that date goes to jail.
i love it!!!! Lol
Level 5

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#137 Jun 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
one of the big issues with the amnesty is they don't have any limits placed on the numbers that would be allowed.

see the problem?

if you don't, let me put it another way... we don't want to have a country that has a population like say china or india.

another thing.. when you allow too many people in in too short of a period of time, they don't assimilate. and that can cause it's own fair share of problems.

bottomline.. the decision to allow more in is one that should be made by the citizens of a country. NOT by those who wish to enter. understand?
Brenda besson

United States

#138 Jun 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be very surprised because she's been caught with her pants down on this Benghazi thing and we haven't heard or seen much of her since. I'm sure she disappeared hoping people will forget about it, but Republicans would be right there at election time to remind voters.
never going to happen.she will run,but wont win.shes a mess.i saw her on a talk show talking about benghazi,she was looking like a deer in headlights.she made me sick!!!
Cat74

United States

#140 Jun 25, 2013
5 Democrat Senators voted to cut off debate on the Amnesty bill last week, but couldn't answer questions about the bill today. They admitted there is a portion of the bill that creates incentives for employers to hire Registered Provisional immigrants, aka illegal aliens, over U S Citizens, but they are working to do something about that problem. Of course they are, and you have their word on it.
See the Light

United States

#141 Jun 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since unemployment is under 8% and continuing to drop, the DOW & the economy are continuing to improve, and the only way another war would be started was if America was actually invaded, I'd say it's a lock on the Dems keeping the Senate in '14 and Hillary winning the Presidency in '16.
Unemployment drops when people's insurance runs out. Then they become miracuously disabled. These Dems are so lazy.
spud

United States

#142 Jun 26, 2013
Only in the senate would they presume to be so stupid to repeat every mistake made in the passage of Obamacare. The House has far more patriots with far more brains to think they would rush through another unread bill, in spite of their dopey leaders neocon wishes.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#143 Jun 26, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>The sky is going to fall a lot more than it did when the Ds predicted an end to life as we know it because of the sequester. When are you sheeple going to figure out that this is all BS? It's all lies. It's theater. Both parties suck but the Democrats suck much more. And you wait and see, I guarantee your health benefits will eventually be taxed, one way or another.
Doubtful, since my health benefits are provided by the military, and the retired military lobby is still extremely powerful with Congress.

But if in the end they ARE taxed, I have no problem paying it. I'll be the first to admit I have an excellent healthcare plan. I think I certainly earned it by giving 20+ years of my life in defense of our country, but that said, I'm willing to pay my fair share as long as it is equitable.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#144 Jun 26, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The speculation is on your part--not mine. I already provided proof that it's happening right now.
You can hold the palms of your hands to your ears and sing aloud all you like. But that doesn't change reality. The reality is less medical professionals, much higher insurance premiums, more employers dropping healthcare coverage, and more people unable to buy their own.
Now DumBama announced that he's focusing on more green energy. That's fine except for the fact that green energy is much more expensive and less affordable for the average American family. That's why green energy can't compete with traditional energy. But he knows he'll never get his bills past the Republican Congress that is more concerned about jobs and affordable energy. So instead, he's giving that power to bureaucrats who will force these higher energy costs on us against our will. It's the same things he's already done to drain Americans of their cash.
Nope, just more speculation on your part.

And the reason green energy can't compete with traditional energy is because oil/coal/gas has a defacto monopoly and had 100+ years of government subsidies.

If the TRUE costs (environmental, healthcare, etc) are factored in, the cost of a gallon of gas would be around $20/gal, and electricity generated from coal would cost the average household thousands of dollars per month instead of $50-$100.

Renewable energy is the future. The only question is will we still have a planet capable of supporting human life by the time that future is realized.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#145 Jun 26, 2013
Natty Bumppo wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be right. We had the 48% that pay no federal income tax and all the welfare types and illegals and just plain dumbasses like you vote for Obama, the worst president in our history, a second time, so why wouldn't the same group of losers like you vote for a has been like Hillary. Most unaccomplished Sec. of State in our history. Married to a formerly impeached ex president. You just can't make this crap up can you?
Yep, we're going to elect Hillary president in '16, mostly just to piss off people like you.
spud

United States

#146 Jun 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubtful, since my health benefits are provided by the military, and the retired military lobby is still extremely powerful with Congress.
But if in the end they ARE taxed, I have no problem paying it. I'll be the first to admit I have an excellent healthcare plan. I think I certainly earned it by giving 20+ years of my life in defense of our country, but that said, I'm willing to pay my fair share as long as it is equitable.
Did you serve so illegal aliens could use healthcare dollars that poor American families need? Did you serve so pregnant illegal aliens could swim across the border and have their children here, for free? Charity begins at home but what we have today is the opposite of charity. It's vote buying at the expense of our own needy. This is 100% political. It has nothing to do with compassion or anything else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 3 min Dee Dee Dee 13,159
News Study: Illegal immigrants having more kids in US (Apr '09) 3 min Juan Illota 5,751
News Duplicitous NY Times Suddenly Enthused By State... 4 min Well Well 2
News Paul Ryan Says U.S. Will Not Wall Off Entire Me... 6 min o see the light 91
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 25 min Xrcb 14,897
News FAIR's big play: Onetime fringe group hopes to ... 2 hr tomin cali 25
News Trump close to naming retired Marine general to... 2 hr tomin cali 29
More from around the web