GOP Chairman pledges to oppose any pa...

GOP Chairman pledges to oppose any path to citizenship for illegal immigrants

There are 8 comments on the Free Republic story from Jan 31, 2014, titled GOP Chairman pledges to oppose any path to citizenship for illegal immigrants. In it, Free Republic reports that:

GOP Chairman Reince Priebus told a Baltimore-based radio program, The Derek Hunter Show on WBAL, on Thursday that he would oppose any immigration reform legislation that includes a pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens unlawfully residing in the country.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Jan 31, 2014
Good work, dont even talk about this in a midterm year, right behind you preibus is, ted, jeff, steve, louie, and many more.so like I said yesterday this will never happen.next
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Jan 31, 2014
Lrts keep this story up here where it belongs, I said yesterday this would happen, hi reality check
Mr Wright

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Jan 31, 2014
Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus on Thursday forcefully condemned "self-deportation," the policy of making life for undocumented immigrants so difficult that they voluntarily leave the United States.

"Using the word 'self-deportation'-- it's a horrific comment to make," the RNC chairman was quoted as saying in Business Insider. "I don't think it has anything to do with our party. When someone makes those comments, obviously, it hurts us."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/16/rein...
Mr Wright

Las Vegas, NV

#4 Jan 31, 2014
Don’t count Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus among those who believe comprehensive immigration reform is dead this Congress.

Despite exasperation among reform advocates that the House has refused to vote on any major immigration bill — particularly the Senate-passed legislation — Priebus said that his “gut” feeling is that the House will indeed pass an immigration overhaul in the next 14 months.

“Something significant is going to happen because obviously mass deportation is not an option.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/reince-...
Mr Wright

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Jan 31, 2014
I would conclude that Mr. Reince (the so-called "man-child" of the GOP) is a typical flip flop politician who speaks out of both sides of his pretty face.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

#6 Jan 31, 2014
Mr Wright wrote:
Don’t count Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus among those who believe comprehensive immigration reform is dead this Congress.
Despite exasperation among reform advocates that the House has refused to vote on any major immigration bill — particularly the Senate-passed legislation — Priebus said that his “gut” feeling is that the House will indeed pass an immigration overhaul in the next 14 months.
“Something significant is going to happen because obviously mass deportation is not an option.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/reince-...
Mass deportations might not work but regular and vigorous enforcement of existing laws would help. If that means bus loads of deportees leave the US daily so be it.

Also don't get caught up in the ILLEGALs south of border. There are ILLEGALs from all over the world especially in the big cities. There are areas like south Florida that have been under reporting/under playing the ILLEGAL alien problem for decades to keep tourist coming to the state. South Florida also has an ILLEGAL Canadian and Euro trash problem with these groups coming for a visit never to return home again-or get US residency or citizenship.

Before the system is changed how about actually using it and fixing the problems before it is scrapped.
Woos

Crandall, IN

#7 Jan 31, 2014
We should see that or immigration department sucks out loud. I am sure that if then can not find more than illegal immigrant with the millions out there , one being awarded at the Grammies , they all need reeducated . They show our leaders stance on the problem . We need jobs and with Obama 's work on creating jobs ,maybe the jobs that are freed up by kicking them out would be a good for the country , and with the raised minimum wage ,they may become jobs that people would take.
ronnie

American Fork, UT

#8 Jan 31, 2014
No one in there right mind would discuss illegal amnesty before the elections. Further more Boehner and the other GOP big wigs will never bring that thing to the house floor. Lame Duck President until he get's the hell out of DC... No executive order, isn't legal, no amnesty, ever....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why the border fence fails (Apr '09) 20 min guess at it 892
News 2016's top candidates struggle to change the su... 30 min USA Today 22
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 47 min serfs up 111
News Trump says he'd deport undocumented immigrants ... 1 hr Political Traveler 649
News Donald Trump is still bashing Megyn Kelly 1 hr Coal Mine Canary 5
News Fatal shot in San Francisco pier shooting was r... 1 hr Perry Mason 4
News Trump: 'I have to do right thing' 1 hr mjjcpa 207
More from around the web