Must Voters Have To Prove Citizenship...

Must Voters Have To Prove Citizenship To Register?

There are 5 comments on the cbslocal.com story from Mar 17, 2013, titled Must Voters Have To Prove Citizenship To Register?. In it, cbslocal.com reports that:

The Supreme Court will struggle this week with the validity of an Arizona law that tries to keep illegal immigrants from voting by demanding all state residents show documents proving their U.S. citizenship before registering to vote in national elections.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at cbslocal.com.

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#1 Mar 17, 2013
If the SCOTUS upholds Arizona's law, the fall out is going to make the Nagasaki bombing look like a cheap firecracker.

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#2 Mar 17, 2013
To answer the question of the topic, I had to provide a birth certificate to get my driver's license.

I had to provide my driver's license to register to vote.

During routine traffic stops I Have to provide my driver's license, proof of insurance and my vehicle registration.

WTF is the problem with providing proof of citizenship to vote?
Level 6

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#3 Mar 18, 2013
Yes!!! If illegal aliens could get US passports without proving who they were do you think they wouldn't do it?
Mayela

Union City, GA

#4 Mar 18, 2013
In a new Pew poll, 62 percent of those surveyed say the GOP is out of touch with the American people. Now the Republican Party is trying to figure out what it has to do to start winning elections again.

The GOP has now lost the popular vote in five of the last six presidential elections. And whether they think the party needs to rethink, rebrand or merely refine its message, there's wide agreement among Republicans that the party has to change.

"There are a lot of Republican campaigns that I would argue, if the Democrat candidate didn't exist, they wouldn't know what to say," Winston says. "And that's just not an acceptable state of affairs in terms of, if you're a party whose purpose is to govern, then you should have a clear direction in terms of what it is you're proposing."

At the same meeting, the chairman of the Republican National Committee, Reince Priebus, put it in much simpler terms: "There's one clear, overriding lesson from November: We didn't have enough voters.... We have to find more supporters. We have to go places we haven't been, and we have to invite new people to join us."
http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2013/...

TLOL
bob

United States

#5 Mar 18, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
To answer the question of the topic, I had to provide a birth certificate to get my driver's license.
I had to provide my driver's license to register to vote.
During routine traffic stops I Have to provide my driver's license, proof of insurance and my vehicle registration.
WTF is the problem with providing proof of citizenship to vote?
The illegal hordes and those that support them dont lik e it if they cant vote they cant hope to take over America without firing a shot . change the rules and let every illegal come and take what they can steal.llegals and ninorites are outbreeding citizens and welfare is paying for it . Its a huge voting base if you say you will make them legal. Thing is abumbo cant be re-elected but he will try Potus for life .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 5 min An NFL Fan 229
News Santorum, Gingrich tote Etch A Sketch toys (Mar '12) 23 min Ukranian virginity 24
News Controversial Mexican-American textbook is stir... 56 min spud 9
News New Challenges for Immigration Law 1 hr tomin cali 1
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 1 hr Denny CranesPlace 5,940
News Immigration Rights Group Wants Joe Arpaio Arres... 2 hr Just Sayin 14
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 2 hr positronium 8,427
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 2 hr Just Slim 141,132
More from around the web